• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT2| Leave the damn Hinterlands!

wolfhowwl

Banned
BioWare was considering having
an Envy Demon illusion version of
Leliana try to seduce you at one point. But that isn't what Leliana fans wanted...I hope.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I don't blame you for missing Leliana, but I still laugh every time I hear someone wish they could romance her in Inquisition since I assume they romanced her in Origins too. It's like they want to cuckold themselves.

I liked that bit of adult relationship. She's with a woman doing her own thing at the moment, but they both got shit to do right now, so ain't nobody got time for searching wagons for flowers and shit.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
I don't blame you for missing Leliana, but I still laugh every time I hear someone wish they could romance her in Inquisition since I assume they romanced her in Origins too. It's like they want to cuckold themselves.

I would have liked the option. Then again I've never played Origins.

Sakura

First time in this thread. But is anyone else disappointed with the lack of option for straight male Inquisitor?

Yea it's pretty disappointing. Just a handful of middle aged ladies. Cassandra looks like a dude and her accent annoys me. Where are the blonde virgin 18 year old princesses dammit.

Springy

How long is this game? I just started
the assassination at the Orlesian Ball
story mission and my game clock is over 100 hours. How far into the main quest am I, and do any other areas open up at any point beyond now, and am I playing this game like a crazy person to take so long?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
First time in this thread. But is anyone else disappointed with the lack of option for straight male Inquisitor?
You're assuming that the other options were better.

Also, I'm pretty sure there was a thread devoted to the disappointment of the romance options.

story mission and my game clock is over 100 hours. How far into the main quest am I, and do any other areas open up at any point beyond now, and am I playing this game like a crazy person to take so long?
The main quest is actually pretty short, but if you buffer it with fetch quests and other side quests, it can take you a long while.

Korosenai

What class is better for rogue, and which is best for Mage?
Had kind of a similar problem?. Every time I tried to start Dragon Age on PS4 it wanted me to create a user id for Origin instead of using my Origin account I already have ( and have had for years now) The issue turned out to be I had linked my PS3 back in the day to a different email account under the EA account system for some random game (before Origin was released) so when I start DA it wants me to convert that old EA account over to a new Origin account. All I had to do was use the web live chat feature and ask for my PSN to be linked to my normal Origin account. The live chat was very helpful and got it fixed for me, a bit slow doing so but I can't complain too much. Hope this helps.
Yeah, I finally found out which email I used for it. Apparently when I played an ea game a long time ago, I used my dads email to sign up for it. I've since made a new origin account that has a bunch of games of it, and now that second account with my Xbox account linked to it.

That patch for party banter will never come :(

That spoiler thread constantly entices me but I've been playing this game at a really slow pace so I can't enter that discussion just yet.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Anybody have a map with all the 5 dwarven tombs in the Hissing Wastes?

The hardest two to find are the graveyard and mountain fortress tombs. The Graveyard is far to the southwest in between the first camp you start at and the logging camp.
The Mountain Fortress is not on the mountaintop like you would think. There is a pathway on the eastern side of the mountain that will take you to it. If you get to the mountaintop campsite with allof the scaffolding, you've gone to far.

Other locations:

One tomb inside the canyon.
One tomb next to a inquisition campsite in the middle of the map.
One near the colossus statue to the far north.

The dwarf temple you are trying to get to is in the lower southeast corner of the desert (you'll run into wyverns there) The center is guarded by a sleeping dragon but you can skirt around to the left to the second temp section to get to the door without awaking her.

Chris R

So what exactly does power do? And I'm guessing the requisitions are just for power as I've seen repeated quests for items now?

So what exactly does power do? And I'm guessing the requisitions are just for power as I've seen repeated quests for items now?

Power is used exclusively to open up new story mission or new areas. You'll have more than you ever need by even casually playing through the game.

Requisitions are repeatable quests that grant power. There's one per region, from what I've seen. They each cycle through a half-dozen or so different 'missions,' which generally involve collecting X amount of two or so items that can be found in the zone. There's no reason to waste items or time completing them - you will find enough power through other means.

Chris R

Power is used exclusively to open up new story mission or new areas. You'll have more than you ever need by even casually playing through the game.

Requisitions are repeatable quests that grant power. There's one per region, from what I've seen. They each cycle through a half-dozen or so different 'missions,' which generally involve collecting X amount of two or so items that can be found in the zone. There's no reason to waste items or time completing them - you will find enough power through other means.

That's what I thought. Just did two in the hinterlands, accepted another and had enough items to turn it in and accepted one more to see it was just a repeat from the first set of quests, so I'm done with them for now.

I just finished the Orlesian court mission and I have never been so confused. The whole mission was explained poorly, and I had no idea what was going on. Plus the map was confusing and I felt like I was just randomly running around. Anyone else find that mission to be frustrating?

I just finished the Orlesian court mission and I have never been so confused. The whole mission was explained poorly, and I had no idea what was going on. Plus the map was confusing and I felt like I was just randomly running around. Anyone else find that mission to be frustrating?

Not to mention making you randomly re-equip weapons and armor? and the completely ridiculous collect-a-thons?

Chitown B

I created a dagger and it shows up under Modify Weapons - but when I go to equip, it's not there. What gives?

edit: I figured it out - I'd accidentally sent it to Valuables.

Another question - I created a tier 2 grip for daggers and I'm trying to add it to a Tier 2 dagger I created. I won't show up. Any ideas?

Sakura

I wouldn't say it was frustrating. Re-equipping armour and shit was annoying though. Also it didn't really seem like court approval mattered at all as long as you keep it above zero, but I'm not even sure how someone would get it to zero unless it was on purpose.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm going to have to take some time off from this one. On second playthrough, the little annoyances start to add up quickly. Still, it's been a long while since I immediately started a second playthrough on any game, much less a 100+ hour RPG. Despite its flaws, the game definitely deserved the praise it got. Despite what my brethren in the hardcore RPG camp say.

Anyone else feel like despite the game telling you you'll have a harder time at the Winter Palace as a non-human, you really don't have a harder time at all?

Along with the game giving you masks to the masquerade that don't even show up when you equip them because helmets are hidden in the area, the whole quest seems kind of half-assed. Kind of like when you get equipped with a hood during Iron Bull's "meet the troops" cutscene that doesn't even show up in the cutscenes because, again, helmets are hidden. Makes you wonder how the troops don't instantly recognize you. Maybe it's like Undercover Boss where they recognize you but they're too embarrassed to point out your awful disguise.

The game's full of weird half-finished notions like this. You can really tell the game was once so much more ambitious than it was on release.

Edit: Also the weird magic barriers that day they can only be broken with a certain element but can actually be broken with all magic. So many things cut in this game without anyone telling the people who scripted the cutscenes or wrote the tutorial messages.

Asbear

Banned
I reached
Skyhold
yesterday. Daaamn. I was already enjoying it, but I feel like the real game starts now.
I felt like that too but honestly it never really picked up again. It's definitely not like in DA:O after beating the battle at Ostegar and the fall of Lothering, and having to actually start exploring the world.

Chitown B

keep in mind that all pausing still keeps your game time clock running. You probably don't have 100 hours really.

Ralemont

not me
The game's full of weird half-finished notions like this. You can really tell the game was once so much more ambitious than it was on release.

Not only more ambitious but I think the main story was longer. BioWare once said that the game has 3 unique endings, but it doesn't currently. Combined with the revelations post-credits and I think what was originally intended to be the last 2-3 missions were cut due to time and are being developed as DLC.

Personally I'm cool with this if true. Cut content happens as we all know, and the vanilla game has more than given me my money's worth. Once all the story DLC is released I think the game will have a much better story: exploration balance.

Not only more ambitious but I think the main story was longer. BioWare once said that the game has 3 unique endings, but it doesn't currently. Combined with the revelations post-credits and I think what was originally intended to be the last 2-3 missions were cut due to time and are being developed as DLC.

That is obviously a cliffhanger, not a harbinger of cut content.

Ralemont

not me
That is obviously a cliffhanger, not a harbinger of cut content.

All right. So where are the three completely unique endings? (not the Spoiler section so we can't really go into this. Also I am not saying it definitely is the case, hence my framing it as speculation).

All right. So where are the three completely unique endings? (not the Spoiler section so we can't really go into this. Also I am not saying it definitely is the case, hence my framing it as speculation).

I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm sure tons of stuff got cut, either intentionally or unintentionally. I'm saying that the ending is transparently a lead-in to DA4 (since no expansion has been confirmed).

Anyone else feel like despite the game telling you you'll have a harder time at the Winter Palace as a non-human, you really don't have a harder time at all?

Along with the game giving you masks to the masquerade that don't even show up when you equip them because helmets are hidden in the area, the whole quest seems kind of half-assed. Kind of like when you get equipped with a hood during Iron Bull's "meet the troops" cutscene that doesn't even show up in the cutscenes because, again, helmets are hidden. Makes you wonder how the troops don't instantly recognize you. Maybe it's like Undercover Boss where they recognize you but they're too embarrassed to point out your awful disguise.

Edit: Also the weird magic barriers that day they can only be broken with a certain element but can actually be broken with all magic. So many things cut in this game without anyone telling the people who scripted the cutscenes or wrote the tutorial messages.
As a Qunari Inquisitor I completely missed that everyone was supposed to wear masks. He was rocking his vitaar, instead... as always.

And yeah, the game really is filled with half-hearted attempts at... almost everything. It's a real bummer.

I'm curious what their "content updates" will amount to. If the first patch is anything to go by, it feels like they've already backed away from doing anything with the multiplayer... and I doubt miniscule additions to the singleplayer will positively improve the campaign.

Just found out this game is on PS3 the other day and I got really excited. Thought it was only next gen... But I'm wondering how well it plays. Does anyone own the PS3 version and can tell me how it runs? I'd really appreciate it!

I can't seem to find the Heir, so i can complete my assassin specialization. All 3 of the specialization people have disappeared from the skyhold. Any ideas where i can find them.

Varna

Finally tried Knight Enchanter on nightmare.

Even when the rest of my party died during some of the fade rifts I was able to finish them by myself. Barrier spamming is pretty ridiculous. The class just isn't very fun to play though. I don't get the sense that there is much of a concept behind it other than Fighter mage. Spamming spirit blade and fade cloak gets old pretty fast. I also ended up going down the fire tree and got fire mine and that other skill that pumped up fire attacks with barrier. Some nice numbers there but it didn't do much for the overall variety of the class. If they really wanted to make a mage tank they should definitely have had aggro building moves. Feels like a class made exclusively to cheese longer encounters.

I wonder if they ever plan to fix Tempest Focus bug or do anything about Champion. Even the AI is good enough to cheese the shit out of the champion class.

Assassin been my favorite route to go so far. Just love having control over the battlefield.

Chitown B

I can't seem to find the Heir, so i can complete my assassin specialization. All 3 of the specialization people have disappeared from the skyhold. Any ideas where i can find them.

did you already completed a specialization? Because if so, you can't do another and they all leave.

Top Bottom