• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
I don’t think most men who cheat on their wives share the same mindset of that guy you know. He seems like he genuinely doesn’t care about he’s wife. Plenty of married men cheat, but still very much love and value their spouses. They will often regret their decision when they’re caught because the thought of losing there wife over sex becomes inconceivable.
i was taking in relation to the Doc. this is why I think it's important (for context) to see those conversations.

it seems that his attitude in the tweet he made can show how detached from reality he is in that respect (based on how bad those conversations were).

near

Gold Member
i was taking in relation to the Doc. this is why I think it's important (for context) to see those conversations.

it seems that his attitude in the tweet he made can show how detached from reality he is in that respect (based on how bad those conversations were).
I don’t know. I think he looks pretty torn up about confronting the reality of he’s actions in that clip from 2017. I think it takes a lot of courage and honesty to admit to cheating on your wife especially in a social space. He has already been held accountable in so many ways for he’s actions 7 years ago. I can understand he’s frustration tonally in he’s tweet, because while this is all new information to us, he and he’s family have been healing from it for years. I don’t think seeing those conversation logs will help shift the perspective.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Just think about all those young males watching “just chatting” streams on Twitch where some lady with her boobs hanging out is just chatting. That’s just chatting, ya know? 🙄

feynoob

Banned
I don’t subscribe to the idea that high value men are entitled to multiple women. If you want to sleep with many women, and many women want you, then don’t get married.
High value men? That is the 2010+ trick for the new kids I see.
Rich and famous people have always been assholes. They will use their position to get what they want, and pay hush money.

If you are old person, you should know mistress, the maid and young hot office girl labels.

Three

Hmmm I don't know what to think here, there is alot of information we need first.

The way the response is worded could essentially mean anything, it's easy to jump to inappropriate messages with a minor being sexual and predatory, but if he is to be believed it was not a criminal case or based on predatory charges, twitch settled and as far as we know he hasn't paid off or settled with the minor and their family. Could the inappropriate messages actually have been different in nature.

I feel like without the conversations or a criminal trial to go upon, its hard to just paint him as another epstein or weinstein. This is very strange, the fact twitch broke nda it sounds like an made public statements as well as settled is a bit strange.
When you mention that the inappropriate messages were with a minor 'but we didn't meet up or send pics' it's pretty obvious that they were sexually inappropriate especially when that is the shitstorm going around. You'd think if it wasn't sexual he would make that very clear.

Three

He shouldn't have done it. It's that simple.

My big ass question is:

-Contact with minor happened in 2017.
-He wasn't banned until March 2020.
-He sues, wins, no charges filed, no wrong doing is found, is paid out.

If he's a predator/pedophile, that's great. I really hope you also direct the same amount of ire at Twitch (and boycott) for enabling his behavior, and rewarding him for it, and protecting him for it, and, potentially subjecting other would be victims to similar abuse by remaining silent, and that goes for the former twitch employees as well and anyone else who knew.
Twitch isn't sitting there monitoring everything 24/7. I don't see how that's twitch's fault. In 2020 AI moderation wasn't that big either.

Eotheod

Twitch isn't sitting there monitoring everything 24/7. I don't see how that's twitch's fault. In 2020 AI moderation wasn't that big either.
It isn't AI moderation, it would just be basic filter tools that flag shit. You really don't need anything fancy to run through text logs, heck WoW was doing it way back in vanilla.

Some people want tangible proof before destroying the career and the life of someone else
I mean, he isn't exactly helping his case with those tweets. If you are not guilty you normally go hard on denying the allegations. He hasn't actually said he didn't sext a minor, but instead went the stupid route of "I'm not saying I didn't but also leave me alone!"

If it turns out he did, he's a sick pedo. If it turns out he didn't, then he's been lambasted for the sake of a crusade. Either way, I never really liked his content so no loss for me 🤷

Last edited:

Three

It isn't AI moderation, it would just be basic filter tools that flag shit. You really don't need anything fancy to run through text logs, heck WoW was doing it way back in vanilla.
Filter tools are not going to flag racy messages or know the person posting is a minor.

Last edited:

Kenpachii

Only thing that can save drdisrespect is if he shows the entire conversation with that girl. He probably won't because its bad.

From what i see people are already cancelling him everywhere as a result and not going to lie. If u talk with a girl on a online platform sexually u better be sure u ask the age before any of that, if u meet up u better confirm the age with a ID if she looks young. Basic stuff.

StueyDuck

Seems very unlikely.

He added that there were “no real intentions” to the messages… and that no pictures were sent. What else is this about?

Some of you are really twisting yourselves into knots to avoid just reading what is as plain as day.

He flirted with a minor on Twitch Whispers.

edit: actually I should add, that’s what he is admitting to… considering he was angrily repeating “no wrongdoing” before this who really knows? Lol
I'm not twisting anything.

Twitch is a slimy company and there is a reason they settled his contract. There's more to read here than he was just a creeper creeping on kids.

Again sending in appropriate messages and then confirming they're were no pictures sent or dates set up doesn't admit to anything being correlated, it's him confirming he didn't do what he's being accused of by some on the internet. The inappropriate behaviour could have been vulgar in a different nature. His whole character is being an asshole, that's literally his shtick.

Legalese is twisty and knotty for a reason. There is more information needed before I'll make any final judgement. If you guys all want to sentence people based on what is essentially hearsay at this point then go ahead

Last edited:

Thyuda

I'm not twisting anything.

Twitch is a slimy company and there is a reason they settled his contract. There's more to read here than he was just a creeper creeping on kids.

Again sending in appropriate messages and then confirming they're were no pictures sent or dates set up doesn't admit to anything being correlated, it's him confirming he didn't do what he's being accused of by some on the internet. The inappropriate behaviour could have been vulgar in a different nature. His whole character is being an asshole, that's literally his shtick.

Legalese is twisty and knotty for a reason. There is more information needed before I'll make any final judgement. If you guys all want to sentence people based on what is essentially hearsay at this point then go ahead
It's insane how this is not just the default opinion on this situation.

The Internet has become such a weird, hostile and vile place. Reminds me on how everyone was ready to burn Linus after the allegations, and how did that turn out?

People chose on what they want to believe, not what the evidence shows.

StueyDuck

It's insane how this is not just the default opinion on this situation.

The Internet has become such a weird, hostile and vile place. Reminds me on how everyone was ready to burn Linus after the allegations, and how did that turn out?

People chose on what they want to believe, not what the evidence shows.
Look he definitely did something and has admitted to as much. No one can deny that.

I just feel that leapfrogging straight to absolutely guilty on that statement of grooming and pedophilia is as big of a jump as those saying nothing happened.

I just feel there's more information that needs to come out, and like all things in life it will eventually see the light of day.

I personally am not going to jump to conclusions. Inappropriate again could describe a lot, there is a lot of things one could say to a minor that is Inappropriate. The minor could of said something like "you really beat <other famous streamer> this weekend". And he could have said "yeah I really buttfucked his asshole raw".

That is absolutely an Inappropriate thing to say to a minor. So I feel like without knowing the conversation that was had, we can't truly make any judgements.

Thyuda

Look he definitely did something and has admitted to as much. No one can deny that.

I just feel that leapfrogging straight to absolutely guilty on that statement of grooming and pedophilia is as big of a jump as those saying nothing happened.

I just feel there's more information that needs to come out, and like all things in life it will eventually see the light of day.

I personally am not going to jump to conclusions. Inappropriate again could describe a lot, there is a lot of things one could say to a minor that is Inappropriate. The minor could of said something like "you really beat <other famous streamer> this weekend". And he could have said "yeah I really buttfucked his asshole raw".

That is absolutely an Inappropriate thing to say to a minor. So I feel like without knowing the conversation that was had, we can't truly make any judgements.
Reasonable and only take that should ve taken in this situation.

Glad to see there's still normal people out there.

Toots

Gold Member
What the hell are you even talking about? You just described how EVERYONE forms an opinion... Including yourself.

What part of his logic do you have a problem with exactly?
The huge difference you did not grasp is the opinion is already formed in this case.
I described the use of fact to comfort an pre existing opinion, not to form one.

Killjoy-NL

You honestly think it would be something like that?

SCB3

Yea this, I came in to say this as well, it coulda been a bit of banter like "man fuck that you can suck my dick if you think like that" totally not appropriate to say to a minor of course but if you're chatting online its often hard to remember someones age as well so if you're talking to multiple people as well, its very easy to muddled up

Until I see the exact messages WITH context, then I'll give the benefit of doubt here, and I don't even like him

StueyDuck

You honestly think it would be something like that?
That was his character, I didn't watch the guy but 90% of the clips I saw were him screaming gamer rage things like that. He puts on a fake wig and moustache and calls himself Dr Disrespect, it's all part of his persona.

But I don't think anything, anything that I think would just be speculation as is with everyone else, that's the point. We need more information before I decide what i officially think.

Last edited:

Soulja

I am a fan of the doc, but one thing I cannot get past is the fact he hasn't stated that he didn't know she was a minor. I feel this is one of the first things he would mention in his statements if he was unaware that she was under 18.

FunkMiller

The defence of this guy 😂

Lads… if you are openly putting out a statement that admits you were sending inappropriate messages to a minor, and you don’t say that you didn’t know she was a minor, then... Oh boy… are you clearly a rancid piece of paedo shit.

He’s trying to soft pedal as much as possible, because it’s obviously very, very bad.

Let’s hope he gets a part in the prison band. I hear he’s very good on the trumpet, and only bums a few minors.

Killjoy-NL

That was his character, I didn't watch the guy but 90% of the clips I saw were him screaming gamer rage things like that. He puts on a fake wig and moustache and calls himself Dr Disrespect, it's all part of his persona.

But I don't think anything, anything that I think would just be speculation as is with everyone else, that's the point. We need more information before I decide what i officially think.
I don't disagree. That's why I think he should've just not said anything at all.

Astray

I’d expect my daughter to get hit on by creeps
No comment.

Also you do realize that you can condemn a person who sexted an underage person AND be against the Trans agenda in schools? They are in fact very, very compatible positions.

When you mention that the inappropriate messages were with a minor 'but we didn't meet up or send pics' it's pretty obvious that they were sexually inappropriate especially when that is the shitstorm going around. You'd think if it wasn't sexual he would make that very clear.
He's very invested in keeping this drama to a minimum so I personally don't believe him on a lot of what he said. He's the least reliable narrator we have at the moment imo.

StueyDuck

The defence of this guy 😂

Lads… if you are openly putting out a statement that admits you were sending inappropriate messages to a minor, and you don’t say that you didn’t know she was a minor, then... Oh boy… are you clearly a rancid piece of paedo shit.

He’s trying to soft pedal as much as possible, because it’s obviously very, very bad.

Let’s hope he gets a part in the prison band. I hear he’s very good on the trumpet, and only bums a few minors.
but how are you coming to that conclusion without personal bias?

he admitted to having inappropriate messages with a minor, however, we don't know how old the minor is, the gender, what was said and how it was meant (context), how long this took place, and how many messages. Just because in your mind he was asking a 14-year-old girl to send nudes doesn't mean that is literally what happened, you are approaching this far too emotionally.

We do however know that he was found to have not partaken in any explicit acts with this minor and didn't attempt to do so, so what does that mean? Well, we don't know, not until we have substantial evidence to go on.

I'm sorry but your comment is very resetera, calling something a "defence" when it is people just trying to understand what little information we have, it is quite a ridiculous notion to make. We are dealing with legal statements where things are said to keep the settlement with Twitch in order.

Unless you have more information then the rest of us have? then I'll gladly be willing to hear what that is

Last edited:

_Justinian_

It's interesting. Everyone was ready to go after Twitch before this reveal. Just goes to show you never truly know what's really going on. I'm going to wait and see how this plays out. At some point, that minor won't be a minor anymore and I'm sure with the state of social media being what it is today, that this individual will share exactly what sort of exchange took place between them and Dr. Disrespect.

StueyDuck

It's interesting. Everyone was ready to go after Twitch before this reveal. Just goes to show you never truly know what's really going on. I'm going to wait and see how this plays out. At some point, that minor won't be a minor anymore and I'm sure with the state of social media being what it is today, that this individual will share exactly what sort of exchange took place between them and Dr. Disrespect.
the truth always comes out.

sometimes it takes years and years like those shithead epstein/weinstein fuckers. but the truth does always surface eventually.

