• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

MisterMac

I fully understand the choice to not give away a free god lead, that doesn't really make that much business sense when your entire business model is getting people to pay you for better cards.

On the other hand, giving someone a free "God" lead whose decidedly less "godly" in the face of SSJ4 cards might be the carrot that spurs a purchase to chase SSJ4. Cause I'd probably not pay for a free god Lead the same week the(I dunno what to call it? Titan-Leads? New Gods?) came out. But being able to get a free Super Vegito card would put me in the mood to gamble.

Also I'm now strongly of the opinion that spending money or stones on any banner til July when we get the SSJ4s should be something you consider not doing. Especially if you have an Old God Lead. For mono AGL Rosé just dropped massively in priority and it might be more beneficial to summon on the Vegito Blue banner since that has SSBKK. Ditto for Mono STR: Omega Shenron isn't gonna be as must have compared to SSJ4 Goku.

I would advise at least taking a heavy look at your card collection and the upcoming banners and seeing where your best chance of keeping up with the meta will be before you pull/spend money. For me I have a solid set of Super STR Cards and my AGL team would benefit more from getting SSJ4 Goku than Rosé whose worth to me would depreciate moderately come July when the SSJ4s drop for us. Whereas Vegeta and Goku will at least likely be relevant as long as Gogeta was. Maybe longer if they introduce New Gods for each color for Extreme and Supers.

EDIT: Also come SSJ4 day I am gonna be rerolling a lot on the SSJ4 banner. I'm shooting for SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta together but I will keep the codes for all the SSJ4s I get and give them away here for anyone who wants to start on Japan with an SSJ4 but doesn't want to reroll. Hopefully new accounts start with a decent chunk of stones

Xanru

They had to make them OP. Completely changing the meta again.

Oh well, I should have 350 stones ready for this and I'll be pulling on the Vegeta banner because my mono AGL is better than mono STR. This has truly be the month of Vegeta on dokkan.

They really haven't changed the meta at all, just reinforced the current one.

And not gonna lie, people that complain about a pid godstone confuse me, outside of like complete f2p. A lot of people have spent hundreds trying to get that one unit at like .8% of a chance, you telling me that an ~$40 to guarantee the unit(s) you want is crippling, or hell, even greedy? If they hadn't said anything at all you'd still likely have bought a 91 stone pack for a chance at rolling, but scoff at the guarantee? That confuses the hell outta me. I can see this being cheesy for f2p, but minor or major p2p? Definitely not. Especially since they do pretty much the same thing in Naruto, just with significantly less impactful units.

Kakaroach

So to get a god lead you gotta pay what, 40 bucks? Probably only worth it if you're rerolling for one of the SS4 chars. Makes sense from a business point of view, just not sure how many people will actually buy that package if they don't pull one of the SS4.

So to get a god lead you gotta pay what, 40 bucks? Probably only worth it if you're rerolling for one of the SS4 chars. Makes sense from a business point of view, just not sure how many people will actually buy that package if they don't pull one of the SS4.

What package ?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just got my 4th Beerus medal, using a teq team with int great ape Shugesh slotted in because Shugesh is Shugesh. He even got the final hit.

I was hoping Shugesh blessing would translate into pull luck but I got a fuckin Tien so that didn't happen.

Skii

They really haven't changed the meta at all, just reinforced the current one.

And not gonna lie, people that complain about a pid godstone confuse me, outside of like complete f2p. A lot of people have spent hundreds trying to get that one unit at like .8% of a chance, you telling me that an ~$40 to guarantee the unit(s) you want is crippling, or hell, even greedy? If they hadn't said anything at all you'd still likely have bought a 91 stone pack for a chance at rolling, but scoff at the guarantee? That confuses the hell outta me. I can see this being cheesy for f2p, but minor or major p2p? Definitely not. Especially since they do pretty much the same thing in Naruto, just with significantly less impactful units.

They have changed it for STR and AGL. They've just released far superior leaders for each type and they've changed STR from predominantly villain to a predominantly hero team. The only villain you'd want in it is Omega Shenron because he still has the links to thrive in a GT team.

I would've preferred dual god leaders with similar stats to the current god leads giving a little bit of team diversity but this is too much. Now I'll have to summon for SSJ4 Vegeta for my AGL team.

Also, its annoying that the super stone is P2P but like others have said, it's really agonising to spend all this money and still not get the cards you want. So to give them the chance to get one of those top units from a one off payment seems like a good deal.

On the other hand, giving someone a free "God" lead whose decidedly less "godly" in the face of SSJ4 cards might be the carrot that spurs a purchase to chase SSJ4. Cause I'd probably not pay for a free god Lead the same week the(I dunno what to call it? Titan-Leads? New Gods?) came out. But being able to get a free Super Vegito card would put me in the mood to gamble.

Also I'm now strongly of the opinion that spending money or stones on any banner til July when we get the SSJ4s should be something you consider not doing. Especially if you have an Old God Lead. For mono AGL Rosé just dropped massively in priority and it might be more beneficial to summon on the Vegito Blue banner since that has SSBKK. Ditto for Mono STR: Omega Shenron isn't gonna be as must have compared to SSJ4 Goku.

I would advise at least taking a heavy look at your card collection and the upcoming banners and seeing where your best chance of keeping up with the meta will be before you pull/spend money. For me I have a solid set of Super STR Cards and my AGL team would benefit more from getting SSJ4 Goku than Rosé whose worth to me would depreciate moderately come July when the SSJ4s drop for us. Whereas Vegeta and Goku will at least likely be relevant as long as Gogeta was. Maybe longer if they introduce New Gods for each color for Extreme and Supers.

EDIT: Also come SSJ4 day I am gonna be rerolling a lot on the SSJ4 banner. I'm shooting for SSJ4 Goku/Vegeta together but I will keep the codes for all the SSJ4s I get and give them away here for anyone who wants to start on Japan with an SSJ4 but doesn't want to reroll. Hopefully new accounts start with a decent chunk of stones

Got a link to the info on how to set up a reroll on JPN? I'm debating having a bit of a mess around with it too, especially if they manage to have 100 stones to burn, which it's already heading close to.

Godtenks fight definitely is tedious. I'm 2 runs away from dokkan awakening mine... but RNG is such a chore :/

It is starting to really get to me now. It wasn't too bad at first but as I'm nearing the end of the grind I'll be glad to see the back of him. The back to back supers is getting to me as well since it's forcing me to keep closing and reopening on what should be a victory lap too. To be honest, I find all of the fights above Gogeta's level to be a bit of a drag due to their length.

Cruxist

I'm sitting at 300 stones in JPN right now. I want those SSJ4 banners! It's driving me nuts having that many stones just sitting there!

MisterMac

Got a link to the info on how to set up a reroll on JPN? I'm debating having a bit of a mess around with it too, especially if they manage to have 100 stones to burn, which it's already heading close to.

Get Droid 4x, download the JP APK from dbz.space. Download the reroll app APK The JP section of the reroll guide on Reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanB...ller_app_now_with_mod_approval/?client=safari

This video has instructions https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j27mjSCLMZ8

Skii

If bosses get 10 bats of health I'ma just quit. 5 bars is enough of a pain...

Well the content will always have to get harder. The current dokkanfest had become so easy for JP players that they had to release a boss rush that's now been completed by top JP players. They will have to keep upping the difficulty to keep the big P2P happy.

Well the content will always have to get harder. The current dokkanfest had become so easy for JP players that they had to release a boss rush that's now been completed by top JP players. They will have to keep upping the difficulty to keep the big P2P happy.
They should just do what they did with frieza and have two difficulties just instead of 2 medals make it 4 or 5. It gets to a point where many F2P can't participate.

Cruxist

Yeah, unfortunately harder stuff is needed. I have a rainbow hero team that wrecks pretty much every event. I'm confident I can finish the boss rush too, just need to add in Whis for the extra healing potential.

Kitoro

Holy crap at SS4 Vegeta. I'm a global player, and I won't even bother trying to pull for SSB Vegito or Rose Black Goku at this point. I run a mono AGL team and will just wait for that; I'm in no hurry.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
>mfw Shugesh goes great ape right at the start of a Beerus fury round

AN6MV1n.png

Meneses

Seriously, though, why even pull on Global until SSJ4 arrives in the summer or whenever that is?

Unless you want to get a favorite character (I know i'm gonna throw a couple summons at DBS Trunks banner), it's better to just keep hoarding stones.

