• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 |OT| Pawnworld

Chuck Berry

Gold Member
I'm ok with the frame rate as long as it is only like this in the cities where combat isn't happening.

If I ever needed a reminder as to why I hate 30fps, I'll just find a city in DD2. That'll do it.

So out in the wild is it a pretty ok 30?

Kacho

Gold Member
how do you do it? so far it only happened by chance/accident to me.
I dunno. Seems like it has a chance to trigger, but not always. Just walk by your pawns after a fight and pray.

Edit: it's the satisfying slap sound that makes is so good. Love little touches like that in games.

I think the sound team that worked on MHW also worked on this. It has similar crisp sound effects. Top notch stuff.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
You can destroy rocks by hitting them. This goes for rolling rocks like the ones in DD1, but also rocks that serve as "secret walls" of sorts.

Anyone actually using the "superior weapons" set? I always avoid using these preorder boosts as I want the pure experience of earning my way. The shop where I acquired my PS5 copy just sent me a code, but I'm hesitant to use it. I see it just puts the items in your chest, so you aren't forced to use them. I'll probably just save the code in case I decide to sell the game someday.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Anyone actually using the "superior weapons" set? I always avoid using these preorder boosts as I want the pure experience of earning my way. The shop where I acquired my PS5 copy just sent me a code, but I'm hesitant to use it. I see it just puts the items in your chest, so you aren't forced to use them. I'll probably just save the code in case I decide to sell the game someday.
I’ll take them off your hands, lol

Topher

Gold Member

Eh....if a game gives me better weapons than I already have then I'll use them. There are going to be plenty of opportunities to "earn" weapon upgrades. So yeah.....currently equiped with the "Superior" set.

Freeman76

They arent that special so I wouldnt worry about it too much, they give a slight boost but I can already buy better items and im only just at the capital city.

The map seems pretty big, I've seen people who complete the game in under 15 hours so I'm hoping there is a lot of side content and really keeping my fingers crossed for some kind of engame, the first one was really lacking in that until the expansion dropped

Lux R7

Loving the sense of adventure

53603695736_aaa3832595_o.png

Yerd

Does anyone know how to activate a response to the pawns saying "there's a chest I discovered in another wold nearby." I have not figured out how to get them to show me. That and pawn quests. How do I create a pawn quest?

What I have noticed is you can get a quest from an npc that doesn't appear to be any different from other npcs. I saw the text over a guy's head and it sounded like something needed doing. If I hadn't read the text I'm not sure how you would recognize him as a quest giver.

Maybe the minimap has a * ! *. I did not check. I was exploring some ruins and saw 2 * ! *. One turned out to be a token and the other was a gem.

pro tip, don't throw away rotten shit just because you can't eat it anymore, you can actually combine it with other rotten stuff (I think meat+fruit) to create lantern oil.

Had BennyBlanco BennyBlanco pawn actually learn some new stuff, she was all like 'wow, can't wait to tell my master about this' lol.
Made my pawn a warrior finally, so if anyone rented her, you might want to dismiss and rent again.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
My pawn sounds a bit like a retard, hope I can chage his voice once I reach the city or something.

xVodevil

I'm ok with the frame rate as long as it is only like this in the cities where combat isn't happening.

If I ever needed a reminder as to why I hate 30fps, I'll just find a city in DD2. That'll do it.
Yeah well.. this is some serious business here to destroy 7800X3D like that :messenger_tears_of_joy:
Anyway, same here since the rest of the game is pretty fine in the wild and no stutters either, I can live with it.. Still pretty wild though to experience such a huge gap there

Whoever said the PS5 performance is “ghastly” is straight up trolling.

Playing this on my Sony a95k OLED and it looks and feels fantastic. I’m trying to figure out how to display the refresh rate, but the mode switch convinces me this is actually running in 120hz mode.

Edit: double checked. It is running in 60hz VRR mode. I think the mode switch is VRR triggering on the TV.

The game runs like any other narrative drive game: horizon, uncharted, god of war… any other PS4 or PS5 game in fidelity mode. Seems fine. I don’t even see the expected OLED judder from lower frame rates. Must be some sort of motion blur at work.

Last edited:

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I am playing on PS5. I don't know what to think of the graphics and frame rate so far. I have a platinum trophy for the original DD on PS3 and I found that game visually spectacular.

shubik

Whoever said the PS5 performance is “ghastly” is straight up trolling.

Playing this on my Sony a95k OLED and it looks and feels fantastic. I’m trying to figure out how to display the refresh rate, but the mode switch convinces me this is actually running in 120hz mode.

The game runs like any other narrative drive game: horizon, uncharted, god of war… any other PS4 or PS5 game in fidelity mode. Seems fine. I don’t even see the expected OLED judder from lower frame rates. Must be some sort of motion blur at work.
Good to hear. But to be fair with your comparisons: All those games offer a performance mode that runs at locked 60fps on PS5. And they all look significantly better than this game.

TintoConCasera

Stuff glitching through the shield. Why Capcom, WHYYYYYYYYYYY?? It's 2024 come on!

Dragons_Dogma_2_Screenshot_2024.03.22_-_16.31.33.16.png

Oh No Reaction GIF by BrownSugarApp
Glad I'm not the only one that thinks this is maximum shit. Currently not wearing the cape to avoid being triggered.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
They were better than the starter weapons, but I found better weapons only about an hour after I first got them.

KàIRóS

Does anyone know how to activate a response to the pawns saying "there's a chest I discovered in another wold nearby." I have not figured out how to get them to show me. That and pawn quests. How do I create a pawn quest?

You have to press Up on the D-pad and give the "Go" command and the pawn will guide you to the chest.

Pawn quests can be set on Riftstones on the Rift menu.

Kings Field

playing on series x and haven’t had any real issues besides the city. In the middle of combat I don’t notice the performance issues but I am playing as a mage so that might be why. The city is clunky.

Hopefully they put a patch out eventually for performance but so far this is what I dreamed of in regards to DD.

TintoConCasera

The only thing I really HATE is how they made the button for picking stuff up be the same as the one for running. Makes me run like a tard more often than not without wamting to.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
The only thing I really HATE is how they made the button for picking stuff up be the same as the one for running. Makes me run like a tard more often than not without wamting to.

Kacho Kacho found a workaround....

Controls>Button Mapping>Set to 'Examine' Only>Yes
will remove the shared functionality of Sprint alongside Pick Up/Examine/Hail/etc, and only use your primary sprint button keybind for sprinting.

R6Rider

Gold Member
What's the general consensus on DLSS and FSR in this game? I'm thinking of turning if off if the performance gain isn't that much. Currently at 1440p resolution, but the scaling doesn't look good. Also what about the scaling sharpness?

Might even be better off lowering to 1080p (playing on 1440p monitor).

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
What's the general consensus on DLSS and FSR in this game? I'm thinking of turning if off if the performance gain isn't that much. Currently at 1440p resolution, but the scaling doesn't look good. Also what about the scaling sharpness?

Might even be better off lowering to 1080p (playing on 1440p monitor).

I turned off DLSS, maxed out sharpness (because everything seemed blurry), left RT on, still running 4K. So far, what I'm seeing is that none of the stuff that usually improves frame rate is actually improving frame rate. Doesn't do any harm turning it off either. So I'm going for best image quality until they patch this stuff as it doesn't make sense not to at this point.

TintoConCasera

Any way to make my pawn consume a golden trove beetle?

The game probably has the worst map I've ever seen.
Think that might be on purpose, to make you explore instead of rely on the map. I've noticed I barely look at it, unlike in many other open world games were it was almost mandatory to use.

Kings Field

If anyone else is playing on series x, make sure VRR is turned on and set to 120. Game is really smooth that way, at least in the open. The city is still janky but it really does help in the open world.

Top Bottom