• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

GreedZen

Banned
This mean we can't ask for an 80's car cause its an old and shitty variant? Yea some are really close in specs or year but I'm guessing it has to do with what they can license more than their vision of which cars belong. I'm guessing there's more cars that they want but can't get.

This is my first car game in a long time and quite honestly there's too damn many cars as it is, not that I won't gladly have more but seriously there's a shitload of cars and more on the way.

You'll probably be waiting until July for a full list of cars. Their still adding cars from what I understand. So the future cars being added isn't set in stone.

You can ask for anything you want that's your prerogative.
What I am saying is that in the interest of variety I'd rather have new models.
There are about 6 dupes so far. So let me list 6 cars I would rather have in a rounded DLC pack:

Highest performing factory variants only. make spoilers optional where applicable.

Lists have been done to death but I'd take these in addition to those above;

Ascari KZ1R
BMW Z4
Ferrari F40 *
Ford Mustang - whatever the latest and best is
Honda Civic FD2 & FN2 Type-R
Honda NSX Type-R
Lamborghini Aventador
Lamborghini Huracan
Lamborghini Sesto Elemento *
Mazda FD RX7 (ROTARY POWER)
Mazda Furai (Even more ROTARY POWER) *
Saleen S7 *
Shelby Cobra
Subaru Impreza P1
Toyota Supra MKIV Supra
TVR Sagaris

I'll leave the more obscure Hyper and Supercars to someone else.

* Indicate my must haves.

Haven't seen this posted:
http://blog.asia.playstation.com/co...2014/12/18/driveclub-dlc-plan-and-season-pass
3YPAlz0.jpg

Haven't found a higher res version.

So if DLC really goes until August, from March till then is 7 months and if we get 6 cars per month, that's 42 more cars. My list is like only 22 long. So even with dupes I stands a chance.

I want to
C1TSL02.gif

viveks86

Because it is most likely fake. The only official announcement is it will extend to July.

So if DLC really goes until August, from March till then is 7 months and if we get 6 cars per month, that's 42 more cars. My list is like only 22 long. So even with dupes I stands a chance.

Even if it were real, your counting is wrong! Tch tch tch! :p

lordxar

You can ask for anything you want that's your prerogative.
What I am saying is that in the interest of variety I'd rather have new models.
There are about 6 dupes so far. So let me list 6 cars I would rather have in a rounded DLC pack:

Highest performing factory variants only. make spoilers optional where applicable.

Lists have been done to death but I'd take these in addition to those above;

Ascari KZ1R
BMW Z4
Ferrari F40 *
Ford Mustang - whatever the latest and best is
Honda Civic FD2 & FN2 Type-R
Honda NSX Type-R
Lamborghini Aventador
Lamborghini Huracan
Lamborghini Sesto Elemento *
Mazda FD RX7 (ROTARY POWER)
Mazda Furai (Even more ROTARY POWER) *
Saleen S7 *
Shelby Cobra
Subaru Impreza P1
Toyota Supra MKIV Supra
TVR Sagaris

I'll leave the more obscure Hyper and Supercars to someone else.

* Indicate my must haves.

Haven't seen this posted:

3YPAlz0.jpg

I want to
C1TSL02.gif

I get what your saying I just think their tied to licensing which is why were getting variants instead of full on new. From what Rushy posted here and there it sounds like our wet dreams are going to be reality somewhat. Either way I'm pretty damn happy with all that they have now!

Skii

Really liking the new updates.

The Koenigsegg one:1 and Ferrari F50 are amazing additions to the garage. Shame that they've gone for another similar car in the Corvette again.

It really is weird that we haven't had a single Bugatti Veyron yet or even a Lamborghini. They are essentially staples in every decent racing game and we've yet to get them in even DLC. I can only assume it is a licencing issue which would be extremely odd.

viveks86

There's also no January listed at all.

Asians don't have January in their calendar

I have no idea. lol. Whatever it is, the release cycles are different in Asia and that's why that chart is different. May be they didn't release anything in January and clubbed that in Feb. Dunno

Strider

Asians don't have January in their calendar

lol. But yea I was just pointing that out as well because along with November not having content that is the second month missing and why they are getting content for 2 months after ours is finished up :D

Anyway I need Evo to announce a second season pass. Give me an expansion with motorcycles and city tracks. I gotta have it.

sneaky77

I hope they patch the game so that if someone is not even attempting to race they just become a ghost or something.. ugh.. multiplayer some people

Jamesways

I think #MotorcycleClub (lol) is the one that looked like shit

MotoGP 14 must be the one I was thinking of.

MotoGP 14 is fantastic if you're a bike sim fan or follow the sport. Milestone game, so not the best looking. But great set of real world tracks with 2 as DLC, and they included a huge roster of bikes and riders this year- Moto2, Moto3, Red Bull Rookies, MotoGP 13, 14, and Champions from the 90s.
It's the best one since Climax's MotoGP 07 IMO. I imported it to the US on release, and still play it almost every day, gotta get my sim/real world circuit fix in before pCARS.

Their next bike game "Ride" is coming next month same time as pCARS, it will have a ton of street and race bikes on 7 real circuits and a bunch of fictional city and country courses. They couldn't get the Isle of Man TT license though. Think Tourist Trophy with Milestone MotoGP/SBK handling.

That Motorcycle Club game doesn't look too great, and got pretty lousy reviews. Incidentally though, that developer, Kylotonn, is the one doing the next WRC game. Milestone lost the license after WRC4. So we'll see what they bring to the sport.

kyser73

Multiple factory paint jobs should have been in there from the start; I'll appease myself by thinking there was a good reason the feature wasn't there.

It was in the game from the start. You had to go to your garage to make the changes. What this update allows us to change the colour during car selection prior to the event starting.

It was in the game from the start. You had to go to your garage to make the changes. What this update allows us to change the colour during car selection prior to the event starting.
Before when went to the garage and put a different paint, it took up one spot on custom livery. So now instead of using up those spots, under factory paint we will be able to just choose from a list of different manufacturer paint and the other spots will be reserved for custom liveries and stuff.

MotoGP 14 is fantastic if you're a bike sim fan or follow the sport. Milestone game, so not the best looking. But great set of real world tracks with 2 as DLC, and they included a huge roster of bikes and riders this year- Moto2, Moto3, Red Bull Rookies, MotoGP 13, 14, and Champions from the 90s.
It's the best one since Climax's MotoGP 07 IMO. I imported it to the US on release, and still play it almost every day, gotta get my sim/real world circuit fix in before pCARS.

Their next bike game "Ride" is coming next month same time as pCARS, it will have a ton of street and race bikes on 7 real circuits and a bunch of fictional city and country courses. They couldn't get the Isle of Man TT license though. Think Tourist Trophy with Milestone MotoGP/SBK handling.

That Motorcycle Club game doesn't look too great, and got pretty lousy reviews. Incidentally though, that developer, Kylotonn, is the one doing the next WRC game. Milestone lost the license after WRC4. So we'll see what they bring to the sport.

Cool thanks. I actually don't know anything about bikes but I've always wanted to try a game featuring them, I may pick it up if there's a sale :)

Anarion07

Still loving the game, but right now all double fame events are races, and all of them either start at night or go well into the night...
why evo?
I hate night races.

CozMick

Banned
How am I meant to enjoy the double fame weekend when every single lobby is littered with idiots playing bumper cars?

"heheh im not gonna move at the start so you rear end me"

"red flag, red flag..........." *puts foot down*

200m straight, "fuck you dude, ram, ram, RAAAAAAM!!!!" *i get punished for trying to overtake*

Guy brakes on a straight, comes to a stop........ I rear end him *collision penalty for me*

Car? what car? all i see is a shadow moving across the floor BAM! he appears inside me and I crash.

