• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

kirby007

i will watch his return stream with him wearing a wig and big old titties, under the the name Housewife Disrespect and rub one out

Putonahappyface

Gold Member
GRF7S_DaAAAUq7S
This is to much.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Hiding? They would probably have to do an audit all of all the chat logs (And who knows how long the logs are retained for). Why doc? The former twitch employee who leaked the story likely over stepped boundaries using his/her elevated permissions to access logs that related to doc. For what reason? Who the knows.

What I do know is that, I'll never donate to a twitch streamer or anyone who plays games for a living.
Well the other ex twitch. He come up saying it was his job to look this up and report it. He talk about how some of the crazy and nasty shit he seen and that he wish he didn’t and there more pedo. If u can bring doc out there, then u can bring out the rest too. Also, why doc was still able to get paid. There so much more to this and I want to know all the rest. It just tells me, there more sicko out there and some are being protected and in position to control and help others be protected

OuterLimits

Do we know for a fact the minor was 17? Granted, it seems likely because otherwise I would imagine the government would have gotten involved(at least I hope so). Unless Twitch covered it up, which they should face a reckoning if true. I realize states vary between 16-18. Doc is s creep in my opinion regardless since he being a prev to anyone under 18, but there is a huge difference between a 17 year old(who could be turning 18 in a few weeks for all we know) and a younger teen or child.

Many in this thread would be happily cheering when a 17 year old gets prosecuted as an adult for a serious crime and sentenced to numerous years in prison.(perhaps even life). Which is usually what occurs in all 50 states at that age.

Last edited:

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Do we know for a fact the minor was 17? Granted, it seems likely because otherwise I would imagine the government would have gotten involved(at least I hope so). Unless Twitch covered it up, which they should face a reckoning if true. I realize states vary between 16-18. Doc is s creep in my opinion regardless, but there is a huge difference between a 17 year old(who could be turning 18 in a few weeks for all we know) and a younger teen or child.

Many in this thread would be happily cheering when a 17 year old gets prosecuted as an adult for a serious crime and sentenced to numerous years in prison.(perhaps even life). Which is usually what occurs in all 50 states at that age.

There's literally nothing that has substantiated that the minor was 17.

sendit

Well the other ex twitch. He come up saying it was his job to look this up and report it. He talk about how some of the crazy and nasty shit he seen and that he wish he didn’t and there more pedo. If u can bring doc out there, then u can bring out the rest too. Also, why doc was still able to get paid. There so much more to this and I want to know all the rest. It just tells me, there more sicko out there and some are being protected and in position to control and help others be protected
Do we know for a fact the minor was 17? Granted, it seems likely because otherwise I would imagine the government would have gotten involved(at least I hope so). Unless Twitch covered it up, which they should face a reckoning if true. I realize states vary between 16-18. Doc is s creep in my opinion regardless, but there is a huge difference between a 17 year old(who could be turning 18 in a few weeks for all we know) and a younger teen or child.

That could have happened, the individual/team responsible for managing logs likely did not report the criminal act to proper authorities. It was illegally released and probably violated some User/Data privacy agreement, a good reason as to why Doc was paid by twitch.

Last edited:

dudester

Neo Member
I've not really seen anyone mention it here and it's just a theory but it fits in with the timelines potentially a report from the victim/parental figure was made in 2020 which at the time was going through the whole Me Too movement. It's at that point Twitch acted and banned DD.

phant0m

did he break any laws? no so why is everybody cancelling him
what do laws have to do with "cancelling"? if you break laws you don't get cancelled, you go to fucking prison.

people have been "cancelled" for saying slurs, making inappropriate advances towards colleagues/fans/etc, none of which is necessarily illegal. it just means people don't want to associate, do business with or be entertained by someone that does those things.

OuterLimits

I just wish the state Governments and federal were consistent across the board. Make it 18 or hell 21. An 18 year old can vote in elections, be sent to die in a war, and fuck an 80 year old if they want. Oh, but smoking a cigarette or having a beer is a big no-no.

Or most states deciding that 15 year old should certainly be considered an adult now because we want to prosecute and send them to prison forever.

Fucking insane our system is.

Sethbacca

I just wish the state Governments and federal were consistent across the board. Make it 18 or hell 21. An 18 year old can vote in elections, be sent to die in a war, and fuck an 80 year old if they want. Oh, but smoking a cigarette or having a beer is a big no-no.

Or most states deciding that 15 year old should certainly be considered an adult now because we want to prosecute and send them to prison forever.

Fucking insane our system is.
You've still got a pile of states pushing to keep child marriage legal and you think you'll actually get them to raise the age of consent without a massive "BUT MUH STATES RIGHTS" garbage? Good luck with that.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

Rolling Stone article. According to this new article, he did, indeed, know she was underage and was informed of it. He declared it no problem and kept going.

He's finished.

And yet still no mention of age or what was said.

Fucking how do people like slasher say they know and have info but can’t share Jack shit?

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

Rolling Stone article. According to this new article, he did, indeed, know she was underage and was informed of it. He declared it no problem and kept going.

He's finished.

So this article says what others behind the scenes had been saying that Doc knew this person was a minor and kept going.

I have had people on Discord (That I really trust and would know this shit because of their work with Mixer) and heck even people here reach out to me and say this very thing and no I wont give names of anyone that spoke to me in private

All that said this paragraph in that article

“I recall that Dr Disrespect was made aware by the individual that they were underage during the conversation, after which he indicated that this was no problem and continued on,” the former employee says. “There was no confusion. Messages sent after this was acknowledged were no less graphic and in sexually explicit nature than before, and I think more than the categorization of ‘leaning too much in the direction of being inappropriate’ might indicate.”

Twitch knew and warned him but he kept it up then they fired him, should real authorities have not been brought in at this point?

Topher

Gold Member
So this article says what others behind the scenes had been saying that Doc knew this person was a minor and kept going.

I have had people on Discord (That I really trust and would know this shit because of their work with Mixer) and heck even people here reach out to me and say this very thing and no I wont give names of anyone that spoke to me in private

“I recall that Dr Disrespect was made aware by the individual that they were underage during the conversation, after which he indicated that this was no problem and continued on,” the former employee says. “There was no confusion. Messages sent after this was acknowledged were no less graphic and in sexually explicit nature than before, and I think more than the categorization of ‘leaning too much in the direction of being inappropriate’ might indicate.”

Twitch knew and warned him but he kept it up then they fired him, should real authorities have not been brought in at this point?

Sounds like they should been brought in long ago. Twitch has a lot to explain here.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent

Alanah Pearce made a second video yesterday in regards to this with some basic knowledge as to why twitch acted the way they did from a perspective of how big corporations just behave.

I think her two points are Twitch just doesn’t want any PR. They don’t care if an illegal act took place. The words twitch and stopped a pedophile doesn’t look good. They’d rather keep it all hush hush so people don’t know adults are soliciting minors.

Oddly enough my wife streamed on twitch for a while and she said a steamer she raided often ended up doing the exact same shit. Got caught, and the parents went after him. So maybe this theme is more common than we realize with the website.

Alanahs second point is that police simply don’t care. They get 100s of thousands of reports a day of bad shit happening online but simply don’t have the manpower to go after all this crap until it turns into something tangible. Even then they don’t care giving her own examples.

Why weren't they, indeed. It will be very interesting to see the road this takes Twitch down.

Topher

Gold Member
Alanah Pearce made a second video yesterday in regards to this with some basic knowledge as to why twitch acted the way they did from a perspective of how big corporations just behave.

I think her two points are Twitch just doesn’t want any PR. They don’t care if an illegal act took place. The words twitch and stopped a pedophile doesn’t look good. They’d rather keep it all hush hush so people don’t know adults are soliciting minors.

Oddly enough my wife streamed on twitch for a while and she said a steamer she raided often ended up doing the exact same shit. Got caught, and the parents went after him. So maybe this theme is more common than we realize with the website.

Alanahs second point is that police simply don’t care. They get 100s of thousands of reports a day of bad shit happening online but simply don’t have the manpower to go after all this crap until it turns into something tangible. Even then they don’t care giving her own examples.

The point that Twitch doesn't want the PR is pretty obvious, but I'd be curious to know what she bases her assertion that the police "don't care" on.

Top Bottom