• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

rSpooky

Thread's so big.. search came up with nothing I am stuck with
"entering jarvia's hideout".
I hope it is not a matter of a bugged quest, but nothing seems to work.
I stare at walls all day but no one comes out.
Am I doing it wrong? Please help.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
rSpooky said:
Thread's so big.. search came up with nothing I am stuck with
"entering jarvia's hideout".
I hope it is not a matter of a bugged quest, but nothing seems to work.
I stare at walls all day but no one comes out.
Am I doing it wrong? Please help.

Talk to all the beggers and the shop keeper (the begger by the camp fire says something about a finger bone coin) then go to the empy house and there will be guys there for you to kill

Wiggum2007

Will I get any cooler mage outfits as the game goes on besides the default robes in several slightly different color schemes?

Jayge

Wiggum2007 said:
Will I get any cooler mage outfits as the game goes on besides the default robes in several slightly different color schemes?
The Tevinter Mages Robes that you can buy from the store in Denerim look pretty sweet.

Prine

Banned
KOTOR is my favourite game of all time, and MAss Effect is my favourite game this gen. Will i like Dragon Age?

I will buy this tomorow if its anywhere near those 2. Also, how is the story?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Woot! I just beat (Morrigan Story Spoiler)
Flemmeth in her dragon from. It really wasn't all that difficult once I got the positioning right. Then again I have leveled up a good amount since I last tried her. Now I have Morrigan back in her revealing garb.

hermit7

Y2Kev said:
HOLY SHIT the dungeon before the
urn of ashes
IS LIKE EIGHTY HOURS LONG

Pretty huge I agree took me about 2 hours to get too it,
then I got to the mountaintop and faced the high dragon, and I was spectacular, then 30 more minutes til I finally got the ashes. Hopefully the others are equally epic

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Prine said:
KOTOR is my favourite game of all time, and MAss Effect is my favourite game this gen. Will i like Dragon Age?

I will buy this tomorow if its anywhere near those 2. Also, how is the story?

I think you will like this quite a lot

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
8wgtcn.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

Just kinda started playing the PC ver I fucking LOVE this game :lol

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
rainking187 said:
Just finished my first playthrough, ended up being 35 hours.

That means that you skipped a ton of shit right? lol My cousin is 48 hours in and doesn't expect to be done for a while.

It's generally accepted that any investment in archery is a waste, correct?

Also, this game is dense. I expect that the entire package will last me awhile. Presentation is top-notch stuff.

Slayer-33 said:
That means that you skipped a ton of shit right? lol My cousin is 48 hours in and doesn't expect to be done for a while.
Nah. I finished the game at around 40% and I did about as much as I could. Except the character interactions, I ignored a few of them.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
U K Narayan said:

Also, this game is dense. I expect that the entire package will last me awhile. Presentation is top-notch stuff.

I'm still trying to deal with a few gameplay quirks of the teammate NPC kind but other than that the game is fucking excellent, shit is getting started now for me since the game starts a tad bit slow for the first hour I guess, but this is starting to get awesome now. Pace is picking up big time.

Slayer-33 said:

Didn't seem like it, I did a lot of the quests, and had the world about 75% explored, not sure what my actual percentage complete was. Probably start a new playthrough tomorrow though.

Swag

Anyone know where I can buy the manual to become a Spirit Healer, and also any shop that sells Lirium / Health potrices on the cheap? Prepping for an epic
Dragon
battle.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Himuro said:
I'm really having trouble with this group of Mubari in Red Cliffe castle. I've tried everything: traps, luring and baiting, poisons, switching Alistair to 1h for stuff like Mighty Blow, and what gets me EVERY TIME is this crazy move called overwhelm where the dog lunges at the target, incapacitates them for a given period while biting their body for big damage.

AFAIK, the only way to get them off early is getting a critical hit on them.

Anyone know if I can safely sell items like silver bar or gemstones? My inventory is full of them and Im not sure if I should hold onto them or sell them.

teiresias

Does anyone have any idea how the PC version would run on a late 2007 24" iMac under Bootcamp? Trying to decide whether to go that route or the PS3.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
I just finished Orzammar
and I just chose Harrowmont as king of the Dwarves, and Bhelen tried to attempt a coupe, my character finished off the dwarven prince by chopping his head off
it was pretty bad ass I must say :lol

_tetsuo_ said:
I dont know how yall are getting through this in 35 hours
Not reading all the codex entries several times through and not talking to all the party members all the time. Maybe also lower difficulty.

Edit
DevelopmentArrested said:
Why does the Dwarf main town have 10x as much detail and thought put into it as the others?
Bioware decided to flesh out the dwarfs a lot more than anyone else for some reason. I guess also because a lot of the explanations are covered during gameplay unlike the aspects of the human culture which are mainly covered by the codex. Really all in all the dwarven part of the game seems to be the best for some reason.

Honestly to me it feels like this game is just an introduction really. If there is any good in the world, there would be at least one sequel, two if bioware feels generous.

Morrigan just became an arcane warrior and is now wearing better armor than Alistair can use, does more damage in H2H and still levels the room with AoEs and status effects, plus throws out heals. My main character has been relegated to supplementary DPS while I fiddle with all of Morrigan's buttons.

Makes me want to reroll and play a mage instead of a warrior.

RPGCrazied

wow..

30hour boss fight

brood mother is kickin my ass, i get her halfway.. but she summons all sorts of darkspawn, nasty fight

Himuro said:
How do you change your party member's classes?

You have to find the tomes around the world. Some can be purchased, others found, others from conversations. eg Duelist I found by talking to a girl in a tavern, the sorceress healing can be bought in Denerim, and I got the arcane warrior tome in the mage tower I think, and its been a long time before I finally got a point to spend on specialization (lvl 14 with Morrigan was the first point.)

After that its just a matter of leveling up in the skill tree.

GSG Flash

Himuro said:
I'm really having trouble with this group of Mubari in Red Cliffe castle. I've tried everything: traps, luring and baiting, poisons, switching Alistair to 1h for stuff like Mighty Blow, and what gets me EVERY TIME is this crazy move called overwhelm where the dog lunges at the target, incapacitates them for a given period while biting their body for big damage.

Is this when you visit the castle for the first time? What I did was I told my party to stay in one place before that room full of dogs, then I went in myself and lured them out one by one (well actually like 3 of them came at a time, but still much more manageable than going against all of them)

Those spiders and their overwhelm + webs in the deep roads in Orzammar were a bitch.

Visceir

U K Narayan said:

I went with elven archer/ranger as my main. I don't have anything to compare it against but I'm satisfied with her.

Using Shot Of Fatality on a frozen enemy is pretty much an insta-kill and the spider I got from ranger spec is really useful.

GSG Flash

Himuro said:
I was unable to lure them one by one. How'd you do it? I was in stealth mode, made traps, and tried to lure, and it didn't work.

Well one by one might be a little hard to do, but if you walk in the room just enough for them to see you and start chasing you and then run out quickly, there should be only about 2 or 3 of them that are chasing you out, you should be able to handle that pretty easily.

GSG Flash

Himuro said:
I did that very thing and they all chased me. Huh.

Odd, I did exactly that and only 3 of them chased after me, try running a farther distance because sometimes enemies actually give up on the chase :lol

Pyke Presco said:
Morrigan just became an arcane warrior and is now wearing better armor than Alistair can use, does more damage in H2H and still levels the room with AoEs and status effects, plus throws out heals. My main character has been relegated to supplementary DPS while I fiddle with all of Morrigan's buttons.

Makes me want to reroll and play a mage instead of a warrior.

Wow, that sounds impressive, i should check this out.

Also, can party members be involved in romances with each other? I would love to see Morrigan and Allister go at it.

Also, i take back all the bad things i may have said about this game.

After you get over the hump that is the wilds(hideous place, i kept on thinking it was my weak computer, but even on max it looks like shit) this game is pretty awesome. I love massive dialogue trees.

Shame i have to overclock my laptop to get anything decent. I wonder how many open places there are, because i hate these.My FR always dives.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Lost in Dreams
was really, really incredible. By far the best thing I've done in DA, it required strategy (constant shape shifting) and a lot of skill.

Fucking loved it.

Seiken said:
Lost in Dreams
was really, really incredible. By far the best thing I've done in DA, it required strategy (constant shape shifting) and a lot of skill.

Fucking loved it.

Good to see that i am not the only one coming around.

The only thing i hate is that i have to let my laptop cool every once in a while.

teiresias

Reposting, since it got lost at the bottom of the last page:

How do people think the PC version would run on a mid-2007 24" iMac?

2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB 667MHz DDR SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB of GDDR3 SDRAM

Deciding between bootcamping it on the imac or just going the PS3 route.

Anyone know how to expand Morrigan's dialogue tree? I have the dialogue where I ask her why she is still with the party. Any answer I give her will cause -10 pts(that or she leaves :lol). I've done 1/2 of Denerim and just started the Brecilian Forest. Do I just have to keep playing till I hit a certain plot point? Or do I have to take the -10 in order to open up her dialogue?

Minsc

Gold Member
teiresias said:
Reposting, since it got lost at the bottom of the last page:

How do people think the PC version would run on a mid-2007 24" iMac?

2.4GHz Core 2 Duo
4GB 667MHz DDR SDRAM
ATI Radeon HD 2600 PRO with 256MB of GDDR3 SDRAM

Deciding between bootcamping it on the imac or just going the PS3 route.

You're below the required GPU, from the specs, so it'd be a bit rough. Probably need to set everything to low, and framerate wouldn't be terrific if I had to guess.

Top Bottom