• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Me doing the hot lap.
billy-madison.gif

I'm going to try this tonight and if this doesn't work I will file a complaint with the better business bureau. Jesus Christ.

Kidding but I hope it works it's been too clunky for me online(Long load times, disconnects, transparent racers etc.

Challenges are unlocked for me for the first time since getting it last Saturday.

Edit: Throws up an error when trying to send the challenge out.

Evolution should really add a challenge group feature so that, for example, gaffers could create challenges and leaderboards just for us. Not quite a club, but just a place for all of us to compete.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Wow this game gets tough fast I'm about halfway through amateur tour and starting to struggle.

Sucks the online is still so in and orlut making it tough to unlock and use club cars.

Hoje0308

Banned
Wow this game gets tough fast I'm about halfway through amateur tour and starting to struggle.

Sucks the online is still so in and orlut making it tough to unlock and use club cars.

Be really aggressive and don't bother too much with trying to pass on the outside, as you'll most likely get pushed off on exit. And don't let the AI muscle you around, or it'll cost you too many positions when you're midfield.

Sorry but my english sucks... What do you mean by "to feather"? I know what a feather is for a bird but in our context, I don't understand.

I've always taken it to mean that you should lightly let off the throttle a bit and then lightly put it on again. Almost tapping the throttle but very, very lightly so you you hold the grip and don't spin up the tyres.

I'm not good at it, i'm nowhere sensitive enough :)

Hoje0308

Banned
Is drive club worth 40 bucks

Depends on what kind of racers you like. Do you like arcade racers with a hint of sim? Can you handle aggressive AI, or will that get on your nervers?

The track design is great and the sense of speed is unreal, but your enjoyment of it will probably hinge on how you answer the above questions.

is there any space left in any club made of gaffers ?

I'm LTTP , but my game is finally there . can't wait to race online with you all.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
It sounds like an evolution (no pun intended) of the original Need for Speed which I still have fond memories of playing on my 3DO. It was quite the visceral driving experience at the time and this game appears to have captured that same feeling.

I got this feeling from a few of the Point-2-Point races, reminded me of that third route (Not the City or Coastal) with all the large trees. The first time I raced up this particular hill I got flashbacks to 1994, no other racing game has done that to me since the 3DO game, and I mean that in a good way.

Top Bottom