• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Thanks!

I think fitting in Gogeta helped me out for Fierce Battle link with Dokkan SV friend so make sure you have them on FL.
Yeah, I'll definitely have to find a Dokkan'd Super Vegito or two.

I'm still considering maybe trying out a Super Gogeta team instead. I do have SSJ3 Vegeta (TEQ) and SSJ3 Gotenks (TEQ) that I could try Dokkan Awakning first, for more Fierce Battle links, but the event isn't around much longer. I know the SSJ3 event is here a week longer than Vegito and Gotenks, so I'm trying to focus on getting those done firs. However, if Dokkan Awakening SSJ3 Vegeta provides me with another FB link, I guess I could always do that. I also have Broly (STR), but he doesn't link well with Gogeta. :/

Maybe do:

Super Gogeta/Super Gogeta (STR)
Ultimate Gohan (AGL)
SSG Goku (AGL)
Vegito (AGL)
Whis (TEQ) (for lowering damage)
Pikkon (TEQ) (for lowering damage)

Oh well, I'll sleep on it. I just got back from a trip from out of city (for Christmas), so I'm pretty exhausted, haha.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
You're much better off with a mono team on pretty much everything going forward. Just keep the friend SV and Gohan next to each other since they have the fierce battle link

Fierce battle isn't that important of a link. Its more important to survive the prolonged fights since there are 3 of them. You should go for Fierce battle if you have double Gotenks who would kill off all of SV pretty fast excluding the INT Vegito.

Edit: Sorry forgot that SV has his ability to reduce damage unless the person has Fierce Battle. But counters goes through that and enough Supers will kill him regardless.

chrono01

You're much better off with a mono team on pretty much everything going forward. Just keep the friend SV and Gohan next to each other since they have the fierce battle link

Fierce battle isn't that important of a link. Its more important to survive the prolonged fights since there are 3 of them. You should go for Fierce battle if you have double Gotenks who would kill off all of SV pretty fast excluding the INT Vegito.

Edit: Sorry forgot that SV has his ability to reduce damage unless the person has Fierce Battle. But counters goes through that and enough Supers will kill him regardless.
Thanks guys, sounds like a plan. Thankfully I farmed a lot of Gohan medals back when the event was bugged, so I'm covered there. Be nice to Dokkan Awaken Ultimate Gohan without any extra farming.

I'm also trying to decide whether I should try Dokkan Awakening Gotenks first and then running a mono TEQ team for SV instead (I have a lot of useful TEQ characters with Fierce Battle, namely Gotenks/Cell/SSJ3, although I'd need to Dokkan Gotenks and SSJ3 Vegeta first). Maybe I should go SSJ3 Vegeta (Dokkan Awaken SSJ3 Vegeta) --> Gotenks (Doakkan Awaken SSJ3 Gotenks) --> Super Vegito (lead with SSJ3 Gotenks), although there's not much time left on Gotenks/Vegito's events...

Much to think about!

linkent

wish there are more friend slots.

4 Slots available, 1859187755

Do add me and if possible post reply, so i accept you guys :D
Will put SV lead for you Chrono.

Durden77

Dokkaned Gogeta, wooo! That was easy.

I now have...

Gogeta
Majin Vegeta
PHY Xeno Trunks.

Mext WT is going to be about as good as it gets for me. I just hope Xeno Trunks' strike comes back before hand so I won't feel stupid Dokkaning him. Already have got the medals.

Now to fight Vegito...

Edit : added you linkent. My IGN is Bawlsaq.

MANUELF

Banned
Dude you got this easy. Double Gogeta teams too risky imo vs SV. Too much on chance that he doesn't attack one of the Gogetas.

Mono AGL

Lead: SV undokkaned Keep next to Gotenks or Whis if possible.
SSJ3 Goku Heavy hitter, needs to be next to Gohan SSJ2 for max Ki
Gotenks shocking speed link and fused warrior
Gohan SSJ2 +2ki for friends
Whis for shocking speed, awaken him, he also heals for 1 time when you get low.
Either SSB Goku for damage or Golden Frieza for damage reduction. I'd take Golden Frieza personally since neither link well
Friend: SV Dokkan awakened.

