• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

LOL CIS dota just got rekt
- VP disband
- Polrity disband
- All managmenet fired

that sucks, cis dota is scrappy and fun to watch, and I like fng (who is above 8k mmr now iirc despite all the shitter accusations)

hopefully the region recovers or moves on to greener (League) pastures.

BHK3

Banned
that sucks, cis dota is scrappy and fun to watch, and I like fng (who is above 8k mmr now iirc despite all the shitter accusations)

hopefully the region recovers or moves on to greener (Paragon) pastures.

Fixed.

Still in the market for the Collectors Cache Undying set, Magnus set and maybe some others. Willing to do things for you that your girlfriend wouldn't.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I'll grant you "sluggish" is a word that could be used to describe MonHun combat. If you aren't feeling it or know what you're doing, comparing it to other action games it feels really slow, but boring? Come on dude.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
When is MonHun coming to PCs I want to hun mons.

When is MonHun coming to PCs I want to hun mons.

when capcom is successful again
4Head.png

Its a great game for sure! loved it.

That demon got me the first two tries. but thankfully I had a demon with tetrja to
null his insta death bullshit

Mot and Bishamonten
(shrine version)
were a real pain in the ass and took several tries to beat them.

Next game on my list is Persona 3 FES

Atlus was on fire during the PS2 era. My favourite Atlus games on that console:

1. Persona 3 FES
2. Nocturne
3. Devil Summoner 2
4. Persona 4
5. Digital Devil Saga
6. Digital Devil Saga 2

in seriousness, if mon hun continues in its rising western popularity, console and PC ports aren't far off. If the mainline series stays nintendo exclusive for NX, I don't see it happening any time soon, though.

Demoli

in seriousness, if mon hun continues in its rising western popularity, console and PC ports aren't far off. If the mainline series stays nintendo exclusive for NX, I don't see it happening any time soon, though.

Unless it takes off to the point where western popularity massivly surpasses japans I really don't see how, but it would be great honestly.

Madouu

Toukiden is so so. Nothing like Monster Hunter when it comes to the core gameplay but it mirrors the main concepts of the game. I did not like it much, mainly due to the combat being very unsatisfying.

I'll add to the MH love in the thread, it's not a perfect game but it's one of the few that are not Dota that reward the player with such a high level of satisfaction when things go your way.

Twookie

have you guys bought any games this steam summer sale?

I feel like this is the first time ever I haven't even wanted a single game from the sale...

it's probably just me

Russ T

Banned
i bought everything on my steam wishlist that was under two bucks

no real reason for doing so, but it was like thirty bucks totla for a couple dozen games that i can play now

SHRUG

Demoli

I feel like this is the first time ever I haven't even wanted a single game from the sale...

it's probably just me

Got Witcher 3 and that was it.

I grabbed a lot fromt he GOG sale tho, mostly to replace my lost floppies nad CDs. Call of cthulu series, another world, simon the sorcerer and leisure suit larry.

Chris R

it's probably just me

I've purchased 4 games. All puzzle games for under $1.

The big items aren't on a big enough sale, I can wait (or never play them).

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
MHX demo is fresh but man it just makes me want to play the game proper. Feels wrong to be using preconstructed loadouts instead of shit that I murdered poor defenseless animals for.

So far I've played with Swaxe, Bow and Lance. Gotta go watch some gaijin hunter vids to get primers on how the styles work with some of the other weapons before I try em out.

Haven't carted yet in any of the fights offline or online. 2 pro 4 U! Just got done carrying a "Player 3" who tried really hard to triple cart us tho. Definitely some bads online.

All monster hunter style games always miss the biggest point of the series.

THE MONSTERS ARE THE ACTUAL STARS OF THE GAMES, not the animu chick that you can play.

They have a lot of personality, one of the reason why Deviljho is so popular. Lots of character for a monster that only wants to eat everything, and it translates to its AI and fight. It is a monster that it is an invasive species, you can fight it in almost all areas; it wants to EAT and shows it, meat works for baiting status effects or traps, it eats other downed large monsters, including sleeping ones. It even eats ITS OWN TAIL if it has too.

The savage version literally tries to eat you all the time with its pinning attacks, and has another rage mode BECAUSE FUCK YOU ITS HUNGRY AS FUCK. It also attacks other monsters occasionally.

Then you add something like Qurupeco, another monster that taunts you, it is semi-cowardly and summons other monsters and dances when they enter the area.

There's a giant scorpion that's basically a giant robot that uses a smaller one to combine and ram your ass with it, throw it and kill it or kills it and eats it if low on stamina.

Zinogre does a slow walks to show its confidence and even twists its neck to show its regal-like appearance.

God Eater is basically monster hunter if you take away this and add more plot and T&A.

TUSR

Banned
All this Monster Hunter talking is going to bring forth a wave of anime. My apprentice and I are preparing.

ps bzm sux

Toukiden is best MonHun clone, followed by Souls

the fuck

souls is souls-like, the best genre

haven't you ever wished a series would be more souls-like like zelda, castlevania, metroid, elder scrolls, persona, smt, ace attorney, dota, chivalry

with souls-like qualities, no casual pauses and with the best art direction in gaming

souls

LiQuid!

I'd probably watch a Monster Hunter anime if it looked like that RPG side game in development

ppWg9Qd.jpg

Demoli

All monster hunter style games always miss the biggest point of the series.

THE MONSTERS ARE THE ACTUAL STARS OF THE GAMES, not the animu chick that you can play.

They have a lot of personality, one of the reason why Deviljho is so popular. Lots of character for a monster that only wants to eat everything, and it translates to its AI and fight. It is a monster that it is an invasive species, you can fight it in almost all areas; it wants to EAT and shows it, meat works for baiting status effects or traps, it eats other downed large monsters, including sleeping ones. It even eats ITS OWN TAIL if it has too.

The savage version literally tries to eat you all the time with its pinning attacks, and has another rage mode BECAUSE FUCK YOU ITS HUNGRY AS FUCK. It also attacks other monsters occasionally.

Then you add something like Qurupeco, another monster that taunts you, it is semi-cowardly and summons other monsters and dances when they enter the area.

There's a giant scorpion that's basically a giant robot that uses a smaller one to combine and ram your ass with it, throw it and kill it or kills it and eats it if low on stamina.

Zinogre does a slow walks to show its confidence and even twists its neck to show its regal-like appearance.

God Eater is basically monster hunter if you take away this and add more plot and T&A.

Deviljho is the GOAT. I'll never forget hm showing up uninvited in a High rank Qurupeco fight andsweeping across the area, with everyone in my party running around not knowing what to do.

Basicly

high_rank_time_by_seraphiczero-d3razvg.jpg

Just replace the Guan dao for a Siegmund and that was it.

Russ T

Banned
for real tho monhun is not a visually attractive game

it's all just so bland

it serves its purpose and is not UNattractive but good lord someone give them art please

LiQuid!

I think MH looks great. Looks japanese without looking all shitty and weeby. All the monsters themselves look great and the way they translate their look into armor sets too. Not to mention all the colorful, tribal art in the UI. I honestly don't know what you people are complaining about.

Russ T

Banned
i'm complaining about the bland graphics

it's not even art it's just graphics

functional but boring

i'm exaggerating my opinion a thousandfold but it definitely is not an art style that appeals to me at all even a little

LOL CIS dota just got rekt
- VP disband
- Polrity disband
- All managmenet fired

wow. rip
what about empire ?

Atlus was on fire during the PS2 era. My favourite Atlus games on that console:

1. Persona 3 FES
2. Nocturne
3. Devil Summoner 2
4. Persona 4
5. Digital Devil Saga
6. Digital Devil Saga 2

you liked P3FES that much? huh. I know nothing about it and I barley heard any opinions of it.
This is gonna be interesting.

M.D

I hate Android with a passion but I'm still considering a Galaxy S7 Edge because the Iphone is so fucking expensive over here

FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Top Bottom