• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Nafai1123

Banned
Kinda sucks when you set a record lap only to be disconnected by the end and not have your time go up on the leaderboards. I set the fastest lap around SKNO 01 with the Audi R8 V10 in preparation of the GAF league but it didn't show up :( Oh well, at least I took a screenshot.

Mullah88

No one can get online. You're golden for a while.

Lol actually did it last night with the MONO, I'll rather someone else to take the lead, i know i can get the car to at least put up 15k. I just stopped because it took me straight to the top with one drift run

Ok, I'm at the Pro-Trophy event now and this game suddenly got hard. Lap time challenges and such were easy enough but I can't for the life of me finish the first race in the top 3.
What car were you guys using? The Ruf RT12 is too heavy for my taste, the Ferrari Italia handles perfectly but is way too slow and the Savage Rivale has hilariously bad brakes.

Nafai1123

Banned
Ok, I'm at the Pro-Trophy event now and this game suddenly got hard. Lap time challenges and such were easy enough but I can't for the life of me finish the first race in the top 3.
What car were you guys using? The Ruf RT12 is too heavy for my taste, the Ferrari Italia handles perfectly but is way too slow and the Savage Rivale has hilariously bad brakes.

I think I used the 458.

kriskrosbbk

Am I the only frustrated when in a Championship ,if you don't get the second star in round 3 ,you need to go all the way round 1 and 2 ,even though there is nothing left to do there.

Mullah88

Am I the only frustrated when in a Championship ,if you don't get the second star in round 3 ,you need to go all the way round 1 and 2 ,even though there is nothing left to do there.

Don't finish the race if you know you not going to get all 3 stars, restart before you cross the finish line

Ok thanks. I'll try it again with the Ferrari 458. It's weird, that one's stats aren't actually significantly worse and I did fine with it on my very first go at this event. Expect for that one race, where almost every other AI car seems way faster.

viveks86

MAN, last night I literally tried the Spyker drift 25-30 times in a row before I finally nailed it and got 7,457 of the 6,700 I needed. I really love this game, but man that challenge was ROUGH.

Nice. But you ain't seen nothing yet. You are going to need replacement thumbs and index fingers by the time you beat this game :)

The Hennessy Hot Lap is killing me.
Yeah man, it is a battle to get traction without drifting the corners... especially considering when I start to drift I want to push it to the edge instead of rein in the power, and get some grip for best acceleration.

(you are talking about the Chile night track hot lap right)?

viveks86

The Hennessy Hot Lap is killing me.

Same here. I'm short by 0.7 seconds, I know the areas where I could easily improve, but I make the same goddamn mistakes over and over again. This track is so damn technical!

Yeah man, it is a battle to get traction without drifting the corners... especially considering when I start to drift I want to push it to the edge instead of rein in the power, and get some grip for best acceleration.

No. That's easy compared to the Hennessey hot lap. He is referring to the event right before the legend trophy.

Mullah88

Nope, one of the last events in legend. It's an Indian track gotta hit 1:16 with the venom

Auctopus

The Hennessy Hot Lap is a circuit track in India. Though your comments are still relevant to this track too.

Same here. I'm short by 0.7 seconds, I know the areas where I could easily improve, but I make the same goddamn mistakes over and over again. This track is so damn technical!

No. That's easy compared to the Hennessey hot lap. He is referring to the event right before the legend trophy.

Nope, one of the last events in legend. It's an Indian track gotta hit 1:16 with the venom

The Hennessy Hot Lap is a circuit track in India. Though your comments are still relevant to this track too.

Right right right, gotcha... that was the last race I attempted last night, though four beers deep I threw in the towel still a few seconds off the best challenge time.

Nice. But you ain't seen nothing yet. You are going to need replacement thumbs and index fingers by the time you beat this game :)

I actually have over 170 stars, but I was struggling with the Legend stuff, so I'm going back and getting each and every star from the start to fill in the gaps and improve, and that Spyker drift had me hung up for a long time and a big struggle.

edit: BTW, I REALLY wish that once you finished an event, that you could go back and pick a single race and not have to go through the entire series to get stars you missed on the first try.

Garryk

I got all 9 stars with the BAC Mono. It's hard to win the second race because of the long straightaways but you should be able to build up a nice cushion accelerating out of the turns.

-Amon-

If you enjoy racing, there are races to be re-run

If you enjoy stars, restart the race you're missing stars for before reaching the finish line.

le-seb

I still can't download the preorder cars :/
Was this supposed to be fully fixed? Or is it still a known problem?
Look into your Direct from Playstation notifications.
There should be a message waiting, that will redirect you the PS Store with a coupon code that will download functional preorder bonuses (the original ones that fail to download are totally useless).

Uhhh, is the PS+ version up yet?

Also can anyone explain what exactly the online issues are currently? Can you not do anything online?

Nafai1123

Banned
I've found if you want to gain accolade as fast as possible, find a good race circuit and drift every corner. I was getting over 1k points on almost every turn. About 8-10k accolade per lap (which took about a minute each).

I got all 9 stars with the BAC Mono. It's hard to win the second race because of the long straightaways but you should be able to build up a nice cushion accelerating out of the turns.

I just came in first on the first track with the Ferrari. What the heck have I been doing before? lol

rav

Uhhh, is the PS+ version up yet?

Also can anyone explain what exactly the online issues are currently? Can you not do anything online?

I just purchased it a few days ago, I played it last night a bit, and was intermittently disconnected from online, looks like things are getting better from what I heard that it wasn't working at all before. But I doubt they'll turn on the PS+ version until it gets resolved entirely.

Which setting lets you turn off the 'disconnected/reconnected to/from the server' message that scrolls slowly across your steering wheel in bright red/green while you're trying to race? It's really distracting and often happens multiple times per race. I don't know why they couldn't have just gone with a small icon in the corner.
OSD Transparency. Set that to zero and you'll lose that message, along with a lot of other stuff you probably don't need either.

Jimrpg

The drifting is really hard - I'm doing the amateur one in India Tamil Nadu... I got 6300 points, need 6700... I basically have to nail every one plus some extra.... I worry that its already pretty hard and its only amateur.... should I just do every race and worry about stars later? i.e. try and unlock cars first and then come back and do the race with faster cars? Or should I just do every event and try to get all the stars with the car that I have available before moving onto the next race?

Also I'm starting to see why the penalties are annoying. Its not annoying me.... yet... and I don't mind if I'm in a 'race' gunning for first or top 3, BUT its annoying to get a penalty when you're going for a lap time or clean race. Most of the time I put it down to the fact I'm too slow into the corner thats why I get hit, but there are a few times where i'm shunted for no particular reason.

I'm still having a ton of fun.

le-seb

should I just do every race and worry about stars later?
Yup, that's how I'm doing it.
Failed miserably on this drifting event you're describing, got only the first star, spent more than one hour trying to fucking drift the Spyker, couldn't, and finally decided that drifting (and a pair of other challenges later in the game) was not my thing, wasn't worth to get mad at it, which didn't prevent me from unlocking the professional events.

Anarion07

Look into your Direct from Playstation notifications.
There should be a message waiting, that will redirect you the PS Store with a coupon code that will download functional preorder bonuses (the original ones that fail to download are totally useless).

Thanks!

And god how I hate some people in Multiplayer.
I break to not rear-end-turn some guy infront of me since im not a jerk, overtake him and the next turn --> he rams and turns the fuck out of me.

Thanks!

And god how I hate some people in Multiplayer.
I break to not rear-end-turn some guy infront of me since im not a jerk, overtake him and the next turn --> he rams and turns the fuck out of me.
The worst is when you are on the last straighaway with someone racing on the same team as you neck and neck and they purposefully spin you out to take first and send you to the back of the pack.

Salvatron

I am loving time trials. It's always the primary game mode in any racer for me and I'm digging the constant push to get better turns/avg speeds all to get on the boards with a solid best lap time.

Unforunately, the random server drops are ruining it. I'll spend upwards of an hour on a track running laps. Racking up to 60K+ in XP. All of which ends up missing my club (Brotatoes) when I 'Finish Event' due to lack of server connection.

It looks like my lap times get saved and uploaded later (can someone confirm?)... but do the points I earned toward my club come back too or is that shit gone?

poros1ty

Got my new high score for Pagani drift - 9292. Feels good :)

Also got 225/225 stars last night finally. Ariel atom event with sub 1:23 lap took me hours to complete, but finally figured out how to drive the car. More speed = more grip: problem was I was taking the corners too slow.

Nafai1123

Banned
I am loving time trials. It's always the primary game mode in any racer for me and I'm digging the constant push to get better turns/avg speeds all to get on the boards with a solid best lap time.

Unforunately, the random server drops are ruining it. I'll spend upwards of an hour on a track running laps. Racking up to 60K+ in XP. All of which ends up missing my club (Brotatoes) when I 'Finish Event' due to lack of server connection.

It looks like my lap times get saved and uploaded later (can someone confirm?)... but do the points I earned toward my club points come back too or is that shit gone?

The points still go towards your club when you connect again, but I don't think the lap times do (at least not that I've seen). It's annoying.

CozMick

Banned
Can't believe they haven't sorted this yet.....

It's Friday. I want to play the game online, not mess about to the point of frustration trying to download a patch, struggle to connect, then fail to enter races once I actually connect.

I've legitimately spent more time trying to play the game than I have playing the game.

This is the worst game launch I can remember. It will soon be going on 2 weeks of non service for a game I paid for. Way too long.

I have to agree. Since I managed to download 1.04 the servers have been worse.

I spend more time booting up the game and sitting at the main menu with my fingers crossed......

It never connects :'(

Salvatron

The points still go towards your club when you connect again, but I don't think the lap times do (at least not that I've seen). It's annoying.

... i really hope thats not the case, i got a 48sec lap in india this morning that would have put me in the top 10 globally.

Anarion07

... i really hope thats not the case, i got a 48sec lap in india this morning that would have put me in the top 10 globally.

Well that's what's making me despair atm.
I really LOVE this game, but only like 10% of my times are transferred into the leaderboards, and I'm talking about events I finish when im online and connected.
I could cry.

edit:
Which got me thinking.
Is it possible that events that you finished already and only do reruns don't go into the leaderboards?

ARGH. I noticed that suddenly I was getting those on-track micro-challenge things while I was time-trialing a course, so I thought "huh, maybe it's all fixed?"

Of course not. When I went to multiplayer I *could*, for the first time, actually see events (progress!), but when I would try to join any of them all I would get is an error or a disconnect. I could activate the "check" thing, but it would never actually trigger the lobby.

My biggest annoyance is that when you do connect for multiplayer it seems to take FOREVER to sync and then get to vehicle select. And then after the race there is another huge gap between races. Way, way too much downtime between races.

Prototype

I used the 458,it was rather easy. Get gud. Lol.

Seriously tho, just practice the tracks more in single player, you're either braking too much and/or your line needs work.

Top Bottom