Global is gonna have to come up with some pretty crazy banner deals to get people to spend stones / money, unless they're counting on players who don't visit forums / have no idea what's going on in Japan, which I guess could still be a pretty big number.

Skii

Holy crap at SS4 Vegeta. I'm a global player, and I won't even bother trying to pull for SSB Vegito or Rose Black Goku at this point. I run a mono AGL team and will just wait for that; I'm in no hurry.

Seriously, though, why even pull on Global until SSJ4 arrives in the summer or whenever that is?

Unless you want to get a favorite character (I know i'm gonna throw a couple summons at DBS Trunks banner), it's better to just keep hoarding stones.

Global is gonna have to come up with some pretty crazy banner deals to get people to spend stones / money, unless they're counting on players who don't visit forums / have no idea what's going on in Japan, which I guess could still be a pretty big number.

You should still spend on those two banners because they will fill out the teams for the two new SSJ4 leaders. Rose will still have a place in an AGL team and you can still run a Blue Vegito team with SSJ4 Vegeta and Goku in it. I'd definitely recommend trying to go all out on one of those banners which has the units most suited to you and then save up for 2 year anniversary. Remember JP players essentially got 200+ free stones in total thanks to the rank 200 stones.

The SSJ4 banners might be terrible in terms of beefing up your team. They might not have any of the DBSuper characters or might lack certain god leads.

You realize that this is the nature of the entire game right? There's always something to save up for, and the power of new cards is eventually going to eclipse even the upcoming ones. I mean you could apply that line of thinking to getting the latest smartphones, but that just means that you'll never pick up a smartphone lol.

Meneses

The SSJ4 banners might be terrible in terms of beefing up your team. They might not have any of the DBSuper characters or might lack certain god leads.

Well I guess that's one way of looking at it.

If Bamco is smart, the SSJ4 banners will be full of crap outside of the new god cards and people will still spend like hell to get them, and then spend some more on other returning banners to try and build a team.

Kitoro

You should still spend on those two banners because they will fill out the teams for the two new SSJ4 leaders. Rose will still have a place in an AGL team and you can still run a Blue Vegito team with SSJ4 Vegeta and Goku in it. I'd definitely recommend trying to go all out on one of those banners which has the units most suited to you and then save up for 2 year anniversary. Remember JP players essentially got 200+ free stones in total thanks to the rank 200 stones.

But isnt Rose an Extreme character? Extreme characters get the crap end of the stick with SS4 Vegeta, and Rose's passive is wasted, no?

Skii

Still find it funny that SSB Goku is better than SSBKK now. All the people that went big on the SSBKK banner... All for nothing.

Well I guess that's one way of looking at it.

If Bamco is smart, the SSJ4 banners will be full of crap outside of the new god cards and people will still spend like hell to get them, and then spend some more on other returning banners to try and build a team.

I'm expecting it to be GT exclusive units only. There's enough of them to split into 2 banners as banner units.

MisterMac

If you have a mono team already I think there is no reason to pull on Rosé or Blue. Running an SSJ4 on a Vegito Blue team means missing out on 240% to all stats. It would be a colossal waste.

Rosé also doesn't benefit from SSJ4 Vegeta's leader skill so you are better off running an easier to get Super AGL units like SSJ Brohan or even SSJ2 GT Goku. Godku as well benefits tremendously.

For global p2p or f2p players I think waiting til July to summon makes a ton of sense. Getting an SSJ4 will let you beast mode through all older Dokkan events(the video shows SSJ4 Goku OHKO FP Frieza). You can fill your teams out when the older characters appear on other banners with an Elder Kai bonus or a discount multi.

Edit: the defense of "you will always be waiting to summon the new hotness" doesn't really hold water for me. Cards like Vegito(and the other gods), Gogeta, and the SSJ4s buy you time at being able to tackle new content easily/as it comes. Unless you are the type who spends on every banner it makes a lot of sense to hoard stones for these major meta pieces. It's also one of the few benefits of Global, knowing the future and being able to spend and save stones wisely

Tldr: If you want to use a relevant team that can tackle new content I think waiting for SSJ4 is the best use of your stones/money. You can always summon Rosé or Vegito Blue later, after you have secured an SSJ4 that will enable you to beat the new events as they come.

Meneses

Still find it funny that SSB Goku is better than SSBKK now. All the people that went big on the SSBKK banner... All for nothing.

