• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DOTA2 |OT14| i give up like your pubs do

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Just read that thread about upgrading your Core i5-2500k or not, and apparently what can be a factor is RAM in it's performance. Right now I have an 8GB DDR3 stick @ 1600MHz and 2 x 4GB sticks @ 1333MHz.

Based on the Digital Foundry video, it sounds like a RAM upgrade would benefit fairly significantly.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EUPV2RQ/?tag=neogaf0e-20

This worth it?

i believe you shouldn't really be running unmatched sticks of RAM anyway, or you don't actually get the benefit of having DDR over regular old DRAM

or at least that was the case 10 years ago, it's possible that technology has advanced since then

Hylian7

i believe you shouldn't really be running unmatched sticks of RAM anyway, or you don't actually get the benefit of having DDR over regular old DRAM

or at least that was the case 10 years ago, it's possible that technology has advanced since then

Ah, makes sense then. I can get these and just run these then and take out the other ones.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Back in my day, all 4 Ram sticks could be different sizes and from different companies, and everything worked fine.
anuxi_trees.gif

Hylian7

Just over clock out ram to 1600, barely matters on that choose

On the new and and Intel stuff it does matter

I'm still rocking 2500k, I went ahead and ordered the 2400MHz ram though.

I probably won't be building a new PC for a year or so (for VR), so if I can make this one last longer, the better.

http://dota2.gamepedia.com/Phantom_Assassin

The crit chance stacks, but the dmg % will come from koop dee grace

I've never bought Daedalus on PA, but I'm almost sure this is how it works:

With Daedalus and Coup De Grace both roll for chances to proc when PA attacks. If both Coup De Grace and Daedalus rolled successfully, Coup De Grace will have priority, you get 450% crit. Daedelus has its PRD value increased for next attack.

If Daedalus only rolls successfully, you only get 220% crit instead of 450%. Coup De Grace will have its PRD value increased for next attack. And, just to be pedantic: if only Coup De Grave rolls successfully, you get 450% crit instead of 220% crit, Daedalus has its PRD value increased for next attack. (All of this assumes max Coup De Grace of course)

Only thing I'm not sure about is how Dagger works with Coup De Grace. When Dagger was first changed to work with Coup De Grace I was relatively certain that Dagger and normal right clicks kept track of their PRD values separately, i.e. you could prime dagger and right clicks for crits separately. Now that Dagger just does a normal attack I don't think that's true anymore, but I can't tell?

LiQuid!

I proudly and openly admit to wishing death upon the mothers of people I don't like
I love how every single time, without fail, that there is a community vote on anything, the Dota community trolls itself.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
I love how every single time, without fail, that there is a community vote on anything, the Dota community trolls itself.

trolls itself? i don't understand. we get to see what valve does to io and hundreds of thirsty nerds get to save their money from not buying another waifu arcana.

Twookie

I'm kinda amazed that we have so little information about the TI event when it's starting in like a week

but then again it's valve it's like this every time

Hylian7

at first i was like 'what the fuck' at a lot of the twists. but further reflection and review with some online help really helped solidify its awesomeness for me.

Yeah, I'm right there with you on that. I definitely had to think about it for a bit after I finished it to truly understand it.

Acinixys

I'm kinda amazed that we have so little information about the TI event when it's starting in like a week

but then again it's valve it's like this every time

Setting up a 20 million dollar tourny is hard work when you only have 4 staff working on Dota

3 are running TI and the last one is sitting at the office making immortals for TI8

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Pit Lord?

Icefrog should announce some new heroes for DotA just when Pit Lord is released so we don't reach parity.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
My friend says he can't make it out, anyone still need a FINALS ONLY badge?
Payment will have to be via Amazon giftcard if it's this late tho.
sleeping.gif

D

Deleted member 77995

Unconfirmed Member
Need 450 more xp to get Legion wings. I realllly don't want to play dota right now and I know I won't anytime in the future but I'll be kicking myself later for not getting it.

Nothing to recycle for it and I will not spend even a penny more just to get half a level.

What's the best 4 man setup a normal skill bracket stack could run that would allow me to afk?

Edit: Actually, I'll just wait for community challenge to be completed and play with Lina's balls, easy.

Top Bottom