• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

In doc's last stream he was talking about 5G and corona-virus. IE the conspiracy theory that 5g is causing people to get sick. He is also really really really into the alien conspiracy and well as everything alien.

He is a conspiracy dude.

He avoided all speculation. Why go to the absolute worse thing? Unless of coarse you have a bone to pick with the doc?

I'm speculating. Why would I have a bone to pick with him lmao? I love the doc. He's the only streamer I watch. I'm just saying this makes more sense than anything I heard, especially considering all the twitch allegations that came out recently. The difference here is that the Doc also has a contract with Amazon and not just Twitch itself(yes I know tiwtch is owned by Amazon) which is why things are what they are right now. Also calm down my dude. Everyone here is speculating including you. No need to act defensively lol.

Last edited:

TheContact

The only thing that makes sense about the silence is that it's a legal issue and they can't talk about a pending investigation.

This is how contract disputes work, though. No one says anything to avoid having something that could be misconstrued or taken out of context, potentially admitting fault. He can’t say “ah man, I shouldn’t have done this or that” because whatever TOS Twitch claims he violated would his case against them would be immediately invalidated. The same is true for Twitch. Their legal team won’t allow anything past the blanket statement to avoid giving contract lawyers anything to grasp onto in their complaint. If the Doc was in legal trouble for anything personal or outside of the likely claimed breach of contract, you’d already know about it.

Last edited:

TheContact

I thought our legal system was replaced by the new judge and jury called Twitter.

If Twitch is the only one who knows about it, and they aren't telling Doc as he says, I doubt they're gonna leak it .

On a side note,
From the article:
Beahm said he learned the news while watching a friend’s stream on Twitch. He noticed that some of the features normally available to him as a creator were not present and sent an email to Twitch.

Is this a reference to his last stream, where he watched Roblox and seemed off?

edit: nvm, he says him going out of character was regarding covid and such.

Last edited:

AGRacing

I believe in you Doc!!

I also believe these "personalities" that have suddenly become bank vaults are completely full of shit.

Grinchy

Banned
If you knew you had done something legally wrong and got fired for it, would you go and do interviews and say you have no idea what happened? It seems like the kind of thing that would blow up in your face pretty hard the second the truth came out.

I am almost just starting to believe twitch saw an opportunity to save some money and dump the non-SJW character they never liked who has been getting too much attention. He constantly calls himself the face of twitch and twitch does not want that to be their face.

Last edited:

yurinka

So he still doesn't know the reason of why Twitch banned him and can't talk about some topics? Speculating, I have no idea but I'd say there are two main options:
1) Some user made some -probably false- big accusation report (like sexual misconduct related) and Twitch contacted the police, so they can't talk about it because of that. He has no idea of the reason and sued Twitch for banning him without any reason (very likely some weak excuse if they hate him), so can't detail about it because they're probably on court.
2) He was preparing to move somewhere else while having some exclusivity stuff with Twitch, maybe they banned for that and are preparing to sue him but he still hasn't been notified.

Last edited:

TheContact

Doc said his twitch deal was an 8 digit salary, that's at least 10 mill a year. Hot damn. Seems really unlikely he would try to go to another site with that lucrative of a deal.

Last edited:

OutRun88

If you knew you had done something legally wrong and got fired for it, would you go and do interviews and say you have no idea what happened? It seems like the kind of thing that would blow up in your face pretty hard the second the truth came out.

I am almosy just starting to believe twitch saw an opportunity to save some money and dump the non-SJW character they never liked who has been getting too much attention. He constantly calls himself the face of twitch and twitch does not want that to be their face.
People have outright lied to the public about pretty terrible things in the past.

I do think there is a possibility Twitch dropped Doc on some loose clause as breach of contract and the Doc lawyered up to fight it.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

I am almosy just starting to believe twitch saw an opportunity to save some money and dump the non-SJW character they never liked who has been getting too much attention. He constantly calls himself the face of twitch and twitch does not want that to be their face.

I can buy into this. No irony this happened just after the Mixer sale. He was given the contract to keep him from going to Mixer, like the few people they lost to it.

The fact that Twitch said day 1 of dropping it that they are getting their lawyers to look into the deal, it felt like a "responsive and defensive" decision being projected.

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
People have outright lied to the public about pretty terrible things in the past.

I do think there is a possibility Twitch dropped Doc on some loose clause as breach of contract and the Doc lawyered up to fight it.
Sure, it has happened. But is this guy one of those idiots? I have no idea, never met him.

But it's an incredibly stupid move and I doubt the legal representation guiding him through all of his moves here told him it'd be a great idea to go and lie to newspapers in interviews about having done nothing wrong right before news of his supposed criminal acts come to light. If it was that, he'd not be saying any of this IMO.

OutRun88

Sure, it has happened. But is this guy one of those idiots? I have no idea, never met him.

But it's an incredibly stupid move and I doubt the legal representation guiding him through all of his moves here told him it'd be a great idea to go and lie to newspapers in interviews about having done nothing wrong right before news of his supposed criminal acts come to light. If it was that, he'd not be saying any of this IMO.
I agree. He's definitely more intelligent than most probably give him credit for, and he is clearly positioning himself for a return. I thought it was pretty interesting he said he is considering streaming independently on his own site https://championsclub.gg/

Siri

Banned
The problem with operating on someone else’s platform is that they can de-platform you at any time for any reason.

Sam Harris saw what was happening in the world of social media and insulated himself by setting up his own platform. Youtube, Twitch, and Twitter have way too much power.

vpance

Even though he doesn’t think it was the reason, I’d say the conspiracy and corona talk was the final straw.

