• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

TrueGrime

Seems very unlikely.

He added that there were “no real intentions” to the messages… and that no pictures were sent. What else is this about?

Some of you are really twisting yourselves into knots to avoid just reading what is as plain as day.

He flirted with a minor on Twitch Whispers.

edit: actually I should add, that’s what he is admitting to… considering he was angrily repeating “no wrongdoing” before this who really knows? Lol

This almost sounds like a parody when pedos get asked why they did "X" and their answer is along the lines of "I did it, but really wasn't going to do anything with them for real.."

Like forgive them and tell them Jesus loves them?
Maybe eventually. But ghost them. Report it. Etc. Never said these people don’t deserve to be punished. I just don’t think they should be labeled a ped their whole lives when nothing ultimately happened and she was months away from being an adult. She should know how to handle those situations by then. Doubt it’s the first time she’s been hit on.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Maybe eventually. But ghost them. Report it. Etc. Never said these people don’t deserve to be punished. I just don’t think they should be labeled a ped their whole lives when nothing ultimately happened and she was months away from being an adult. She should know how to handle those situations by then. Doubt it’s the first time she’s been hit on.
I’ll repeat this again and maybe another time….

We don’t know how old the person was.

Funny how an arbitrary number changes perceptions. Here in the UK where the age of consent is 16 my reaction is *shrug* and 'gawd you must be thirsty to spend time talking to a brain dead teenager' but in the US it seems to be PERV!!!

IntentionalPun

We barely know anything, truth be told.

And yet that hasn't stopped people from assuming he's guilty.
He’s guilty of sending inappropriate messages to a minor.

Unless he just likes admitting to things he didn’t do for fun, maybe some sort of kink. Every time he loses a sponsor he cums!

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
40 odd years old and flirting/talking crudely to a 17 year old is too far for me.

If he knew she was 17, that's disgusting.

One bit of defence I'll say for Doc. He had to know and feel confident that what was said wasn't too bad, or wouldnt be perceieved too badly because he sued them.

If it had gone to court that exact dialogue would have been out in the open. He's either confident that he didnt know she was a minor or that the messages would be no way perceived as sexting etc.

Either he's stupid as fuck to risk that, has balls of steel or felt confident he would win the case.

Still, if he knowingly messaged a 17 year old anything out of line or did try and meet up with them for anything but professional work related stuff. He's a creep.

mitch1971

Gold Member
Funny how an arbitrary number changes perceptions. Here in the UK where the age of consent is 16 my reaction is *shrug* and 'gawd you must be thirsty to spend time talking to a brain dead teenager' but in the US it seems to be PERV!!!
The irony of that is the age in US is state dependant.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
At least the memes are pretty gold

ZgTk8sd.jpeg

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
40 odd years old and flirting/talking crudely to a 17 year old is too far for me.

If he knew she was 17, that's disgusting.

One bit of defence I'll say for Doc. He had to know and feel confident that what was said wasn't too bad, or wouldnt be perceieved too badly because he sued them.

If it had gone to court that exact dialogue would have been out in the open. He's either confident that he didnt know she was a minor or that the messages would be no way perceived as sexting etc.

Either he's stupid as fuck to risk that, has balls of steel or felt confident he would win the case.

Still, if he knowingly messaged a 17 year old anything out of line or did try and meet up with them for anything but professional work related stuff. He's a creep.
Thats what it all revolves around for me as well, did he know her age when they were chatting and we haven't officially heard her age only that she was a minor.

If he did know her age and remotely hinted at a meeting and already admitted to inappropriate chat then he is getting everything he deserves

And GTFO with that whole there were no real intentions with those messages, yeah because you got caught

Don't. Hit. Send.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Wait, so someone who looks and dresses like this

Feature-Image-39.jpg

Turned out to be a weirdo?

Anyone who lived through the 80s could have told you that.

Wait, so someone who looks and dresses like this

Feature-Image-39.jpg

Turned out to be a weirdo?

Anyone who lived through the 80s could have told you that.
eh, I just assumed the wig and sunglasses were just so he could go out in public without getting bs. Is the tash even real or is that false too?

IntentionalPun

Can anyone reference where the age of 17 came from?? I can't find it anywhere.
It was from a a completely invented email from an “anonymous” source saying they won’t even verify they were ever employed at twitch. Considering what Doc admitted to, that email is debunked.

Then it’s just getting repeated endlessly in this thread.

We have no clue how old the person was.