Both SVs combined give you +5ki for AGL. Keep your friend SV always handy to attack since he will deal more damage and his counter and damage reduction is better. Your Gotenks should always be next to the friend SV. Use the first battle vs STR Goku and INT Vegeta to fix your positions. SSJ3 Goku and SSJ2 Gohan need to be next to each other. They get +7ki for their turns. They will be dealing the damage. Rotate your SV and Golden Frieza for their turn to block. Whis should try to stick with Friend SV for extra Ki but he is mainly gonna be shuffled around.

Its ok to separate some units if you really need to block. Just have items handy to recover.

Items: Senzu, Dende, Bulma/Android #8/Princess Snake and whatever you want that last one to be. Maybe Baba to avoid a lethal super.

I have no idea what half ot the characters you said are, cant even find a SSJ2 Gohan and Whiz is the green one right?

linkent

I have no idea what half ot the characters you said are, cant even find a SSJ2 Gohan and Whiz is the green one right?

pxu5m6K.jpg

Those.

You have the Blue AGL Whis, use him for the extra HP and passive heal. He is in your other picture with all the unawakened characters. SSJ2 Gohan is the orange suited one next to the TEQ Super Buu. Linkent already pointed it out so props to him.

Keep friend SV with SSJ3 Goku if you wanna get extra damage but there is a chance they won't super if you don't have the orbs on the field ready.

Meneses

Thanks for that, got to the third stage but I got killed, I still dont Get the battle system or the battle order so I must play the game more I guess

You'll get the hang of it, don't worry. Some important stuff regarding battle order (I didn't know how it worked either until someone pointed it out to me):

Characters on your first two left slots come back in two turns, and the one on the third slot (right side) comes back in three.

So, as an example, let's say you start your match and on the FIRST turn you have Super Vegito attack first, Gohan second, then Whis third.

On the SECOND turn you'll have 3 other characters, place them as you need them. And on the THIRD turn, your Super Vegito and Gohan come back, plus the seventh character that still hadn't appeared.

On the FOURTH turn, you'll get your 2 left characters from the SECOND turn, plus that Whis from the FIRST turn. And so on. The basic strategy is getting your characters in your preferred positions and never letting them leave those slots. However...

It's important to know that sometimes you can't keep your characters in your desired positions because they might be needed on others. For example, maybe you have an enemy attack 3 times on the last slot and the only guy you can use it to block and survive is Super Vegito. Then you'd have to put him there and just try to deal with having him out a bit longer. In general, you should try to keep characters that link well together (mainly links that give more ki or more attack, or a certain link that's needed to damage an enemy, like the Fierce Battle mentioned above).

This is where items are useful. The "main" loadout is two full HP recovering items (Senzu Bean and Dende) plus 2 support items (the most popular / useful are King Yemma to reduce incoming damage by 50% on that turn, Ghost Usher which makes all enemy characters not attack on that turn, Baba to turn enemy Supers to normal attacks that turn, and Oolong + Puar to change orb colors. There are others who do the same / similar things, and other who give more Ki, etc).

There's a very important trick you can use: if you see an enemy doing a Super attack and you know you won't survive, just close the App immediately (before the damage numbers finish rising and "KO" appears), and when you restar you'll get a message saying "continue suspended game?" and you say yes, which brings you back to the beginning of that turn, so you can use an item or change positioning to try and survive.

The other basic rule is Type advantage, you can see the advantage circle on the upper right of the battle screen. If you use an AGL (blue colour) character against a STR one (red colour), you will do more damage and you will receive less damage when he attacks you.

Give it a try on low stamina stages so you can get safely used to it, instead of trying to learn during the hardest stages, which can be overwhelming.

MiTYH

Let's see if I can recap my weekend:

Did SSBKK event over and over. It stinks, failed a bunch, but ultimately got my 77 medals. I'm STILL doing it though for the 35 for TEQ Godku, but man, I hate this. It's a slog of an event with the 4 stages, and I've lost in the last one sometimes for either being (A) no quick enough to close or (B) facing an unending barrage of supers

Also, felt both good and bad at throwing 150 stones at the xmas banner. Got INT Android 13 and a dupe SV, PHY Great ape goku, and some other SSR dupes, but I needed to save for Buuhan. So that stinks a bit, gave in too easily for that. When do we (hopefully) get those GSSR tickets? At least I'm padding my results for that!

