• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Cyborg

Oh god Im getting so frustrated! :( I went to one of my friends to play the game! Still no connection!

Fury.......!!!

EGOMON

I caved in and bought the damn thing, I needed a racer, and you know what, it's everything I was expecting, this game is comfy as fuck.

Still can't get online though, somebody got room in any club?
The online is kinda rough currently but at least working just keep trying.
To join a club check few post up or previous pages, I often see posts of club owners looking for members

I caved in and bought the damn thing, I needed a racer, and you know what, it's everything I was expecting, this game is comfy as fuck.

Still can't get online though, somebody got room in any club?

There's a club thread on GAF somewhere, i'll try and dig out a link.
Also send a friend request to Driveclub-GAF if you're on PSN and plunder it's friends list then thank Viveks for all their hard work :)

You're joking, right?

Naturally, in reality I appreciate the fine art of whining. I just leave it to the experts and concentrate on other games I'm interested in instead.

Meanwhile, as for DriveClub, it's been seriously crimping my time with other games. I need to find time to get back in A:I and SoM, but there's always just on more lap.

What happened to the endurance lobbies? They were there a few days ago, now there aren't any.
I think it is where they make server updates.

Because I was in Events and there were loads of random Team Races, and the odd other type, then it all went to buggery and errors trying to register to an event, then it said there were no events even though moments ago there were plenty with plenty of time left to join.

Then moments later it all came to life again, only now the only Events listed were Endurance races.

Played a couple, good fun and less nutters as you're more spread out, and your cock-ups hurt you deeply. Then again short while it all screwed up, more errors, Events went missing then came back to life once more and they were all gone, and different types of Events came up.

So I'm guessing that when they make a server update they have to recycle everything and you'll get errors trying to join what is now dead events and then it populates it with new random Events.

There also seems to be a lack of Chile races. Never played one.

Still loving this game personally!!

Really liking that the face-off challenges are popping up everywhere now, adds a heap more to the game, although some seem rather hacked.

This Venom hotlap is going to be the death of me though....closest I've got is 1:16:548 but normally I am in the low 1:17's. How the hell have people done 1:12's?

Still loving this game personally!!

Really liking that the face-off challenges are popping up everywhere now, adds a heap more to the game, although some seem rather hacked.

This Venom hotlap is going to be the death of me though....closest I've got is 1:16:548 but normally I am in the low 1:17's. How the hell have people done 1:12's?
Wheels or manual gears maybe. It slides a lot, so while I'm a little way off the target time I know theres a bit of time to make up but I just can't stop the slides!

Wheels or manual gears maybe. It slides a lot, so while I'm a little way off the target time I know theres a bit of time to make up but I just can't stop the slides!

Yeah the wheel spinning is where I'm losing time I think but on the other hand I'm trying to take corners tight which means slowing down which gives more wheel spin exiting.

Take the corner wider and you lose time there so I'm freaking stuck on where to find an extra second to shave off.

shink

This game is so damn fun, I suck at it mostly and especially with the Lotus (keep spinning out in tour) but I need to master it!

Auctopus

I wouldn't put the strange time trial times immediately down to hacking. I did a Putre Reverse trial last night and I came in at about 3:05 but the game registered me as 2:50 for some reason.

I think Leaderboards atm (like most things) are going 2 steps forward, 1step back.

Season pass adds 176 new tour events. I think there was 52 you just did. That's alot of play time!

I prefer no lobbies. Having a set amount of rooms keeps things fast and makes sure the user base doesn't get diluted with loblobbies and nobodies actually racing since we are all waiting around in lobbies.

You should be able to host a private room for you and your friends though.

Rather smooth online experience the last few hours. The full potential of the game begins to unfold and i'm loving it. One last thing......FUCK THE VENOM HOT LAP! (rage quitting at the moment)

Aiii

So not worth it
When I get a bad time: Yes.
When I get a top 50 time: No.

You aren't joking, bad times register, good times don't.

WTF.

What in the actual fuck?

Can it only register times when you're last?

What. The. Fuck.

I have not been bothered by any of the issues so far, but this is right pissing me off.

Shadybiz

Is there some issue with the update that affects party chat? Tried to get into a party with a friend last night to play, and it errored out and told me that there were conflicting NAT settings. We've been in parties plenty before, and we've both always had the same settings.

kyser73

So, are leaderboards working or not? Not a single one of my times has shown up so far.

Me neither :(

In more fun news, how awesome is the BAC Mono? Piece of piss to drive, great helmet view & fast as fuck. Also been having lots of fun with the Exige - went back to the semi-pro trophy & cake walked it, instead of the effort I had with the California. Loving the very real variation in the cars' abilities, handling & so on.

Have really started to notice the real 'simcade' feeling too - racing the Pagani in the Italy vs. Germany tournament you have to race with a sim-style mindset, if not the level of accuracy. You can't just floor it out of corners & recover quickly, you need to think about what you're doing - more so than in a pure arcade racer.

So aside from the leaderboard bummer, still loving the game.

hamchan

I'm waiting until leaderboards are working properly before I jump back into the game, since at this point it's the only reason for me to play.

Cuyejo

There's a club thread on GAF somewhere, i'll try and dig out a link.
Also send a friend request to Driveclub-GAF if you're on PSN and plunder it's friends list then thank Viveks for all their hard work :)

The online is kinda rough currently but at least working just keep trying.
To join a club check few post up or previous pages, I often see posts of club owners looking for members

Thank you guys, will play some more later today, hopefully online is up.

OmegaDL50

Why is it of all the AI cars, the AI with the Purple and Blue paintjob is always shoving his car into my rear bumper or goes out of it's way to sideswipe me during a straight killing both our acceleration.

No matter what position I'm in, be it towards the end of the pack or top 3, that one car with that particular color combination can't seem to keep away from my fucking business.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
Managed a multi-player session, 2 races. Was pretty fun although got disconnected on the 3rd event. You do get get the odd nob on there swearing. Finally joined a club and contributing to fame, which means l can play around with new cars :)

Vol5

The thing I discovered with the venom is that it's incredible for braking into a corner. Just throw it in and brake hard. Your only concern should be the exit and ensuring the wheels don't spin with some delicate throttle on the way out. Once I got used to this the hot lap was beaten and my times got really good. Dunno - might help some of you struggling to reach target time.

Wynnebeck

Banned
I shelved it around this time last week. I can't believe it has taken this long. If I knew this shit would have happened I would have picked up LotR, beat that shit, and traded it in for DC when the servers went up. Oh well. Guess I'll keep waiting.

That's literally what I did to get DC lol.

Konosuke

The thing I discovered with the venom is that it's incredible for braking into a corner. Just throw it in and brake hard. Your only concern should be the exit and ensuring the wheels don't spin with some delicate throttle on the way out. Once I got used to this the hot lap was beaten and my times got really good. Dunno - might help some of you struggling to reach target time.

I disagree, that car has shitty breaks. It takes ages to slow down, so you have to do it well in advance, which makes it feel like a bathtub and it makes sense because it's an American car.

Why is it of all the AI cars, the AI with the Purple and Blue paintjob is always shoving his car into my rear bumper or goes out of it's way to sideswipe me during a straight killing both our acceleration.

No matter what position I'm in, be it towards the end of the pack or top 3, that one car with that particular color combination can't seem to keep away from my fucking business.

It simply means you've found your nemesis. Good luck.

Topi

Banned
Has anyone actually managed to have consecutive races in multiplayer? I think about 1/5 of races I sign up for actually happen, and never even two in a row.

OmegaDL50

I disagree, that car has shitty breaks. It takes ages to slow down, so you have to do it well in advance, which makes it feel like a bathtub and it makes sense because it's an American car.

It's actually a modified Lotus Exige which was meant to be little more then a straight line highspeed monster, not much different then the Bugatti Veyron (Which is also handles like a boat and ISN'T an American car so your analogy towards American sports cars is a bit off)

I certainly wouldn't make the claim that the SRT Viper, Ford GT, C7 Stingray, or Saleen S7 handle like bathtubs.

Edit: Besides cars like the Veyron, Venom, or even the SCC Aero are exceptions to the norm because they aren't really designed for track racing in mind, they were solely designed to just go fast not much else.

I'm mean in comparison with cars such as the Audi A8 W12, Bentley Continental GT Speed, Braubus Rocket and other similar cars which weigh over 4000 lbs. yet can go beyond 155 Mph.

It's amazing stuff.

i-Lo

Questions (akin to GT):
  • Will there be a way to download the ghost of leader board's top members time trials?
  • Will the game ever have a "Replay" feature?

just got a server disconnect in the middle of a 10 lap race crashing the race to have to start over

the more I play this game the less fun I am having

not to mention I suck it seems

Top Bottom