• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

lordxar

I think the difficulty for the new tours is about right. I'm having trouble but still getting stars. Love the reduced star counts too. I've already nearly opened up more in this tour than any other. Can see how this would be a downer for better drivers though but its only one pair that's easier.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Is there anyway Evolution can tweak the cockpit view? This is probably the only racing game I have played that I feel like I am at a disadvantage playing in that view. In forza or GT I am the fastest when playing cockpit view as I can hit the apex no problems. Driveclub compared to chase and bonnet view is a lot harder and it feels disorienting to me now.

This is evident by the amount of people using chase cam.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
This is evident by the amount of people using chase cam.

I was always under the impression that Chase Cam was more popular than cockpit. Personally I don't see the appeal apart from the wider view. I bet grievers love Chase Cam!

nib95

Banned
Will be very disappointed if they really have tuned down the difficulty to the extent some are saying. I thought Redline and Elements were the perfect difficulty to tell the truth.

Duallusion

Done before us euro's even get our hands on it! So what is the difficulty like?

It's going to be a cakewalk for you. :)

I'm usualy just about above average in community challenges (without trying much to be better) and the only event I had to retry a couple of times was the Caterham drift.

I don't envy Evo's task of balancing these things for the whole spectrum of gamers playing the game.

Welp.

I finally unlocked the Venom Hot Lap.

I hate it. I fucking hate this event. I never want to see this damn track or car again.

Fuckfuckfuck.

And there's a Venon Hot Lap 2? In weather?

FUCK

OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Gen X

Welp.

I finally unlocked the Venom Hot Lap.

I hate it. I fucking hate this event. I never want to see this damn track or car again.

Fuckfuckfuck.

And there's a Venon Hot Lap 2? In weather?

FUCK

OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

At least latecomers can leave the first Hot Lap till later, unlock hotlap 2 and do them both one after the other. Personally I'd do Hot Lap 2 first as I bet Hot Lap 1 would feel easy in comparison.

nib95

Banned
Man the first Hot Lap of the Sakura Tour with the GTA Spano is a riot. Managed to snag a top 5 global time despite a pretty big mistake in the last sector.

At least latecomers can leave the first Hot Lap till later, unlock hotlap 2 and do them both one after the other. Personally I'd do Hot Lap 2 first as I bet Hot Lap 1 would feel easy in comparison.

No.

I'm done.

Fuck everything

Fuck you game
ibcSdxmRJt7ZA2.JPG

Fuck you controller
i3IPn17OTTUsr.JPG

Fuck you ArthurLujan
ibqmck04iV9XMm.JPG

New best time :D

1:17.039

My hands are crippled and in pain.
My controller is on the verge of falling apart.
I have a splitting headache and am drenched in sweat.

This event is killing me. It's time to go to bed before I literally die.

Goodnight GAF.

No.

I'm done.

Fuck everything

I have not done the second hot lap as I don't have the DLC but I totally understand how you feel. I absolutely love Driveclub but no other game in the history of my playing games has ever gotten me so worked up than it. I literally yell at the TV sometimes and I must sound like a complete loony to the missus but holy shit, some of the challenges... ARGH!

I just have to accept that a lot of people out there are better than me :(

Lunar FC

New best time :D

1:17.039

My hands are crippled and in pain.
My controller is on the verge of falling apart.
I have a splitting headache and am drenched in sweat.

This event is killing me. It's time to go to bed before I literally die.

Goodnight GAF.

Haha hang in there. Make sure to keep on the gas through that final chicane, you can make up a good chunk of time there.

Rushy, can you confirm that progression has been made more easy. And if so, in which way has this been done? I truly hope that the highest stars at still as difficult to achieve as before while less stars are needed to progress.

Vaga

So I understand the cry babies won and got their moaning heard. Nice job Evo! Good to see you're aiming to please the hardcore community that loved your game since day 1. Can't wait to fucking breeze through the dlc events with no challenge smh.

IncredibleNeedyKarakul.gif

TEH-CJ

Banned
I hope those complaining about difficulty are doing so from cockpit view with manual gears and no HUD. Everything else is just a driver aid.

Spot on! Fuck all the other views! Evolution can you please patch in a mode that only allows cockpit view no hud and Manual transmission. This is the only game where playing chase view is a major advantage.

Cockpit view or bust.

desu

Rushy, can you confirm that progression has been made more easy. And if so, in which way has this been done? I truly hope that the highest stars at still as difficult to achieve as before while less stars are needed to progress.

Was hoping the 27 star requirement for the trophy events in the DLC would be lowered with the last patch but it wasn't =/.

BraXzy

I'm not sure what it is about this game that has me hooked but it's working. I'm really not a big racing player, I typically get bored of them and enjoy other genres more but.. I keep getting the urge to play this! Last night I spent like 2 hours just practising to drift on the same two events and didn't get tired of them.

I dont know if it's because I actually drive now irl compared to the last time I properly sat down with a racer, or if it's because the loading times and such are so quick and seamless, or if its just Driveclub being a fun, well made game. Whatever it is I like it!

danowat

Banned
I'm not sure what it is about this game that has me hooked but it's working.

