• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

MiguelItUp

Well now if you lookat the Doc's twitter profile he's added a link for his youtube page......
Well, they ARE still housing his content. So I wouldn't get too excited about it. However, if he's able to continue to stream after whatever happened/he did, him going to YouTube does seem the most logical. Unless something new came around. I feel like even if Doc got his ban lifted, he wouldn't go back to Twitch after everything that's happened.

Scotty W

Banned
I watched his last few minutes, and I wondered why he said “That’s not even me.”

His silence is very strange. But that one sentence makes it sound like someone has evidence of him doing something illegal.

M_A_C

He may also have been charged with an offence and now has conditions to follow such as not being on a computer or on the internet, hence why he can’t post anything.
Depending on the crime, Twitch may also want to just clear his link to them from existence...

This is so dumb... He's been seen logging into CoD and on his discord. People jumping to these types of conclusions with no real idea what they are talking about.

yurinka

ye that seems the most plausible and their big competitor mixer also closed shop, which doc was planning to go to before the twitch deal. this is def to chop the contract down and pay him less.
Was mixer a big competitor? I thought they always had shit numbers outside the big names that were there because of being moneyhatted. I don't know what numbers had this guy, but I assume that if very big he'll move to Youtube or Facebook gaming if has issues with Twitch.

I assume that if he has been permabanned and silent for all this time it must be because they have some important issue in the court, so can't talk about it. I assume that if the ban would have been some random dumb minor reason he would have just ranted and moved to other platform. If they are in the court, I assume it's because one of the parts wanted to break their relationship and the other wants it to continue. I mean, maybe Twitch banned him for some reason he finds it unfair so sent them to court, or maybe Twitch found he was negotiating with another platform and sued him if he had some kind of contract with Twitch.

Skullkid94700

Neo Member
For Twitch to erase him from existence and pay off all his subs while never speaking a word about him since, could it be possible that whatever issue Doc is having actually has Twitch possibly implicated too? And that's why both parties are happy to be completely dead silent about it?

I was thinking about this earlier today, could it be a DMCA violation? Maybe the Recording Industry Association of America (The RIAA) who issued those DMCA's to Twitch might have issued more to the Doc to make an example of him. Not really too farfetched seeing as most people in the recording industry including bands, roadies, and technicians are being hurt badly by the pandemic.

Just a thought, but if thats the case, Twitch would want to keep this on the DL just incase the copyright holders that issued the DMCA Violation want to settle outside of court.

TheContact

I was thinking about this earlier today, could it be a DMCA violation? Maybe the Recording Industry Association of America (The RIAA) who issued those DMCA's to Twitch might have issued more to the Doc to make an example of him. Not really too farfetched seeing as most people in the recording industry including bands, roadies, and technicians are being hurt badly by the pandemic.

Just a thought, but if thats the case, Twitch would want to keep this on the DL just incase the copyright holders that issued the DMCA Violation want to settle outside of court.

This makes the most sense except why is it such a big secret. People get DCMA'd all the time and the bans are never ambiguous.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
For Twitch to erase him from existence and pay off all his subs while never speaking a word about him since, could it be possible that whatever issue Doc is having actually has Twitch possibly implicated too? And that's why both parties are happy to be completely dead silent about it?

My theory from earlier in the thread is that it could be some illegal activity involving Twitch employees, and potentially involving Discord.

Skullkid94700

Neo Member
This makes the most sense except why is it such a big secret. People get DCMA'd all the time and the bans are never ambiguous.

It could be that they went to Amazon directly, so all this secrecy is because Amazon is having to deal with this situation; which to some could seem like an overreach and would piss off a lot of people on Twitter (which, is going to happen anyways).

Or Twitch is trying to come up with their official stance for the Violations. It could change everything from your average streamer who uses Spotify or Pandora on their stream, to Karaoke streams (lol, these were bad anyways), to streaming music games like Guitar Hero.

Just a theory. And since we don't know anything, all we can do is guess.

Woo-Fu

Banned
It's probably 100% contractual. If it was any sort of moral/criminal wrongdoing on the part of a man one of the blue hairs at twitch would have leaked it all over social media by now.

Gp1

This is probably something between Twitch and Dr disrespect exclusively, and they lawyered up. If it was anything related to another third party, (DMCA, Dr. changing platform, something criminal related, etc.) This would already been leaked.

Mishandling donation money is a good theory...

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

So we still don't know?
Nope. Though there have been murmurs recently saying that we'll know more about within "the next two months." 🤷‍♂️

Mentioned it had nothing to do with him going to another platform or Twitch finding out about another platform. That it is indeed something that could be considered law breaking. All this was loosely mentioned yesterday when Hasan had Slasher on his stream to talk about it briefly.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It's probably 100% contractual. If it was any sort of moral/criminal wrongdoing on the part of a man one of the blue hairs at twitch would have leaked it all over social media by now.
If it was contractual they would have told him.

My guess is that it's something illegal and/or bad enough that it would damage Twitch's brand so they'd rather just cut ties and move on. I have heard stories like this before where someone high up in a company gets caught doing something heinous, so they "let him resign" or whatever and don't contact police because it's better for everyone involved (except, of course, the victims).

Woo-Fu

Banned
If it was contractual they would have told him.
The simple fact that he himself hasn't tweeted anything since means he knows exactly what is going on.

Go back and look how he worded that last tweet. He didn't say he didn't know, he said Twitch had not notified him of the specific reason, at that time.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Beahm maintains he still doesn’t know why Twitch effectively voided his contract, just a few months into a two-year exclusivity arrangement first reported by The Verge.

“Honestly, we just don’t know,” Beahm told The Post. “It was a total shock. Imagine showing up to work and the doors are closed and you can’t get inside. You’re going, ‘What’s going on?’ And you’ve been told you’ve been fired. But you haven’t been told the reason why. We just weren’t given an answer. … It was the worst feeling.”

ManaByte

Gold Member
Yeah I don't believe that. As much as I despise the organisation behind twitch surely not even they would stoop that low just to ban someone? I mean at least they'd put it under a blanket statement like Era does? :messenger_grinning_sweat:

The theory that they banned him to not pay out his contact is starting to sound a lot more plausible now.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
They probably have a valid cause.
Something criminal.
They have a cause. They're just not putting it out in the open.

Typically, in order to cancel a contract with cause (TOS violation), notification to other party must occur. Cancellation without cause can occur, but usually results in a penalty of some sort. Likely Twitch will be paying out to Doc for a period of time or maybe a lump sum is paid out. It will all depend on what the parties negotiated. Additionally, there may be an exclusivity period which may be why the Doc is not streaming anywhere.

Either Doc is lying about not being notified (doubtful, as it now opens him to lawsuit) or Twitch voided and has not notified Doc. I lean toward the latter as Twitch is refusing to comment tot he press beyond the previous "TOS violation" statement.

Skullkid94700

Neo Member
They have a cause. They're just not putting it out in the open.

Agreed. I still think that it might have come down from Amazon or from high up in Twitch though. Usually the Twitch ship leaks; and badly. If its because of his last stream, as the Washington Post article said it might be, we would have heard about it by now. Thats a PR move that Twitch would love. There is something else we cant see here.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
They probably have a valid cause.
Something criminal.
This is not criminal. Everything about that interview screams contract dispute.

If you read that PC Gamer interview its obvious his legal team doesn't want him to talk about any speculation, even his own as they are going to sue the shit out of twitch and don't want to do anything that could jeopardize that.

If this was criminal he would not be making plans for the future.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

This is not criminal. Everything about that interview screams contract dispute.
How in the world does this scream contract dispute?

Twitch:

"As is our process, we take appropriate action when we have evidence that a streamer has acted in violation of our Community Guidelines or Terms of Service. These apply to all streamers regardless of status or prominence in the community.”

3 weeks later.. Dr D in an interview claims he still has no clue why he has banned, he nor his team have spoken with Twitch.

That's not a contract dispute.. Twitch claims he violated their community guidelines OR TOS vaguely. Dr D goes silent for weeks.. then has this "vetted by his legal team" interview where he says basically nothing. There's something going on and it's not a contract dispute.

Last edited:

Daffy Duck

Sure, and I want to talk about that. But first, you did recently ruffle a few feathers after sharing a video during a stream of Dr. Thomas Cowen, and he was talking about some coronavirus theories. You've been open recently and sharing some of your own thoughts about coronavirus and even relating it to things like 5G networks. Even on your last stream, you were talking about David Ike and his documentary. I'm curious, in bringing up those thoughts—and I think it's okay to call them controversial—did that ever result in Twitch saying anything to you or warning you?

No.

So you don't think that might be the cause?

I don't think so. In fact, I—

Beahm's publicist: We're getting really close to dangerous territory here. So, you know, Doc, we don't know why Twitch banned him, and there is no formal warnings or reprimand on record. That's all legal is going to let him say.

That quote from the interview in interesting!

I am so in for Doc 3.0 though, the return will be 🔥🔥🔥

Last edited:

Skullkid94700

Neo Member

Twitch:

3 weeks later.. Dr D in an interview claims he still has no clue why he has banned, he nor his team have spoken with Twitch.

That's not a contract dispute.. Twitch claims he violated their community guidelines OR TOS vaguely. Dr D goes silent for weeks.. then has this "vetted by his legal team" interview where he says basically nothing. There's something going on and it's not a contract dispute.

Its possible that its TOS, but wouldnt Twitch have stated that already? And if it was, wouldnt they have stated what specific thing he violated? Its a golden opportunity to stomp out whatever TOS violation it was, website wide. Unless it was a huge grey area, a TOS violation would put the Doc at fault. The fact that they arent using this as a PR moment means either they told him he was getting banned and the lawsuit went out before they could state it publicly, or its something that isnt public knowledge yet.

IntentionalPun

Its possible that its TOS, but wouldnt Twitch have stated that already? And if it was, wouldnt they have stated what specific thing he violated? Its a golden opportunity to stomp out whatever TOS violation it was, website wide. Unless it was a huge grey area, a TOS violation would put the Doc at fault. The fact that they arent using this as a PR moment means either they told him he was getting banned and the lawsuit went out before they could state it publicly, or its something that isnt public knowledge yet.
They did... I literally just quoted Twitch on the situation. They put out that vague statement about Dr. D.

And yes, under normal situations we quickly know what the thing is.

Twitch in this scenario is saying absolutely nothing. That to me screams this is a legal issue, something they contacted law enforcement about and their legal team told them to keep quiet about (and the Police would ask the same of you if you reported something they wanted to investigate.)

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog

Twitch:

Yes it does. Twitch gave doc a big contract to keep him from going to mixer dispite the fact they HATE him (Twitch are massive SJWs). A few days after mixer dissolves doc is banned. Coincidence?

The SJWs at Twitch finally had the cover to ban Doc for breaking their "TOS" as they didn't need to fight Mixer anymore. They wont say what he did as that would open them up to legal action. As long as its just "Breaking the TOS" they could possible win a court case.

If it was a law enforcement thing or sexual harassment there would be leaks. If you know anything about lawyers, when money is involved that is when everything will be locked up tight.

Also, notice in the interview "WHERE" the legal assistant breaks in. Its during the speculation on Doc saying something on stream that got him banned. I believe twitch banned him for talking about David Icke but don't want to tell him that because they would get sued to oblivion. I also don't believe Twitch ever has to say why they banned him.

Last edited:

dorkimoe

Yes it does. Twitch gave doc a big contract to keep him from going to mixer dispite the fact they HATE him (Twitch are massive SJWs). A few days after mixer dissolves doc is banned. Coincidence?

The SJWs at Twitch finally had the cover to ban Doc for breaking their "TOS" as they didn't need to fight Mixer anymore. They wont say what he did as that would open them up to legal action. As long as its just "Breaking the TOS" they could possible win a court case.

If it was a law enforcement thing or sexual harassment there would be leaks. If you know anything about lawyers, when money is involved that is when everything will be locked up tight.

Also, notice in the interview "WHERE" the legal assistant breaks in. Its during the speculation on Doc saying something on stream that got him banned. I believe twitch banned him for talking about David Icke but don't want to tell him that because they would get sued to oblivion.
This. We would have heard about it through the legal process if it was a crime committed. Contracts are setup to protect the company generally, not the employee. He basically was an employee he worked for them. They no longer needed his service. Dig through the TOS and I bet you could find one he broke that would void the contract.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
This. We would have heard about it through the legal process if it was a crime committed. Contracts are setup to protect the company generally, not the employee. He basically was an employee he worked for them. They no longer needed his service. Dig through the TOS and I bet you could find one he broke that would void the contract.
He broke the TOS constantly. Doc is more of a normie, and def not an SJW (He is totally not PC). He is a conspiracy dude with controversial opinions that would easily be cause to reprimand or ban him. Twitch has wanted him gone for A LONG time. Hell they could ban him for the Chinese voice he used to do. We all know there is no statute of limitations to protect you from your past.

Last edited:

Drewpee

Banned
The theory that they banned him to not pay out his contact is starting to sound a lot more plausible now.

I do not follow game streaming closely so when I heard about this story my first thought was they were just reacting to Mixer closing down and cutting ties with someone they clearly did not like.

He avoided that question regarding sexual allegations which was not needed if he wasnt legally obligated so he's most likely being accused of rape or worse by probably those girls when he cheated on his wife. Just my 2 cents.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Lol doc aint no conspiracy dude
In doc's last stream he was talking about 5G and corona-virus. IE the conspiracy theory that 5g is causing people to get sick. He is also really really really into the alien conspiracy and well as everything alien.

He is a conspiracy dude.

He avoided that question regarding sexual allegations which was not needed if he wasnt legally obligated so he's most likely being accused of rape or worse by probably those girls when he cheated on his wife. Just my 2 cents.
He avoided all speculation. Why go to the absolute worse thing? Unless of coarse you have a bone to pick with the doc?

Last edited:
There is a 0% chance he doesnt know why he was banned. LOL. They wont burn their biggest streamer without even giving a reason. Small time streamers get told what they did wrong.

My guess is he is just setting up Twitch to be the assholes in this so that his fans stay loyal.

Edit I aint even a hater. I thought he was great in There will be blood. But lets be honest, he knows why he got got.

Last edited:

Tomeru

There is a 0% chance he doesnt know why he was banned. LOL. They wont burn their biggest streamer without even giving a reason. Small time streamers get told what they did wrong.

My guess is he is just setting up Twitch to be the assholes in this so that his fans stay loyal.

Edit I aint even a hater. I thought he was great in There will be blood. But lets be honest, he knows why he got got.

I'd say its legal. He mentions financials and such, so I can understand him not saying anything.

Top Bottom