• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
It works on its own. My INT Godku hits for like 150-250k depending on the circumstances.

Ahh that makes sense. Glad to be done with him though, what an annoying fight.

Is AGL best for Gotenks? I want to farm up the medals for PHY Gotenks ahead of time.

I mean he's in STR mode nearly ALL the time.

AGL works great but it depends. He can go SSJ3 again after only two turns or he might change to one of the lower forms, it's luck based. If you can, take two good blocking units with no turn restrictions to keep in rotation for when he arrives, when he swaps to another form you can move them to the third slots and maximize damage then decide whether to bring them back in or not based on what he switches to.

The Beerus event is so annoying cause its 7 medals and its 40 energy per run.

Also Buuhan x2 destroys Godtenks for the most part. Have to watch out for the STR super though. Hits for 60k lol.

I'll never be done...28 more medals from Godtenks, 2 more from Beerus and 103 more from GF...

I'm actually thinking of dropping them for now and worrying about them once I at least get the droids past the next step. I don't even mind the events since they're pretty easy overall I just don't have the defence boosters left to really do it effectively now.

I need a good few days with Bulmas item quest.

It's annoying isn't it? Especially if you have those units to awaken using the medals, it maked the grind even longer. But oh well, they will come back at some point.

YUUUUP. If I had Godtenks I'd have to do even MORE of it, it's so ughhhhhhhh. Why do we need 77? Why not like 5, pls...

I'm actually thinking of dropping them for now and worrying about them once I at least get the droids past the next step. I don't even mind the events since they're pretty easy overall I just don't have the defence boosters left to really do it effectively now.

I need a good few days with Bulmas item quest.

It's not so much about difficulty as it is about tedious and boring. I have Goten, Trunks, PHY Gotenks, and the Androids to DAen. That's 154 freaking medals! Beerus isn't too bad since I already did the 10 for my STR last time. GF is gonna be a pain though, I hate that you can beat Frieza(1st form) and minions, then Frieza(Final Form), then Frieza(No wait, this is my final form), and then if you don't beat Frieza(no longer final form) in time he blows up the planet and GGnoRE.

It's not so much about difficulty as it is about tedious and boring. I have Goten, Trunks, PHY Gotenks, and the Androids to DAen. That's 154 freaking medals! Beerus isn't too bad since I already did the 10 for my STR last time. GF is gonna be a pain though, I hate that you can beat Frieza(1st form) and minions, then Frieza(Final Form), then Frieza(No wait, this is my final form), and then if you don't beat Frieza(no longer final form) in time he blows up the planet and GGnoRE.

I don't mind the tedium too much to be honest since I usually try to do them when I'm listening to a podcast or something which helps pass the time. But yeah, the sheer quantity is insane. I still have a need of around 140 or so more. Luckily I've not been caught by Frieza's cheap trick, but I kind of had a feeling that's what it was alluding to. As soon as I saw that happens in the last stage I've been doing everything I can to make sure I reach the stage with a ghost left.

Beerus oddly was the worst one for me, just because of how long he takes to actually die without the right units. I can run GF or Godtenks twice in the time it takes me to beat Beerus. Though having said that, SSBKK was kicking my ass before and now I need to beat him too, which I doubt will be easy even with Godtenks on my side.

I don't mind the tedium too much to be honest since I usually try to do them when I'm listening to a podcast or something which helps pass the time. But yeah, the sheer quantity is insane. I still have a need of around 140 or so more. Luckily I've not been caught by Frieza's cheap trick, but I kind of had a feeling that's what it was alluding to. As soon as I saw that happens in the last stage I've been doing everything I can to make sure I reach the stage with a ghost left.

Beerus oddly was the worst one for me, just because of how long he takes to actually die without the right units. I can run GF or Godtenks twice in the time it takes me to beat Beerus. Though having said that, SSBKK was kicking my ass before and now I need to beat him too, which I doubt will be easy even with Godtenks on my side.

Yeh, I make sure to save my Ushers for it.
I hate Godtenks, third time in a row he goes first after becoming SSJ3 and immediately supering. Fuck me.

SSBKK is really easy with Gotenks. After the first phase he's AGL throughout

Oh nice! I don't really have the greatest TEQ team unfortunately though, however I guess it's less of an issue given the ease of getting supers with Godtenks. I can build a team with great stats but the links aren't gonna be amazing. I 'd considered keeping SV in and AGL GF in the team though anyway which leaves a few less slots to fill. Depends if they'd prove that valuable in a TEQ team.

Yeh, I make sure to save my Ushers for it.
I hate Godtenks, third time in a row he goes first after becoming SSJ3 and immediately supering. Fuck me.

Ok yeah that side of Godtenks is very tedious. I managed to mitigate a lot of those with AGL Golden Frieza eating the super and Janemba as a poor backup for him, but if he broke beyond 50% of my hp it started to get real rough since the buff is gone for good. It seems like his phase changes reset the super too, allowing him to dodge the brief respite you usually get.

It's the most I've had to close and reopen the app actually, purely for impending supers which for the most part are very close to OHKO's with an AGL team.

patochaos

Neo Member
Ok, aftter you guys told me to reroll, I spent 5 hours yesterday rerolling in the emu.
Best I got was Super Saiyan God Goku :(

Today I played on my account, and get Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks with a Single pull.

Thanks Bandai, I love you.

Do I need to get 9 more gotenks to level his super to 10 before awakening him?

Not sure how that works,.

Ashodin

These events take too goddamn long. Beerus is decent, but godtenks took fucking two hours

I'm getting burnt out on them, so I'm gonna just go for rank increases and save stones.

Skii

I just completed the first stage in the boss rush. It's so easy for my AGL team. Only had to use 2 dende because I got supered twice but other than that, it was smooth sailing. The power creep is quite insane considering we can now clear 5 dokkanfest boss without using items.

Ashodin

how even, what team did you use?

INT Buuhan
AGL Golden Frieza
INT Turles
STR Gogeta
INT Vegito
INT General Blue
Any Buuhan friends I get

I basically have to keep stunning him and then the damage he takes is literally miniscule in every form (including TEQ)!

I started the fight at 2 PM and finished at 4 PM. for 7 medals. WTF

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I just completed the first stage in the boss rush. It's so easy for my AGL team. Only had to use 2 dende because I got supered twice but other than that, it was smooth sailing. The power creep is quite insane considering we can now clear 5 dokkanfest boss without using items.
...but you used 2 Dende.
I get that you used "we". :p

INT Buuhan
AGL Golden Frieza
INT Turles
STR Gogeta
INT Vegito
INT General Blue
Any Buuhan friends I get

I basically have to keep stunning him and then the damage he takes is literally miniscule in every form (including TEQ)!

I started the fight at 2 PM and finished at 4 PM. for 7 medals. WTF

It takes me like 15-20min using
TUR AGL SV
TUR AGL Kid Buu
TUR INT Turles
UR INT SSJ Bardock
UR AGL Golden Frieza
TUR AGL SSJ2 Goku
Friend: TUR AGL SV

Even the times where he went SSJ3>SSJ>SSJ3>SSJ.SSJ3>SSJ it took at most 25min.

Fuck RNG 4srs. Godtenks goes SSJ3 and goes first, supers. then SSJ3>SSJ>SSJ3 HE FUCKIN GOES FIRST AND SUPERS AGAIN like holy fuck.

I'm about to ragequit this game. I'm seriously getting pissed off at how often this motherfucker is supering. SSJ3 supers, SSJ supers snad stuns SSJ3 supers, SSJ supers. And every fucking time it's at THE VERY START SO GG NO SEAL -.-
I'm letting him kill me, he has three bars left and I have no senzu, no baba, and no ushers. Fuck this.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Svo284v.jpg

Another W dokkan fest so likely more 3+1s

Skii

JP crashed hard. They've been forced to do 2.5 hour emergency maintenance lol.

Oh well, SSJ4 confirmed but there's about 20 other things in the news that we cant see yet.

LNBL

Damn that's a lot of events and stuff for the 2nd anniversary. sadness just me when I realized we don't even have Omega Shenron or the dupe system on Global.

Skii

Yeah you will get/grind(?) super dragon stones and can summon on a god leads banner. I bet its like one of the 5 so you could still end up getting dupes. Will be really surprised if they let you pick. If they let you pick, it's because they will be garbage compared to SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta now.

The most annoying thing is that there is no dragon stone sale. Terribly greedy by JP. Probably wont be buying any now since I dont have any nostalgia for GT that you can hold hostage lol.

Ok, aftter you guys told me to reroll, I spent 5 hours yesterday rerolling in the emu.
Best I got was Super Saiyan God Goku :(

Today I played on my account, and get Super Saiyan 3 Gotenks with a Single pull.

Thanks Bandai, I love you.

Do I need to get 9 more gotenks to level his super to 10 before awakening him?

Not sure how that works,.

There are other items called Elder Kai's you can get for various things throughout the game. You'll encounter them naturally sooner or later. They level up SA for the characters who don't have a form you can farm reasonably, like Godtenks.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I don't think it's weird to pick, Monster Strike let people pick during their 3rd Anniv (though since the pool was so huge, you had to pick out of 5).

Arrrammis

I find the first round with Sorbet and all them is the hardest part of that stage with Buuhan. If you can get past that fine the rest of the fight just goes.

Agreed. I've started by taking out all of them except Sorbet then focusing on having Buuhan collect orbs to heal up, since I'm usually at <50% HP unless I get lucky with team positions and orbs. That way, I'm full hp for the next phase and usually have Dokkan meter ready to clear out 2 bars of HP right away.

I find the first round with Sorbet and all them is the hardest part of that stage with Buuhan. If you can get past that fine the rest of the fight just goes.

I just leave Tagoma alive since he does crap damage. Just super Freiza and the STR guy since they hit the hardest.

Wazzy

Banned
I've pulled 6 androids so far. Almost done getting these assholes maxed. I don't think I'll bother with the LR Dokkan medals for now. I also can Dokkan my piccolo but I guess I'll hold off so that I can try and max his super.

Oh dear. A selection of stuff like Broly and SSJ3 Goku on JPN right now. Then a selection of God leaders coming. These SSJ4 units are gonna break the meta again aren't they? It'd getting pretty hard to keep up with what it is at this point.

Raining goodies and free SSR units though. Can't wait for this on global. I'd even reroll a JPN account if they had a good banner today or if I ever stuck with it.

Meneses

Let's see what these units end up being, but this might be the push I needed to finally break this game's grip over me.

I absolutely hate SSJ4s and if this brings an even more broken character then I think i'll finally be at peace with letting this game go.

seems likely they'll be at the very least extremely strong. That's how gacha games work. If the new cards didn't break the meta, why would whales keep spending?

Skii

Well it does say select on it like the one that lets you pick from the early dokkan fest exclusives did.

Yeah you're right. That's insanely generous to give everyone one of the 5 god leads. Hopefully they're still relevant with the SSJ4 drop.

I'm at 340 stones right now. So that's good for 8 multis.

seems likely they'll be at the very least extremely strong. That's how gacha games work. If the new cards didn't break the meta, why would whales keep spending?

While true, it's got to have a level of damage to it as well surely. F2P players may not provide the income, but they do bulk the numbers and help it to stay relevant, particularly keeping it near the top in search results or on the store fronts. They're the ones they stand to lose eventually if it gets out of hand.

I know I'm personally not sure I'll bother with another reroll ever in DB global, maybe JPN for a bit of fun though I'll never play it. It does honestly get a bit tiresome having everything made irrelevant time and time again. Oh well, at least I hate the SSJ4 design, so I won't be jealous of those who do get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom