• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Wynnebeck

Banned
Still can't connect online. I'm a fairly patient guy, bu even this is pushing my limits. I don't want to keep playing the SP until I know my points are going to my club.

Rodelero

I am loving time trials. It's always the primary game mode in any racer for me and I'm digging the constant push to get better turns/avg speeds all to get on the boards with a solid best lap time.

Unforunately, the random server drops are ruining it. I'll spend upwards of an hour on a track running laps. Racking up to 60K+ in XP. All of which ends up missing my club (Brotatoes) when I 'Finish Event' due to lack of server connection.

It looks like my lap times get saved and uploaded later (can someone confirm?)... but do the points I earned toward my club come back too or is that shit gone?

Pretty sure they don't. I knocked out a time which would have put me #1, but got disconnected momentarily before crossing the line. Though locally it seemed to save everything (time, ghost), it didn't appear on the leaderboards. Before I got the chance to put myself #1 all over again, some absolute bastard took about .75 seconds further out of the lap :(

Pretty sure they don't. I knocked out a time which would have put me #1, but got disconnected momentarily before crossing the line. Though locally it seemed to save everything (time, ghost), it didn't appear on the leaderboards. Before I got the chance to put myself #1 all over again, some absolute bastard took about .75 seconds further out of the lap :(
I had one of mine upload. It took a long time though, and I did leave the screen running.

Same here. I'm short by 0.7 seconds, I know the areas where I could easily improve, but I make the same goddamn mistakes over and over again. This track is so damn technical!
I'm off by 2 seconds, gah!

Speaking of tracks, the open corners of SKN0 are pretty damn hilarious in online races. It seems no one is capable of getting the second bend without overshooting it.

dano1

A Sheep
I only have 1 friend that's likes racing games and he's waiting for the ps + version. Oh well.
So as long as you don't set times in top 100 all day long (I would like to have a top time in my club on a few tracks) :) I've already purchased the season pass so I'm in for the long hall. And if down the road you want to start your own club no hard feelings if you jump ship. I just want some times to chase for now.

Just reply with your Ps name if your interested.

dannethmps

Neo Member
Got my new high score for Pagani drift - 9292. Feels good :)

Also got 225/225 stars last night finally. Ariel atom event with sub 1:23 lap took me hours to complete, but finally figured out how to drive the car. More speed = more grip: problem was I was taking the corners too slow.

Pretty much what I was doing, there was a point when I thought this is near on impossible, but once you master the Atom it's quite a weapon...

Salvatron

Yeah... those fractions of a second can be a real bummer, man.

And re: lap times: dissapointing. I'm glad things are improving with the servers, but damn, RIP lap times. Guess that means the current leaderboards are still inaccurate and that there's probably a much higher granularity among time differences just out there waiting to get recognized.

Has their been any official timeline in terms of weather implementation + other missing features?

Yeah... those fractions of a second can be a real bummer, man.

And re: lap times: dissapointing. I'm glad things are improving with the servers, but damn, RIP lap times. Guess that means the current leaderboards are still inaccurate and that there's probably a much higher granularity among time differences just out there waiting to get recognized.

Has their been any official timeline in terms of weather implementation + other missing features?
Yes, before the end of the year.

'Weather' or not the current issues will hold any of the back, who knows.

SxP

Motion steering is pretty fun in cockpit view, though my mind cannot cope with it using chase cam for some reason.

btkadams

Still can't connect online. I'm a fairly patient guy, bu even this is pushing my limits. I don't want to keep playing the SP until I know my points are going to my club.

I'm just taking a break from the game until they fix the bullshit. I managed to get online and play a couple races and it was SO MUCH more fun than the single player, so I say to just wait. Don't get burned out on the game by just playing things offline. Even the tour stuff is more fun with an online connection.

Yeah, I would suggest holding off. I was able to connect last night and the SP even has more depth when online (dynamic challenges, leaderboard, etc).

Game is so good, shame it's not yet fully functional.

I've been away from home the majority of the time since the game launched but so far I've only had one error free night of playtime out of four. Last night I got disconnected from the servers mid-race and the game locked up on me about a half a lap later.

