• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

There's no possible explanation you can give here that doesn't make you look like a complete fucking idiot. Just stop it already
There's no possible explanation for how "you lot" can refer to a specific person that doesn't make you look like a complete fucking idiot. Just stop being offended on your fuck buddy's behalf for 5 seconds, will you.
You pulled out the dictionary and got murdered with it.
Now fuck off.

For instance Dr Disresoect personally addressed the rumors about himself.
It's almost like there are different definitions depending on the context. It can be in reference to yourself, physical presence, or to another SPECIFIC PERSON. And the context of the argument, is about me personally addressing a specific poster.
One specific poster, that cannot be addressed with a vague plural like "YOU LOT".
I dread thinking English is your mother tounge, you guys.

Last edited:
There's no possible explanation for how "you lot" can refer to a specific person that doesn't make you look like a complete fucking idiot. Just stop being offended on your fuck buddy's behalf for 5 seconds, will you.
You pulled out the dictionary and got murdered with it.
Now fuck off.

This is my last response. I've taken some inspiration from how Dr D interacts with minors. I'm sure you'll appreciate it.

jLx6rXh.gif

Obviously I'm going to point out that I'm not in that "lot".
Have I insisted that you are?
Think it's time to let this go.
Tell that to your rabid fuckboy over there.
I don't even remember, nor care what exact contention I had with you, so we're well past that.
I just don't take it lightly when people I never talked to or mentioned, dogpile and insult me, over a mild disagreement with a dude that sits it all out, but approves their behavior with laughing emojis from his cuck chair.
Fight your own battles.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
Damn, that's derogatory? Shit, I had no idea. Looked it up and apparently the lesbian term d**e is also derogatory.

If You Say So Reaction GIF

Actually no, otherwise we would be fucked in the UK as we have to build dyke's everywhere to prevent flooding...

Now if you will excuse me I'm off to make me some Faggots and Mash.

feynoob

Banned

I don't even remember, nor care what exact contention I had with you, so we're well past that.
I just don't take it lightly when people I never talked to or mentioned, dogpile and insult me, over a mild disagreement with a dude that sits it all out, but approves their behavior with laughing emojis from his cuck chair.
Fight your own battles.
Some people are taking online talk seriously.
Get some help op.

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
It's almost like there are different definitions depending on the context. It can be in reference to yourself, physical presence, or to another SPECIFIC PERSON. And the context of the argument, is about me personally addressing a specific poster.
One specific poster, that cannot be addressed with a vague plural like "YOU LOT".
I dread thinking English is your mother tounge, you guys.
I didn’t read that part of the convo, only what I quoted, you lot!

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I think the most likely outcome is DD takes some time off to let things cool off, he'll return, and some people will have bailed on him, but he'll still be pretty popular... rightly or wrongly. And I say that in the most literal of terms because in these instances I think as a society we get addicted to always being on the attack, and once the alleged perpetrator of any wrongdoing has been punished(either by law or their employers or the public) people look for the next person to go after, and it'll be those who still continue to support DD and consume his content. In that regard, I don't judge. If you like his content and still want to consume it after all this plays out, by all means. It doesn't make you a bad person. And if you are put off by these allegations and no longer want to support him, that's perfectly fine as well.

I don't watch streamers so in terms of my opinions on the guy, I never had an opinion on him one way or the other. I do like to follow these gaming community stories though when they pop up, because I think the gaming community is kind of a unique entity and I'm always intrigued by how these situations from all angles are doing to play out.

IntentionalPun

Honestly if Doc returns it seems like his options are limited. But he’ll still probably be capable of making a good living, just a LOT less than he is now.

The fact that Kick of all places even said it was “too soon” to decide whether they’d ban him is quite telling. They have a lot of fucked up people on their platform but they also didn’t make the international news admitting to inappropriately messaging a minor lol

Topher

Gold Member

Fight your own battles.

Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

YuLY

He can say it all he wants and not get arrested, that’s what free speech is.
Lil bro , tranny aint an illegal word lol, ofc he aint getting arrested. We are talking here about 2 major platforms deciding to ban people because it doesnt fit their narrative. There comes a point when monopolies need to show restraint with this, isnt this the same problem when woke twitter pre-Musk, banned Trump who was active president of the most powerful nation in the world, just cause it didnt fit their narrative ?

That "private company" thing shouldnt work anymore lil bro, this is a new world, wake up. You cant just ban someone cause you dont like them, if they didnt do anything illegal, especially when you have a monopoly, it literally is Twitch and Youtube, kick is a joke a gambling den.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
If he's been gripped by the law, then I hope he gets the treatment he deserves under the law.

But yeah, still waiting for some actual evidence before coming to judgement. Because until then, its just lame internet drama to me.

Really do not think this trend of people being damned based on innuendo and vague accusations is healthy though. Its way too easy a thing to be abused.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Lil bro , tranny aint an illegal word lol, ofc he aint getting arrested. We are talking here about 2 major platforms deciding to ban people because it doesnt fit their narrative. There comes a point when monopolies need to show restraint with this, isnt this the same problem when woke twitter pre-Musk, banned Trump who was active president of the most powerful nation in the world, just cause it didnt fit their narrative ?

That "private company" thing shouldnt work anymore lil bro, this is a new world, wake up. You cant just ban someone cause you dont like them, if they didnt do anything illegal, especially when you have a monopoly, it literally is Twitch and Youtube, kick is a joke a gambling den.
Private companies can 100% get rid of you if you say things that do not fit their way of thinking though I still feel this was just an excuse to get rid of this particular person at the right time.

I don't know how Twitch works but even with companies that are my sponsors I have signed morality clauses that prevents me from doing/saying totally stupid shit and the next day show up at lets say a Best Buy signing Baseballs

They have every right to cut me loose if I said some of the shit he (and others) have said openly

Topher

Gold Member

Having freedom of speech does not mean others have to give you a platform to broadcast that speech. One person's rights do not trump someone else's even if that someone else is a company. I mean....if you think about it you are basically saying a forum like NeoGAF should not be allowed to ban users. Doesn't work that way.

FunkMiller

Having freedom of speech does not mean others have to give you a platform to broadcast that speech. One person's rights do not trump someone else's even if that someone else is a company. I mean....if you think about it you are basically saying a forum like NeoGAF should not be allowed to ban users. Doesn't work that way.

People confuse the term ‘freedom of speech’ with suffering no consequences of that speech. You can say what you want to, but there can, and often are, consequences to doing so. Just like everything else in life.

Last edited:

IntentionalPun

It’s perfectly legal for NAMBLA to ramble on about how it should be Ok to fuck kids.

Should Twitch welcome them on their platform?

The “shouldn’t be able to ban people unless it’s illegal” concept is just absurd.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
People confuse the term ‘freedom of speech’ with suffering no consequences of that speech. You can say what you want to, but there can, and often are, consequences to doing so. Just like everything else in life.
Well……not everyone faces consequences for the things they do or say, but that’s going off topic and I don’t want to get banned like Spider-Man was.

feynoob

Banned

Dr Phil Thirst GIF by BuzzFeed

You don't own the platform. They are free to decide who to ban or not. They aren't a public school.

Wildebeest

Did this guy actually have any skill? Was he a top tier player in any competitive game?
He probably had some skill at playing casual BR games just from playing them for a long time most days for several years. But unlike someone like shroud, he didn't play competitive games and would be clowned in front of his fanboys if he did.

YuLY

America is cooked lol. People are arguing they have the right to ban you for saying something that goes against the narrative that they try to push. So basically there is no free speech, but it is enforced by your workplace instead of the government, got it, nice corporate dystopia you got there.

Americans are so deep into it, they dont even realize they are in a dystopia, they try to justify it cause private corpos. My dudes, private corpors are running america, so basically you cant say shit unless it aligns with them, how THE FUCK is that free speech.

Last edited:

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
America is cooked lol. People are arguing they have the right to ban you for saying something that goes against the narrative that they try to push. So basically there is no free speech, but it is enforced by your workplace instead of the government, got it, nice corporate dystopia you got there.

Americans are so deep into it, they dont even realize they are in a dystopia, they try to justify it cause private corpos. My dudes, private corpors are running america, so basically you cant say shit unless it aligns with them, how THE FUCK is that free speech.
I can say anything I want but I also expect repercussions from it

I don't want to be a part of any place that allows it people to run their mouths however they want without consequences

Topher

Gold Member

So what country is it that you live in where the laws make it so you are immune from ever being banned from any website or platform no matter what you say?

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?

3.jpg

feynoob

Banned
I can say anything I want but I also expect repercussions from it

I don't want to be a part of any place that allows it people to run their mouths however they want without consequences
The guy doesn't know what unlimited speech leads to.
4chan is a prime example of letting people voice their opinions.

Top Bottom