• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

This thread is wild, can't believe there are fans actually defending this

If it turns out the girl was like 14, i see his support going down DRASTICALLY.

16/17 is straddling that line where many people don't really care. Paul Walker isn't remembered as a creep or pedophile because he was dating a 16 year old at 33. It was news when it first surfaced but in the end most people didn't really give a shit.

ajanke

16/17 is straddling that line where many people don't really care. Paul Walker isn't remembered as a creep or pedophile because he was dating a 16 year old at 33. It was news when it first surfaced but in the end most people didn't really give a shit.
Yeah, it's weird. It's happened before and it was no big deal. Didn't Taylor Swift get caught on camera making out with her 17-year-old bf when she was 24 or something? I think the age gap makes a big difference too.

clarky

Gold Member

Like i said just a bit further up, you'd get a raised eyebrow in the UK but that's about it.

Pop

Exactly

17 eh whatever hes a creep

Portugeezer

At this point I will assume "inappropriate" means some sort of sexual language, I'll also assume he knew the person was underage because that remained unaddressed in his latest statement.

I won't get into the nitty gritty over whether or not 17 years is a big deal as opposed 15, 14, etc etc. People calling him a pedo is harsh of course, seems like many people saying this are probably people who disliked him already, but in the end it's all on him; he was the big streamer, he das supposed to be the responsible person in their interaction.

If you know somebody is a minor then most easiest shit to do is not talk nonsense to them. Like, even as a weird joke, nobody in today's society should even risk getting labeled a pedo. This imbecile fucked up.

It's not career ending, perhaps, if he can maintain a decent viewership. But he will be shunned by other streamers and sponsors.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
At this point I will assume "inappropriate" means some sort of sexual language, I'll also assume he knew the person was underage because that remained undressed in his latest statement.

Detroit Tigers Smile GIF by Bally Sports Detroit

Lokaum D+

Funny how an arbitrary number changes perceptions. Here in the UK where the age of consent is 16 my reaction is *shrug* and 'gawd you must be thirsty to spend time talking to a brain dead teenager' but in the US it seems to be PERV!!!
Here in Brazil that pretty normal, a lot of old guys dates young girls ( 16 - 17 yo ) we usually think this kind of guys are losers and thats it, now If the age gap is to big than is kind sus.

Last edited:

peek

Question, is there any confirmation that he knew the person he was messaging was a minor? I havent found anything concrete for either way. Like he didnt know, then it was revealed to him after he sent the messages?

I'll say this... if the dude KNEW the person was underage going in... hooooo boy.

He shouldn't have done it. It's that simple.

My big ass question is:

-Contact with minor happened in 2017.
-He wasn't banned until March 2020.
-He sues, wins, no charges filed, no wrong doing is found, is paid out.

If he's a predator/pedophile, that's great. I really hope you also direct the same amount of ire at Twitch (and boycott) for enabling his behavior, and rewarding him for it, and protecting him for it, and, potentially subjecting other would be victims to similar abuse by remaining silent, and that goes for the former twitch employees as well and anyone else who knew.

I would like to see the messages, because it really seems like Twitch just wanted to bury him and break contract, so much so, that they went back to 2017 and found some dodgy whispers he had with a minor, and when they leaned into that "This is why we banned him" defense, they got clapped in court for it.

If he made lewd comments, sent photos, received photos, "cybered" or groomed, he would have been criminally charged and registered as a sex offender, would have several felonies, etc.. None of this happened. The public court of opinion is running absolutely rampant.

Additionally, on what planet would Twitch allow creators/followers to DM on their platform? There's a lot of older streamers on Twitch, what the hell are they going to talk about with the 13-17 year old crowd? "Did you have a good day at school" or "Did you brush your teeth before bed" or "Did you do all of your home work" or "Did you get a boo boo when you fell off your dinosaur"?

Toons

Here's my thing on this.

The internet and culture in general right now is at stage where you aren't given any leeway for stuff with minors. Thats been the case for a little while, it's treated very much like a black snd white thing. Very much emphasis on the being under 18 at all, legal or not, you are probably gonna get yourself cancelled dipping in that pool even if you're in your twenties. I've seen it happen. Do I think that in real life things aren't always so black and white? Perhaps, but socially right now its just not acceptable.

. So do I think he needs to be chemically castrated for this? No, not really. BUT anyone in the know of the cultural and social zeitgeist knows where things are at with this age stuff. It is frowned upon, hard and you are almost never offered grace if caught doing it regardless of if you went all the way. If the sienfeld stuff happened today he'd probably not have made it this far with his career intact. His show could've been cancelled, etc.

Dr. DISRESPECT is in the know. Hes well experienced on the internet and on social media. Hes well aware of the cultural zeitgeist. HE KNOWS BETTER. And thats the biggest blow against him here, is that he knows better. Hes not some octogenarian using a smartphone for the first time. He knew this would be a hotbed of controversy, he knew that if this ever came out he would be in deep s***, because he knows where the cultural zeitgeist is at. And when you're as big a name as here is you cant afford to ignore that. Play within the confines of it and keep collecting millions, thats the gig.

Theres also the fact that he's married snd has a kid of his own. A personal matter yes, but it speaks to his character and his lack of self control here. You dont get infinite passes for stuff like this. Im hoping his wife knew about this already because if not I can't imagine what she's going through.

While I think he still will have somewhat of a fanbase, he's never going to gave the status he did before this and its going to stick with him, nd he has no one to blame but himself. He. Knows. Better. Than to be acting in this way, the way things currently are.

Living near Miami I know two guys that are older than myself and I am 57 and I know their wives are in their 20s

Personally I would be ashamed to have a wife considerably younger than my son

I think it depends on the person, some people mature faster others later. Today most of social media is filled with crap. Most people are just getting filled with decade+ of social media garbage. I think someone in their 20s that's an introvert and avoids social media but instead was exposed to classic works, is in a far better spot than someone in their 30s filled with twitter drama.

But socially it also depends on looks, some men look like they are in their 20s even when they reach their 50s. Others don't. Obviously if you look like you're in your 20s dating others in their 20s looks more acceptable at least at first glance.

feynoob

Banned
Violence. Speed. Momentum.

I stand with Doc in the current state of info released.

If we learn:
-Did he know she was 17?
-Did he say something totally lude?

Then we can proceed with he’s a creep. However he said no photos were exchanged.

I would bet money he didn’t know she was 17, and he probably didn’t say anything that outlandish.

He’s probably had therapy and counseling after almost losing his wife and kid to realize to take responsibility when due. So while it may have not been intentionally seeking to fuck a 17 year old he probably does that responsibility to know better who he is taking to, and that at the end of the day ignorance isn’t an excuse always to bad decisions.

Plus… I’m surprised his wife forgave him a second go. Only reason she stuck around round two is if nothing truly happened.
Danny Devito Animation GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

feynoob

Banned
He shouldn't have done it. It's that simple.

My big ass question is:

-Contact with minor happened in 2017.
-He wasn't banned until March 2020.
-He sues, wins, no charges filed, no wrong doing is found, is paid out.

If he's a predator/pedophile, that's great. I really hope you also direct the same amount of ire at Twitch (and boycott) for enabling his behavior, and rewarding him for it, and protecting him for it, and, potentially subjecting other would be victims to similar abuse by remaining silent, and that goes for the former twitch employees as well and anyone else who knew.

I would like to see the messages, because it really seems like Twitch just wanted to bury him and break contract, so much so, that they went back to 2017 and found some dodgy whispers he had with a minor, and when they leaned into that "This is why we banned him" defense, they got clapped in court for it.

If he made lewd comments, sent photos, received photos, "cybered" or groomed, he would have been criminally charged and registered as a sex offender, would have several felonies, etc.. None of this happened. The public court of opinion is running absolutely rampant.

Additionally, on what planet would Twitch allow creators/followers to DM on their platform? There's a lot of older streamers on Twitch, what the hell are they going to talk about with the 13-17 year old crowd? "Did you have a good day at school" or "Did you brush your teeth before bed" or "Did you do all of your home work" or "Did you get a boo boo when you fell off your dinosaur"?
The problem is that no contact happened. Twitch acted fast, so he cant be charged with it. No image means, he cant be legally charged unless the text is very incriminating.
He won the case against the ban, but the text is still there. If the text has been out, it would have been a nightmare for both parties.

Both party signed nda, so they cant talk about the text. The family of the minor didnt sue him, because the doctor hasnt done anything other than texting.

However, if doctor had a chance with the meeting, this could have been a bad deal for both. Twitch would have gotten PR disaster from the text and the meetup, since their service allowed a creator to dm a minor. So them banning him have saved them a pr disaster.

Now the lid is out. But because there isnt a contact, the pr disaster is on Doctor side. Twitch did their part, and wont get smoke for this, since the ban saved their arse.

Here's my thing on this.

The internet and culture in general right now is at stage where you aren't given any leeway for stuff with minors. Thats been the case for a little while, it's treated very much like a black snd white thing. Very much emphasis on the being under 18 at all, legal or not, you are probably gonna get yourself cancelled dipping in that pool even if you're in your twenties. I've seen it happen. Do I think that in real life things aren't always so black and white? Perhaps, but socially right now its just not acceptable.

. So do I think he needs to be chemically castrated for this? No, not really. BUT anyone in the know of the cultural and social zeitgeist knows where things are at with this age stuff. It is frowned upon, hard and you are almost never offered grace if caught doing it regardless of if you went all the way. If the sienfeld stuff happened today he'd probably not have made it this far with his career intact. His show could've been cancelled, etc.

Dr. DISRESPECT is in the know. Hes well experienced on the internet and on social media. Hes well aware of the cultural zeitgeist. HE KNOWS BETTER. And thats the biggest blow against him here, is that he knows better. Hes not some octogenarian using a smartphone for the first time. He knew this would be a hotbed of controversy, he knew that if this ever came out he would be in deep s***, because he knows where the cultural zeitgeist is at. And when you're as big a name as here is you cant afford to ignore that. Play within the confines of it and keep collecting millions, thats the gig.

Theres also the fact that he's married snd has a kid of his own. A personal matter yes, but it speaks to his character and his lack of self control here. You dont get infinite passes for stuff like this. Im hoping his wife knew about this already because if not I can't imagine what she's going through.

While I think he still will have somewhat of a fanbase, he's never going to gave the status he did before this and its going to stick with him, nd he has no one to blame but himself. He. Knows. Better. Than to be acting in this way, the way things currently are.
Power is a big drug. Look at this guy. That is why guys like Dr do these stuff, because people like this defend them nonstop.
Unproven pedo.

You’re a real piece of fucking work man. Go back to the purple site. Yeesh.

200w.gif

The problem is that no contact happened. Twitch acted fast, so he cant be charged with it. No image means, he cant be legally charged unless the text is very incriminating.
He won the case against the ban, but the text is still there. If the text has been out, it would have been a nightmare for both parties.

Both party signed nda, so they cant talk about the text. The family of the minor didnt sue him, because the doctor hasnt done anything other than texting.

However, if doctor had a chance with the meeting, this could have been a bad deal for both. Twitch would have gotten PR disaster from the text and the meetup, since their service allowed a creator to dm a minor. So them banning him have saved them a pr disaster.

Now the lid is out. But because there isnt a contact, the pr disaster is on Doctor side. Twitch did their part, and wont get smoke for this, since the ban saved their arse.

Power is a big drug. Look at this guy. That is why guys like Dr do these stuff, because people like this defend them nonstop.

But if it happened in 2017, how did Twitch act fast.... in March of 2020?

They stopped the meeting. Otherwise, Dr would have met with the minor.
The only issue right now is the text. If Twitch hadnt done anything, you could image what would have happened.

So they stopped the meeting in 2017... Only to sign him in 2020, with full knowledge that he was trying to "meet" with a minor in 2017?

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
They stopped the meeting. Otherwise, Dr would have met with the minor.
The only issue right now is the text. If Twitch hadnt done anything, you could image what would have happened.
That’s not what happened.

Mesaaging was in 2017.

Messages were reported in 2020 to twitch and they banned him.

Did he meet with her? He says no. (every word he says is 100% fact in this thread which is funny all things considered since he bullshitted that he did nothing wrong for days lol)

feynoob

Banned
So they stopped the meeting in 2017... Only to sign him in 2020, with full knowledge that he was trying to "meet" with a minor in 2017?
That’s not what happened.

Mesaaging was in 2017.

Messages were reported in 2020 to twitch and they banned him.

Did he meet with her? He says no. (every word he says is 100% fact in this thread which is funny all things considered since he bullshitted that he did nothing wrong for days lol)
So twitch got the message late, damn.

That makes things more messy then. I thought they stopped him in 2017.

This thing is fire now.

MiguelItUp

This thread is wild, can't believe there are fans actually defending this
Yeah, the swift shift of folks wanting receipts to him basically admitting it was pretty amusing.