I really love what I've been able to play so far but it's hard to understand how Sony/Evo could have been unprepared to support the network requirements for this game. Unless 90% of the sales were digital surely they would have at least made sure the game supported as many players as they pressed discs for each region?

AndyD

aka andydumi
I'm just taking a break from the game until they fix the bullshit. I managed to get online and play a couple races and it was SO MUCH more fun than the single player, so I say to just wait. Don't get burned out on the game by just playing things offline. Even the tour stuff is more fun with an online connection.

Indeed. The dynamic challenges really turn it all up several notches. Too bad so many people ended up missing out on all that. They really botched the launch, and while they are working hard, and things will work out long term, a lot of damage is already done.

bombshell

225/225 stars :D

The drift events were by far the biggest challenges for me, fuck them.

The Legend tour events weren't nearly as hard as I had feared.

So I need to take a break from alien isolation because I am too much of a wuss.

Diving back into driveclub again this weekend, does anyone know what exactly the best way to drift is? I can't do it for the life of me

boon

Still getting dropped, and can't get a multiplayer race for the life of me. Checked latest Facebook update.
giphy.gif

GodofWine

So I need to take a break from alien isolation because I am too much of a wuss.

Diving back into driveclub again this weekend, does anyone know what exactly the best way to drift is? I can't do it for the life of me

Come into the turn on the inside, at last moment kinda flick the car out then in, on the in part jam the handbrake and down shift, floor it, feather the brake to control it .... miss the goal by 3 points and yell at the T.V.

TheTwelve

So I can semi-confirm the Driveclub update to 1.04 issues is not related to Evolution Studios but rather may be related to Sony and PSN nonsense itself.

Because I also got an update for Pier Solar as well and just like the Driveclub patch to 1.04 both failed to properly download.

So if both these games got affected by the update issue, I wouldn't be surprised if other games had this problem as well.

I'm going through the same exact mess with Drive Club and Pier Solar.

anx10us

Banned
I simply cannot believe that multiplayer is still not working, any idea how to get a refund on a digital download ? Its beyond belief that they could have fucked this up so badly, I want to love this game, I want to recommend to friends , I want everyone to see what a great game it is, in its current state I'm embarrassed to have bought it. There is simply no excuse for the ongoing issues ...

OSHAN

I shelved it around this time last week. I can't believe it has taken this long. If I knew this shit would have happened I would have picked up LotR, beat that shit, and traded it in for DC when the servers went up. Oh well. Guess I'll keep waiting.

dano1

A Sheep
I simply cannot believe that multiplayer is still not working, any idea how to get a refund on a digital download ? Its beyond belief that they could have fucked this up so badly, I want to love this game, I want to recommend to friends , I want everyone to see what a great game it is, in its current state I'm embarrassed to have bought it. There is simply no excuse for the ongoing issues ...

It's better than it was last week next week will be better than this week get where I'm going. I'm pretty sure they didn't say all support is done and that's how it going to be...
You ever hear of Battlefield

Multiplayer is so fun when it works. But as of now it simply takes to long to connect and synch with lobbies, not to mention 75 percent of the time it'll just kick you out after you've waited in the lobby.

I even got kicked mid race once before.

Hopefully it gets fixed. Multiplayer us so fun when it works. Love the simplicity of the lobby and car selection system.

It's better than it was last week next week will be better than this week get where I'm going. I'm pretty sure they didn't say all support is done and that's how it going to be...
You ever hear of Battlefield
I could actually play a tiny bit last week. It's been dead for me this week.

impact

Banned
All the patch did was make it worse. This is moving from a bad launch to a trainwreck.

Unable to play this game 10+ days later....

Cyborg

I will never support EVO's work in the future! They delayed the game for a year and now this happens, if it was 1 day I could forgive them but its now 10 days and a lot of gamers still have trouble to play the game.

Like I said I will never buy a single game from EVO.

I dont care! A lot of gamers bought the game it is just sad that you cant play online or even connect! This is worse than BF4.
Last I knew Battlefied 4 still eats your campaign saves.

The DriveClub situation is shit, but its not nearly the rolling farce that was and is BF4.

I'm going to try and take a break from DC for a few days to put some points on the board for HorizonGAF, but will return once the servers seem stabilized or the OS 2.0 patch hits (custom soundtrack baby)

I will never support EVO's work in the future! They delayed the game for a year and now this happens, if it was 1 day I could forgive them but its now 10 days and a lot of gamers still have trouble to play the game.

Yeah, it has gone on a bit longer than I would say is acceptable, in terms of the improvements over time.

If it was still a bit flaky but for the most part usable for all then I'd say that's still 'fine', but it is still in a big, big mess. Connecting does seem a little bit easier, but not by that much over launch day (only have UK to go by).

Game delay is irrelevant to it though.

dano1

A Sheep

Yeah ok. So when motor storm comes out and has rave reviews your not buying it. YOU should never buy a game or console day 1. I'm sure you complained about the PS4 launch also.

Yeah, it has gone on a bit longer than I would say is acceptable, in terms of the improvements over time.

If it was still a bit flaky but for the most part usable for all then I'd say that's still 'fine', but it is still in a big, big mess. Connecting does seem a little bit easier, but not by that much over launch day (only have UK to go by).

Game delay is irrelevant to it though.

The patches may be making things better, but if they're running disruptive diagnostic tests at the same time it could make things seem worse than it is. I hope there's some kind of tech tear-down later that covers what went wrong and how they fixed it. It seems to have been something of a perfect storm.

Gaz_RB

My exact situation. I just wanna play the game as it is supposed to be played.

The patches may be making things better, but if they're running disruptive diagnostic tests at the same time it could make things seem worse than it is.
Yeah, that's my optimistic assessment. Diagnostic overhead could definitely mess things up, but is the best way to isolate the problems and hasten a real fix.

meppi

Last I knew Battlefied 4 still eats your campaign saves.

The DriveClub situation is shit, but its not nearly the rolling farce that was and is BF4.

Exactly! :)

Anyway, if anyone is addicted to time trial like I am, please add me as I'd like some times to shoot for. meppi64

I can't wait to see what EVO puts out next. Every game they have made has been incredible IMO, including DC. Server issues be damned!
Fix this shit Guerrilla!

Codeblew

The drifting is really hard - I'm doing the amateur one in India Tamil Nadu... I got 6300 points, need 6700... I basically have to nail every one plus some extra.... I worry that its already pretty hard and its only amateur.... should I just do every race and worry about stars later? i.e. try and unlock cars first and then come back and do the race with faster cars? Or should I just do every event and try to get all the stars with the car that I have available before moving onto the next race?

Also I'm starting to see why the penalties are annoying. Its not annoying me.... yet... and I don't mind if I'm in a 'race' gunning for first or top 3, BUT its annoying to get a penalty when you're going for a lap time or clean race. Most of the time I put it down to the fact I'm too slow into the corner thats why I get hit, but there are a few times where i'm shunted for no particular reason.

I'm still having a ton of fun.

I was stuggling with drifting until it just clicked with me last night. Use automatic transmission since it is easier. When approaching a drift zone hold down the ebrake while keeping the throttle down. Once the rear end loses traction sufficiently enough to get drift points, release the ebrake and keep drifting as long as possible. You may have to feather the throttle a bit at this point to keep on track.

Cyborg

Yeah ok. So when motor storm comes out and has rave reviews your not buying it. YOU should never buy a game or console day 1. I'm sure you complained about the PS4 launch also.

Junior please......stop guessing. Im perfectly fine with my PS4! Dont bring my PS4 into the fuck up EVO created

Loudninja

So I guess they updated the servers because synching in the lobby is much faster now.

No errors getting to every match now.

gl0w

Finnaly I was able to complete the 3 stars of the venom hot lap! 3 days working on it.

But sadly I'm getting tired of trying to join a multiplayer race, 90% the time It just give me an error. I'm losing more time trying to play, than actually playing. :(

Top Bottom