• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Yea, but it's such damn fine line; infuriated me during the India time trial in the Ignition tour.

Those two cars require a lot of input and don't really behave like the others - it just takes practice, especially when try to accelerate out of slow corners. Once you get a handle on them they are very rewarding to drive.

It's still not up? I bought the first episode of Telltale's GoT thinking the problem would all be cleared up and I'd be ready to play the DLC by the time I finished it.

Sigh...

bombshell

Sony wtf are u doing u clowns

On the webstore the 5 new DLC items from today now show as not purchased, but when I try to add them to the cart for free I get a "You are ineligible to download this bla bla". Probably because I already have the licenses for them showing as installed under the Driveclub game.

SCEE are amateurs.

I'm impressed by sakura .... i don't get the complains about difficulty .. I can't see a difference, maybe you all played too much of japan races last week and already know the tracks ?

Because , really , aside from the numbers of stars that have been lowered. it's the same old thing

That said .. the GTA spano is damn slipery .. way too slipery.

PS: PSN EU store team , you've f*cked up big time. I'm still waiting for apex.!!!!

On the webstore the 5 new DLC items from today now show as not purchased, but when I try to add them to the cart for free I get a "You are ineligible to download this bla bla". Probably because I already have the licenses for them showing as installed under the Driveclub game.

SCEE are amateurs.

They often have those problem with xseed and tecmo koei dlc.. can't believe nobody checks this stuff wayyy before the time for it to be online.

Got Driveclub couple of weeks ago and haven't dived it until recently.
Doing the Mercedes Hot Lap for an hour or so, my best time is 1:24:087 but I constantly miss the first turn in sector 2. Any advice is appreciated :)

Not a lot of people on my friendslist are playing it frequently, so feel free to add me. GAF=PSN Name

Doing the Mercedes Hot Lap for an hour or so, my best time is 1:24:087 but I constantly miss the first turn in sector 2. Any advice is appreciated :)

Not a lot of people on my friendslist are playing it frequently, so feel free to add me. GAF=PSN Name

Add the Driveclub-GAF PSN account and some/all its friends.

bombshell

Hit the brakes? ;)

TEH-CJ

Banned
Wtf...cars are still not up? Do not get me started on sony and its developers this gen. Holy shit.

we have all payed for a service, I do not care if its only $30 and a DLC car pack, its the god damn principle that matters. I could understand if this is a rare occurrence but its not the case is it?

Wtf...cars are still not up? Do not get me started on sony and its developers this gen. Holy shit.

we have all payed for a service, I do not care if its only $30 and a DLC car pack, its the god damn principle that matters. I could understand if this is a rare occurrence but its not the case is it?

Isn't it a rare case? Or maybe it's EU specific? I haven't had any real store/DLC issues that I can recall.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Strange, I went into the game around an hour ago and downloaded the three new packs (Sakura livery, apex livery and apex expansion). Didn't check out the cars though, so they didn't actually download?

Strange, I went into the game around an hour ago and downloaded the three new packs (Sakura livery, apex livery and apex expansion). Didn't check out the cars though, so they didn't actually download?

The cars I think are downloaded with game updates so you already technically have them. The issue is the game is locking them out because it doesn't know that you "own" them.

IKizzLE

Yea, Sony's online services and infrastructure is lackluster to say the least. There are issues constantly across several types of games. You would of thought that they'd fix shit like this now that users are forced to pay a premium.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I'm impressed by sakura .... i don't get the complains about difficulty .. I can't see a difference, maybe you all played too much of japan races last week and already know the tracks ?

Because , really , aside from the numbers of stars that have been lowered. it's the same old thing

It is noticeably easier. Races that require a certain lap time should not be achievable on the first lap, especially when you are starting from a stand still and still beat it by 3-4 secs.

Also, the Sakura Championship is the first Championship I've 9 Starred on my first attempt.

Apart from the Spano Time Trial I've had no trouble getting 3 stars within a couple of attempts.

I'd say at least half the time I've got content from the PS store something has gone wrong or there's been some sort of weirdness. It's an absolute trainwreck of a piece of software. I even spent two months trying to get Sony to fix the 'restore licenses' issue with the original Driveclub DLC. I couldn't even get them to understand what the problem was after god knows how many emails. They eventually drove me almost to the point of insanity so I had to just give up. Their store, firmware updates and support are atrocious.

thundr51

Just done the "Welcome to Japan" and "Icona Vulcano Salute" events and they were very easy. A lot easier than the initial events in the Element tour personally. Hope this isn't the standard for the rest of Sakura and Apex. If so, Evolution, you done fucked it up.

Same here.

The only thing keeping me from purchasing the season pass is the difficulty/star requirement.

I wouldn't mind a slight tweak in difficulty.

jerry-seinfield-getting-up.gif

It is noticeably easier. Races that require a certain lap time should not be achievable on the first lap, especially when you are starting from a stand still and still beat it by 3-4 secs.

Also, the Sakura Championship is the first Championship I've 9 Starred on my first attempt.

Apart from the Spano Time Trial I've had no trouble getting 3 stars within a couple of attempts.

Not sure how this is a negative ? all the events that require a time check you are already moving when the timer starts , be it time trial or race . i can accept that you're moving faster starting the 2nd lap but i've destroyed some times many seconds after the last star check in elements & redline.

I really don't think that it's "that" easier that the challenge is gone.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Just had great fun doing the multiplayer time trials with a friend. I may never reach the level of some of you guys, but having real real real fun with this game.

Just had great fun doing the multiplayer time trials with a friend. I may never reach the level of some of you guys, but having real real real fun with this game.

Glad to hear it :) I've also accepted I'll never be as good as some people here, that's just part of these types of games.

Strider

I know damn well I will never be as good as some of the people here too. There are some really good racers posting here.

Reminded me I really do need to play more MP though. It was good fun the couple times I've tried it but I always find myself going to the tours when I log on. Still have sooo many stars to get. I actually unlocked the Venom Hot Lap today and got 2 stars easily but that 3rd 1:16 time... Not sure I even wanna go for it :p

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I bet the Apex stuff not unlocking is frustrating for Rushy. Weird how it's all up but even after 12hrs it still won't unlock. Oh well, back from work in another 10hrs so hopefully all sorted by then.

farmerboy

I just want to vent just how fucking difficult it is to control Ariel Atom and KTM with a controller on the turn going from no gas to even part throttle; spin outs and spin outs oooooooofff

Absolutely, unreservedly, 100% agree with you. Howeverrrrrrrr, it's such a delight when you start to get it right. Get the right flow and in the zone and the car is a fucking bullet. The Mono is just too clinical (no soul?;)), with the Atom you have some fun. Still though, I probably enjoy the Caterham the most, cos it can get a bit twitchy but is still way easier than the Atom.

Think of it like this, there is a great big stonking V8 behind you that would weigh a fair percentage of the cars total weight. When you slow down that weight wants to come around in front of you like a pendulum. Got to be smooth.

Had so much fun in multi being the only one choosing the Atom, destroying them off the line and then keeping in front only due to that awesome acceleration. Wasn't even really taking the corners all that well, but at least I wasn't spinning out. Every corner they would catch me then by the next I'd be a sec or two in front. What a laugh.

Persist with it, I'm sure you'll find it rewarding.

I bet the Apex stuff not unlocking is frustrating for Rushy. Weird how it's all up but even after 12hrs it still won't unlock. Oh well, back from work in another 10hrs so hopefully all sorted by then.

Seriously. it's like someone cursed them or something . Hopefully this will be sorted fast

TEH-CJ

Banned
You'll take any chance to show that video off won't you? ;)

I must ask, manual + wheel?

I used a wheel for that clip and always manual. I just busted my wheel so now I am stuck with the DS4 :(

sucks I cant use my G27. Anyone know when that wheel will be supported?

edit: Double post for some strange reason. Sorry!

TEH-CJ

Banned
Update from Evolution

"We're hoping it will be fixed soon. The EU PlayStation Store team are working on it but until the technical issue is resolved can't give an ETA.

It could be tonight, it could take longer. Sorry everyone "

Oh..boy.

viveks86

Update from Evolution

"We're hoping it will be fixed soon. The EU PlayStation Store team are working on it but until the technical issue is resolved can't give an ETA.

Oh..boy.

Gat dayum. Evo can't catch a break. Sorry EU GAF!

nib95

Banned
Update from Evolution

Oh..boy.

This sucks ass. So many of the new tour events are locked out because the new vehicles are still missing. Sony really needs to start hiring some new people to deal with networking infrastructure and security. Unlucky for Evo too I guess.

Lunar FC

Sort of bummed at how easy these tours were, also kind of the tired of the addition of concept cars and random super cars I've never heard of. Still the second best driving game I've ever played. :p

nib95

Banned
Also have to reiterate my disappointment at so many saying these tours are much easier. Waiting for this mess to get sorted only to know that the new tours aren't even nearly as challenging and that I'll probably get through them much quicker. I really wish game designers would stop giving so much leeway to the casuals, casuals who generally aren't even that loyal to franchises anyway. It's what led to so many games multiplayer components falling from grace in subsequent sequels. Halo, Killzone etc.

All they needed to do was keep the same difficulty, but lower the number of stars required to compete in the different races, not make the actual stars and races easier too.

TEH-CJ

Banned
Also have to reiterate my disappointment at so many saying these tours are much easier. Waiting for this mess to get sorted only to know that the new tours aren't even nearly as challenging and that I'll probably get through them much quicker. I really wish game designers would stop giving so much leeway to the casuals, casuals who generally aren't even that loyal to franchises anyway. It's what led to so many games multiplayer components falling from grace in subsequent sequels. Halo, Killzone etc.

All they needed to do was keep the same difficulty, but lower the number of stars required to compete in the different races, not make the actual stars and races easier too.

Agreed.

MMaRsu

I certainly agree here. I understand that people might want a few easy races here and there but keep it mostly at professional level or legend.

Update from Evolution

Oh..boy.

I cann't count the number of games where PSN EU Store team have messed up in the last 6 months.
They really need to improve their checks and do a better job , this is becoming really annoying..

Shaneus

Shit, so there's issues with what and EU exactly? Will it affect Australia as well?

I didn't get to go home last night but if I don't get to race some shiny new cars on some shiny wet tracks I'll be pretty disappointed.

Sony needs to get their shit together something shocking.

The Grim fandango fuckup was bad. Sony have had tons of problems with their service lately.
What happened with GF?

TEH-CJ

Banned
Shit, so there's issues with what and EU exactly? Will it affect Australia as well?

I didn't get to go home last night but if I don't get to race some shiny new cars on some shiny wet tracks I'll be pretty disappointed.

Sony needs to get their shit together something shocking.

What happened with GF?

Yup it sure does. Still not working for me, Probably wont me for another couple of days.

Top Bottom