I haven't really checked the differences between them now, but the funny thing is that I went semi-big trying to get SSBKK and actually got SSB Goku instead lol.

MisterMac

What makes SSBKK so comparatively bad, now?

SSBKK gets a flat 10k attack/def stats. So for SSBKK with a dual SSJ4 Vegeta lead he would get 240% all stats and 10k attack and defense on top.

Then take a card who has a % buff like SSB Goku. He gets his 240% stat increase from the leader skill, the raises his attack by a further % buff(I forgot what it is) on top of that. So the math works out that his % buff after you factor in leader skills is higher than SSBKKs 10k

When you favor that in that, SSBKKs turn limit which becomes more problematic as fights get longer, and that he eats hp to super, SSB Goku begins to edge him out

Kitoro

SSBKK gets a flat 10k attack/def stats. So for SSBKK with a dual Vegito lead he would get 240% all stats and 10k attack and defense on top.

Then take a card who has a % buff like SSB Goku. He gets his 240% stat increase from the leader skill, the raises his attack by a further % buff(I forgot what it is) on top of that. So the math works out that his % buff after you factor in leader skills is higher than SSBKKs 10k

When you favor that in that, SSBKKs turn limit which becomes more problematic as fights get longer, and that he eats hp to super, SSB Goku begins to edge him out

Ahhh, gotcha. Though SSBKK Goku's passive gives 20k to his Attack, not 10k.

MisterMac

Ahhh, gotcha. Though SSBKK Goku's passive gives 20k to his Attack, not 10k.

I don't have him :( so I only recalled his pre-dokkan stats. Either way the New Gods make flat number buffs weaker than percent based. But I wouldn't fret he's still a fantastic card who will hardly become unusable

Kitoro

I don't have him :( so I only recalled his pre-dokkan stats. Either way the New Gods make flat number buffs weaker than percent based. But I wouldn't fret he's still a fantastic card who will hardly become unusable

Ahhh, okay!

By my math:

SSB Goku's Attack Stat with dual SS4 Vegeta leads: 41,011

SSBKK Goku's Attack Stat with Dual SS4 Vegeta Leads: 42,320

That said, SSB Goku will fare better in longer fights, but aren't SSBKK Goku's links are much better? That could make up the difference.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Ahhh, okay!

By my math:

SSB Goku's Attack Stat with dual SS4 Vegeta leads: 41,011

SSBKK Goku's Attack Stat with Dual SS4 Vegeta Leads: 42,320

That said, SSB Goku will fare better in longer fights, but aren't SSBKK Goku's links are much better? That could make up the difference.
Just remember to keep the 5% health loss on Super in mind for SSBKK.

I mean, at the end of the day he's still a nuker as well. He might not be the most useful for straight stat boosting anymore, but I'd bet he still hits like a freaking truck on his special attack.

Tamanon

Banned
Global, you can't save for every event. I mean, it's constantly going to be better and better stuff. That's the nature of the beast.

I'm done grinding Dokkan events for now. Not going to do the Golden Frieza event until I can Dokkan my Ult Gohan and Vegito/Super Vegito. Just too much of a slog!

So, facing GF, and he goes 2 attacks first, then me, then 3 attacks after my first unit. Awww yeah, LET'S DO THIS! -puts SV and waits-
1: Normal, counter
2: Normal, counter
Me: super
3: Normal, counter
4: Normal, counter
5:...SUPER MWUAHAHAHAH
GODDAMMIT! Can they just let us know which attack will super so we don't waste our time? God.

Edit: So, 5 counters, and a Dokkan(missing one of the hits) from TUR SV using orange orbs takes 2 and 3/4 bars from TEQ GF lol.

DarkHeartedKill said:
GODDAMMIT! Can they just let us know which attack will super so we don't waste our time? God.

They really, really should. There's no point not doing it since they clearly have no intention of patching out the reload "exploit". And now we're getting someone who counters supers, so prepare for even more reloading.

Pull on the banners i say to you guys. Whats the point of having 2000 stones if you never end up using them for months. The thrill of pulling a good card and completing your team is the joy of dokkan battle for me personally.

In the end a single pull could get you a ssj4 so what would it end up accomplishing? Lol

Almost done with Whis SA farming for AGL. Need to so teq but the event is gonna end soon so ill have to leave it for next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom