• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Shaneus

I got this feeling from a few of the Point-2-Point races, reminded me of that third route (Not the City or Coastal) with all the large trees. The first time I raced up this particular hill I got flashbacks to 1994, no other racing game has done that to me since the 3DO game, and I mean that in a good way.
Yes! You're exactly right on that point. Good call.

iFootball

So... what the fuck GAZ ???

0KvIeHi.jpg

Shaneus

So face-offs are now working? I was just doing a time trial career event and about six or seven laps in, face-offs started appearing! Very cool.

farmerboy

Doing events with the Bac Mono is like having cheat codes on lol. This vehicle is so awesome.

Fucking love it, it just sticks like glue. First go with it I must have done about 20 laps, just kept going in circles. You couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

Gaming crack.

Hugstable

Banned
After deliberating over this game for so long with many instances where I both wanted the game and didn't want the game, I finally have given into my insatiable need to play a Racing game and have bought Driveclub. The news that Project Cars was getting delayed was one of the final tipping points into finally getting me to come to the side of Driveclub, but I need some next-gen racing, and I really want to drift. Even if it doesn't allow me to tune cars, at this point I don't even care anymore, I just want to speed along these beautiful vistas all the while shifting down and getting ready to drift the next corner.

Also if there are any clubs with a spot open, let me know. Gonna try to jump into the game and get stuff figured out (hopefully I can play online and get club point already) either way I just need to race.

drotahorror

It's 2x as frustrating when trying to play multiplayer with another person in your session. Consider yourself lucky if both of you make it into a race. Out of 6 attempts we only managed to get into 1 race. Either I would get dropped or my buddy would get dropped.

Then not to mention how horrifically long it takes to sync to players. Even after the race is over you wait 30 seconds for the next track and then has to sync to players again. In fact I haven't ever played 2 races in succession in the same lobby. Something always happens. It took us 30 minutes to play 1 race.

Please Evo, please Sony, fix your servers.

That's how i see you since ... ages , well since i've added you as friend on PSN
I hate to say this, but our friendship is a lie!

Unless you mean it with iFootball over there, otherwise known as the fiery soccerballed NullPointer on PSN (so you're the one!). I'm the Helghast helmeted NullPointer256 on PSN and a shambling giant of a NullPointer256 on Xbox Live.

Huh.

Well, everything in my life now makes sense.

After deliberating over this game for so long with many instances where I both wanted the game and didn't want the game, I finally have given into my insatiable need to play a Racing game and have bought Driveclub. The news that Project Cars was getting delayed was one of the final tipping points into finally getting me to come to the side of Driveclub, but I need some next-gen racing, and I really want to drift. Even if it doesn't allow me to tune cars, at this point I don't even care anymore, I just want to speed along these beautiful vistas all the while shifting down and getting ready to drift the next corner.

Also if there are any clubs with a spot open, let me know. Gonna try to jump into the game and get stuff figured out (hopefully I can play online and get club point already) either way I just need to race.
You won't regret it

Mullah88

It's 2x as frustrating when trying to play multiplayer with another person in your session. Consider yourself lucky if both of you make it into a race. Out of 6 attempts we only managed to get into 1 race. Either I would get dropped or my buddy would get dropped.

Then not to mention how horrifically long it takes to sync to players. Even after the race is over you wait 30 seconds for the next track and then has to sync to players again. In fact I haven't ever played 2 races in succession in the same lobby. Something always happens. It took us 30 minutes to play 1 race.

Please Evo, please Sony, fix your servers.
if group session does not work, go into party chat and co-ordinate with your friend, you can go into events as single and it'll put you guys in the same lobby/server

iFootball

That's how i see you since ... ages , well since i've added you as friend on PSN

Unless you mean it with iFootball over there, otherwise known as the fiery soccerballed NullPointer on PSN (so you're the one!). I'm the Helghast helmeted NullPointer256 on PSN and a shambling giant of a NullPointer256 on Xbox Live.

Huh.

We can all be friends, right?.... Right? :(

I knew this day would come... lol...

Apex_Predator

Neo Member
How's this game running now and is it an arcade racer? I'm debating on getting this or FH2. I'm trying to go with the more arcade racer of the 2, however, I'm leaning more towards this game since I play my PS4 a lot more than my XB1.

is there a club out there I can join? been waiting to join one but with the connection so spotty I am not able to. seems a bit more stable now though.

Hugstable

Banned
Woah this game downloading pretty darn fast for me! Took like 30 minutes and went to go eat some dinner and come back and the game and update are good to go. Well shieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet time to get racing.

Hugstable

Banned
heh I love how the game just throws you into the first race so quickly. Ended up placing first, got a good feel for the controls and love the way the game handles. I mostly love GT style sim racing, but I always had a soft spot for a few arcadey racers like Wipeout, NFSU, and Ridge Racer. Feels like a great hybrid, and the sense of speed is amazing. I used the first person hood cam haha.

Hugstable

Banned
Time to get myself situated with playing on manual now, really loving these menus.

EDIT: UGH Why did I not buy this game earlier, this shit is amazing. OMG that second track with the lighting *drools*

Huh.

We can all be friends, right?.... Right? :(

I knew this day would come... lol...

Oh man our leaderboards are going to be so confusing now... lol

LOOOOOL

Confusing indeed

But we're DRIVECLUB friends, rival and everything that comes in between !

How's this game running now and is it an arcade racer? I'm debating on getting this or FH2. I'm trying to go with the more arcade racer of the 2, however, I'm leaning more towards this game since I play my PS4 a lot more than my XB1.
Can't say anything about FH2 but all I think about is drive club lol.

It's an awesome game and is more on the arcade side than sim for sure. But not 100% arcade.

Online challenges and leaderboards are awesome when they work. Clubs too. And it's been getting much better. I can connect and stay connected 85% of the time now.

When it gets to 99% it's gonna be amazing.

Plus the free updates coming up:
Weather
Photo mode
Replays
New locations

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
So... what the fuck GAZ ???

0KvIeHi.jpg

Fastest I've seen so far was 6,000 something. Have ran across several in the thousands, so clearly some major glitching going on. Despite that I'm enjoying the faceoffs. Though I tend to do shitty in recess from trying to best them!

Hugstable

Banned
Just used the Golf GTI, the quiet whine of the turbo spooling up and the blow off are pretty damn spot on. Amazing Sound design EVO

Hatchbacks are joy to drive in this game, which is surprising to me. Even after driving hyper cars a lot I still found myself playing Putre Chile time trial with Renault Clio sometimes.

viveks86

Fastest I've seen so far was 6,000 something. Have ran across several in the thousands, so clearly some major glitching going on. Despite that I'm enjoying the faceoffs. Though I tend to do shitty in recess from trying to best them!

Evo explained this glitch today. At times it mixes up drift points with average speed. Will get patched

GodofWine

My biggest peave with the servers is when it doesn't take a time and update the leaderboard...I thought it was at worst delayed, but man o man, I put a few times down earlier that just didnt register...tomorrow we try again..

dano1

A Sheep

I'm in the same boat with the club thing my friends are getting the free version so I don't even have a member yet. And don't really want to race without getting club points. I will send you a invite. If you want to do your own club later that's fine also. What a great game when it works!! It seems to be getting better!

Oneself

EDIT: UGH Why did I not buy this game earlier, this shit is amazing. OMG that second track with the lighting *drools*

Wait til you get to faster cars. It's almost scary. Well, it is... for the first few races until you get to the next category. Oh and going downhill is amazing. :)

My biggest peave with the servers is when it doesn't take a time and update the leaderboard...I thought it was at worst delayed, but man o man, I put a few times down earlier that just didnt register...tomorrow we try again..

Sometimes they are delayed by up to an hour or so oddly enough but yeah I know what you're saying. The inconsistency of it is the worst because sometimes as soon as you hit continue it posts and other times it's delayed or never.

I am dlynchster on PSN, if I asked to join your club please accept :p

anyone want to join my club? Club name is Brownstown and my id is xtwo
5th choice if the other 4 requests don't work out, lol. If I asked to join 4 clubs does that count only the latest one?

heh I love how the game just throws you into the first race so quickly. Ended up placing first, got a good feel for the controls and love the way the game handles. I mostly love GT style sim racing, but I always had a soft spot for a few arcadey racers like Wipeout, NFSU, and Ridge Racer. Feels like a great hybrid, and the sense of speed is amazing. I used the first person hood cam haha.

Ewwww. Use dash cam or cockpit to enjoy those godly window reflections. It's in that regatd that driveclub visually feels unique and next-gen. Goind down a dirty street in the slums of India at 150 mph in a pagani with the Sun reflecting off of your windshield is breathtaking.

If you don't like the cockpit view because it takes away scene real estate. Then use dashboard cam.

Top Bottom