Uhtred

I am almost just starting to believe twitch saw an opportunity to save some money and dump the non-SJW character they never liked who has been getting too much attention. He constantly calls himself the face of twitch and twitch does not want that to be their face.
This was a money saving opportunity for Twitch. I can see it now. Pure and simple to me.

Dethavin

Neo Member
It's official. Doc will not be returning to Twitch and is looking to start streaming on youtube and or other platforms very soon. Pretty much what happened according to him was he was on a friends stream and then out of nowhere he started getting locked out of his twitch accounts and still to this day has not recieved a explanation as to why. It's believed to be rumored that Twitch severed ties with him due to the crazy amount of money they signed him with 3 months prior at the request of their parent company Amazon.

TheContact

It's official. Doc will not be returning to Twitch and is looking to start streaming on youtube and or other platforms very soon. Pretty much what happened according to him was he was on a friends stream and then out of nowhere he started getting locked out of his twitch accounts and still to this day has not recieved a explanation as to why. It's believed to be rumored that Twitch severed ties with him due to the crazy amount of money they signed him with 3 months prior at the request of their parent company Amazon.

Still no explanation from Twitch =\, it has to be about the amount of money he was getting paid

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Some hard hitting journalism there. Giving Doc some free PR without actually reporting on the real thing everyone wants to know.

Some hard hitting journalism there. Giving Doc some free PR without actually reporting on the real thing everyone wants to know.

Doc is a wannabe wrestler character. He just loves getting attention. Im sure that other than the potentially cancelled contract, hes loving this attention.

Last edited:
Honestly, the more time that goes by, it becomes more and more obvious this is a legal, breach of contract issue in my opinion.

That lends itself to the theory that he was working on something that was a breach of his Twitch contract, whether it be a future streaming gig or something related to his stream that per his contract Twitch would have a right to negotiating for first. I think we won't see something like a "cancel" on him as if it was something that big, we'd know about it by now.

vpance

How crazy was the contract? $10M? $20M? It’s all pennies for Amazon.

Tesseract

Banned

giphy-downsized-large.gif

MMaRsu

In doc's last stream he was talking about 5G and corona-virus. IE the conspiracy theory that 5g is causing people to get sick. He is also really really really into the alien conspiracy and well as everything alien.

He is a conspiracy dude.

He avoided all speculation. Why go to the absolute worse thing? Unless of coarse you have a bone to pick with the doc?

None of that is meant to be taken seriously

5g isnt gonna fry your brain or turn you into a mindless drone, and if anyone truly believes that they should get their heads checked

OutRun88

Some Doc quotes from an interview for those too lazy to read:

Yeah, that's the kind of the mind blowing thing about all of this. Obviously, for legal counsel, I have to be careful here. But I can say however, that I will not be returning to Twitch, so, I mean, that's it.

Uh, well, I mean, I'm trying to take the best and appropriate steps as possible, and there are things behind the scenes in terms from a legal standpoint that, you know, I can't... that's where it's at.

We are considering taking legal action.

dorkimoe

None of that is meant to be taken seriously

5g isnt gonna fry your brain or turn you into a mindless drone, and if anyone truly believes that they should get their heads checked
unfortunately the twitch audience is literally who you describe in needing their heads checked and spreading that kind of stuff in a global pandemic is probably all they needed

Last edited:

VN1X

Banned
Kind of bittersweet of him not returning to twitch. On the one hand I'm all for it (because fuck twitc) but on the other twitch is where the memes are emotes are. I AM CONFLICTED!

Also it seems like this is just another continuation of pushing certain 'types' of people away from big platforms.

Last edited:

Yamakua

Neo Member
Welp, if it was bad enough for twitch to perma ban a front page streamer then it probably was for a good reason.. but I will miss the the Dr.

Ten_Fold

Seems like YouTube will be the place for a lot of big streamers, only thing I like from Twitch are the emotes, I hate their bias policy though. Hopefully Doc gets this fixed soon.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
There is a 0% chance he doesnt know why he was banned. LOL. They wont burn their biggest streamer without even giving a reason. Small time streamers get told what they did wrong.

My guess is he is just setting up Twitch to be the assholes in this so that his fans stay loyal.

Edit I aint even a hater. I thought he was great in There will be blood. But lets be honest, he knows why he got got.

So he's gonna lie about Twitch not telling him? Vetted by his lawyers?

Twitch would release a statement saying he's lying if he was lying about that and then they could use his lies in court if they needed to.

Twitch hasn't told him why he's banned; and that's likely because whatever is going on THEIR lawyers told them not to tell him.

triplejjj

Neo Member
So he's gonna lie about Twitch not telling him? Vetted by his lawyers?

Twitch would release a statement saying he's lying if he was lying about that and then they could use his lies in court if they needed to.

Twitch hasn't told him why he's banned; and that's likely because whatever is going on THEIR lawyers told them not to tell him.

I mean it's potentially not a lie, you and I won't know the difference, but - if you happen to do something (like steal from a company) then they fire you for cause (but without citing a reason) you can literally say 'they have not told me the reason' and it would be ethically and legally true.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I mean it's potentially not a lie, you and I won't know the difference, but - if you happen to do something (like steal from a company) then they fire you for cause (but without citing a reason) you can literally say 'they have not told me the reason' and it would be ethically and legally true.
Yeah sure.

The post I was responded to claimed there's no way Twitch hasn't told him though.

Obviously it's possible he "knows" (or at least strongly suspects.) But the question here is whether he's lying about Twitch not telling him.

Top Bottom