• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rutger

Banned
Yeah, that description was pretty off.
She does feel a bit more Dragon Quest than Dragon Ball though, I'd love it if Super got some more Dragon Questy looking characters.

Having more characters that look like they could be in a Dragon Quest game would never be a bad thing.

Android 21 looks cool, and should give the devs a lot of freedom with her moveset and the game's story.

Wait, is there more panels other than the one of all the GoDs coming at him?
If he's able to fight all the other GoDs at once that's fucking stupid, he's not supposed to be the strongest one.

According to who? It's largely implied Beerus is clearly at the top, or near the strongest among the gods of destruction. Also, Toriyama entrusted Toyotaro with the Dragon Ball Super story I recall, so I tend to place more weight in what he does.

According to who? It's largely implied Beerus is clearly at the top, or near the strongest among the gods of destruction. Also, Toriyama entrusted Toyotaro with the Dragon Ball Super story I recall, so I tend to place more weight in what he does.

No, they've mentioned before that Beerus is not the strongest. Toriyama hasn't given Toyo more power than Toei either.

caliph95

When was that implied

NeonZ

No, they've mentioned before that Beerus is not the strongest.

Do you mean Whis quote from the anime? Beerus does say that it was just arm wrestling, seemingly as a way to dismiss it. Alternatively, if you're talking about the original quote that introduced the other universes way back in BoGs, he basically just said a very non-committal "in those universes there might be warriors even stronger than us".

Regarding the leaked images, he's mostly dodging and uses Champa as a distraction to make the other GoDs get in the way of his attack, so it's not clear he'll actually outpower them all.

Slaythe

A friend of mine is giving away a japanese beta key for DBZ.

Anyone interested ? I might push things your way.

edit :

Guess nobody was, never mind then.

I don't remember the Manga ever implying there was a GoD stronger than Beerus,
though I frequently get it mixed up with the anime sometimes

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
I partially disagree about Goku's stupidity in Super. Granted it's a little bit out of character but it feels like Toei Animation are trying to harken back to how he was in the original Dragon Ball.

I don't know about that, Goku was naive, but was constantly getting mad about villains attacking defenseless towns and people, and he was very concerned with protecting his friends. Think about Upa and Bora, two strangers who he vowed to support by finding the dragonballs.

Super Goku just put his entire universe existence on the line as a wager to find fights that interest him.

Do you mean Whis quote from the anime? Beerus does say that it was just arm wrestling, seemingly as a way to dismiss it. Alternatively, if you're talking about the original quote that introduced the other universes way back in BoGs, he basically just said a very non-committal "in those universes there might be warriors even stronger than us".

Regarding the leaked images, he's mostly dodging and uses Champa as a distraction to make the other GoDs get in the way of his attack, so it's not clear he'll actually outpower them all.

why are they fighting?

Kevinroc

I don't know about that, Goku was naive, but was constantly getting mad about villains attacking defenseless towns and people, and he was very concerned with protecting his friends. Think about Upa and Bora, two strangers who he vowed to support by finding the dragonballs.

Super Goku just put his entire universe existence on the line as a wager to find fights that interest him.

DBS Goku didn't know about universes being erased until after he asked the Zenos about the tournament. And when he found out about universes being erased, he wanted to ask the Zenos not to do that until Beerus shot him down.

You may say he's being far too cavalier with everything, and I certainly wouldn't argue that. I suspect he's already planning on using the Super Dragon Balls to find some way to bring everybody back. But I wouldn't say that he doesn't care. He wouldn't have gone to Freeza in desperation if he didn't.

So it looks like
Beerus doesn't overpower the other GoDs, he's just able to dodge them, overall it doesn't seem to paint any of the GoDs as massively stronger than each other. Also this is the replacement for the exhibition, it's even the exact same location as in the anime.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
So it looks like
Beerus doesn't overpower the other GoDs, he's just able to dodge them, overall it doesn't seem to paint any of the GoDs as stronger than each other. Also this is the replacement for the exhibition, it's even the exact same location as in the anime.
Sigh.

caliph95

Yeah I really don't care for it, this At least from the leaks feels like fanfiction from a Beerus fanboy

Considering anime is the U7 show (because they are the protagonist obviously) this is even worse

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah I really don't care for it, this At least from the leaks feels like fanfiction from a Beerus fanboy

Considering anime is the U7 show (because they are the protagonist obviously) this is even worse
Specifically he seems to to promoting the ones he designed.

Beerus being really strong comparatively gives some more context to him telling Geets he could be a GoD of another universe, he and Goku might already be almost as strong as some of the other GoDs. It moves the marker for mortals being stronger than any one GoD, say even if Jiren is stronger than Vermoud, it doesn't mean he can take Beerus. Beerus gets to keep his top dog(cat) status among Goku and Geets and they get to hype someone up for being stronger than a GoD.

Of course none of this matters depending on how the fight actually goes, apparently he's just dodging the others from what's been seen so far.

So I guess this month's page in V-Jump for the upcoming special once again says that
something terrible is going to happen.
When was the last time they mentioned that? I feel like the last time they said that was when the first teaser image of Goku's new form came out months ago.

Ingeniero

I wonder if Geets will use his new powerup to break out of the Mafuba...
That would be a nice way to show off his new power I guess... I hope the writers execute this well.

Animation quality of the first few movies was simply just not matched anywhere else in the series.

Not just animation, but fight choreography as well. Everything about that sequence is silky smooth and beautiful.

tumblr_nczu4anUyo1r72ht7o1_500.gif

im playing xenorse 2 and its pretty bad. all the charcters feel exactly the same

Nonsense, some characters might fight at similar speeds, but most of them have completely different ways to connect supers/ults. None of the buus fight anything like goku for instance and none of the CaC fight similarly either, even between genders.

I am still not convinced by the elimination count done here and in other places. I still insist Master Roshi has 4 eliminations and one assist and Tenshinhan has 2 eliminations.Same for other fighters, if we redo calculations. It is the last blow that counts. Exactly like in for example football games: a skilled player can build up the whole attack, make the decisive pass to another player who scores the goal. Only the player who scored the goal is the one counted and displayed as the one who did it (and of course gets the money for it if it is a big competetion) even if it was by mistake or even if the defender of the other team scores it against his own camp, he gets his name on screen as the one who scored the gioal.
Same for online game like FPS. You can particpiate in dozens of assits in killing, it only counts as kill is when you are the one who kills the opposing player. You can keep having assists all the time, helping all the others getting easy kills but you will stay on bottom of leaderboards, but if you hit the last blow you get it counted as kill and your score levels up quickly.
Sorry, but this is how it goes and more logical.

Ingeniero

Where did it say he was getting a new form?
Something, something...
ROSAT TRAINING my man, it's happening.
Also spoilers confirmed U7 is safe until the special so its very likely that he breaks out somehow.... and that's the perfect opportunity to make an impact and introduce some sick powerup or form.

By the way, like I told you before, the SSB form for Goku is really useless and this is confirmed in Dragon Ball FighterZ from his levels especially his energy level.

CryptiK

Something, something...
Also spoilers confirmed U7 is safe until the special so its very likely that he breaks out somehow.... and that's the perfect opportunity to make an impact and introduce some sick powerup or form.
Well you are in for one major disappointment Its Goku month if hes getting a new form it aint til after October.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Something, something...
And Tenshinhan was supposed to confront the hidden fighters... Mhmm.

You mean Kale?
Caulifla has never had a elimination flag yet, the only thing to ever suggest she might get knocked out was the 2 second of NEP where she was tanking a hit. Unlike Vegeta she hasn't had an episode dedicated to her yet either.

Vegeta has been buying all the fucking elimination flags, last episode he pretty much bought the whole store selling them.
Nah Kale still had to show her new form. Caulifla was one of the focus in the previous episode and from the looks of the NEP she was struggling while Kale was crying and stuff. Would have been the perfect opportunity to knock her out and make it meaningful for Kale to use her other form imo
Rental DVD cover preview for 88-90:
img_20170916_0534183rskp.jpg
Awesome!
We get Yamcha but no 17... Lmao.
More like three Androids are in the game but none of them is 17 :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom