• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest 6 DS |OT| of Tax-Free 2DS Valentine's Slime Curling

Chairhome

The_Squirrel_Menace said:
One reason? LA : Noire.
What? Wrong thread?

---------

Man. I called GS today again and I keep getting the same girl. She must be tired of me asking. "Its not street dated but we're just waiting for it to come in. Its still not in, sorry"

Bollocks. Oh well. I finished Ghost Trick and now my DSi is patiently awaiting this game!

mjc

I got a voicemail from my GS and they said they haven't gotten it either. Apparently they don't see it on incoming shipments either. Weird. I thought it was coming out tomorrow anyways so I'm not worried.

Ugh, the Amazon product page says 2-4 week estimate. My order from early January still says estimated delivery of February 17th though, so I hope that is right. This reminds me of Golden Sun's launch on Amazon. :(

ghibli99

Easystride said:
Ugh, the Amazon product page says 2-4 week estimate. My order from early January still says estimated delivery of February 17th tough, so I hope that is right. This reminds me of Golden Sun's launch on Amazon. :(
WTF... I just checked mine (I preordered the day it was available), and it looks like my delivery estimate is somewhere between the 21st and 28th. Fail. :(

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I'm still listed as "Delivery Estimate: February 17, 2011."

But then again, I've had a pre-order in for almost a year now (same order I pre-ordered IX with).

About to go to a few stores to see if they have it.

Gonna go check nearby K-mart if copies of DQ5 have reappeared and maybe get that instead . Should have picked one(or two) up when they had a bunch of them a few months ago. :(

Wonder if DQ characters will ever cross over to the KH world...

Loto

I am not understanding the release date. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has it at the 14th. Should be available today. Seems like a few gamestops have their shipment. It's annoying cause I'm off today and I want to play. Lol

turnbuckle

Pre-ordered months ago from amazon, still hasn't shipped. Says Feb 17th is when I should get it though. Next time I'll just go to Gamestop :(

Raw64life

I pre-ordered on Amazon January 8th and I still have the February 17th delivery estimate so hopefully I'm safe from the back order. I'll have Marvel vs. Capcom 3 to hold me over until then so I don't mind the extra couple of days.

Oxx

Yeah, VG+ say they have shipped my copy.

Looks like my prediction of DQ arriving before Inazuma 11 will come true.

Hobbun

Loto said:
I am not understanding the release date. I'm pretty sure Nintendo has it at the 14th. Should be available today. Seems like a few gamestops have their shipment. It's annoying cause I'm off today and I want to play. Lol

The official release date most times ends up being the ship date for Gamestop. And the in-store date would be the next day. In this case, tomorrow.

I am hoping I will get my phone call from Ashley tonight letting me know it will be in tomorrow.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
isny said:
Seems to be a few used copies available around here for $40, worth picking up? (V)
Wait, are they $40 at GS? I saw that they were ~$30 but that was the online price. I'm planning on reselling it after I finish it.

mjc

Fantastical said:
Wait, are they $40 at GS? I saw that they were ~$30 but that was the online price. I'm planning on reselling it after I finish it.

V retailed at $40 since it was still published by Square. I wouldn't count on reprints either from the looks of things. Check out your local TRUs or Kmarts if you want to find a copy.

tim.mbp

Hobbun said:
The official release date most times ends up being the ship date for Gamestop. And the in-store date would be the next day. In this case, tomorrow.

This is what my local Gamestop said. Shipped today, in-store tomorrow. They did get the plush and strategy guide today though.

jluedtke

Same situation at my GameStop. Nothing there and no idea when it's coming. He called the GS across town and they said the same thing.

Awesome...

gblues

Banned
I tried to pick it up today, and the guy at GS said that the 14th had changed to a "ship date" and they're expecting it to arrive tomorrow. Walmart didn't have it either. :( Thanks for ruining my Valentine's Day plans, Nintendo!

Loto

gblues said:
I tried to pick it up today, and the guy at GS said that the 14th had changed to a "ship date" and they're expecting it to arrive tomorrow. Walmart didn't have it either. :( Thanks for ruining my Valentine's Day plans, Nintendo!

This. Just called my Gamestop, they said the same thing. Today is the ship date, should be in tomorrow. They did mention a delay, sounds like it should have been in today though.

Usually its a ship Tuesday in stores Wednesday scenario for games at my GS, but I was hoping since some stores got it early that all stores would have it and just sell it Monday.

Fantastical

Death Prophet
Picked up Dragon Quest V for $34.99. The lady at Gamestop didn't think they had the case, but then they found it... thank god. :)
But then they said they didn't have the booklet. Walked out the door, the woman stopped me saying she found the manual.

Good day. :) Hopefully I'll make it to this game eventually.

Walked into Gamestop today, asked the clerk about it. He said they'd be in tomorrow. But they were still taking reserves today.

So while I didn't get the game today, I did get my slime plushie.

u8tx3.jpg

Solune

DidntKnowJack said:
Walked into Gamestop today, asked the clerk about it. He said they'd be in tomorrow. But they were still taking reserves today.

So while I didn't get the game today, I did get my slime plushie.

u8tx3.jpg

Damnit, I ordered mine on the 7th and they didn't ship mine with the plushie. They took it out before confirming the shipment, getting my money back Gamestop.

Skimmed through the 1up review. The difficulty the reviewer mentions is intimidating me. Bosses that can kill you with one or two hits? YIKES! The hardest among the DQ games on the DS.

It's still worth getting, but I get the feeling that this game will kick my behind! I foresee tons of grinding!

Edgeward

Oh God, my GS status is backordered. =( At this point all I care is that it ships with a plushie, or else I will be getting my money back. Only goddamn reason I ordered from GS, ffs.

Solune said:
Damnit, I ordered mine on the 7th and they didn't ship mine with the plushie. They took it out before confirming the shipment, getting my money back Gamestop.
I'm a bit worried about this.

I pre-ordered my copy a month ago, a day or two after the slime plush bonus was announced. I also ordered Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Tactics Ogre, and the pre-order bonuses for those games are listed separately from the game on the order, but there is no mention of the slime plush.

I really hope I get it still, it's the whole reason I pre-ordered it. Anyone else's Gamestop order the same?

Solune

Edgeward said:
Oh God, my GS status is backordered. =( At this point all I care is that it ships with a plushie, or else I will be getting my money back. Only goddamn reason I ordered from GS, ffs.
Damn, hope you get your's Edge.
Gunloc said:
I'm a bit worried about this.

I pre-ordered my copy a month ago, a day or two after the slime plush bonus was announced. I also ordered Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Tactics Ogre, and the pre-order bonuses for those games are listed separately from the game on the order, but there is no mention of the slime plush.

I really hope I get it still, it's the whole reason I pre-ordered it. Anyone else's Gamestop order the same?
Hope you get your's as well Gunloc, especially since you ordered early.

I definitely would've preordered it earlier had I known about it. It really sucks that Gamestop.ca wasn't offering it. Although I thought I saw someone in this thread or another thread say they got one from the EB/GS they were working at in Canada.

Will be getting DQVI regardless but I want my slimes! There can never be enough. SE US really needs to add the Slime plushies to their catalogue to rectify this problem.

larvi

Edgeward said:

Mine is backordered too. This really stinks, how can a pre-order be on back-order?

Edit - Just called customer service and they said it really isn't backordered and is ready to ship out today with the bonus. I really hope so.

Hobbun

Just got off the phone with the store manager at my local GS, he said he is assuming the plushie will be coming in with the game today.

Hope he’s right.

ghibli99

Wow, stores all over town (not just Gamestop) are saying the game is backordered, with shipments expected anywhere from 5 days to 4 weeks out. :( My Amazon preorder is still just sitting there. I'm a patient person, but I'm starting to get annoyed...

Hobbun

ghibli99 said:
Wow, stores all over town (not just Gamestop) are saying the game is backordered, with shipments expected anywhere from 5 days to 4 weeks out. :( My Amazon preorder is still just sitting there. I'm a patient person, but I'm starting to get annoyed...

Strange. I received the automated phone call from GS last night letting me know it would be in today, and when calling this morning, the manager said the game was due in their shipment for today.

Yes! My Amazon order has moved to the "Shipping Soon" status. Glad it didn't get delayed like my Golden Sun DS order. It should arrive on Thursday, so it's going to be a good weekend!

For reference, I ordered Dragon Quest VI on January 10th, 2011.

Top Bottom