• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
I can't figure out a good team for Beerus. I don't have any of the God leads, aside from a maxed Gogeta but he isn't even considered a God anymore I don't think?
This.
This is a problem.
Beerus came before any God leads and is perfectly doable with double Gogeta. Get some guys with the special link and any blockers (Hello Strike Android) and go to town.

This.
This is a problem.
Beerus came before any God leads and is perfectly doable with double Gogeta. Get some guys with the special link and any blockers (Hello Strike Android) and go to town.

Well I'm not a good player so it's definitely on me rather than the fault of my character box.

I tried once since the event came back and barely got him past one of his health bars before I died. Have yet to try again though I probably will tomorrow or maybe later tonight.

Do you have any of the units that penetrate his defense? i.e. Whis, SSB Goku / Vegeta, SSGSS Goku?

I have AGL and TEQ Whis and PHY SSB Vegeta, along with STR and PHY SSG Goku. My INT pool is hella weak but I do have a dokkaned SS3 Vegeta that can block well.

I will have to try it again tonight when i get enough stamina back.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
I have AGL and TEQ Whis and PHY SSB Vegeta, along with STR and PHY SSG Goku. My INT pool is hella weak but I do have a dokkaned SS3 Vegeta that can block well.

I will have to try it again tonight when i get enough stamina back.

You could probably do a double Gogeta lead with TEQ Whis, SSB Vegeta and STR SSG Goku with two INT units, ideally a tank (like android) or a super sealer (WT Bardock or Sorbet).

yogloo

I can't figure out a good team for Beerus. I don't have any of the God leads, aside from a maxed Gogeta but he isn't even considered a God anymore I don't think?
Borrow a buuhan lead and put a stunner in your team. The rest you can put in some God units that does double damage to him.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ah ok it's only a medium chance to counter and it's only super attacks. That's not as good then.

Leader skill is busted though. They made the numbers bigger

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I think Vegeta might be better just because he's AGL. You'd run two of him who counters supers and SV blocks and counters normal attacks. And then everyone else runs around with 240% defense.

Wow for once Vegeta is the superior card. Waiting on links confirmation before making a judgment though.

Those supers look sick though. Gogeta SSJ4 is gonna be insane lol.

Cruxist

Gokus raise defense could be good, and str supers still have some of the best cards in the game. Don't count out STR until these cards are available.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Sooo depends on how selecting the old god leads go you can just reroll for SSJ4 Vegeta, use the red stone on SSJ3 Goku, and select SV for the other thing.

Congrats you made half an amazing team.

O neat, if you stun GF the countdown doesn't go down.

Anyways, AGL GF is done, now just the 77 needed for LR. Then I just needed the 7 regular Frieza medals(should be easy peasy) and then && SSBKK(which is gonna be megahard...)

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
390% attack bonus and 240% defense. Man my Godtenks and SV seem pointless now. I guess the F2P meta will be an yearly anniversary reroll.

SV is still going to be an amazing sub for mono AGL.

Also these leaders skill made regular SSB Goku better than SSBKK which is nice. I always disliked SSBKK's passive and it's what finally did him in.

They added rates to the summons supposedly. I dunno if I'd trust them lol

denebj

Neo Member
It feels a bit broken those ssj4 ://
No wonder why they give you a free God card...
I have all the gods so I most definitely not pull on shenron since I will have him free through those tickets...
I probably even not pull much until those hit GLB.
Kinda sad, feels so busted lol I looked at the twitter.. 1M + damages when they super... This is ridiculous.

SV is still going to be an amazing sub for mono AGL.

Also these leaders skill made regular SSB Goku better than SSBKK which is nice. I always disliked SSBKK's passive and it's what finally did him in.

They added rates to the summons supposedly. I dunno if I'd trust them lol

Yeah I suppose he will, but it's just I can see the looming fate of my account already since it's pretty much out of stones and global is stingy. I'm hoping to get lucky. At least as an upside, if we get a similar event it's going to make an amazing opportunity to reroll since you can grab SV and SSJ3 AGL Goku for free. That's a pretty great start with SSJ4 Vegeta.

Ugh I just lost to GF because RNG had a raging hard-on for supers and I didn't think the old final form Frieza super would do more than 60k DMG to my SV. I was wrong by about 100...

Two more runs of GF. Then I get 90% damage reduction Frieza~

I wish instead of just increasing his damage reduction by 10% more they also lowered the amount of HP you needed to have to like 40% or something...he already takes so little damage to supers from TEQ(like 14k from a Godtenks super).

Xanru

Not gonna lie, Goku's undokkaned art is better than his dokkaned one imo. And I might be a Goku fan, but SS4 Vegeta's SA is more lit than Goku's.

Aiii

So not worth it
Vegeta finally got the better card over Goku, victory.

Also, both GT Goku SSJ3 and Int Baby Vegeta getting a (golden) great ape dokkan, I have the first one, so combined with Goku, that would be great. Still rather have Vegeta if I can only pull one.

Wazzy

Banned
Godtenks done and awakened. I have INT and AGL Frieza so I'll probably Dokkan my INT one when I get around to trying the event. I should probably do Beerus as well since I have STR one.

Skii

They had to make them OP. Completely changing the meta again.

Oh well, I should have 350 stones ready for this and I'll be pulling on the Vegeta banner because my mono AGL is better than mono STR. This has truly be the month of Vegeta on dokkan.

Meneses

Godtenks done and awakened. I have INT and AGL Frieza so I'll probably Dokkan my INT one when I get around to trying the event. I should probably do Beerus as well since I have STR one.

I would Dokkan AGL first, since he'll be more useful as a tank.

Btw, on reddit there were leaks of new HP bars going all the way to 10 extra bars, so yeah, get ready to spend half a day grinding a boss if you don't have great cards.

It seems like the super dragon stone might be P2P only... That'll definitely suck.

Yeah, there was mention of it being only on the 91 DS pack as well.

Dat 100% rate tho. :p

Wow thats pretty sick.

I would do JP but I don't wanna split between my global account and then a JP one. Plus I play YGO Duel Links so even less time for Dokkan lol.

That's a great banner!

That's real good.

Make sure to put in info or links to stuff that's helpful to new players like unit rankings, where to grind, info on combat basics. I didn't realize you could see friend unit SA levels, knew how to read the corner wheel to see who is out next or that good guy vs bad guy bonus points in WT were the same as type advantage and didn't overlap until about a year into playing. >_>

Thanks guys! And yeah definitely putting QoL tips and tricks as well. Just trying to figure out how to do it without a metric ton of text.

nowarning

I was just about to finish farming on the golden frieza event but I decided to do a single pull on the INT summon, pulled the INT golden frieza so back to it I guess.

I tried the event with mono AGL to start with (I haven't played that much lately so I had a quick read on the reddit and saw someone suggested double SV) but struggled with it. Double Buuhan and decent INT team makes it an absolute cakewalk, probably one of the easiest for me so far.

LOL at them SS4 cards. 120% is nuts. Looking forward to dokkaning SS3 Goku and Baby though, I guess.

Starting work on Vegeta and Paikuhan super strikes now since they're good for LR Frieza down the road. Never really bothered with them before since I'm sure as shit never gonna get LR Goku (and even if I did, they aren't great for that fight)

Also yeah SSJ4s OP af, as expected. Wonder how insane SSj4 Gogeta will be

Aiii

So not worth it
I fully understand the choice to not give away a free god lead, that doesn't really make that much business sense when your entire business model is getting people to pay you for better cards.

I fully understand the choice to not give away a free god lead, that doesn't really make that much business sense when you're entire business model is getting people to pay you for better cards.

It's only once though, right? Plus the allure is that you're getting one without much hassle, so why not drop the cash for it since you were going to do it anyway.

Damn, RNG in that game is a b*tch.
Did a Gotenks SSJ3 fight, didn't turned into regular Gotenks a single time during the fight -___-
Also, I feel like there's a pattern with dokkan awaken arts. Good guys gets a worse art when dokkan awaken (Gogeta, Godtenks, Super Vegito, Goku and Vegeta SSJ4) while bad guys gets a better art when dokkan awaken (Buuhan, Turles)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom