• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Origins |OT| Letting The Fade fade out of memory

daemonarch

Neo Member
i have a pc that has more that recomended specs...

but i normally prefer to play on my consoles cause i use the pc basicaly only for work, and its much more confortabe to stay on my sofa fore several hours than on my chais on the desk XD

LCfiner

bandresen said:

which video? the spider cave one? I honestly didn’t see a stuttering framerate in that one after the timestamp you mentioned.

I saw the “HD” version

daemonarch said:

but i normally prefer to play on my consoles cause i use the pc basicaly only for work, and its much more confortabe to stay on my sofa fore several hours than on my chais on the desk XD

make an exception in this case.

eznark

Banned
daemonarch said:

your decision is as poor as your spelling

FrankT

Jigsaw said:
the german gamepro even gave the ps3 version a lower score (87% for 360,86% for ps3) which they only do when a version sucks

not buying then,good work bioware

Yea, I didn't figure AlphaSnake was pulling our chains. Thought he had a dedicated site as well anyhow.

Ploid 3.0 said:
The media out for the ps3 version is very controlled though. Bioware knows they can't show off a section that will show framerate problems when trying to sell the game. This is why we need real impressions, and these people that played the ps3 version are reliable. They have nothing to gain from trying to mislead people. The PS3 version isn't perfect, news at 10. He didn't say it was unplayable though and if it's your only choice it's better than nothing.

Someday framerate problems will be a thing of the past, I wish. GT5/Saints Row3 better have a steady framerate!

Yea, we'll see if the US media actually points these differnces out or not.

Ploid 3.0

The media out for the ps3 version is very controlled though. Bioware knows they can't show off a section that will show framerate problems when trying to sell the game. This is why we need real impressions, and these people that played the ps3 version are reliable. They have nothing to gain from trying to mislead people. The PS3 version isn't perfect, news at 10. He didn't say it was unplayable though and if it's your only choice it's better than nothing.

Someday framerate problems will be a thing of the past, I wish. GT5/Saints Row3 better have a steady framerate!

daemonarch

Neo Member
eznark said:
your decision is as poor as your spelling
i bet you cant speak 4 languages... =P

btw i bet you cant write yours without misspeling =P

(english is my 3rd language and i try the best i can to make me undestand, but sory if tou cant undestand it)

eznark

Banned
daemonarch said:
i bet you cant speak 4 languages... =P

btw i bet you cant speak yours without misspeling =P

(english is my 3rd language and i try the best i can to make me undestand, but sory if tou cant undestand it)
I was just being snarky, I assumed you weren't a native English speaker.

You're still nuts for getting this game on a console if you have a PC that can run it.

Fredescu said:
I tell you what will be noticeable, the gulf between the PC version and either console version. I really don't understand not buying this for PC if you can run it. Couch/Big TV is no excuse as that can be easily rectified.

Using a mouse + keyboard on a couch/big TV doesn't seem like the most comfortable experience.

Owzers

Sad to hear that about the ps3 version, i'm much rather play it on ps3 than 360 but i guess the decision has been made for me.

Loudninja

Jigsaw said:
the german gamepro even gave the ps3 version a lower score (87% for 360,86% for ps3) which they only do when a version sucks

not buying then,good work bioware
That really dont tell us much at all, its too small of a difference.

LCfiner

sillymonkey321 said:
Sad to hear that about the ps3 version, i'm much rather play it on ps3 than 360 but i guess the decision has been made for me.

I really believe that if Sony and Bioware would come out and say that mods will be available for the PS3 version, some multiconsole owners might swing back to the PS3 version, despite technical issues.

but right now, there’s been nothing concrete said about it one way or another.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
LCfiner said:
I really believe that if Sony and Bioware would come out and say that mods will be available for the PS3 version, some multiconsole owners might swing back to the PS3 version, despite technical issues.

First and foremost, I wish EA makes Bioware do the right thing and release a framerate patch, like EA did with NFS: Undercover early in 2009 (it made the game very playable, and a lot of fun!) Framerate patches are very much legit...and if publishers are forcing games out early, they need to at least abide by their customers and release a proper patch.

Owzers

LCfiner said:

That's a big part of why i'd rather get it for ps3, i hate XBL and the small chance of more freedom for developers to put out free/reasonably priced dlc ( brutal legend maps being free for the first two weeks!) on ps3 makes me lean there. But it's also that 360 is crap hardware so i've been trying to buy more ps3 games, and my hard drive is only 20GB so i can only have one game downloaded at a time. It wont be so bad with Dragon Age but it keeps me away from juggling more than one multiplayer game.

Edit:

Do we know how long the Stone Prisoner dlc code will be included with new copies of the game?

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
LCfiner said:
which video? the spider cave one? I honestly didn’t see a stuttering framerate in that one after the timestamp you mentioned.

I saw the “HD” version
yeah sorry, I edited the link.

It's at 1:50 in the spider cave video. I don't know why you can't see it, but for me there is a very noticeable slow down when the green acid hits her at exactly that time. Maybe check the difference between 1:45-1:48 vs. 1:50-1:52 to put it into perspective?

Ploid 3.0

This mage gameplay is looking pretty neat. I'm not so informed in the fantasy class system outside of FF games (thief, warrior, red mage, etc.). Is thief in this game? I saw a video where a bard had a bow, is that this game's thief? Do bards in these games sing like final fantasy bards?

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Ploid 3.0 said:
This mage gameplay is looking pretty neat. I'm not so informed in the fantasy class system outside of FF games (thief, warrior, red mage, etc.). Is thief in this game? I saw a video where a bard had a bow, is that this game's thief? Do bards in these games sing like final fantasy bards?

There's rogue's. Sneak around, find and disable trap's, unlock chest etc.

LCfiner

bandresen said:
yeah sorry, I edited the link.

It's at 1:50 in the spider cave video. I don't know why you can't see it, but for me there is a very noticeable slow down when the green acid hits her at exactly that time. Maybe check the difference between 1:45-1:48 vs. 1:50-1:52 to put it into perspective?

I just can’t see it at that time stamp. that’s when they’re fighting that large beast before heeding to the mirror. there’s a puff of poison at 1:50 but it still looks the same to me. animation is a little jerky but that’s the same across all versions.

I do see some slowdown around 1:30 when they activate some poison traps and the framerate stutters for a couple seconds as multiple traps go off.

the thing is, the slowdown alphasnake is talking about is way more severe than that video.

Tobor

LCfiner said:

I'm getting the 360 version for the obvious reasons in this thread, but confirmation of mods on PS3 and I'll probably double dip.

LCfiner

Tobor said:
I'm getting the 360 version for the obvious reasons in this thread, but confirmation of mods on PS3 and I'll probably double dip.

I’m worried my double dip, if it happens, will involve a 27” core i5 iMac, a copy of Windows 7 and a collector’s edition PC version.

:lol

JayDubya

Banned
Ploid 3.0 said:

There are three main classes (Warrior, Mage, Rogue) and each one has four specializations.

Most characters can wield most items, in theory. In practice, items have statistical requirements and certain classes' unique optional talents help some classes make better use of the same gear. Warriors have talents that reduce the burden of heavy armor, for example.

Fighters and Rogues do have vastly different styles in general, but they have access to the same combat talent trees. So either can be good with a bow, if that's what you want.

Bards do have song talents.

Tobor

LCfiner said:
I’m worried my double dip, if it happens, will involve a 27” core i5 iMac, a copy of Windows 7 and a collector’s edition PC version.

That's a dip that's probably coming at some point for me as well, like if I get a bonus in the Spring. :D

GreekWolf said:
Wow... the stream chat is horrific, but that was a great moment just now. The sorceress just joined the party, and all the prepubes were howling for the streamer to strip her naked.

Random Guy 1: Take off her shirt!!
Random Guy 2: Backdoor dat ass!
Random Guy 3: DUDE! Take it all off!

***Sorceress transforms into a Giant Tarantula***

Room is silent...

Random Guy 1: Well... I don't want to have sex with her anymore.

LCfiner

Tobor said:
That's a dip that's probably coming at some point for me as well, like if I get a bonus in the Spring. :D

I’ll see you in the inevitable OT New Apple Hardware thread, then :lol

so, concerning DA, has anyone had the thought of starting several different character origin stories at the beginning? play a couple hours each as a dwarf and an elf, human, etc… and then pick the one that seems most appealing to play for the rest of the game?

Or am I nuts in wanting to try this? It basically means a minimum of 8 or more hours of playtime before progressing anywhere beyond the initial starting areas

Jayge

I think that mage chick has been playing for like half the time (maybe 2/3) that the human noble warrior was and she's not that far behind him at all.

On a side note, I somehow got made into a mod in a dude's channel when he streamed MW2 earlier today :lol

Ploid 3.0

About the PS3 version and the possibility of a Bioware select mod selection. Seeing that the game run the way that it does, I figure this mod support has no chance at being a possibility. They're better off sticking to dlc and trying to fix the game if they have the option post launch. Also it's EA, not Epic, money would be involved and I doubt they'd make a deal to give the creators a piece of the profits. That's too much legal stuff.

bathala

Banned
IMG_0304.jpg

Jayge

Available: November 3rd, 2009
This game will unlock in approximately 2 days and 17 hours

I don't understand why this can't just be fucking street dated online. Is that really so hard? Seriously?

Minsc

Gold Member
bathala said:
for 360 users, there's a free downloadable object already.

I wonder if there's DLC for getting the game playing before it's released?

Didn't think of everything now did you Bioware?!

bengraven

Zeliard said:

Although, 360 version. That makes it easier to accept.

When I noticed that, I wanted to edit my post to "Poor you".

JayDubya said:
For fuck's sake, why can't Amazon release this so it gets here on Tuesday, like with book purchases.

>_>

Should have got release day shipping my friend. I had to pay 5 extra bucks, but it...hypothetically...will be here Tuesday.

mjc

Would it be safe to assume that some Gamestops will have a few extra CEs for sale outside of reservation? I have the regular edition reserved but if the have extra CEs I'd upgrade most likely.

bengraven

mjc said:
Would it be safe to assume that some Gamestops will have a few extra CEs for sale outside of reservation? I have the regular edition reserved but if the have extra CEs I'd upgrade most likely.

"Safe"? No.

"Possible"? Anything is possible.

Just not fucking likely.

Top Bottom