• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT| Cloudy with a Chance of Jaw Drops

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarion07

First Norway P2P Track, crowd size: large.

20141010202125j6rch.jpg

I see what you did there, Evolution

I'm confused. Jeff Gerstmann told me this game sucks -- but some of you are saying it's great.

It has flaws but whether those flaws annoy you or not depends on what you want from a racing game.

I for one just wanted a career mode where I can simply progress in a linear fashion, and the game is fine for that. I'm not one that looks for customisation or open world or any of those fancy things. Personally I like this better than NFS Rivals. I could never get into that with it's online only/pseudo-online offline play.

But, for those that are more into their racing games, looking for customisation, open world, innovative online and whatever other trinkets exist these days, then there's plenty to be upset about.

I'm confused. Jeff Gerstmann told me this game sucks -- but some of you are saying it's great.

try the ps+ version when it comes out. to me it's neither bad nor great, probably about the current metacritic rating IMO, the arguments about the game being dull, lacking soul etc i don't agree with, but certainly the content/customisation is somewhat limited, and the handling model is subjective (myself I'm not hugely fond of it) but others seem to really like it so better try for yourself I think.

viveks86

I got connected! Online play is... typically chaotic. People actually aiming for you. Hopefully the idiots will slowly fade away.

I came last and second last in 2 consecutive races because someone slammed into me and I flipped over! :(

Plus I still don't have a handle on faster cars as I'm deliberately keeping myself from progressing in SP.

I think time trial point to point runs are the best part of the game. Must. Shave. Seconds.

Do I really need to find a club to unlock the BAC Mono? It's the one car that sold me into the game and all my friends are Xbox guys.

RoyalFool

Banned
Read back a few pages, but has anybody found a solution with the Plus upgrade edition pre-order DLC constantly failing to download yet? It's annoying me just sitting there in my download list with no icon

SkylineRKR

Its absolutely not bad. The Driving feels good and I see the lack of a story or whatever as a plus. This is just racing without much of a context much like PGR and that didn't turn out to be so bad at all. I can't get onto the server yet but I'm sure i'd love to best times and challenges of other players.

How do you make your club active? Mine says it is inactive and so can't use any club car and nothing gets fed into club Fame, only just created it so could be servers playing catch up.

Anton668

Driveclub Facebook
Driveclub
2 mins ·
We are working hard to get everyone online as soon as possible.
We have just released another server update that has increased the number of players racing which is good news, but in order to keep building on these numbers we will be running further updates in the coming days that will affect availability of some of the online game features.
Some functions are temporarily unavailable including challenges and social updates, but for those of you that can connect, you will still be able to participate in clubs, leaderboards and online multiplayer races.
This is in addition to the single player Tour mode, custom solo events and car customisation that are available even when you're not connected. We appreciate this isn't ideal but this is really the best way for us to improve server performance and online play for everybody, and we will be switching on these features as further progress is made.
Thanks for bearing with us and sending us your supportive comments. Believe us, we know how frustrating this is for you and we are working non-stop to find the best solution to get you all connected and racing together online.

Update time:

We are working hard to get everyone online as soon as possible.
We have just released another server update that has increased the number of players racing which is good news, but in order to keep building on these numbers we will be running further updates in the coming days that will affect availability of some of the online game features.

Some functions are temporarily unavailable including challenges and social updates, but for those of you that can connect, you will still be able to participate in clubs, leaderboards and online multiplayer races.

This is in addition to the single player Tour mode, custom solo events and car customisation that are available even when you're not connected. We appreciate this isn't ideal but this is really the best way for us to improve server performance and online play for everybody, and we will be switching on these features as further progress is made.

Thanks for bearing with us and sending us your supportive comments. Believe us, we know how frustrating this is for you and we are working non-stop to find the best solution to get you all connected and racing together online.

From DC's facebook.

Seriously, this is beyond ridiculous.

I got connected! Online play is... typically chaotic. People actually aiming for you. Hopefully the idiots will slowly fade away.

welcome to any online racing game ever.

Try and get a group of guys together for a Club and race other Clubs. Nothing better then actual racing against people who don't have to resort to cheap tactics to win.

Greatest racing game of all time for me was Nascar 4 because I was in a serious group of racers who put up with 0 BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom