• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Sorc3r3r

So, already finished the 2 new dlcs.
I'm getting too good or this time the events in the dlcs are too easy.

Btw i liked the Apex events more and the new cars are really good, the Enzo loch and load event was the apex(ah) for me.

Is there in the world a better sound than the new ZR1 engine?
I think not.

nikos

So close, yet so far, to the platinum trophy. Need level 50 (currently 42) and 5 accolade trophies. I know they'll come in time, but it's taking a while.

Auctopus

Supposedly it's bugged and you've got to be online when the 5th is completed so the trophy pops. I've won plenty of sent solo challenges that people have played but have yet to receive the trophy.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I just need one. The win 5 challenges, then ill have my 1st platinum 8)

Same. Was hoping it was fixed by now. Not keen on setting up short half hour Challenges just to be 'looking' at the Challenge when it expires or having to be online.

Same. Was hoping it was fixed by now. Not keen on setting up short half hour Challenges just to be 'looking' at the Challenge when it expires or having to be online.

You dont need to, just send out some challenges around the same time for a few nights and then you should be online when they expire.

Auctopus

idQmJpbzBuKg0.jpg
Thought I'd x-post this shot from the screenshot thread from user Infected_Beast. Really captures some of the more pristine moments in Japan.

viveks86

Fantastic pics ^

So anyways, how much harder is Venom Hot Lap 2 than the first one?

Depends. Harder than the first for some, easier for others. Definitely harder for me because I was not used to driving the venom in the rain until that event. In any case, I'm looking forward to your meltdown :p

Melchiah

Currently trying to reach level 40, and chose to max out Audi as the last phase gives 237,500 points. The R8 V10 Coupé Plus turned out to be another favorite of mine. It's a bit faster than Caterham and Mono and still easy to control, although not quite as easy as those two.

Shaneus

Some shots from Twitter I thought looked great.
Hah, that almost perfectly mimics a photo I took in PGR4:
jbwxd1d4KKMq1J.jpg

Well, reminds me of it, anyway.

Funnily enough, I think looking at both shots, you'd almost think they were from the same game (save for the resolution, obviously).

Speaking of trophies, I wonder why Welcome To The Limit trophy unlocks at level 50 instead of level 40, as there's seemingly nothing else to unlock after reaching 40. I just reached level 39 last night, and the journey to 50 seems very long, especially as there's nothing to strive for apart from the trophy.
Harder to space stuff out after level 40 maybe?

PS. In case you were wondering, the trophy name is a reference to this song :)

Gen X

It was easier for me 'cause I was more experienced with the game by then and the wet track allows you to slide round corners easier. (Hot Lap 1 = 10 tries, Hot Lap 2 = 2 tries)

Geez, for me it was more like HL1 = 2-3hrs, HL2 = 3-5hrs lol.

Jeseus

Hah, that almost perfectly mimics a photo I took in PGR4:
jbwxd1d4KKMq1J.jpg

Well, reminds me of it, anyway.

Funnily enough, I think looking at both shots, you'd almost think they were from the same game (save for the resolution, obviously).

Harder to space stuff out after level 40 maybe?

PS. In case you were wondering, the trophy name is a reference to this song :)

nearly :))?

fkcwfx.jpg

thanks bananafactory bonus incoming..

ietzxw.jpg

xtlnef.jpg

zcesdi.jpg

rwckdp.jpg

dnyfdw.jpg

The previous Caterham is by far my favorite car in the game with BAC Mono; amazing speed and control in corners.

Oh yeah, the BAC Mono is definitely very cool, very easy to handle even for a beginner like me. I love racing around with it in single race just for fun, trying out different time of day and weather conditions.

lordxar

The Caterham 7 isn't as fun to drive as I'd hoped it would be.

Wasn't great but seems like an older car and handled about like I'd expected an older car to handle. Although...I'm catching up on old Top Gear UK and they had a similar looking car in S3 that was new.

I'm probably going to have to do like 250 drift events to get the platinum. :'(

Just do one of the challenges Viveks sends out, it will take you that many to beat him :mad:

Yea, they really need to re do the amount required to get these accolades. The requirements are absurd.

It's odd because of the inconsistency, everything else in the game feels well balanced, I'm levelling up every day or two at a good pace, and even the manufacturer accolades are quick to achieve (I already have the BAC and Maserati owners clubs maxed).

It's just some of these events ones that are totally brutal.

nib95

Banned
Just do one of the challenges Viveks sends out, it will take you that many to beat him :mad:

It's odd because of the inconsistency, everything else in the game feels well balanced, I'm levelling up every day or two at a good pace, and even the manufacturer accolades are quick to achieve (I already have the BAC and Maserati owners clubs maxed).

Yeap, especially the club accolades. Mine have barely moved lol.

desu

Yea, they really need to re do the amount required to get these accolades. The requirements are absurd.

I think a lot of them are actually fine, if anything the number of racers/races in environment seem a little high to me (unless you play 24/7).

viveks86

That's because you aren't required to achieve all of them. You just gain them as you go along. It's meant to give the sense of progression for the life time of the game and not for grinding over and over till 100% completion.

Speaking of which, they really need to add accolades for all the new content.

That's because you aren't required to achieve all of them. You just gain them as you go along. It's meant to give the sense of progression for the life time of the game and not for grinding over and over till 100% completion.

Speaking of which, they really need to add accolades for all the new content.

I suppose, but in that case it seems like an odd requirement for the platinum because pretty much every other trophy can be achieved in half the time it would take to get the accolade one.

Lunar FC

I suppose, but in that case it seems like an odd requirement for the platinum because pretty much every other trophy can be achieved in half the time it would take to get the accolade one.

Yeah, this is basically the only trophy that you have to go out of your way to get. I've probably already spend 4 hours working on it, and have 146 drift events to go. It's pretty terrible.

Gen X

Yeah, this is basically the only trophy that you have to go out of your way to get. I've probably already spend 4 hours working on it, and have 146 drift events to go. It's pretty terrible.

Goes by pretty quickly if you keep striving for high scores in the challenges.

I've got 56miion fame and there's still accolades I haven't got - I think there's all the location based ones and the drift event one.

But yeah I think they should add more for the new manufacturers & tracks.

Nibs - Have you got 6 active members to your club? Makes a massive difference in ranking up speed & accolades.

nib95

Banned
I've got 56miion fame and there's still accolades I haven't got - I think there's all the location based ones and the drift event one.

But yeah I think they should add more for the new manufacturers & tracks.

Nibs - Have you got 6 active members to your club? Makes a massive difference in ranking up speed & accolades.

Nope, barely anyone but me plays in my club lol. Might do a bit of house cleaning to try and get some new active members just whilst we level up the Club. There's several Club badge and paint unlocks I still want, but right now we're barely budging.

If anyone is playing fairly often, and are interested in joining a club, PM me. PSN is NIBZY. Club is GAF EU.

Top Bottom