Welp, back to the slog...

Did SSBKK event over and over. It stinks, failed a bunch, but ultimately got my 77 medals. I'm STILL doing it though for the 35 for TEQ Godku, but man, I hate this. It's a slog of an event with the 4 stages, and I've lost in the last one sometimes for either being (A) no quick enough to close or (B) facing an unending barrage of supers

Also, felt both good and bad at throwing 150 stones at the xmas banner. Got INT Android 13 and a dupe SV, PHY Great ape goku, and some other SSR dupes, but I needed to save for Buuhan. So that stinks a bit, gave in too easily for that. When do we (hopefully) get those GSSR tickets? At least I'm padding my results for that!

These aren't GSSR tickets I think, if you're refering to that Japanese banner with all the best units there and the ticket given for each 50ds spent. These are normal pulls with normal rates.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
In dire need of the ability to refresh the friend list. Can't do SSBKK without Godtenks. :-/

Golden Frieza's damage reduction is stupid good

Before getting Super Vegito I would put Frieza in every team I could. A whole STR mono team...and then Frieza. I love that damage reduction. Harder to keep up over 50% health in the newer events though.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

I hate it. Just hate it. I can get through it with my SV team (thanks to now having a blue sealer), but it just takes forever, and it's not guaranteed because sometimes you just can't defend against 5 attacks in a round. I also don't really understand why my SV's counter attack does no damage in the final round. That would speed things up immensely if it did some damage.

Damn, after getting all those units + trying to max SSBKK Goku SA, I am poor. It seems I missed an opportunity to farm Zeni during the Hercule medal event. Is a decent Zeni farming stage I could do?

Shanlei91

I hate it. Just hate it. I can get through it with my SV team (thanks to now having a blue sealer), but it just takes forever, and it's not guaranteed because sometimes you just can't defend against 5 attacks in a round. I also don't really understand why my SV's counter attack does no damage in the final round. That would speed things up immensely if it did some damage.

I thought I had it figured out that SV's counter only does normal damage if he had just supered...but nope. it would still be reduced sometimes. Swapped to a Skinnytenks team just because I couldn't stand how random it is.

Anyone know if Guldo would work to drop SSBKK's defense or are Broly / Ultimate Gohan's the only ones that work on?

commish

I thought I had it figured out that SV's counter only does normal damage if he had just supered...but nope. it would still be reduced sometimes. Swapped to a Skinnytenks team just because I couldn't stand how random it is.

Anyone know if Guldo would work to drop SSBKK's defense or are Broly / Ultimate Gohan's the only ones that work on?

Hmmm let me try some defense reducing supers and see what that does.

MiTYH

Same, but with lack of success with SV. I tried and tried and just failed, I lack some hard hitting blue units though. Skinnytenks and friend Godtenks is how I manage it, but damn it just takes. for.ev.er.

At a weird 11 medals right now, need 35 I think for the TEQ Godku. That's... 3 more runs and 2 40-runs, or 4 more 50-stamina runs

Common sense says do harder, but man I hate this...

commish

I couldn't beat it with skinnytenks, even though I now have some pretty good TEQ units. He just did too much damage to me. Perhaps I should use more defensive cards.

yogloo

I couldn't beat it with skinnytenks, even though I now have some pretty good TEQ units. He just did too much damage to me. Perhaps I should use more defensive cards.
Android 16 and yamcha is a must.
Wait. Are we talking about gotenks or Ssbkk? Yamcha is a must for those two events.

Shanlei91

Baba shop Piccolo is great for the event, gets hit for peanuts in the AGL stages.

This is the team I've been using. My TEQ selection is awful and I don't even have any Babidi items to awaken two of my guys. With bad luck I use all my items, with good luck I only need to use two senzus. Teq Goku is what gives me the most trouble. Maybe I should swap Gotenks for Yamcha.

MiTYH

Baba shop Piccolo is great for the event, gets hit for peanuts in the AGL stages.

This is the team I've been using. My TEQ selection is awful and I don't even have any Babidi items to awaken two of my guys. With bad luck I use all my items, with good luck I only need to use two senzus. Teq Goku is what gives me the most trouble. Maybe I should swap Gotenks for Yamcha.

I second Baba Piccolo. Him and Yamcha do wonders in mitigating damage. Hardest part really is the first TEQ part

I bring SS Jackie Chun for sealing, Whis for stunning, Skinny lead with Godtenks friend for damage, and SSJ3 judt for damage and a few links he has with Godtenks, picollo, etc

Durden77

Yay! Beat Vegito. Tough fight, but manageable.

Used this team and it worked well...
People weren't kidding about Pikkon/Whis. Very excited to have them. I'm guess their attack lowering stacks? Do all attack lowering effects stack or just certain characters?

Might try switching Trunks of for Gohan for more SS, I just wish he was Dokkaned.

Meneses

It definitely stacks.

For Gotenks event I switched from mono AGL to mono Skinnytenks TEQ with 2 attack reducing characters and Gotenks' supers end up hitting me for 2 or 4k.

chrono01

wish there are more friend slots.

4 Slots available, 1859187755

Do add me and if possible post reply, so i accept you guys :D
Will put SV lead for you Chrono.
Thanks man, I appreciate it. :)

Dokkaned Gogeta, wooo! That was easy.

I now have...

Gogeta
Majin Vegeta
PHY Xeno Trunks.

Mext WT is going to be about as good as it gets for me. I just hope Xeno Trunks' strike comes back before hand so I won't feel stupid Dokkaning him. Already have got the medals.

Now to fight Vegito...

Edit : added you linkent. My IGN is Bawlsaq.
Congrats to you on your Gogeta, and best of luck with Vegito!

Yay! Beat Vegito. Tough fight, but manageable.

Used this team and it worked well...

CuiuNbj.png

People weren't kidding about Pikkon/Whis. Very excited to have them. I'm guess their attack lowering stacks? Do all attack lowering effects stack or just certain characters?

Might try switching Trunks of for Gohan for more SS, I just wish he was Dokkaned.
Nice team!

Yeah, I'm really tempted to try out the Whis/Pikkon combo. I might try that today, alongside Vegito teams and see what works best.

Aiii

So not worth it
I removed 35 friends just now, anyone that did not have a SV over SA7 or a Godtenks lead had to go. Having both a SV and Godtenks at SA10 made me act all superior, damn peasants can't hang.

If I removed you, let me know, I will add you again.

I removed 35 friends just now, anyone that did not have a SV over SA7 or a Godtenks lead had to go. Having both a SV and Godtenks at SA10 made me act all superior, damn peasants can't hang.

If I removed you, let me know, I will add you again.

I'm probably gonna start removing people who have ss3 goku or some shit. It's starting to get annoying and those people only give me friends points for my turtle school/training in the clouds runs lol.

MiTYH

I need to clean up my friendslist. It's hard to recruit Godtenks friends when all I've got i Skinnytenks up.

I've got Gogeta and SV! Don't blame me that SSBKK event is too hard

Wazzy

Banned
I've already gotten two Dokkaned SV invites just after DA mine lol

Also if any other SV/Tenks/Gogeta leads want to add me:

I need to fill out my FL.

Aiii

So not worth it
Right, done. I will put my friend code behind the quote, if you have a SV or Godtenks, feel free to add me:

Forgot that SA up isn't 100% when training a TUR with a UR and now I'm scared to level up my SSBKK. How far away is the ability system again lol?

Durden77

It definitely stacks.

For Gotenks event I switched from mono AGL to mono Skinnytenks TEQ with 2 attack reducing characters and Gotenks' supers end up hitting me for 2 or 4k.

Yeah definitely starting to see that. Awesome.

Congrats to you on your Gogeta, and best of luck with Vegito!

Nice team!

Yeah, I'm really tempted to try out the Whis/Pikkon combo. I might try that today, alongside Vegito teams and see what works best.

Thanks! And oh man, yeah if you have them for sure use them. I've had them for a while but today was the first time putting them together because I heard ao many good things. The can control the SHIT out of a match. I need to farm Pikkon's SA ASAP.

Should I save my stones for Buuhan or try to get Godtenks now? Not being able to do these dokkan events sucks.

Depends on which deck (Teq/Int) is stronger but since this banner has Godtenks, SV and Gogeta, I would 100% go for this one if I was lacking 2 out of 3, and probably pull on this banner regardless.

Personally still feeling zero motivation to play. The whole game is so balanced around god leads now, only having Broly sucks, especially since I lack any PHY sealers/stunners. I spent all my stones on this banner, have no way of getting more stones short of buying them, and thus no prospects of getting SV (or any other god lead) any time soon. FeelsBadMan.

koryuken

Hi guys, I am trying to figure out the last slot for my Mono AGL team. Here is my box:
https://dbz.space/box/koryuken
Currently, running S Vegito, SSGKK, AGL God Goku, Ult Gohan, Murasaki, and Frieza. I am wondering if I should replace Frieza for someone else.
I have undokkaned SSJ3 Goku - who seems to be pretty bad due to his passive lasting only 7 turns. He has great stats and links, but overall seems like an outdated unit. Is it worth spending resources to Dokkan Awaken him since my team is pretty stacked? https://dbz.space/cards/1004220-super-saiyan-3-goku-stunning-metamorphosis
Second option is future trunks, who I am thinking is probably the best for consistent damage and no limitations on his passive. https://dbz.space/cards/1004990-super-saiyan-trunks-xeno-a-critical-mission
The final candidates are Goten (who i don't really like due to 50% hp restriction) https://dbz.space/cards/1002400-gotenks-double-the-power
And Gotenks, who has best links but requires a lot of orb luck to do decent damage: https://dbz.space/cards/1002400-gotenks-double-the-power
Or is AGL Frieza still my best bet for that slot? https://dbz.space/cards/1004090-golden-frieza-golden-emperor
Thanks in advance!

Ashodin

All I see is stealth brag box :p

I have no opinions one way or the other on choices. I like Golden Frieza because his damage reduction is insane

koryuken

All I see is stealth brag box :p

I have no opinions one way or the other on choices. I like Golden Frieza because his damage reduction is insane

Hah, that was not my intention. Ironically the AGL team while powerful and has so many great chpices, it is really hard to get a balanced team with good links/damage for everyone. In my current setup Murasaki and Frieza are very unlikely to get Ki for supers without Tree of Might items. SSJ3 Goku is very tempting as a sub, but then two of my characters would do no damage after 7/10 turns respectively. Frieza's passive is godlike but basically has no ki links and adds no damage.

Hi guys, I am trying to figure out the last slot for my Mono AGL team. Here is my box:
https://dbz.space/box/koryuken
Currently, running S Vegito, SSGKK, AGL God Goku, Ult Gohan, Murasaki, and Frieza. I am wondering if I should replace Frieza for someone else.
I have undokkaned SSJ3 Goku - who seems to be pretty bad due to his passive lasting only 7 turns. He has great stats and links, but overall seems like an outdated unit. Is it worth spending resources to Dokkan Awaken him since my team is pretty stacked? https://dbz.space/cards/1004220-super-saiyan-3-goku-stunning-metamorphosis
Second option is future trunks, who I am thinking is probably the best for consistent damage and no limitations on his passive. https://dbz.space/cards/1004990-super-saiyan-trunks-xeno-a-critical-mission
The final candidates are Goten (who i don't really like due to 50% hp restriction) https://dbz.space/cards/1002400-gotenks-double-the-power
And Gotenks, who has best links but requires a lot of orb luck to do decent damage: https://dbz.space/cards/1002400-gotenks-double-the-power
Or is AGL Frieza still my best bet for that slot? https://dbz.space/cards/1004090-golden-frieza-golden-emperor
Thanks in advance!

I know he's not a strong card, but what about the All Out Charge SS Goku? He's weak but his passive is +2 Ki, and he supers nearly 100% of the time.
And yes, I'd dokkan your SSJ3 Goku. He's still really strong those first few turns with your SV lead and all his other links. And his Super lowers DEF which is nice. AND he's a Fierce Battle guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom