• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time.

DJ13YBvVwAECsCA.jpg

THE HERO APPEARS!

More images of tonight's episode.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Finally caught up with this.

This arc is awesome. The animation is so good. 17 had the best fights so far IMO (just like he did in Z)

Was not expecting SSG to show up in the anime.

This arc is just an excuse to throw in a ton of powerful fighters with unique abilities and show them off one after the other. It's shallow.... but I love it.

NeonZ

More leaked images. Sidra stops Beerus' blast with a barrier, but then gets surprise attacked by Bermont who starts talking about how Beerus isn't the only enemy.

The rat GoD seems to be excited about the tournament, unlike Beerus and the others, but I don't think they've revealed yet all the stuff about deleting universes, or at least those pages haven't leaked yet.

Real Hero

Finally caught up with this.

This arc is awesome. The animation is so good. 17 had the best fights so far IMO (just like he did in Z)

Was not expecting SSG to show up in the anime.

This arc is just an excuse to throw in a ton of powerful fighters with unique abilities and show them off one after the other. It's shallow.... but I love it.

I wouldn't call the roshi ep shallow, that a lot of of heart in it at least

Ashodin

So I guess this month's page in V-Jump for the upcoming special once again says that
something terrible is going to happen.
When was the last time they mentioned that? I feel like the last time they said that was when the first teaser image of Goku's new form came out months ago.
Goku, don't let your guard down!

I know.

dci260

Of course they go with Tien's garbage-ass Super outfit... Gotta remind us of the absolute joke he has become, huh?

Also, I'm certainly more intrigued with the storymode now that there is a new character. (Created by Toriyama, no less!)This makes me wonder if he will have some involvement with the actual storyline, similar to DBO...?

TreIII

It's that an ArcSys kinda thing? That cat dude went unplayable for years and years.

It depends on how she's being promoted. If she's basically the game's other MC besides 16, the likelihood of her being playable is high.

If, on the other hand, she's more like this game's Kokonoe, then she could be held back for awhile. But probably not nearly as long as Jubei.

caliph95

It depends on how she's being promoted. If she's basically the game's other MC besides 16, the likelihood of her being playable is high.

If, on the other hand, she's more like this game's Kokonoe, then she could be held back for awhile. But probably not nearly as long as Jubei.
I do wonder if she will play similar to Kokonoe

Zalman

...What? He has had no "spotlight moments" in Super, at least in Z Tien got a few chances to shine.
Fucking Toriyama withholding handjobs...
I do think he was screwed over when other characters got buffs. There's no reason he shouldn't have been stronger since he's actually the one who still trains. But at least he fought Frieza's army, and at least he was in the tournament and got some knockouts. Not really night and day between that and Z, in my opinion.

I do think he was screwed over when other characters got buffs. There's no reason he shouldn't have been stronger since he's actually the one who still trains. But at least he fought Frieza's army, and at least he was in the tournament and got some knockouts. Not really night and day between that and Z, in my opinion.

Losing to nappa was cooler than anything he did in super.

TreIII

I do wonder if she will play similar to Kokonoe

It'd just be nice to get something different besides "beams, barriers and other Android tropes".

That's part of the reason I like Towa (and hope she's in, too). Being a demon meant she was already pretty unique, and then they made her moveset more magic based, to boot.

caliph95

It'd just be nice to get something different besides "beams, barriers and other Android tropes".

That's part of the reason I like Towa (and hope she's in, too). Being a demon meant she was already pretty unique, and then they made her moveset more magic based, to boot.
Since its the team behind Blazblue where characters for the most feel unique or at least visually from each other I do have hope for 21

dickroach

after this arc it'd be cool if they had B-stories where the lesser z-fighters (like Tien) have to deal with minor, but still super evil, villains while Goku & co. deal with the big guns

Skeeter49

after this arc it'd be cool if they had B-stories where the lesser z-fighters (like Tien) have to deal with minor, but still super evil, villains while Goku & co. deal with the big guns

Which is why it'd be neat if everyone from U7 went to a different universe.

Tien could be OP in Universe 4. Especially after he trains with Quintella.

Have them all take an interest in a universe, or have the next plot revolve around each one having to go to a different universe.

I still like the idea that the GP does it, and Goku has to visit each universe to save all his friends.

dickroach

is the manga ahead of the anime? (and if it is, how far ahead)
like, do people in this thread know what's going to happen from stuff other than online leaks?

NeonZ

is the manga ahead of the anime? (and if it is, how far ahead)
like, do people in this thread know what's going to happen from stuff other than online leaks?

Nah, the manga is just starting this arc. Still, in the exhibition matches (and they were very different from the anime ones).

NeonZ

oh wow. weird
so where the hell are the leaks coming from?

What leaks? There are official teasers for future episodes, like the promo with Goku's new transformation and text about something else happening around that point, alongside episode descriptions from magazines.

Real Hero

They gave it the old Super try
That really seemed like checking it off the list, compare the gohan vs universe 10 episode and the roshi one where they gave a bit of depth to those characters roles in the tournament. I'm not really sure they wanted to do anything with tien at all

caliph95

That really seemed like checking it off the list, compare the gohan vs universe 10 episode and the roshi one where they gave a bit of depth to those characters roles in the tournament. I'm not really sure they wanted to do anything with tien at all
Maybe they felt U7 was having too easy and Tien needs to justify his existence

Two birds

Kevinroc

Tenshinhan's best moment in Z was kikoho-ing Semi-Perfect Cell. Even TFS made that moment awesome. It didn't end up meaning anything, but damn, it was cool.

(There's also Tenshinhan's last minute appearance against Buu. Once again, it didn't end up meaning much, but it was cool.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom