• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

The patches may be making things better, but if they're running disruptive diagnostic tests at the same time it could make things seem worse than it is. I hope there's some kind of tech tear-down later that covers what went wrong and how they fixed it. It seems to have been something of a perfect storm.
Didn't Rushy say that they will be running diagnostic tests that will interfere with players being able to get online?

Finnaly I was able to complete the 3 stars of the venom hot lap! 3 days working on it.

But sadly I'm getting tired of trying to join a multiplayer race, 90% the time It just give me an error. I'm losing more time trying to play, than actually playing. :(

This.

dano1

A Sheep
Junior please......stop guessing. Im perfectly fine with my PS4! Dont bring my PS4 into the fuck up EVO created

Sorry Member. I'm glad you like your PS4.

So no Motorstorm even if it's the best off-road racer ever. Nothing ever from them no matter what. Your done for good. Nada. Not going to happen....

Hugstable

Banned
Hope the online is up and running perfect soon, once it is for everyone I'm gonna pick up the game, heard others mention that your single player progress ties into multiplayer features (club points) so I'm waiting til I'm for sure the online is up and running before I buy. I really wanna go drifting now though!

nw3

Updated the game and finally just had my first multiplayer match after trying since the minute the game unlocked in the UK - after all that wait not a pleasant experience. Half the other cars were glitching and going transparent then when the race finished the game froze and crashed.

Sorry but this is a complete joke. Unforgivable. My patience has run out

Just wondering............since there is literally no mechanic available for custom races, how are we going to have custom races?

Just wondering............since there is literally no mechanic available for custom races, how are we going to have custom races?
You can have people join your session and race each other with some randoms in the mix. To have club vs club races we will have to wait for private lobbies.

Yeah I had a crash last night too.

Was playing DriveClub but bounced to the menus to check on trophies before putting the console into standby like I usually do - and I noticed that the usual PS4 menu music wasn't playing - it was still playing DriveClub menu music. Weird. Jumped back into the game and back to the menu - yep - still playing the DriveClub music.

I probably should have specifically closed the DriveClub program, but as a creature of habit I ended up putting the PS4 into standby, but rather than going to sleep like usual, I got three beeps , flashing white lights on the console and a screen with nothing but a circular progress/loading bar, perpetually spinning.

I had to do the manual shutdown (holding power for seven seconds or so) and when I booted the PS4 back up it had to do a disk check.

Not having online is one thing, but crashes make me nervous, and will hopefully help me avoid the game for a few days - something I've tried and failed miserably to do several times already.

Jesus, the servers are still shit almost two weeks later? I'm kinda glad I got rid of this. I really really enjoyed the game but this is inexcusable. I'll stick to the + version whenever it comes out and pick it up down the road for a cheaper price. I hope they learn from their mistakes on whatever game they make next.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
I'm encountering a weird bug there i can't quit a race. Options Button -> Quit -> Confirm then it goes back to the pause menu as if I press cancel.

Loudninja

Hope the online is up and running perfect soon, once it is for everyone I'm gonna pick up the game, heard others mention that your single player progress ties into multiplayer features (club points) so I'm waiting til I'm for sure the online is up and running before I buy. I really wanna go drifting now though!
For me personally it has gotten much better.

farmerboy

Gonna give this a mini break, (2-3 days) and see how it is when I get back.

It's really weird how all the different aspects of online are so intermittent. Leaderboards are a 50/50 prospect for me at the moment. Face offs seem to be there all the time though. Multi is like a mirage, you think it's there then it's not. When I do get on for a race it's solid, so that's a plus.

I think I'll cry the first time I get on and the Challenges section is lit up, having seen the rest of the game this could be the most awesome part by far.

There is a sensational game waiting for us when all this gets sorted.

It's easy to get pissed but the game is good enough so far that I'm more than willing to cut them some slack.

nw3

my crash was on the "communicating with server. please wait" infinite spinning wheel thing following the end of a multiplayer rase - game just froze and that was that

When thy patch them in.

I don't know...just seems wired...

Was the full online experience ever actually in the retail/digital version of the game? For anyone? Did anybody ever see a menu for anything to do with creating online races and whatnot?

Like, did the game launch with full online capability, hit a bug and force Evo to patch out the bugged features?

If not, doesn't it mean that I was sold a game by a company who already knew it wasn't working? Why would the main advertised features of the game not be in the base code of the game?

Sorry. I'm just getting pissed off now.

farmerboy

Was the full online experience ever actually in the retail/digital version of the game? For anyone? Did anybody ever see a menu for anything to do with creating online races and whatnot?

Like, did the game launch with full online capability, hit a bug and force Evo to patch out the bugged features?

If not, doesn't it mean that I was sold a game by a company who already knew it wasn't working? Why would the main advertised features of the game not be in the base code of the game?

Could be under the Challenge section seeing as that's the only part we haven't seen, well I haven't anyway.

As in "Vegemite Thunder challenges the Toronto Six to this custom race"

Hugstable

Banned
For me personally it has gotten much better.

That's what I've been hearing, and plus now I've been seeing alot of people posting about the Time Trials so I'm guessing it working alot better for some. Saw some video of the drifting physics yesterday and that instantly got me hooked and wanting to play the game.

