• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

Zeliard

luxarific said:
Who does his voice? I liked Alistair's VA and of course Claudia Black is fantastic.

Simon Templeman, the guy who voices Kain in the Legacy of Kain/Soul Reaver series.

He's tremendous.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Lostconfused said:
You should be able to figure it out when you hear him. Its the
The leader of the Daelish elves, i forgot his name.

OOOOHH! And no! I didn't recognize him. I have to pay closer attention on my next playthrough. Janeway is so recognizable though - had no troubles with her.

luxarific said:
OOOOHH! And no! I didn't recognize him. I have to pay closer attention on my next playthrough. Janeway is so recognizable though - had no troubles with her.
I definitely thought it was him when I heard the character talking. I didn't even bother looking up the credits.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Blackace said:
I started Game Of Thrones for my 2nd time while i was waiting for my copy to show up. Really sets the mood... And I played the Dwarf noble which seems to be really taken from ASoIaF..

So far I have played the human noble and dwarf noble origin stories and yeah... there are definitely a lot of parallels with ASoIaF (not that I really mind it).

I gotta say, of the two I played I enjoyed the dwarf noble origin story more. The whole caste system is just fucked up and it was a ton of fun being a pompous asshole.

eznark

Banned
I haven't read the callinh, only stolen throne. Yeah, Loghain is super confusing.

I just love picking up the little things, like having background on Shale.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Zeliard said:
Loghain doesn't have nearly enough scenes in the game, at least so far, considering who is actually voicing him. :p

Who is it? Sounds like Kain.

edit: guess I was right lol

luxarific

Nork unification denier
HorribleJames said:
since we're talking VO's, the voice of leliana is awesome. I could listen to her speak all day. I love how she talks.

Yeah, but what is her accent? French? English? Frenglish? Can't pin her down.

HorribleJames said:
since we're talking VO's, the voice of leliana is awesome. I could listen to her speak all day. I love how she talks.
I triggered a pretty cool scene in camp earlier where she sings a pretty beautiful song. However, the animation was horrid, so I just kinda chose to avert my eyes whenever it showed her lip-synching. :lol

TheFallen

luxarific said:
No trouble? :lol Yet you guessed wrong, Janeway does Flemeth.

Dunlop

Wow, wicked game. Brings back memories. Graphics are teh suck though

Started as a dwarf noble warrior, great story so far for the hour or so I played.

I have a noob question...how do I give my party members potions? It only seems to let me put on my characters action bar and I don't seem to have the option to choose another player when I select it

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Fredescu said:
Has anyone tried Gaxkang the Unbound? He's a tough cookie. Much harder than the dragons.

Where does he appear? I don't think I have ever heard of him before.

Dunlop said:

Started as a dwarf noble warrior, great story so far for the hour or so I played.

I have a noob question...how do I give my party members potions? It only seems to let me put on my characters action bar and I don't seem to have the option to choose another player when I select it

PC?

Fredescu

Zefah said:
Where does he appear? I don't think I have ever heard of him before.
He's the end result of the Unbound quest. I don't remember how it started, but he's in a little hut in a back alley in Denerim. He's a caster with a crap load of HP and drain life spells and such. The close quarters make it very tough. It might have been easier if I took Alistair down the Templar road.

rass

Dunlop said:

the only way i figured it out was to put the health poultices in each character's individual action bar (pc version), though I just got Wynne and I don't think I'll be needing too many potions any more :)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Dunlop said:
yeah, sorry

Just select each character individually and drag and drop the potions to their action bar. You need to do it for each character as their action bars are different.

Ruzai

belvedere said:
So is there a best way to level aside from aimlessly wandering around the world map?

If you're desperate for some XP, you can essentially buy it once you fulfill some of the treaties. Activate the supply crates in camp and it will let you donate whatever the faction representative is looking for. Elves seem the easiest since they'll take elfroot and the Dalish camp seels unlimited amounts of it.

By the way, does anyone know if any of the codex carries over between playthroughs? I can't imagine I'll be able to fill it in completely, and I'd kind of like to be able to read through all of it at some point.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just hit "Denerim' so many quests so awesome, it reminds me of BG 2. Disappointed in the 'action' you can get from the brothel though.:lol
Also about the 'urn' quest, did anyone go to the inn? if so what happened?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Ruzai said:
If you're desperate for some XP, you can essentially buy it once you fulfill some of the treaties. Activate the supply crates in camp and it will let you donate whatever the faction representative is looking for. Elves seem the easiest since they'll take elfroot and the Dalish camp seels unlimited amounts of it.

By the way, does anyone know if any of the codex carries over between playthroughs? I can't imagine I'll be able to fill it in completely, and I'd kind of like to be able to read through all of it at some point.

I just started up my second character and... it doesn't, which was kind of disappointing. I had hoped that the codex entries would be bound to my character profile like achievements and not the character save.

Dunlop

Zefah said:
Just select each character individually and drag and drop the potions to their action bar. You need to do it for each character as their action bars are different.

I did, they just wouldnt go. I'll give it a go tomorrow, thx

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Dunlop said:

The drag & drop positioning seems to be a little more strict in this game than most other RPGs / MMORPGs. You have to be pretty accurate, but the box on the action bar should light up when you drag the hotkey in the right position.

Dunlop said:
I had that happen once but I tried again and it worked. Alternatively if you select a character, go into inventory, go to a potion and use the Action Fun Wheel there's an icon for "Use" on the Action Fun Wheel that will use the potion on that character.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Of All Trades said:
I had that happen once but I tried again and it worked. Alternatively if you select a character, go into inventory, go to a potion and use the Action Fun Wheel there's an icon for "Use" on the Action Fun Wheel that will use the potion on that character.

Alternatively you can just double click the potion in the inventory screen and it will automatically "use" it.

Doytch

Well, they're trying! :lol
208.jpg

From a Morrigan face replacement mod.

Ploid 3.0

What's the purpose of selecting your whole party in the console version (L1+R1)? They don't all move together it seem. That would have been nice. Move selected people (2-4).

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure how the console versions control, but wouldn't that allow you to tell all of your party to attack a certain enemy at once?

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Ploid 3.0 said:
What's the purpose of selecting your whole party in the console version (L1+R1)? They don't all move together it seem. That would have been nice. Move selected people (2-4).

Focus fire, maybe?

And that Morrigan face mod is kind of disturbing. She looks like she is 12 and wouldnt match the voice at all.

edit: beaten.. was too distracted by Morrigans face i guess :lol

TheFallen

Ploid 3.0 said:
It makes them attack the same enemy at once. Though doing it will get them to ignore what they're currently doing (ie. Wynne stops healing to reposition). It's helpful to focus fire on say an Ogre or a boss rather than the adds, but I wouldn't recommend using it that much. It will over-complicate things.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
TheFallen said:
It makes them attack the same enemy at once. Though doing it will get them to ignore what they're currently doing (ie. Wynne stops healing to reposition). It's helpful to focus fire on say an Ogre or a boss rather than the adds, but I wouldn't recommend using it that much. It will over-complicate things.

In my first playthrough on the PC (normal difficulty) I turned off everyone's tactics and focus-fired most enemies in the game down. I doubt this play style would work well on the console versions, though.

Combine

Banned
I love and hate Morrigan's personality. Yes, her witty comebacks are to laugh. But some of her arguments make me wanna go "bitch we're already going that way anyway!" :lol

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Hmm, there's no way to make the dialogue choices appear sooner, is there? I got really used to the mass effect system, where you could listen to the dialogue while you read the choice tree. It feels kind of sluggish here, like it always appears after a wait. . If not, sounds like a cool mod to try.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
mattiewheels said:
Hmm, there's no way to make the dialogue choices appear sooner, is there? I got really used to the mass effect system, where you could listen to the dialogue while you read the choice tree. It feels kind of sluggish here, like it always appears after a wait. . If not, sounds like a cool mod to try.

The dialogue options always appear for me while the NPC is voicing the last part or last "line" of their dialogue. For example if you select a dialogue option that causes the NPC to speak 4 lines (4 different lines of subtitle text) the next set of dialogue options will appear at the beginning of the 4th line.

Actually come to think of it I think this only happens when I hit ESC to skip past the voiced part. The voice won't cut out during the last spoken part and instead the dialogue options will just appear.

Mindlog

Fredescu said:
He's the end result of the Unbound quest. I don't remember how it started, but he's in a little hut in a back alley in Denerim. He's a caster with a crap load of HP and drain life spells and such. The close quarters make it very tough. It might have been easier if I took Alistair down the Templar road.

He makes revenants look like elfroot.

but iirc he drops a pretty good arcane warrior sword

Fredescu

Mindlog said:
He makes revenants look like elfroot.

but iirc he drops a pretty good arcane warrior sword
Yeah, the Keening Blade. It's just a touch below the 1h Starfang. He had some nice mage gloves in a chest in his hut too.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder how long it will take for a ASoIaF conversion to get started (and likely never reach completion). With the upcoming HBO series there will be plenty of visual material to help with character and world design.

Combine said:
I love and hate Morrigan's personality. Yes, her witty comebacks are to laugh. But some of her arguments make me wanna go "bitch we're already going that way anyway!" :lol
Anytime you try to do anything she whines about it. What the fuck woman, excuse me for wanting some XP.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Zefah said:
I wonder how long it will take for a ASoIaF conversion to get started (and likely never reach completion). With the upcoming HBO series there will be plenty of visual material to help with character and world design.

Sean_Bean_Ned_Stark.jpg

Winter be all coming and shit

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Anyone know where you can buy a tome that can grant you a skill point? (if there is one).

Top Bottom