I think it's simply because it's a very well done, perfectly made arcade racer, the physics model, while not very realistic, is simple to learn, but hard to master, which gives it that "just one more try" feeling, without givng that frustration that a simulation driving model can .
It doesn't have the subtleties of a simulation driving model (and it really doesn't need them), which means you can concentrate on your lines and apexes much easier than a sim model, which makes it much more fun for a large(r) amount of people.

Plus, it looks and sounds great.

Hojaho

I dont know if it's because I actually drive now irl compared to the last time I properly sat down with a racer, or if it's because the loading times and such are so quick and seamless, or if its just Driveclub being a fun, well made game. Whatever it is I like it!

That's Evolution Studio for you. ^^ Driveclub is that fun !

Gen X

Hoped the EU was up as well as I've just gotten home from work although if my memory serves me right when the weather patch dropped it was around 30-45mins from now.

I'm not sure what it is about this game that has me hooked but it's working. I'm really not a big racing player, I typically get bored of them and enjoy other genres more but.. I keep getting the urge to play this! Last night I spent like 2 hours just practising to drift on the same two events and didn't get tired of them.

My experience is the same.

bombshell

Hoped the EU was up as well as I've just gotten home from work although if my memory serves me right when the weather patch dropped it was around 30-45mins from now.

They are up for me as I posted above, but they haven't unlocked in-game for some reason.

psychotron

Haha. Don't lose hope. I haven't played any other game in months (except for 20 minutes of shadow of mordor)! Every time I think I should get back to my backlog, they release a new tour pack and I can't peel myself away for weeks :/

My backlog is intimidating as fuck. I've been balancing Resident Evil HD, COD:AW, Alien Isolation and Shadow of Mordor. Add to that Dying Light (Thanks GameStop glitch), Grim Fandango, Super Mario Galaxy 2 (eshop) and Mario Kart 8 DLC.

So what have I been playing the most? DriveClub, lol. I can't help it. I just keep saying "One more race!", but it never is.

The new DLC tracks, tours and cars are fantastic.

viveks86

My backlog is intimidating as fuck. I've been balancing Resident Evil HD, COD:AW, Alien Isolation and Shadow of Mordor. Add to that Dying Light (Thanks GameStop glitch), Grim Fandango, Super Mario Galaxy 2 (eshop) and Mario Kart 8 DLC.

So what have I been playing the most? DriveClub, lol. I can't help it. I just keep saying "One more race!", but it never is.

The new DLC tracks, tours and cars are fantastic.

Oh yeah. Grim fandango. Guess I'm buying and adding it to the backlog too… :/

Rushy

The EU Store update is still in progress (it can take the Store team a few hours to complete all the content), which currently means that the cars for APEX have yet to be added.

So you can download APEX but you won't have access to the cars until the store update is complete.

The Store update for Sakura Tour, Icona Vulcano and the 2 liveries packs are complete and readily available though.

TEH-CJ

Banned
The EU Store update is still in progress (it can take the Store team a few hours to complete all the content), which currently means that the cars for APEX have yet to be added.

So you can download APEX but you won't have access to the cars until the store update is complete.

The Store update for Sakura Tour, Icona Vulcano and the 2 liveries packs are complete and readily available though.

Thanks Rushy.

CozMick

Banned
Noooooo I just looked like a right tit on twitch.

Streaming new content I just downloaded, get to driving the enzo.......

Thanks Rushy :p

anddo0

Was hoping the 27 star requirement for the trophy events in the DLC would be lowered with the last patch but it wasn't =/.

Same here.

The only thing keeping me from purchasing the season pass is the difficulty/star requirement.

If the free DLC are anything to go buy. I wouldn't have much fun with the season pass. I can do good enough to get the bare minimum to advance. But I struggle with drifting, gold is an afterthought. I only go for silver. I constantly fall a few stars short of unlocking the final event. I can get about 21-24 of the required, 27? but that's about it.

I wouldn't mind a slight tweak in difficulty.

xrnzaaas

I can't access any of the new cars, getting the "To activate this content you must purchase it from PlayStation Store" message despite "purchasing" them (I have the Season Pass).

Nvm, just read Rushy's post.

Nyx

Same here.

The only thing keeping me from purchasing the season pass is the difficulty/star requirement.

If the free DLC are anything to go buy. I wouldn't have much fun with the season pass. I can do good enough to get the bare minimum to advance. But I struggle with drifting, gold is an afterthought. I only go for silver. I constantly fall a few stars short of unlocking the final event. I can get about 21-24 of the required, 27? but that's about it.

I wouldn't mind a slight tweak in difficulty.

I bought the season pass for the cars, will never ever finish all the tours cause I am not a good driver.

But dem cars!

Ted

Any update or acknowledgement on the continued [MP] server issues? Or even just a reply to the question of whether or not Evo actually has any user facing help available?

I tried again last night to race online. I attempted to join five events, I got into all five lobbies but was ejected at "connecting to players" each and every time.

Top Bottom