Vol5

I'm starting to get really frustrated with it. I have some great times on time trial and in tour mode and want to see where I am globally yet it either doesn't update or seems incredibly slow. I beat my own time on the venom hot lap hoping to break into the top 10 yet it hasn't updated or worse lost my time completely. Just done a great lap on Bandipur in a Merc ALG which I compared to the top time and I beat it but I'm nowhere on the leaderboards. I'm going to assume that when you do a lap the time is then sent straight to the servers? Is this correct? Because if yes, it's still very, very broken.

Shaneus

Talk to Rapier. He had it a good few days before launch and was loving every bit of it, including things like challenges.

I'm going to try and take a break from DC for a few days to put some points on the board for HorizonGAF, but will return once the servers seem stabilized or the OS 2.0 patch hits (custom soundtrack baby)
As much as I love the game, I don't blame you for taking a break. Kings is appreciative of your contribution to the club :)

Talk to Rapier. He had it a good few days before launch and was loving every bit of it, including things like challenges.

Did he say anything about creating races? Were the online races just random pre-made lobbies that you had no control over like they are now?

Spades

Just downloaded the update and... Your connection to the DRIVECLUB server has been lost. How frustrating. Again.

Okay.. I am having trouble with this update it won't download for me, can someone link me to the post that says how I can get it to work?

As much as I love the game, I don't blame you for taking a break. Kings is appreciative of your contribution to the club :)
My pleasure. Have been loving every bit of it - when it works :)

But I think I've only seen other club times on the leaderboard once so far, maybe twice? I don't even know if that's the servers timing out, or not showing data that's been posted, or if you guys are farther back in the tour and haven't set times yet, or if you're ahead of me and have posted times and they've been eaten. Or maybe it only shows other clubmates times that are also on your friends list?

Its hard to tell with everything in flux.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Did he say anything about creating races? Were the online races just random pre-made lobbies that you had no control over like they are now?

As far as I could tell, yes, that seemed to be how it worked.

I didn't dive into multiplayer races like at all, I was too busy with the challenges.

However, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to compete in a private session with your friends with a menu to alter the race parameters.

Seems like a silly thing to leave out.

viveks86

However, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to compete in a private session with your friends with a menu to alter the race parameters.

Seems like a silly thing to leave out.

They are including this in a future update. It's probably the most requested MP feature at this point.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
I posted a little video a while back mocking my crashes, some of them are just me purely rage quitting a race.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=1534060010174632

They are including this in a future update. It's probably the most requested MP feature at this point.

Oh wow, that's really weird.

BTW did you see me a few nights ago getting pit maneuvered out of first place in the Chile observatory race you and LookAtMeGo were in? It was crazy. I was in the McLaren (unfair advantage), I think you were using an Aston Martin. :p

I quit the race shortly after finally breaking away from the pack and getting a solid lead... >_>

OmegaDL50

OMG that is such BS.... GAH...

The updates to v1.04 and other recent PSN updates has nothing to do with Evolution Studios as I said in a previous post of mine.

So I can semi-confirm the Driveclub update to 1.04 issues is not related to Evolution Studios but rather may be related to Sony and PSN nonsense itself.

Because I also got an update for Pier Solar as well and just like the Driveclub patch to 1.04 both failed to properly download.

So if both these games got affected by the update issue, I wouldn't be surprised if other games had this problem as well.

viveks86

BTW did you see me a few nights ago getting pit maneuvered out of first place in the Chile observatory race you and LookAtMeGo were in? It was crazy. I was in the McLaren (unfair advantage), I think you were using an Aston Martin. :p

Oh wow. Had no idea :D

That's a really weird thing to have as an afterthought.

Agreed. Apart from the server situation, it's my only real gripe. All the other "missing features" are nice to have, but a private lobby is essential for this kind of a game.

TheMan

i was hoping against hope they'd get things ironed out by today and release the game before the weekend. oh well.

Vodh

Guys, do yourselves a favour:

Track: The Kyle, reversed.
Weather: cloudy.
Time: 6AM
Timelapse: x60

And jump in a hyper car.

You haven't played Driveclub if you haven't done this.

To be fair, the game looks gorgeous and plays great pretty much all the time, but every now and then you just have a 'HOLY SHIT' moment with it and this was my most recent.

I haven't had this much fun with a racing game since Crash Team Racing.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
For those that play in the cockpit view do you have trouble seeing the tachometer and the speedometer? I'm driving the Mini Cooper and when its sunny outside (in the game) I can't see the tachometer. I try to go by engine sound for when to gear up/down but the engine sound in the car isn't very loud (versus another racing game that came out recently). Does anyone else have this problem? How do you get around it? Just change the camera?

Probably already mentioned (I'm trying to catch up on the last 4-5 pages since last night) but it you have problems seeing the rev counter then pay attention to the drivers hands (right hand for paddle shift and left hand drive cars, left hand for right hand cars where paddles don't apply). As the enging starts reaching max revs he starts lifting his finger or hand off the wheel, that is time to change. :V

kyser73

Sorry Member. I'm glad you like your PS4.

So no Motorstorm even if it's the best off-road racer ever. Nothing ever from them no matter what. Your done for good. Nada. Not going to happen....

You're talking to 'The Last of Us Remastered will definitely be 30fps.' so safe to ignore the hyperbole.

Oh my god I'm close to throwing my ps4 out the window. That venom hot lap is ridiculous. I keep getting just shy of 1:16 :(

B0Fmy5WIIAElFcD.jpg

No prob here;)

Top Bottom