• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

rise of the tomb raider or doom?

it doesnt seem like doom has any single player DLC coming and that's what im mainly in it for
doom-penta.gif

XAL

Wait, so I have to buy them? There is no way this will work unless the Streamer gets money.

Do they get money? The blog does not make it clear.

Yeah. It's intentionally vague because I'm positive Twitch will get some kind of unspecified %.

Basically trying to muscle in on getting a cut of streamer's donations.

Chris R

I bet they get 1c per bit, so your 100 bit purchase for $1.40 gives twitch right around 30% of the money and the streamers get the other 70%.

And now that I've seen Steins;gate I know what the hell is going on in that gif

Yeah. It's intentionally vague because I'm positive Twitch will get some kind of unspecified %.

Basically trying to muscle in on getting a cut of streamer's donations.
"Muscle In" implies some level of take. If streamers would prefer direct donations, they'll say so. People are so quick to jump on twitch, but christ this is such a non issue.

Gaming side has a thread titled called "Games You Suck At, But Wish You Didn't". I wish I didn't suck at Dota 2, then I could win a million dollars from playing this game
dac15_tired.gif

Xeteh

I can't handle Slacks on commentary. I feel like I'm missing something because so many people like him but he just acts stupid and that is his whole shtick. It is awful.

Quesa

I can't handle Slacks on commentary. I feel like I'm missing something because so many people like him but he just acts stupid and that is his whole shtick. It is awful.

He's hit-and-miss for me. When he's actively trying to liven things up with humor where it's not needed, he's grating. When he's reacting to things with a kind of earthy bewilderment, he's great.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Slacks is literally the worst personality in the entire Dota scene. It's unfortunate all the shitty memester's on Reddit love him so much because we will fucking never be rid of him. Ever.

Jebusman

Banned
Slacks is literally the worst personality in the entire Dota scene. It's unfortunate all the shitty memester's on Reddit love him so much because we will fucking never be rid of him. Ever.

I dunno man, I had a pretty pleasant game with him the other day. Maybe hosting/interviewing he's not the greatest, but playing with him he seems alright.

shira

I think it's because people feel bad for Slacks. He traded his midlife to be a Twitch clown.
there are Gundam ads on this page now

thanks quesa

I checked the Casper mattress thread and I had Casper ads for a month. Their Google ad rates must be insane.

RIP Mumei
cBj1LTf.png

Twookie

I have the weirdest problem on my iphone right now

My spotify app just randomly switched language from english to (presumably) japanese. It's the only app on my phone that does this, restarting the app or the phone doesnt change it back

reinstalling the app doesnt work either

weird stuff

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I could go for some Gundam ads. NeoGAF apparently thinks I'm a Trump voter

8K8scTe.png

shira

I have the weirdest problem on my iphone right now

My spotify app just randomly switched language from english to (presumably) japanese. It's the only app on my phone that does this, restarting the app or the phone doesnt change it back

reinstalling the app doesnt work either

weird stuff
Daijobu?

i found this fps/ping counter on the top is moving whenever there's update to client, from overshadow dire team, a bit right, and now finally on the rightmost.

Chris R

So other than an Iron Talon nerf (force offlaners back to the lane Icefrog, wtf) what are we expecting for the patch between now and Wild Card matches?

Quesa

So other than an Iron Talon nerf (force offlaners back to the lane Icefrog, wtf) what are we expecting for the patch between now and Wild Card matches?

The whole point of Iron Talon was to get offlaners out of the lane, because there were situations where they'd be forced out anyway and had little recourse. That said, I could see a reduction in the damage it does or maybe they could reduce the bounty of creeps hit by iron talon.

And techies buffs. I always expect techies buffs

And I am always let down.

Chris R

Having something to fall back on if the offlane can't work is fine, but it's like every single game starts with the offlaner grabbing a talon to afk in the jungle while the enemy team farms with zero resistance

XAL

"Muscle In" implies some level of take. If streamers would prefer direct donations, they'll say so. People are so quick to jump on twitch, but christ this is such a non issue.

All they have to do is change the TOS and they might if they're determined. Never underestimate greed when someone has a strong hold on their specific industry.

So TI Open Qualifiers had 110/110 picked/banned, and TI regionals have had 104/110 picked/banned?

Top Bottom