• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Chris Pratt What GIF
Nobody likes you Chuck Berry. Stop trying to push your old timer music on us.

Draugoth

Gold Member
Wishful thinking. For better or worse, the guy is a multi-millionaire. He can keep burning his shit down and still end up with more than most people in this thread.

He will have a hard time increasing that money, and Twitch streamers arent exactly the most financial secure people

nemiroff

Gold Member
Anyway, just wanted to add that in the end doc is a very public figure, he's not going to enjoy much protection in that respect. He could've turned down a settlement, but he didnt., he chose money over showing the facts. So it's only fair now that he has to deal with this.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
Any updates on this email? Was it real? Was it 4chan fan fiction?
Why would doc have admitted to inappropriate messages if this email was true?

Either way you can’t verify something that is sent completely anonymously by someone saying “no I won’t answer questions about who I am.”

Sleepwalker

Her being 17 is really the less worse scenario, with the way this was going I was starting to think he might be talking to a 12 year or old or so which would have been extremely awful.

Him talking to a 17 year old is creepy for sure though, but the level of magnitude vs the person in question being even younger is worlds apart.

My cynic guess is that there was nothing illegal (not that this should be celebrated but 17 is over the age of consent in pretty much most places), Doc will take a vacation, this will all blow over and he will come back to streaming and still have big audiences.

Stuart360

Is 16 not the age on consent in the US?, not that they did anything sexual anyway.

This all sounds like something people wouldnt of given a shit about 10+ years ago.

Also that leaked e-mail, just as i said yesterday, the blue haired 'social team' was desperate for some way to get rid of DOC

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I’m curious. Why did the parents of this girl never sue him if he did something wrong?

Seems like free money? If not just him but maybe Twitch too?

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

Her being 17 is really the less worse scenario, with the way this was going I was starting to think he might be talking to a 12 year or old or so which would have been extremely awful.

Him talking to a 17 year old is creepy for sure though, but the level of magnitude vs the person in question being even younger is worlds apart.

My cynic guess is that there was nothing illegal (not that this should be celebrated but 17 is over the age of consent in pretty much most places), Doc will take a vacation, this will all blow over and he will come back to streaming and still have big audiences.
We don’t know the persons age though.

Stuart360

Also love the tweet by DOC basically telling all the drama clickbaiters and wokists to fuck off and do one. DOC is one man that they will find hard to cancel.

He will back, as he said, and the donations of his comeback stream will be a sight to behold. Its like the sitaution with Trump. Go after him, and the more popular he becomes.

SnapShot

Whatever, Twitch has been going downhill for a while now with all the soyboy and LGBT pandering and Youtube ain't much better

Last edited:

TrueGrime

Is 16 not the age on consent in the US?, not that they did anything sexual anyway.

This all sounds like something people wouldnt of given a shit about 10+ years ago.

Also that leaked e-mail, just as i said yesterday, the blue haired 'social team' was desperate for some way to get rid of DOC

I don't know about that. 10 years ago, To Catch a Predator was one of the most watched pieces of media for several years. Age of consent differs by state, with each state having their own meanings on what constitutes consent. Federally, under 18 is considered underage.

Stuart360

I don't know about that. 10 years ago, To Catch a Predator was one of the most watched pieces of media for several years. Age of consent differs by state, with each state having their own meanings on what constitutes consent. Federally, under 18 is considered underage.
Yeah and my ex was part of a pedo hunting team. The difference is DOC wasnt sending dick pics and aranging meetings for sex (seems thta way anyway).

Maybe its because i'm in the UK where the age of consent is 16, so i'm reading the situation wrong here.

StueyDuck

Hmmm I don't know what to think here, there is alot of information we need first.

The way the response is worded could essentially mean anything, it's easy to jump to inappropriate messages with a minor being sexual and predatory, but if he is to be believed it was not a criminal case or based on predatory charges, twitch settled and as far as we know he hasn't paid off or settled with the minor and their family. Could the inappropriate messages actually have been different in nature.

I feel like without the conversations or a criminal trial to go upon, its hard to just paint him as another epstein or weinstein. This is very strange, the fact twitch broke nda it sounds like an made public statements as well as settled is a bit strange.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Hopefully more stuff comes out.

But this interaction being in 2017 and then being banned in 2020 is crazy. It's almost as if Twitch had employees scrubbing through years of Doc's private messages looking for anything incriminating to justify a ban.
Plus 7 years is a long time in this current clown world. I bet he would never of done this today, even if he thought it was innocent to do.

Red5

I’d expect my daughter to get hit on by creeps and know what to do about it. Never said I condone his actions. I have more of an issue with adults in the schools convincing kids to mutilate their genitals.

Like forgive them and tell them Jesus loves them?

IntentionalPun

The way the response is Could the inappropriate messages actually have been different in nature.
Seems very unlikely.

He added that there were “no real intentions” to the messages… and that no pictures were sent. What else is this about?

Some of you are really twisting yourselves into knots to avoid just reading what is as plain as day.

He flirted with a minor on Twitch Whispers.

edit: actually I should add, that’s what he is admitting to… considering he was angrily repeating “no wrongdoing” before this who really knows? Lol

Last edited:

TrueGrime

Yeah and my ex was part of a pedo hunting team. The difference is DOC wasnt sending dick pics and aranging meetings for sex (seems thta way anyway).

Maybe its because i'm in the UK where the age of consent is 16, so i'm reading the situation wrong here.

The age of consent for both Cali and Fed is 18. Also, you don't have to send pics and arrange meetings to be pegged for grooming underage individuals when private conservations become "inappropriate". Pretty sure "inappropriate" personally for me gets me fired, blacklisted, and my clearance revoked in a heartbeat in the least.

Well, I'd guess the vacation with the wife is an all-expenses paid trip to the cleaners(i.e Divorce Court), since I'd wager that's where she'll be taking him after the cheating thing and now this.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Seems very unlikely.

He added that there were “no real intentions” to the messages… and that no pictures were sent. What else is this about?

Some of you are really twisting yourselves into knots to avoid just reading what is as plain as day.

I mean it had to be something bad, since their game is absolutely dead, without him as a persona. I don't think they would drop him over something minor

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Seems very unlikely.

Feels like you’re brushing off the most important part.

Why would doc have admitted to inappropriate messages if this email was true?

Either way you can’t verify something that is sent completely anonymously by someone saying “no I won’t answer questions about who I am.”

By real i meant was it actually sent out to people in the industry or was it fake.

Last edited:
Top Bottom