It's odd to me that people are "okay" if it's this age, and not okay if it's that age. I understand countries have different laws, but it doesn't change anything in this situation. A minor is still a minor. It's pretty bad when the guy is a full on adult that should know better across the board. Assuming the age of a rando online, and then engaging in conversations that "leaned to being inappropriate" is pretty absurd. But he clearly doesn't have the best track record, he's fumbled quite a bit in his career. Such a mess.

IntentionalPun

So twitch got the message late, damn.

That makes things more messy then. I thought they stopped him in 2017.

This thing is fire now.
According to the sources that talked to the media they were alerted by the reporting feature of the platform.

Which means considering it was a DM it was reported by the persons account he was messaging with 3 years later.

I would hope that means the person was an adult by then.

feynoob

Banned
According to the sources that talked to the media they were alerted by the reporting feature of the platform.

Which means considering it was a DM it was reported by the persons account he was messaging with 3 years later.

I would hope that means the person was an adult by then.
Now imagine other twitch's dm.
So that explains the ban and twitch being afraid of their dm system. If that went public, it could have a disaster for the company.

Not knowing anything for 3 years is a sign of less moderation.

Haint

Seems I have a knack for pulling startlingly accurate musings out of my ass with very little information to go on.

feynoob

Banned
I think this is best description I can get.

OthertimesWondering
10h ago•Edited 7h ago

It's a bit of a long story.
Essentially a couple years ago, Twitch banned Dr. Disrespect off their platform out of nowhere. Which came as a huge surprise due to him being one of the biggest streamers on the platform. Nothing was explicitly stated, there were rumors of bad stuff, but nothing concrete.
A while ago, an ex-Twitch employee, who was pretty high ranked, said that Dr. Disrespect was using the Twitch Whisper feature to talk to a 13 year old girl and was trying to meet up with her.
It's important to realize two things. Twitch obviously wouldn't want one of the faces of their platform to be outsed as a predator. But also the Twitch Whisper feature was supposed to be a private messaging system. Twitch looking at it is pretty suspicious and bad.
Dr Disrespect's tweet about the situation was also very "legal" in the sense that he said "no wrongdoing was acknowledge and I was paid out for my contract". Which is pretty weird since the phrasing of "acknowledged" is suspicious.
The entire controversy kinda died down for a while because Twitch obviously don't want to air out bad laundry from a company perspective and there aren't any receipts on the employee side either.
But a game studio that Dr Disrespect co-founded did drop him as a co-founder, which has heated the drama up again.
Nick Mercs is a friend of Dr. Disrespect that said "no, he didn't do that shit, show evidence" but is also someone who is vocal about his stance on pride and how we need to "keep the children safe". Which is ironic here because he's now backpedaling on his fierce stance and cause one of his friends is being outsed as a potential predator.
(Edit: Dr Disrespect admitted to texting a minor. Link here: )

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I’m too lazy to read this thread and I’m off to bed anyway.

Can someone do a quick recap what happened? I can see skimming it has to do with him perving someone underage, but what’s the details and context?

Cheers…… fuck this super humid summer heat just drains away my energy. Drive home with AC on, then it hits you like a brick being outside for 2 min!

Toons

Yeah, the swift shift of folks wanting receipts to him basically admitting it was pretty amusing.

It's odd to me that people are "okay" if it's this age, and not okay if it's that age. I understand countries have different laws, but it doesn't change anything in this situation. A minor is still a minor. It's pretty bad when the guy is a full on adult that should know better across the board. Assuming the age of a rando online, and then engaging in conversations that "leaned to being inappropriate" is pretty absurd. But he clearly doesn't have the best track record, he's fumbled quite a bit in his career. Such a mess.

Im not so much a proponent tof the black and white nature we look at 17 vs 18 in EVERY CASE as it has even affected ppl barely 5 years older. I think its bad but each situation is a case by case basis. We use 18 because thats a decent rule of thumb for guaging maturity and accountability. But frankly I've seen 17 year olds more mature than some 23 year olds. That doesnt mean they need to ge having sex. But I dont think that 23 year old showing interest in that 17 year old is always a pedo.

None of these apply however to the doc. Hes married with child. Almost 40. Sending "tee hee" naughty texts tona teenager isn't gonna fly in most places here in the states, and any other developed place is at least gonna take note of it(I see the jokes about Europe and whatnot but I'm not gonna speak on that).

I think he can survive with a semblance of a fanbase and still get donations, but its going to be hard to express any apology if it's been so long, and he doesn't seem particularly remorseful that he did this but that he got caught which won't help. Either way his career as a sponsored; supported mainstream streamer is over.

He should not be treated as a pedo, but if he really messaged a 13 year old then he is a groomer. Now, if she was 17, near 18, even though i think its still bad, it's not as horrible as people are portraying it. No pictures were exchanged, that is a fact.

This is pretty much a career suicide. Doubt he gives a fuck as he has made millions and has a loyal fan base of incels.

IntentionalPun

I’m too lazy to read this thread and I’m off to bed anyway.

Can someone do a quick recap what happened? I can see skimming it has to do with him perving someone underage, but what’s the details and context?

Cheers…… fuck this super humid summer heat just drains away my energy. Drive home with AC on, then it hits you like a brick being outside for 2 min!
This about sums it up from Dr D’s tweet today:

Were there twitch whisper messages with an individual minor back in 2017? The answer is yes. Were there real intentions behind these messages, the answer is absolutely not. These were casual, mutual conversations that sometimes leaned too much in the direction of being inappropriate, but nothing more. Nothing illegal happened, no pictures were shared, no crimes were committed, I never even met the individual.

Loomy

Thinks Microaggressions are Real
Living near Miami I know two guys that are older than myself and I am 57 and I know their wives are in their 20s

Personally I would be ashamed to have a wife considerably younger than my son
72 Bill Belichik is dating a 23 year old girl lol. I'll never understand shit like that.

near

Gold Member
I think he’s actions are overall inexcusable. Sure the magnitude of he’s actions are less severe if he did not know of her age until a later date, because it indicates intent. However, it’d have little impact on the outcome now, since no criminal charges were filed. We know the conversation logs exist and they have been part of court proceedings when Doc sued, so there is nothing there that is significant enough to warrant he’s arrest.

The year he messaged this minor was the same year he was unfaithful to he’s wife. In 2017 he admitted to cheating on he’s wife. It is highly possible that the intent was there to sleep with this minor, perhaps he only bailed out after discovering her age? Because we know that the woman he cheated on he’s wife with was in her mid 20s.

I think unfaithful men and women are horrible. Everyone views infidelity differently, but my opinion on it is just don’t do it. Why get married to sleep with other people? It’s an unhealthy practice that has lasting psychological implications with those involved. This entire situation stems from he’s uncontrollable desire to cheat on he’s wife in 2017 and 7 years later he continues to pay the price of that mistake.

Haint

72 Bill Belichik is dating a 23 year old girl lol. I'll never understand shit like that.
No big mystery to understand, it's biologically and instinctually hardwired. Men can sire children well into old age while woman and child become endangered past 35 and are often impossible past 45. Younger women represent exponentially better odds of having more and healthier children. Fun fact from Biological Sciences in Grad School, most desirable phenotypical traits in women (i.e. "the standards of beauty") like smooth unblemished skin, big doe eyes, pouty lips, etc... are juvenilization features.

Last edited:

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
it was not a mistake.

I once knew a man that was very unfaithful and I asked him if he didn't feel guilty for cheating? he said that at first, but he loved that feeling...he continued to be that way. and I saw first hand how he was trying to convinced a married woman to have sex.... it was like a thrill for him.

feynoob

Banned
Given how destructive social media is to developing minds, yes, require ID and 18+ to join. The laws will get there eventually.
I am up for regulating kids usage of social, but requring IDs is where I draw the line.
Too many hacks from those social media, and tons of millions of people's IDs is in the streets.

Not to mention, someone like Elon and Zucker is salvating at the idea of having your IDs when you signup for them. Its a recipe for disaster.

near

Gold Member
it was not a mistake.

I once knew a man that was very unfaithful and I asked him if he didn't feel guilty for cheating? he said that at first, but he loved that feeling...he continued to be that way. and I saw first hand how he was trying to convinced a married woman to have sex.... it was like a thrill for him.
I don’t think most men who cheat on their wives share the same mindset of that guy you know. He seems like he genuinely doesn’t care about he’s wife. Plenty of married men cheat, but still very much love and value their spouses. They will often regret their decision when they’re caught because the thought of losing there wife over sex becomes inconceivable.

feynoob

Banned
I don’t think most men who cheat on their wives share the same mindset of that guy you know. He seems like he genuinely doesn’t care about he’s wife. Plenty of married men cheat, but still very much love and value their spouses. They will often regret their decision when they’re caught because the thought of losing there wife over sex becomes inconceivable.
Money and fame. When you have both of these, alot of people will throw themselves at you.

Top Bottom