• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

DrPizza

Banned
lol the level 1 rosh from VG

Honestly surprised we haven't seen more strats like this, especially in the open qualifiers. Not your standard level 1 Roshan team, but then combined with the hard push, it was really well executed. If IG hadn't GGed to save the final rax, it'd have been a sub-20 minute megacreeping.

shira

Here we go anime fans

EU Qualifier Playoffs Day 1 of 2
Alliance vs Escape
https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit3 /w kotl & merlini

China Roundrobin Day 2 of 2
Looks like the brackets are pretty much set with VG relying on Ehome to beat IGV as NBY and TF are the punching bags

1. Wings Gaming 7-1 [remaining NBY]
=============================
2. Invictus Gaming 6-2 [VGR]
2. EHOME.cn 6-2 [IGV]
4. Vici Gaming Reborn 5-3 [iG]
5. iG Vitality 4-3 [EH, TF]
---------------------------------------------------
6. Vici Gaming 4-4 [TF]

Shinypogs

Whoops forgot about the escape vs alliance series, totally not surpassed to see Loda on Jugg, him and naga seem to be his " get serious" heroes.

shira

https://twitter.com/kellymilkies/status/747348951406415872 said:
We actually need to win this cause I want synderen to coach us for #TI6 - am I evil��? In my defense he's really good fit for us��

facepalm.gif

I'll be on holiday in Italy during TI6. Oh well.

I wish TI didn't take place in fucking summer. Other than nerdy basement dwellers, who is gonna spend their time watching games as opposed to enjoying that little bit of sun we Central Europeans get? I'm really unhappy to miss the tournament.

I'll be on holiday in Italy during TI6. Oh well.

I wish TI didn't take place in fucking summer. Other than nerdy basement dwellers, who is gonna spend their time watching games as opposed to enjoying that little bit of sun we Central Europeans get? I'm really unhappy to miss the tournament.

As a floridian, I'm more than happy to stay indoors

H13

STOP PICKING PUDGE ON THE ARCANA VOTE,
VOTE BRISTLEBACK PLEASE
THE TOXIC HERO GOT A LOT OF COSMETIC ALREADY FFS
charm_rage.gif

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
Bulldog can do some crazy stuff on that hero

Halp, going insane.

BHK3

Banned
do you have to keep dota open for the predictions to count? I already have issues with it not taking my predictions at all but I still don't have a single correct prediction...or the achievements bugged...

do you have to keep dota open for the predictions to count? I already have issues with it not taking my predictions at all but I still don't have a single correct prediction...or the achievements bugged...

It's really buggy. The XctN and TNC game was a prime example of it. One of the predictions was "Who will have the most kills by the end of the game?", and it locked at XctN with 22 despite the fact that TNC had like 33. So it said everyone had it wrong despite the fact that they correctly picked TNC.

Why the hell do they keep picking DP for S4? Have they won a single game where he's played that hero? He always has no impact...

EDIT: Alliance has an awesome 34% win rate all time with DP, that's awful. It's a slightly better 42% over the last 6 months, but still not great.

shira

Jesus Wings just threw away their guaranteed 1st place TI ticket to the last place team.

cBj1LTf.png
cBj1LTf.png

1. Wings Gaming 7-2
1. EHOME.cn 7-2
3. Invictus Gaming 6-2 [VGR]
4. Vici Gaming Reborn 5-3 [iG]
5. Vici Gaming 5-4
---------------------------------------------------
6. iG Vitality 4-4 [TF]

All it takes is 1 bad day. Virtus Pro is a prime example. They were in first with a 4-1 record after day 1, then managed to lose literally every game day 2 and finish 4-5.

Shinypogs

Why the hell do they keep picking DP for S4? Have they won a single game where he's played that hero? He always has no impact...

EDIT: Alliance has an awesome 34% win rate all time with DP, that's awful. It's a slightly better 42% over the last 6 months, but still not great.

Even s4 admits he's not good with heroes that need to farm, he much prefers to farm heroes and make space. Maybe his biggest weakness is lack of versatility in terms of types of mid heroes he likes to play. Not that he's a bad mid player by any means just not as flexible as he could be.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
I haven't paid attention to the chinese teams and their shuffles, Ferrari_430 seems to be stuck in a team with players I don't recognise at all.

I haven't paid attention to the chinese teams and their shuffles, Ferrari_430 seems to be stuck in a team with players I don't recognise at all.

If I remember correctly he's on iG.V right? I remember hearing he was tasked with getting a younger team up and running.

EDIT: Nope, he's on regular iG, I just forgot they completely rebuilt their team.

Akke got a double cent stack - 67% magic resistance on the mobs ;o

And double Hellbear smasher, now it's up to 73% magic resis lolol. GL killing that with magic damage.

e: Not liking Esc chances at all here. Feels like a complete outdraft. Unless they get good ravage initiations, which will prove particularly difficult against beastmaster, aghs kotl and slark, I don't see how Esc takes a teamfight and teamfights is all they really have.

Didn't watch the games because I'm at work. You guys wrote they were 20k gold ahead with DP and apparently lost and I'm asking if I misunderstood.

I guess my earlier comments were refusing. I just woke up 2 hours ago and the game I saw Esc was winning. I thought it was still BO1, but it's best of 3 now (which wasn't shown ingame in the 2nd game).

So Alliance won game 1 and 3.

Didn't watch the games because I'm at work. You guys wrote they were 20k gold ahead with DP and apparently lost and I'm asking if I misunderstood.

I was saying ESC Gaming was 20k ahead after they fed like 5 kills or something.

Also, who's the girl on the BTS Multicast? She doesn't sound familiar.

shira

1. Wings Gaming 7-2
1. EHOME.cn 7-2
3. Invictus Gaming 6-3
3. Vici Gaming Reborn 6-3
---------------------------------------------------------
5. Vici Gaming 5-4
5. iG Vitality 5-4

Tie breaker for first place and 5th place?

I was saying ESC Gaming was 20k ahead after they fed like 5 kills or something.

Also, who's the girl on the BTS Multicast? She doesn't sound familiar.

https://twitter.com/anneedroid

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Why aren't there tie breaker conditions in effect without teams having to just keep playing series for placement? Why can't they break ties based on things like head to head results, in-game score, etc... Having all that tie breaker shit on top of all the games these teams already played is dumb.

Why aren't there tie breaker conditions in effect without teams having to just keep playing series for placement? Why can't they break ties based on things like head to head results, in-game score, etc... Having all that tie breaker shit on top of all the games these teams already played is dumb.

I strongly dislike head-to-head results/stats as a measurement. Too often you get strongly arbitrary results if you take that into consideration. Extra games played can be an obnoxious time investment but feel fairer, imo.

Top Bottom