FunkMiller

he admitted to having inappropriate messages with a minor, however, we don't know how old the minor is, the gender, what was said and how it was meant (context), how long this took place, and how many messages. Just because in your mind he was asking a 14-year-old girl to send nudes doesn't mean that is literally what happened, you are approaching this far too emotionally.

We do however know that he was found to have not partaken in any explicit acts with this minor and didn't attempt to do so, so what does that mean? Well, we don't know, not until we have substantial evidence to go on.

I'm sorry but your comment is very resetera, calling something a "defence" when it is people just trying to understand what little information we have is quite ridiculous. We are dealing with legal statements where things are said to keep the settlement with Twitch in order.

Unless you have more information then the rest of us have? then I'll gladly be willing to hear what that is

Do me a favour. Picture in your mind a celebrity, Youtuber or journalist you don't like, or even just one that you're ambivalent about.

Now... what's your reaction when that person puts out a statement admitting to sending inappropriate text messages to someone they knew to be underage? Further, what's your reaction when you learn that they have had their business relationships cut off completely, due to their behaviour?

Last edited:

Thyuda

Do me a favour. Picture in your mind a celebrity you don't like, or even just one that you're ambivalent about.

Now... what's your reaction when that person puts out a statement admitting to sending inappropriate text messages to someone they knew to be underage? Further, what's your reaction when you learn that they have had their business relationships cut off completely, due to their behaviour?

Exactly the same.

My judgement is not oversteered by my biases, which yours clearly is.

By the way: I don't even like The Doc, yet I'm still capable of defending him and looking at the evidence withou prejudices.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Do me a favour. Picture in your mind a celebrity you don't like, or even just one that you're ambivalent about.

again you are far to emotional about this.

You assume i like DrDisrespect or even watch any of his stuff. Which is telling me that you have a loathing for this man outside of this story, you have too much of a personal bias.

Take a step back, take a breath and realise how ridiculous it is to want to Lock up a person in prison because of allegations and hearsay.

Again from what we know, There are inappropriate messages, we don't what they are or who they were to, we know that twitch banned him for this yet when countered legally they decided to just settle and let things be.

Again if you have more actual information then please provide?

you can't condemn someone just because you don't like them.

FunkMiller

So texting a 17 year old is now considered pedophilia because...?

Exactly the same.

My judgement is not oversteered by my biases, which yours clearly is.

By the way: I don't even like The Doc, yet I'm still capable of defending him and looking at the evidence withou prejudices.

You're seriously on a thread defending a fully grown married man with kids, inappropriately messaging with a minor. There is no evidence they were 17 by the way. They could be a lot younger.

Thyuda

You're seriously on a thread defending a fully grown married man with kids, inappropriately messaging with a minor. There is no evidence they were 17 by the way. They could be a lot younger.
Yes I am, since there's no evidence for your head cinema scenario either.

FunkMiller

again you are far to emotional about this.

You assume i like DrDisrespect or even watch any of his stuff. Which is telling me that you have a loathing for this man outside of this story, you have too much of a personal bias.

Take a step back, take a breath and realise how ridiculous it is to want to Lock up a person in prison because of allegations and hearsay.

Again from what we know, There are inappropriate messages, we don't what they are or who they were to, we know that twitch banned him for this yet when countered legally they decided to just settle and let things be.

Again if you have more actual information then please provide?

you can't condemn someone just because you don't like them.

Have you by any chance heard of something called projection?

The man literally came out and admitted to engaging in pretty disgusting behaviour. You can continue to defend him if you choose to.

StueyDuck

Have you by any chance heard of something called projection?

The man literally came out and admitted to engaging in pretty disgusting behaviour. You can continue to defend him if you choose to.
what are you even on about.

The only person projecting here is you, what part about what i said is "Defending" him.

again you are far too emotional about this.

Killjoy-NL

I'm sorry but your comment is very resetera, calling something a "defence" when it is people just trying to understand what little information we have, it is quite a ridiculous notion to make. We are dealing with legal statements where things are said to keep the settlement with Twitch in order.

Listen, he literally said "were there real intentions behind these messages?absolutely not".

This single sentence is incriminating and shows it wasn't just a comment like "yeah, I assfucked that guy in that one match yesterday".

Top Bottom