• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

cripterion

There's supposed to be a third drop of DR Disrespect scandal soon right?

Whatever it is, I'm sure it most be some gripping stuff!

boom smile GIF

_Justinian_

80 pages about this topic. Wow.

I have never watched any of this person's content. He's just another person on social media to me. Judging from all I've seen, I think some people are too invested in this latest scandal because they have nothing else better to do with their time. And you have all these YouTubers making content based off this scandal to increase their views. This is similar to how the news looks for the most shocking content to report in order to maintain their viewership.

Here's what I don't understand about all this. You're telling me that Twitch, an organization that allows members as young as 13 years old, allowed an adult to engage with a minor in a sexual way in private conversation and kept quiet about it for 7 years? It's not like Twitch themselves suddenly opened up and commented on the matter, but a former employee brought it to light, and Dr Disrespect confirmed it. Was Twitch trying to keep this under wraps? Are there or have there been similar situations that we don't know about? Why are there no calls to boycott Twitch? I've seen people wanting to boycott other social media sites for much less.

Also, if the minor was 13 years old in 2017, they would be 19 or 20 by now. If they were 17 at the time which the whispers took place, they'd be 23 or 24 by now. In other words: an adult. Perhaps this individual wants to move on from this incident. Or if they want to come out and speak about it, they will. Everything else is just rumors.

Perhaps his career is over, however the man is a multimillionaire. What exactly is everyone hoping to see happen here? The only people who have the power to press charges against him would be the State of California or the above mentioned individual in question.

Killjoy-NL

They are both orientations. Both are classed as mental diseases depending on who you ask, but pedophilia is more widely acknowledged as unwanted and illegal. Whether its illegal though (and thus pedophilia) depends on the country which makes the definition wonky and subjective.
This is true.

The issue lies in the fact that minors cannot give proper consent, due to their cognitive development.

StueyDuck

Yeah the things coming out now are painting the image that most of us generally expected. As I said from the beginning I was willing to withhold judgement but now there's more than enough evidence.

We need both him and everyone involved at twitch now to be held more accountable then just losing partnerships.

He needs jail time and twitch needs extreme investigation. This story has gone to something much bigger than one person's inappropriate behaviour. There's a whole cabal of evil here that needs to be dealt with.

FunkMiller

Yeah the things coming out now are painting the image that most of us generally expected. As I said from the beginning I was willing to withhold judgement but now there's more than enough evidence.

We need both him and everyone involved at twitch now to be held more accountable then just losing partnerships.

He needs jail time and twitch needs extreme investigation. This story has gone to something much bigger than one person's inappropriate behaviour. There's a whole cabal of evil here that needs to be dealt with.

No real further evidence has come to light that the man did not tell you himself in his own statement. You spent time and effort defending a man who openly admitted to sending inappropriate texts to a minor.

You're absolutely right to ask questions of Twitch over this, but equally questions should be asked of people who continue to support popular public figures like this, even when evidence is laid before them of wrongdoing.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

No further evidence has come to light that the man did not tell you himself in his own statement. You spent time and effort defending a man who openly admitted to sending inappropriate texts to a minor.

You're absolutely right to ask questions of Twitch over this, but equally questions should be asked of people who continue to support people like this, even when evidence is laid before them of wrongdoing.
Please refrain from communicating with me, you insinuated that I was both ok with and was a pedophile.

Either apologize or politely fuck off

They are both orientations. Both are classed as mental diseases depending on who you ask, but pedophilia is more widely acknowledged as unwanted and illegal. Whether its illegal though (and thus pedophilia) depends on the country which makes the definition wonky and subjective.
The DSM5 has long stopped listing homosexuality as psychopathology, so you're wrong. This is the standard in psychology today. And no, a psychopathology like pedophilia is, by definition, not an "orientation". It's a mental health issue. There's tons of empirical evidence speaking to this, so don't pretend you know anything about this and call it "subjective".

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Please refrain from communicating with me, you insinuated that I was both ok with and was a pedophile.

Either apologize or politely fuck off

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I said you were gross for defending him. You told me to 'take a step back and take a breath' when I called you out on you saying that being grossed out by a married man with kids sending inappropriate texts to a minor was 'wanting social media mob justice'.

I didn't insinuate you were a paedophile. I'm sorry if you got that from it, that was not my intention.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

I said you were gross for defending him. You told me to 'take a step back and take a breath' when I called you out on you saying that being grossed by a married man with kids sending inappropriate texts to a minor was 'wanting social media mob justice'.

I didn't insinuate you were a paedophile.
"Shoot the shit" with someone else then, you made your choice, don't communicate with me again.

StueyDuck

I blocked this guy for similar reasons. He's rude, abrasive, and derails conversations with the ridiculous shit that he says.
I would do the same. But you can't block someone who throws such accusations around, you need to be able to see what else they are saying.

digdug2

I would do the same. But you can't block someone who throws such accusations around, you need to be able to see what else they are saying.
That's a good point, but all the same, I feel that this place is much better when I don't have to encounter him. Report him whenever he says crazy shit that's out of pocket for me, please.

Killjoy-NL

The DSM5 has long stopped listing homosexuality as psychopathology, so you're wrong. This is the standard in psychology today. And no, a psychopathology like pedophilia is, by definition, not an "orientation". It's a mental health issue. There's tons of empirical evidence speaking to this, so don't pretend you know anything about this and call it "subjective".
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

If the covid pandemic showed us something, it's that these things are heavily influenced by politics.

But that's a different discussion most people likely aren't ready for yet.

Edit:

And with that, I'm out. Dr Disrespect is not worth a ban.✌🏾

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
But you can't block someone who throws such accusations around, you need to be able to see what else they are saying.
Dude you sound like my gran, are you such a karen that you have nothing better to do than getting into sterile arguments?
Don't care too much about outlandish things said in a video game forum, we all exagerate from time to time.
Plus you can be pretty abrasive yourself and tried unsuccessfully to have me permanently banned (which was extremely small dicked on your part) on the charls carroll topic i created and you just happened to drive-by with contributing to the smallest extent, so don't tell people to clean their bums when you have a dirty ass yourself.

Are there actually countries where simply being a pedo is illegal? Like, you don't even have to act on it in order to be arrested?

StueyDuck

Dude you sound like my gran, are you such a karen that you have nothing better to do than getting into sterile arguments?
Don't care too much about outlandish things said in a video game forum, we all exagerate from time to time.
Plus you can be pretty abrasive yourself and tried unsuccessfully to have me permanently banned (which was extremely small dicked on your part) on the charls carroll topic i created and you just happened to drive-by with contributing to the smallest extent, so don't tell people to clean their bums when you have a dirty ass yourself.
are you talking about that thread where you were openly racist and using slurs and stereotypes to me because i made a joke about a streamer you love?

that thread?

Toots

Gold Member
are you talking about that thread where you were openly racist and using slurs and stereotypes to me because i made a joke about a streamer you love?

that thread?
If i was openly using racial slurs why am i not banned ?
Because i did not and your an uppity boer whose "jokes" about mental health issues are basically "you should take your meds" which aren't jokes just ignorant talk.
You really are like my gran, full of contempt and hate towards anyone you deem deserving and ready to confront everyone just because you seemingly have nothing better to do. Me i love people too much, even dumies like you.

StueyDuck

If i was openly using racial slurs why am i not banned ?
Because i did not and your an uppity boer whose "jokes" about mental health issues are basically "you should take your meds" which aren't jokes just ignorant talk.
You really are like my gran, full of contempt and hate towards anyone you deem deserving and ready to confront everyone just because you seemingly have nothing better to do. Me i love people too much, even dumies like you.
I don't know, I don't tell the mods what to do, they are ok with that form of bigotry, I imagine most mods here are from the US so I don't expect them to know a lot about South African culture. But you know enough to skirt the line and enjoy doing so. Where I or you come from shouldn't be a factor in anything on gaf unless we are specifically talking about it as topic in a thread.

but calling me a Boer, (For those not in the know, it's a white Afrikaans farmer, which can be used negatively to insinuate a racist or someone who sympathizes with the apartheid), and also saying that I should take part in a kidnapping because I live in South Africa is absolutely racial stereotyping. If someone said you should go take part in a rape because you live in country X or Y they'd get in shit.

I mean first of all you had to have gone through my profile first to even start that train of thought so already that shows intent, secondly, I wouldn't mock you, i never went into your profile and started throwing stereotypes around about where you are from.

Last edited:

nush

I don't know, I don't tell the mods what to do, they are ok with that form of bigotry, I imagine most mods here are from the US so I don't expect them to know a lot about South African culture. But you know enough to skirt the line and enjoy doing so. Where I or you come from shouldn't be a factor in anything on gaf unless we are specifically talking about it as topic in a thread.

but calling me a Boer, (For those not in the know, it's a white Afrikaans farmer, which can be used negatively to insinuate a racist or someone who sympathizes with the apartheid), and also saying that I should take part in a kidnapping because I live in South Africa is absolutely racial stereotyping. If someone said you should go take part in a rape because you live in country X or Y they'd get in shit.

I mean first of all you had to have gone through my profile first to even start that train of thought so already that shows intent, secondly, I wouldn't mock you, i never went into your profile and started throwing stereotypes around about where you are from.

Take it to DMs and stay on topic.

Darchaos

80+ pages for some retarded streamer. Yet not even one full page when Ryuichi Sakamoto or Neil Peart died.
Not only that, but thoose influencers and streamers earn more than lets say firefighters and ambulancepersonel just for an example. Thoose fucks are sitting on theire asses with a madeup job and bringing in piles of money, its beyond fucked up. Most of them are mentaly ill and wouldnt even be able to function on a real job. And also, not only do they do shit like this alot, they also complain how hard theire made up job is. Like, motherfucker, go and do what every other grown up man or women do in that case, find a new job. A real job this time, not this made up shit. Hope all this crashes and burn and streamers and all other shit people have to contribute to the society instead.

It says alot of the society, and not in a god way.

Last edited:

FewRope

Not only that, but thoose influencers and streamers earn more than lets say firefighters and ambulancepersonel just for an example. Thoose fucks are sitting on theire asses with a madeup job and bringing in piles of money, its beyond fucked up. Most of them are mentaly ill and wouldnt even be able to function on a real job. And also, not only do they do shit like this alot, they also complain how hard theire made up job is. Like, motherfucker, go and do what every other grown up man or women do in that case, find a new job. A real job this time, not this made up shit. Hope all this crashes and burn and streamers and all other shit people have to contribute to the society instead.
And remember: this is the role model of 90% of kids globally

StueyDuck

Do people just become p*dos when they get money?

wtf is goin on
well successful people are often considered to have character traits similar to that of criminals.

you'll find it comes from the power and the feeling of being able to get away with it. (thankfully that isn't the case here, but just look at how long the epstein,Weinstein, diddy's of the world got away with it )

StueyDuck

Stuey and toots, basically having a meta argument about inappropriate messages, in a thread about inappropriate messages

Happy Lets Go GIF by HyperX
it gets even more meta, I made a joke in the other thread that the beloved streamer looks like they weren't allowed near schools...

layers upon layers really.

Last edited:

sendit

80 pages about this topic. Wow.

I have never watched any of this person's content. He's just another person on social media to me. Judging from all I've seen, I think some people are too invested in this latest scandal because they have nothing else better to do with their time. And you have all these YouTubers making content based off this scandal to increase their views. This is similar to how the news looks for the most shocking content to report in order to maintain their viewership.

Here's what I don't understand about all this. You're telling me that Twitch, an organization that allows members as young as 13 years old, allowed an adult to engage with a minor in a sexual way in private conversation and kept quiet about it for 7 years? It's not like Twitch themselves suddenly opened up and commented on the matter, but a former employee brought it to light, and Dr Disrespect confirmed it. Was Twitch trying to keep this under wraps? Are there or have there been similar situations that we don't know about? Why are there no calls to boycott Twitch? I've seen people wanting to boycott other social media sites for much less.

Also, if the minor was 13 years old in 2017, they would be 19 or 20 by now. If they were 17 at the time which the whispers took place, they'd be 23 or 24 by now. In other words: an adult. Perhaps this individual wants to move on from this incident. Or if they want to come out and speak about it, they will. Everything else is just rumors.

Perhaps his career is over, however the man is a multimillionaire. What exactly is everyone hoping to see happen here? The only people who have the power to press charges against him would be the State of California or the above mentioned individual in question.
For someone who isn’t interested, you take the cake for the longest reply in this thread.

Last edited:

Astray

80+ pages for some retarded streamer. Yet not even one full page when Ryuichi Sakamoto or Neil Peart died.
Active and developing situation with lots of speculation around it vs something that while v.sad, is more routine and doesn't have too much to be said about other than "RIP" or reminiscing about their life and works.

I don't think this is a fair comparison.

Last edited:

Hudo

Active and developing situation with lots of speculation around it vs something that while v.sad, is more routine and doesn't have too much to be said about other than "RIP" or reminiscing about their life and works.
"active and developing situation"? One retard behaving like a retard on the internet? So do we make a thread for every person on Twitter, then?

Top Bottom