Seriously this shit needs fixed.

JamboGT

Probably wait for the corresponding companion app update, since that's how new profiles become available.
Thanks, I see that in the image posted there is a far cry 4 profile, haven't had that either so presumably that is a US account.

On another note, I hate the drift events. I can do them fine, it is just that the drifting system in driveclub isn't very good... And that is because of the assists that you can't turn off.

For example, if I do it in a way that is fun and maintains momentum and "style" I don't seem to generate enough angle for points. To get points I slide more than the game wants me to, kicking the traction control in and costing me momentum. If the assists were off I could maintain angle and have enough throttle to power out of the slide as I would with a more shallow drift.

I really enjoy the game but the drift events make me sigh each time I see one.

witness

Not a fan of yet again another Corvette that is so similar. Why not the brand new badass 2015 Z06 instead? Anyway, time for some other american muscle cars; Mustangs, Challengers, Camaro's, etc and time for some japanese cars; GTR, Evo, Honda Type R's, Lexus LFA, Subaru's, etc. I am stupid excited though for the Jag F Type, that is my realistic dream car.

Siegmeyer

I know Rushy reads this thread so hopefully he sees this request.

At the moment we can have Face-Offs 'Off' or 'On', but I'd love to have an option to just have Face-Offs for Friends on. I really couldn't care less whether I beat or fail to beat some randoms cornering line or average speed. I don't know if they are rubbish at the game, one of the world's best or letting their toddler have a go on their account. It means nothing to me and I just ignore them.

However, when I approach a DHC-Shannow cornering line for example, I find myself trying to beat it, or at least use it as a yardstick to measure how well that corner can be taken. I've never spoken to him/her, but somehow it feels a lot more personal and meaningful. Same goes for any Driveclub GAFfers on my friends list. It enhances that feeling of community even though none of them are in my club.

I know you get extra fame for beating Face-Offs, but I stopped caring about fame points once I'd unlocked the Gumpert. They were just a means to an end and it's just a meaningless number now.

God damnit that headset profile only seems to be available for the Gold headset and not the Pulse Elite :(

Why is the more expensive headset getting things after the cheaper one?

Not a fan of yet again another Corvette that is so similar. Why not the brand new badass 2015 Z06 instead? Anyway, time for some other american muscle cars; Mustangs, Challengers, Camaro's, etc and time for some japanese cars; GTR, Evo, Honda Type R's, Lexus LFA, Subaru's, etc. I am stupid excited though for the Jag F Type, that is my realistic dream car.
You're moaning about a similar Corvette, and your proposed solution is another similar Corvette?

lordxar

I know Rushy reads this thread so hopefully he sees this request.

At the moment we can have Face-Offs 'Off' or 'On', but I'd love to have an option to just have Face-Offs for Friends on. I really couldn't care less whether I beat or fail to beat some randoms cornering line or average speed. I don't know if they are rubbish at the game, one of the world's best or letting their toddler have a go on their account. It means nothing to me and I just ignore them.

However, when I approach a DHC-Shannow cornering line for example, I find myself trying to beat it, or at least use it as a yardstick to measure how well that corner to be taken. I've never spoken to him/her, but somehow it feels a lot more personal and meaningful. Same goes for any Driveclub GAFfers on my friends list. It enhances that feeling of community even though none of them are in my club.

I know you get extra fame for beating Face-Offs, but I stopped caring about fame points once I'd unlocked the Gumpert. They were just a means to an end and it's just a meaningless number now.

I like that idea. Stretch that idea to friends times as well. I mean we can compare friends on the leaderboard why not go against them exclusively?

Siegmeyer

Wow, you guys weren't kidding about the easiness of the latest tours. There were one or two single events that were a little tricky, but the final trophy cups for both were a joke. I 9 starred both first go with no retries, and didn't drive anywhere near my best.

Anyway, count me in the 495/ 495 club :)

Top Bottom