• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Sirenty

Also have to reiterate my disappointment at so many saying these tours are much easier. Waiting for this mess to get sorted only to know that the new tours aren't even nearly as challenging and that I'll probably get through them much quicker. I really wish game designers would stop giving so much leeway to the casuals, casuals who generally aren't even that loyal to franchises anyway. It's what led to so many games multiplayer components falling from grace in subsequent sequels. Halo, Killzone etc.

All they needed to do was keep the same difficulty, but lower the number of stars required to compete in the different races, not make the actual stars and races easier too.

I agree. Just got 495/495 and Sakura was much easier than the other tours. Apex was okay. Definitely no new venom hot lap equivalents. I wish each tour would have at least 1 tough race like that.

GUYS
GUYS

AM I IN THE COOL CLUB NOW

iEouda9haPqN5.jpg

Video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmZ45K3Y-U4

First lap I watched you did it. You're welcome. ;)

You gave me that extra push when I saw you sitting in the grandstands :p

I was waiting for you to blow it when you started bragging about not seeing the ghost after like 3 turns haha.

LOL I was sure I was going to blow it too. Well that was a big deal because in all my attempts I had NEVER been ahead of the ghost after that those 2 big hairpin turns so I knew that lap had potential.

I just went back and watched it again and the weird thing is I feel like the last half of that lap was superrrr sloppy. Like I think I might have a 1:14 in me...but I'm way too done with that event to try

Shaneus

Yup it sure does. Still not working for me, Probably wont me for another couple of days.
Really? Shit. I'm still only halfway through Elements so I still have some stuff to do, but damn does it blow that this shit is broken. Can't blame Evo, but very frustrated with this shit from SCEE (yet again).

FireSol

Also have to reiterate my disappointment at so many saying these tours are much easier. Waiting for this mess to get sorted only to know that the new tours aren't even nearly as challenging and that I'll probably get through them much quicker. I really wish game designers would stop giving so much leeway to the casuals, casuals who generally aren't even that loyal to franchises anyway. It's what led to so many games multiplayer components falling from grace in subsequent sequels. Halo, Killzone etc.

All they needed to do was keep the same difficulty, but lower the number of stars required to compete in the different races, not make the actual stars and races easier too.

I'm a casual, but when talking about Driveclub I'm agree with that. I fall in love with this game gecause it punished ME for MY mistakes on track and saying to my face "You don't satisfied, didn't you? Get better!!"

danowat

Banned
Why can I not get the cars to work in the apex pack.

Season pass holder, downloaded pack, tried restoring licenses, nothing

Still says, to use this content you must purchase it, well, I have FFS!!!

TEH-CJ

Banned
Why can I not get the cars to work in the apex pack.

Season pass holder, downloaded pack, tried restoring licenses, nothing

Still says, to use this content you must purchase it, well, I have FFS!!!

Its a known issue man. Most likely wont be fixed for another couple of days. To be honest Ive had enough of Sony incompetence. Terrible customer service, terrible support and terrible network infrastructure.

Vaga

Extremely dissapointed with the way Evolution is dealing with the casuals bitching. Only tried Sakura events because no cars but as of right now the difficulty is downright laughable. The game was already too easy with the exception of a few events but holy toledos in the GTA Spano event I managed to 3 star it on the first try doing a lot of mistakes with a fucking 6 seconds gap ahead of the first ghost. Tried few more events, managed to nail them without even retrying once. Star requirements are a joke, I would love to hear the devs vision of the whole star system because right now it offers little to none from a challenge point of view.

There were numerous posts right here that stated how the complaints should be addressed in a way that the players that enjoy a challenge shoud still find some incentive to complete singleplayer events. All they had to do is lower the star requirements for entering the final tours, keep the third star requirements (lap time, face-offs, speed etc) high so they don't feel like a fucking chore as of now. By far the most dissapointing thing is the evidence that Evo tries too hard to cater the casuals than keeping a balanced view on things. Sometimes I feel they should get off the forums and do their thing their own way. Sorry about venting so hard but this thing pisses me off a lot more than the stupid cars not being available yet.

Melchiah

This sucks ass. So many of the new tour events are locked out because the new vehicles are still missing. Sony really needs to start hiring some new people to deal with networking infrastructure and security. Unlucky for Evo too I guess.

All of the Apex events are locked without the cars. I find it inexcusable, that the recent delays have solely fallen on European customers, never the American ones, and I'm not talking about DC or DLC alone.

bombshell

Apex dlc is fixed guys.

Not for me at first.

But I clicked on one of the locked cars in the garage and was taken to the store where I could now choose between 2 versions of the Apex pack, the one I downloaded for free yesterday and a new free one. Downloading the new one fixed it :D

danowat

Banned
I've done a few Sakura events, and although the difficulty has been tweaked, I don't think it's broken it.

It still took me a few attempts to get the Intial Drift event 3 stared.

Melchiah

Finally the DLC works. Just tried the new Caterham, and found it a disappointment compared to the previous one, which controlled like a dream.

I've done a few Sakura events, and although the difficulty has been tweaked, I don't think it's broken it.

It still took me a few attempts to get the Intial Drift event 3 stared.

Agreed. Variety is good, whether it's about track width or event difficulty.

Rushy

Whilst it has already been mentioned, I just wanted to confirm it.

The problem with the APEX cars on the EU Store has now been resolved by the PlayStation Store team and you'll be able to re-download them in game now!

(no need to restore licenses or anything like that).

airjoca

So, yesterday I decided (since the new cars and Apex pack didn't work and all), that I was gonna beat both Venom Hot Laps.

Spent about 40m on the first until suceeding, and 3 hours or more on the 2nd with no sucess (something like 1:20,12X). It was 3am, I gave up and grabbed me a snack before going to bed. I decided to watch a Venom Hot Lap 2 video while doing so. I turned the console back on. On the 6th or 7th try I finally did it. I only slept close to 4hrs before coming to work, but I feel accomplished.

B8faJD0IIAAZXE_.jpg

B8faXwlIcAALu6K.jpg

When I finished the 2nd, this is what it felt like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nVoo9QC8EQ

desu

Spent about 40m on the first until suceeding, and 3 hours or more on the 2nd with no sucess (something like 1:20,12X). It was 3am, I gave up and grabbed me a snack before going to bed. I decided to watch a Venom Hot Lap 2 video while doing so. I turned the console back on. On the 6th or 7th try I finally did it. I only slept close to 4hrs before coming to work, but I feel accomplished.

Congrats!

Ted

It must suck being the guy who it doesn't work for :-( I'm not sure if they have a host console on this game but I do wonder if there is, could that be the cause of the issue. Your BT infinity connection will be better than the vast majority of the UK player's so it would win the host vote...

The connections do actually appear to be a bit better for those of us who can get on - previously it was pretty rare to get everyone into the race, you'd get a pause before the car selection and 1-2 guys would get booted before the game would proceed. Last night I got into a number of 12 player races, which certainly makes it tougher to get from the back to the front if they're arseholes despite the none sticky barriers now.

It does suck. Particularly since I don't even know if I am an exception. I mean, at least a couple of others have posted similar experiences here in the last couple of days and I wouldn't be surprised if anyone else experiencing the same had just given up by now.

If Evo would just acknowledge that some users may still be experiencing issues I would just put it down and come back when they say it's finally fixed. I have asked pretty directly now a few times and without a support desk or email, what else can I do? Phone Sony? I might as well just poke myself in the eye with a stick for all the use they will be!

I actually tried again last night briefly as I had half an hour spare before bed. Five failed attempts in a row left me far from hopeful but on my sixth try I actually got into a MP time-trial! I nearly spilt my wine in surprise!

Once I was in the lobby I had a pretty good battle with two guys, trading times right up until lap five when I messed up and both edged ahead. Unfortunately, I was disconnected again after the event so we never got a re-match. I couldn't help but laugh. Three, nearly four months out from launch and five out of six lobby attempts fail, yeah, that surely is a joke.

I tried a couple of times again straight after that but just got two more "failed to connect to players" errors in a row so I went and played something that actually is compatible with my internet connection.

Finally the DLC works. Just tried the new Caterham, and found it a disappointment compared to the previous one, which controlled like a dream.

I just realized i never actually tried the previous one, but i love this one just for the fact that after driving over 2000 km in the game so far, i just got the "Cleanup" trophy with the R500 on my first try, cockpit view, pro difficulty and without consciously going for it. :)

I'm sure this doesn't sound like an achievement to the majority of you guys and driving clean races is the whole point, but i'm a racing game casual and have only had this since last week, so i'm still learning the ropes. I guess i could have gotten the trophy sooner if i had made an conscious effort, but usually my races are a bit bumpy, especially in cockpit view, and i figured i'll try going for this trophy on amateur sometime, if i didn't get it naturally, so i'm delighted to have earned it this way, feels much more rewarding. Awesome game.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Managed to get #7 on the ZR-1 Snow Drift, so stoked. Won't last too long before the horde of Season Pass holders start playing Apex though. ;-)

Melchiah

I just realized i never actually tried the previous one, but i love this one just for the fact that after driving over 2000 km in the game so far, i just got the "Cleanup" trophy with the R500 on my first try, cockpit view, pro difficulty and without consciously going for it. :)

I'm sure this doesn't sound like an achievement to the majority of you guys and driving clean races is the whole point, but i'm a racing game casual and have only had this since last week, so i'm still learning the ropes. I guess i could have gotten the trophy sooner if i had made an conscious effort, but usually my races are a bit bumpy, especially in cockpit view, and i figured i'll try going for this trophy on amateur sometime, if i didn't get it naturally, so i'm delighted to have earned it this way, feels much more rewarding. Awesome game.

The previous Caterham is by far my favorite car in the game with BAC Mono; amazing speed and control in corners.

The Cleanup trophy was something I thought I would struggle with, mainly due to collisions caused by the AI, but I managed to get it pretty effortlessly on Cayoosh Point, IIRC.

Speaking of trophies, I wonder why Welcome To The Limit trophy unlocks at level 50 instead of level 40, as there's seemingly nothing else to unlock after reaching 40. I just reached level 39 last night, and the journey to 50 seems very long, especially as there's nothing to strive for apart from the trophy.

danowat

Banned
Speaking of trophies, I wonder why Welcome To The Limit trophy unlocks at level 50 instead of level 40, as there's seemingly nothing else to unlock after reaching 40. I just reached level 39 last night, and the journey to 50 seems very long, especially as there's nothing to strive for apart from the trophy.

Wait till you hit 50, there's not really a great deal to play for after that(apart from challenges of course)

hallohering

Neo Member

Melchiah

Wait till you hit 50, there's not really a great deal to play for after that(apart from challenges of course)

It would be great, if they could retroactively add more cars to unlock for the later levels, but I imagine them being locked for the newcomers might anger some.

-Amon-

It's always the whiners.

MMaRsu

Lol I dunno what Sony Eu is doing with the apex expansion. If I go to the webstore it shows like 7 "download to ps4" buttons. How the f can it still not be fixed??????

Edit

It worked finally :).

ENZO TIME BABY

Top Bottom