Last edited:
It was from a a completely invented email from an “anonymous” source saying they won’t even verify they were ever employed at twitch. Considering what Doc admitted to, that email is debunked.

Then it’s just getting repeated endlessly in this thread.

We have no clue how old the person was.
Doesn't really matter if it is 17 and the age of consent is 18 where doc is. Just strange from a UK perspective.

This thread is wild, can't believe there are fans actually defending this

That's why his whole thing about "coming back" isn't without some credence.

There will always be people who support him, no matter what and he knows that and he'll creepily laugh all the way back to the bank again.

IntentionalPun

Oh man this story is on NBC News and other major sites.

Wonder if it’ll make the cable news rounds.

Article title quick and to the point:

INTERNET

Banned Twitch streamer Dr Disrespect says he sent ‘inappropriate’ messages to minor​

Last edited:
He’s guilty of sending inappropriate messages to a minor.

Unless he just likes admitting to things he didn’t do for fun, maybe some sort of kink. Every time he loses a sponsor he cums!
Stop acting stupid, man.
No one here knows what "inappopriate" entails in this context. It could have been toilet humor, she also could have lied about her age (which is something that women often do, believe it or not), etc. There are numerous variables here that witch hunt nutjobs, as the ban history page eloquently put it, like you seem to willfully ignore.

The FACTS that we know are:
- Twitch were monitoring his communications and found that he had inappropriate messages with a minor
- Twitch ended his contract as a result
- Doc sued Twitch, and the court found in Doc's favor.

Our justice system may not be perfect but when it comes to a choice of joining the torch-wielding bandwagon of crazies on Twitter or believing that the court did its due diligence in investigating the matter (and finding no criminality), I'm on the side of the law here.

Having said that, if he knowingly exchanged sexually inappropriate messages with a minor, then he deserves every bit of flak he's gotten (and then some).

But, again, we barely know anything. And I'm not going to crucify the man just because nutjobs on Twitter want me to.

Anyway, this is my last post in this thread because I genuinely don't even care about the dude. I simply believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, especially when social media is involved. Chris Avellone's situation should have taught everyone that lesson, but your frothing at the mouth seems to supersede everything.

IntentionalPun

Stop acting stupid, man.
No one here knows what "inappopriate" entails in this context. It could have been toilet humor, she also could have lied about her age (which is something that women often do, believe it or not), etc. There are numerous variables here that witch hunt nutjobs, as the ban history page eloquently put it, like you seem to willfully ignore.

The FACTS that we know are:
- Twitch were monitoring his communications and found that he had inappropriate messages with a minor
- Twitch ended his contract as a result
- Doc sued Twitch, and the court found in Doc's favor.

Our justice system may not be perfect but when it comes to a choice of joining the torch-wielding bandwagon of crazies on Twitter or believing that the court did its due diligence in investigating the matter (and finding no criminality), I'm on the side of the law here.

Having said that, if he knowingly exchanged sexually inappropriate messages with a minor, then he deserves every bit of flak he's gotten (and then some).

But, again, we barely know anything. And I'm not going to crucify the man just because nutjobs on Twitter want me to.

Anyway, this is my last post in this thread because I genuinely don't even care about the dude. I simply believe in giving people the benefit of the doubt, especially when social media is involved. Chris Avellone's situation should have taught everyone that lesson, but your frothing at the mouth seems to supersede everything.
You really think he wrote all that in his admission and just didn’t mention they weren’t “sexual” because he forgot?

Instead he went out of his way to mention that no pictures were sent… and that there was no “real intent” behind these “mutual” messages.

I’m not the one being stupid here. And we don’t know that Twitch was “monitoring” his messages. According to the former employees this all came about because a moderation complaint.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You really think he wrote all that in his admission and just didn’t mention they weren’t “sexual” because he forgot?

Instead he went out of his way to mention that no pictures were sent… and that there was no “real intent” behind these “mutual” messages.

I’m not the one being stupid here. And we don’t know that Twitch was “monitoring” his messages. According to the former employees this all came about because a moderation complaint.
It was weird him mentioning no pictures sent, has anyone accused him of that to this point?

skit_data

Ah, dammit.

Just when mustaches were starting to see their reinessance it's straight back into the "shave it off, it creeps people out"-locker.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
Was she 17 or is that unconfirmed?

Pervert in the US, but could get married in the UK.

Wild. This would certainly be frowned upon over here, but not much more.

Still weird as fuck where ever you are though. Dudes 40 and married, get a grip.

Last edited:
Top Bottom