• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Well because I have no willpower to hold back and I had some DS to spare, I went and did the 50 stone pull on the carnival event. Everything went better than expected! Got the AGL and TEQ SSJ2 Goku and the TEQ SSJ Bardock (need a Sealer for my TEQ team...). I'll take it!

Meneses

Well because I have no willpower to hold back and I had some DS to spare, I went and did the 50 stone pull on the carnival event. Everything went better than expected! Got the AGL and TEQ SSJ2 Goku and the TEQ SSJ Bardock (need a Sealer for my TEQ team...). I'll take it!

Pretty good pull!

Skii

Never summoned on a Double Rate banner so I said screw it and did a single.

It's fucking Champa ready to take up space in my box for all eternity, great I'd rather I pulled an SR and the 500 baba points that come from getting rid of it

I'm pretty sure there will be a future Hit dokkanfest and Champa will probably get dokkaned from that as well. Or the new tournament arc in Super will somehow let you get dokkan medals for him. There has to be a reason they made him so shitty in the first place lol.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
Thought I had all the medals from the extermination events already but forgot I pulled Piccolo.

How long has it been since the last Heroes/Villains event? My team back then was a terrible, but somehow pulled it off, rainbow Buu team. It seems I have since then pulled all the villains.

Ecf0r87.jpg

Does the dupe system only affect natural SSRs? I have a bunch of STR Buu's but don't know whether his dokkan will allow him to participate in the dupe system or not so I haven't awakened him or used the dupes yet.

Meneses

Goku medals drop rate has been alright-ish for me. Did a couple refreshes (mainly because i'll be grinding Trunks strike too when it comes and i'll probably be close to that 300 mission bonus when all is said and done) and managed to dokkan two Gokus and got a double so now I only need an extra 6 medals just in case I get the AGL one.

Gohan medals on the other hand... zero drops.

rsniper59

Neo Member
It's good that we all have something we can share in groaning about with these medal awakening rates, regardless of which one you're going for! "Good."

MiTYH

Oh man, FINALLY got 300 stages cleared. What an annoying grind. But I needed the DS, so whatever.

Apparently I never beat these new 3 stage additions. Fine by me, more free stones. Gonna farm INT Trunks first, then move to the AGL Gokus.

Who's everyone using as leads? I have 0 good all-type leads for evil, using Hatchiyack just to give everyone ATK boost.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Oh man, FINALLY got 300 stages cleared. What an annoying grind. But I needed the DS, so whatever.

Apparently I never beat these new 3 stage additions. Fine by me, more free stones. Gonna farm INT Trunks first, then move to the AGL Gokus.

Who's everyone using as leads? I have 0 good all-type leads for evil, using Hatchiyack just to give everyone ATK boost.

I've been using AGL Kid Buu for HP, but I'm tempted to throw in my INT King Piccolo for the Ki+2 for all. Really my villains team is horrid and lacks any great leads, so I'm not going to try hard at getting to the end of this event. Just hoping for my Goku medals at this point.

BrunoM

So pulled buuhan out of a single yesterday .. hadn't farmed the medals because well f2p and didn't think I'd pull him with 5 stones ...

Did farm 10 of the str ones but just made one with SA10 ..

In short out of let's say 16 runs I got 10 of them now that I need them to raise my buuhan SA before doing medals I haven't got more than one drop in 2 full stamina bars that's that's 276 stamina with one drop it's crazy fuck ...

And still got to do the medals errrr

It's gone on the 14 I believe so let's home my luck changes ..

Oh and that one drop did not raise the SA fuck

Gohan medal is rough.

I had to use a continue just to beat the stage last time around. I hope I can do it without now but idk, my villain team still isn't very good. Gohan's TUR isn't even that good, is the worst part. e: actually not that bad, it's just his normal card that's garbage. Kind of shitty links tho.

So pulled buuhan out of a single yesterday .. hadn't farmed the medals because well f2p and didn't think I'd pull him with 5 stones ...

Did farm 10 of the str ones but just made one with SA10 ..

In short out of let's say 16 runs I got 10 of them now that I need them to raise my buuhan SA before doing medals I haven't got more than one drop in 2 full stamina bars that's that's 276 stamina with one drop it's crazy fuck ...

And still got to do the medals errrr

It's gone on the 14 I believe so let's home my luck changes ..

Oh and that one drop did not raise the SA fuck
I'd recommend getting all the medals first, then going for SA. That way (if you want) you can still Dokkan him when the event is over regardless of where his SA is. It'll be a few months before the event comes back I'm sure.

rsniper59

Neo Member
Are these 30,000 baba point characters in the shop worth getting?

A lot of people here have been talking about getting the Saiyaman card, so I'm guessing it has some merit! Nappa actually looks like the slightly better card to me, but Mono-AGL is much more common.

Are they going to go away at some point? If not, it could just be something to build toward down the road.

Edit: 7 Goku medals down! Now just 7 more to go for my AGL Goku.... Maybe I'll get to the 300 stages after all?

BrunoM

I'd recommend getting all the medals first, then going for SA. That way (if you want) you can still Dokkan him when the event is over regardless of where his SA is. It'll be a few months before the event comes back I'm sure.

Yeah you're probably right

I'm gonna start doing the medals and go from there ...
I lack on agl so can't do the event with SV as I don't have one so need to run into buuhan that's how I got 3 wins to dokkan the buucalloo but looks like no one is running buuhan at the moment

I need 5 Gohan medals(I pulled this dude last rising banner and was buttmad. Now I'm happy because his DA is really good). Then I have 14 medals for my two SSJ2 Goku's, then I'll go for piccolo and non-majin Vegeta even though I don't have the card. I DAed Trunks and Gohan and I have the medals for MV and Buu.

My resentment for you #yolosinglepull people that got Buuhan is unprecedented. I did yolosingles and got Goku giant ape. I ain't letting you use my Attack All during WT >=|

Edit: I just got three Gohan awakening medals in a row...Now I'm not gonna get any for 30+ times

denebj

Neo Member
Got the 7 Gohan medals in 18 runs so that's not too terrible. I wish his rebirth was a tad better . They should have removed that HP restriction and upgrade his SA to Supreme.

I need to farm 21 Goku medals and I will try to get some trunk for the Rage Trunk L:)

Kyou

okay got my Buuhan medals, now time to get 9 copies to raise his special attack

*runs many times*

Boy this is going to take a while huh

SnakeEyes

Banned
Jesus the drop rate for the SSJ2 Goku medals are horrible
I'm at 12 medals so far, but 3 have been double-drops. Maybe my X-mas banner luck is sticking around... :D

Also I have to awaken all 3 SS2 Gokus, Future Gohan, the PHY Piccolo, and also potentially farm more of the AGL Whis because I hear he's good for the LR Frieza.

RedFox85

I kind of just started this game but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep going or not. The game hasn't been any kind of a challenge so far and all of the fights can be won with 0 strategy. Keep in mind I'm talking about the boring ass "quest" mode as that's what I've been slugging through.

My team right now is an ssr ssb goku (kaioken x10) who one shots everything and some other random SR cards. When does this game open up strategy wise? I would like to see some kind of slight challenge or hit an area where a good strategy or team composition gets me through but so far I'm not finding it. For those wondering I'm in the part of the story quest where it loops back around to nappa for some reason..

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I kind of just started this game but I'm not sure if I'm going to keep going or not. The game hasn't been any kind of a challenge so far and all of the fights can be won with 0 strategy. Keep in mind I'm talking about the boring ass "quest" mode as that's what I've been slugging through.

My team right now is an ssr ssb goku (kaioken x10) who one shots everything and some other random SR cards. When does this game open up strategy wise? I would like to see some kind of slight challenge or hit an area where a good strategy or team composition gets me through but so far I'm not finding it. For those wondering I'm in the part of the story quest where it loops back around to nappa for some reason..

The 40 and 50 stamina dokkan events aren't easy for newcomers. Probably the super strikes and the limit events as well. Also the later chapters of the Quest are likely to be difficult, even on normal.

I was worried about getting a dupe on the rising dragon carnival banner, but I was worried for nothing. I didn't even get a rising dragon! lol...it ended up being PHY SSB Vegeta.

Bright side, He's getting the dokkan treatment on JPN and much later on GLB!

I know, I'm actually super hyped for it. This is actually my first Vegeta SSR on this account, and I think he'll even work fairly well with my PHY Broly. It turns out so far that I never get an SSR that I can dokkan on current events lol.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

The problem is that a lot of that content was created before there were many SSR units. As result, the newer cards like SSBKK Goku will obliterate it.

You'll likely find all Normal/Hard difficulty content easy. Z-Hard will be a mixed bag depending on how old the content. Super difficulty was added a few months ago and will be the actual difficult content.

Quest mode gets a jump in difficulty during area 13 (When Warriors Collide) then again in area 16 (Reunion).

I would probably rank it from easiest to hardest

Normal / Hard quests > Normal / Hard event stages > Z-Hard quests > Z-Hard story events > Z-Hard strikes > Z-Hard Super Strikes > 40 stamina Dokkan bosses > 50 stamina Dokkan bosses

It also depends on what characters you have. For example there's an event up that forces you to only use Villains, with some stages requiring one of each color or restricting a color. Depending on your characters, some stages may be harder than others or not difficult at all.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Whenever the peon fights start to actually do damage to you is when quest gets hard.

There's also that fight against all of the Ginyu Force at once where they super you pretty often and have a decent amount of health. That one almost caught me even on Normal

I. WANT. BUUHAN! I MISSED OUT ON GODTENKS BN PLS Y U DO DIS TO ME I SHOW U NUTHIN BUT LUV AND U GIVE ME Rs!

On another note should I use DS to refill my STA to do hero event thing? Would also get me closer to the 300 wins thing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom