• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
so you like anime

Back when I actually watched anime, aside from mecha shows, "slice of life" was my jam, so Persona might just be my repressed, inner weeb trickling out a little bit. It's the only weebish frivolity I allow myself.

Same. Hate anime but for some reason I find the wacky representation of Japanese culture in P3/4 to be endearing.

Yeah this is the same thing as Hylian saying "I hate anime but I love The World Ends With You"

Persona 4 and The World Ends With You are pretty anime. Anime just has lots of sub-genres in it. It's fine if you don't like entire sub-genres like Magical Girl, Shonen Jump action, etc. Just don't say "ANIME SUCKS oh except for this thing I really love that is also anime".

I think anime is embarrassing but Persona 3 FES was a revelation in 2008 for me. I was so JRPG starved that I would have played anything and P3 happened to be of the best JRPGs in existence so that's that.

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
Yeah this is the same thing as Hylian saying "I hate anime but I love The World Ends With You"

Persona 4 and The World Ends With You are pretty anime. Anime just has lots of sub-genres in it. It's fine if you don't like entire sub-genres like Magical Girl, Shonen Jump action, etc. Just don't say "ANIME SUCKS oh except for this thing I really love that is also anime".
I dunno, at the end of the day you still have a rogue-like dungeon crawler with a pretty dope combat system, which makes for a pretty good content delivery system for said anime. There's no room in my heart or life to just sit down and watch an anime tv show anymore tho. I've tried. No bueno.

The Persona 3 dungeon had like
250+
floors. It was quite a meaty game honestly. Persona 4 was a little too dialogue heavy which is why I preferred 3. Also, the city setting appealed more to me.

And beware of Persona 4's true ending: Unlike P3, it's virtually impossible to find it out yourself.

LiQuid!

Dota is the shit spackle that binds all us divergent souls.

Demoli

portugal16.gif
portugal16.gif
portugal16.gif

Can't wait for portugal to win the euro with 7 ties

Russ T

Banned

pf nope all anime is the same giant breasted loli girls mackin on episodes-long-screaming potato kun all day long

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Can't really go wrong with Cardcaptor Sakura, Revolutionary Girl Utena, or Princess Tutu.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
sailor moon bro

Sorry, I should have been more clear. A magical girl anime that isn't horrible or boring, and is actually good.

does escaflowne count as magical girl

How the hell would that be Magical Girl? Its a Mech Anime in a Medieval Universe, with the MC Girl having unexplained deus ex psychic powers. Magical Girl normally involves having a physical plot device that transforms them into costumed warriors.

kvk1

How the hell would that be Magical Girl? Its a Mech Anime in a Medieval Universe, with the MC Girl having unexplained deus ex psychic powers. Magical Girl normally involves having a physical plot device that transforms them into costumed warriors.

mmDvu61.png

get rekt 109

3K anime knowledge exposed

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I kind of like Jackal more than Anubis.

Gosh this is so difficult.

Top Bottom