• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Strider

Going back through the main tour now to try and clean up some more stars. Currently at 174/225.

Some of these I'm finding ridiculously easy this time around. I'm still not good at this game by any means but it's nice being able to see that I've improved a lot. I was really horrible starting out lol

viveks86

I love all the little things in this update. Reducing the star requirement is neat. Since that is in place, I hope the new DLC has the right difficulty (Redline/Elements)

Ebolarama

Banned
It's a waste of a car pack place (at least IMO)

I don't think it's the same thing with the Stingray. That car is pretty unique compared to the ZR1 or the C06. I think the two latest Corvettes could be considered "cheating," but at least we get a Viper too.

Still wondering about the sixth (free) car. Unless I overlooked something I only counted five.

Hoping for a LaFerrari, F40 and a FXX sometime down the road!

Nyx

I don't think it's the same thing with the Stingray. That car is pretty unique compared to the ZR1 or the C06. I think the two latest Corvettes could be considered "cheating," but at least we get a Viper too.

Still wondering about the sixth (free) car. Unless I overlooked something I only counted five.

Hoping for a LaFerrari, F40 and a FXX sometime down the road!

The VUHL 05 is the free car.

Ferrari F50, Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Centennial Edition, SRT Viper GTS, Koenigsegg One:1 and Jaguar F-Type R Coupé are in the Season Pass/DLC.

Whoa great update Rushy! Amazing cars and that track looks great.

What do you mean with the factory Paint jobs? Are they extra colors from real life manufacturers, to chose besides the standard colors already in the game?

Right now you can only choose between a single manufacturer's paint job and whatever you have previously put into the custom slots. The update will add more official manufacturer paint jobs for you to choose from right before a race.

Edit: Nevermind, forgot to refresh the thread before replying.

You can press the square button on livery select to quickly cycle through the standard manufacturer colours for each car (up to 12 unique colours per car).

Wow, i didn't expect that many colours per car, maybe 2-3. That's great and it will free up my custom slots for more creative designs. Until now i've used most of them just for regular paint jobs.

IKizzLE

I don't like how they're "cheating" with yet another Corvette, but I can't wait to get my hands on other new cars, especially on that beautiful Jag F-Type.
The stingray, z06 and zr1 are all different enough to warrant there own car slot. Yea, it'd be nice to have another American car in its place like the cts-v but this is no where near as egregious as the 2011 and 2013 m5.

lordxar

I love all the little things in this update. Reducing the star requirement is neat. Since that is in place, I hope the new DLC has the right difficulty (Redline/Elements)

Got a couple trophies that will instantly pop! Really like that change myself. Think I'm at or close to 8 on Elements but hitting 12 ain't happening anytime soon. This reduction will definitely open up more of the game for me.

nib95

Banned
Pretty elated right now. The update sounds magnificent. Amazing roster of vehicles, awesome looking new track, fun sounding new Tours, and some great new features.

The funny thing is, I made this post just a few weeks back and lo and behold we're getting this car. Also mentioned the Jag F-Type a few weeks before that, and that's in here too, along with the F50, which imo is an all time classic, and the fierce new One:1!

Rushy, if you're reading, you asked what cars people would like added. I think this little beauty could be a great add to compete with the Caterham, KTM etc.

VUHL 05. Brand new Mexican sports roadster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5jsAZViZVc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C58L2sXBQC8

GAZ_d994b5bf12ce465ea6420e24e021c461.jpg

VUHL-05-5.jpg

AMG

Neo Member
Right now you can only choose between a single manufacturer's paint job and whatever you have previously put into the custom slots. The update will add more official manufacturer paint jobs for you to choose from right before a race.

Wow, i didn't expect that many colours per car, maybe 2-3. That's great and it will free up my custom slots for more creative designs. Until now i've used most of them just for regular paint jobs.

I wish they would also add more slots for the custom colors. I'd like to have at least 10 slots always accessible. Though I like the manufacturer paint update!!! Great job Evo!!!

Finally got a wheel to play this with. Got a T80 since I'm a bit low on funds atm, but it'll suffice for the time being. I can't believe I've been playing with a controller till now.

xrnzaaas

It's a waste of a car pack place (at least IMO)

I guess we'll have to get used to it. I'm pretty sure it takes ages to prepare a high quality model from scratch, but this isn't a free car we're talking about so people can (and should) complain. At least a little. ;)

In other news I can't wait for the devs to finally add a replay mode. I'd love to have fun with the photo mode since I always can't focus on finding a perfect moment to pause a race. :)

DJ Gunner

I'm floored. While I didn't dive into this game until around Christmas, I was very pleased with it all around and I'm about 100 races shy of a platinum (damn accolades). Seeing what's on the horizon- it's really something to watch this game continue to evolve. What a value.

Can someone test out Japan cockpit and confirm gamma is fixed?

But yeah Rushy mentioned they fixed it almost immediately when it was pointed out so I'm sure it's in.

Alright I have a couple of questions about this game, I'm hesitating at the moment with buying a PS4 with this or waiting until Bloodborne.

From the last update thingie, it seems there's a bunch of DLC for this, which is fine but I'm wondering, how much exactly is paid DLC? Is the Japan free update from a couple months ago(or whenever that was, I just remember seeing the news) still free, or was it only free for a limited period of time? Are tracks paid DLC or is it only cars? Is there a decent amount of free cars with the game?

Also was wondering, how much of the content is locked early on and require to play to unlock? How long would that take to unlock?

I tried checking the old OT for answers but it didn't have that much and this one doesn't either and google only shows update articles and stuff like that, making it hard to find specific answers.

Yessss.
michael-jackson-dance-smiley-emoticon.gif

Can't test since the update isn't out yet. :p

Oh, lol. Next week.

I'm dumb.

Alright I have a couple of questions about this game, I'm hesitating at the moment with buying a PS4 with this or waiting until Bloodborne.

From the last update thingie, it seems there's a bunch of DLC for this, which is fine but I'm wondering, how much exactly is paid DLC? Is the Japan free update from a couple months ago(or whenever that was, I just remember seeing the news) still free, or was it only free for a limited period of time? Are tracks paid DLC or is it only cars? Is there a decent amount of free cars with the game?

Also was wondering, how much of the content is locked early on and require to play to unlock? How long would that take to unlock?

I tried checking the old OT for answers but it didn't have that much and this one doesn't either and google only shows update articles and stuff like that, making it hard to find specific answers.

All tracks (including Japan) are completely free.

There's a very good selection of free cars, but I have a feeling you will want the DLC ones because there's some fucking awesome ones locked away there.

As for the DLC, each DLC "pack" contains additional tour events/trophies, cars, and liveries (paint jobs)

Most of the cars are locked at the start but if you just play through the tour you'll level up quickly and unlock most of them at a very good pace. You'll also want to join a club as some of the cars are unlocked that way. There's plenty of clubs on GAF so if you ask around I'm sure someone will have a spot for you

lordxar

The base game has like 50+ cars, all the tracks, 255 tour stars, challenges, MP and free drive on tracks. The DLC is in packs of 45 new tour stars, some livery, and usually 5 cars a month. You can buy each pack but the whole season pass is like $25 and gives you everything. Top price you'll spend is $75 for the discounted game and pass but you can get the base game for much cheaper.

Oh, forgot about weather and photo mode which is base. Basically its like this, the base game is pretty substantial as is and the pass gets you a shitload more.

All tracks (including Japan) are completely free.

There's a very good selection of free cars, but I have a feeling you will want the DLC ones because there's some fucking awesome ones locked away there.

As for the DLC, each DLC "pack" contains additional tour events/trophies, cars, and liveries (paint jobs)

Most of the cars are locked at the start but if you just play through the tour you'll level up quickly and unlock most of them at a very good pace. You'll also want to join a club as some of the cars are unlocked that way. There's plenty of clubs on GAF so if you ask around I'm sure someone will have a spot for you

The base game has like 50+ cars, all the tracks, 255 tour stars, challenges, MP and free drive on tracks. The DLC is in packs of 45 new tour stars, some livery, and usually 5 cars a month. You can buy each pack but the whole season pass is like $25 and gives you everything. Top price you'll spend is $75 for the discounted game and pass but you can get the base game for much cheaper.

Oh, forgot about weather and photo mode which is base. Basically its like this, the base game is pretty substantial as is and the pass gets you a shitload more.

Good to hear thanks, I think I'll do that then.

GreedZen

Banned
Adds the ability to choose from a collection of factory Paint Jobs during vehicle selection prior to an Event.

Multiple factory paint jobs should have been in there from the start; I'll appease myself by thinking there was a good reason the feature wasn't there.

Another Vette?
I don't like how they're "cheating" with yet another Corvette, but I can't wait to get my hands on other new cars, especially on that beautiful Jag F-Type.
I wish they would stop doing this, did the same thing with a lot of Mercedes too.
Lots more cars: We can't say what's coming just yet, but many of your most commonly requested cars and manufacturers are coming to DRIVECLUB, along with a few surprises.

Hopefully the new cars are essentially dupes of existing ones.
ex:
  • Launch Ferrari 458 Italia - Paid DLC Ferrari 458 Speciale
  • Paid DLC 2012 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 - Paid DLC 2012 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
  • Launch BMW M5 F10 - Free DLC 2013 BMW M5 F10
  • Launch Ferrari 599 GTO - Free DLC Ferrari 599XX Evoluzione
  • Launch 2014 BMW SLS AMG Black Series - Free DLC 2015 Mercedes AMG GT S - Paid DLC Mercedes SLS AMG Electric Drive
  • RUF They all look alike ^_^

Best case scenario is lack of time, resources, availability or contractual obligations.
If the "dupes" are there instead of other new to DRIVECLUB models due to developer choice alone; well, I'm disappointed.

Yes I'm aware these cars have some major difference; however I'm not alone in preferring to have the best version from the start and completely new cars instead of variations on the same model.

Dupes are the main reason why I refrain from purchasing individual DLC, muchless the season pass. Free DLC or not, I can't support Evolution Studios further until I see the complete vehicle lineup.

Multiple factory paint jobs should have been in there from the start; I'll appease myself by thinking there was a good reason the feature wasn't there.

There was always multiple factory paint jobs, you just had to go to the garage to pick them before.

Now they've added an option to pick from them when starting an event.

Dupes are the main reason why I refrain from purchasing individual DLC, muchless the season pass. Free DLC or not, I can't support Evolution Studios further until I see the complete vehicle lineup.
Of the cars that are known to me from my list, which is incomplete and old, aka nothing is guaranteed, there is only remaining car that people may consider to be a duplicate. It is a concept version of a production car in the game but is a darn sight more powerful!

Really
Screen shot?
All I've seen is a colour palette.
Well, technically that palette is made up of the manufacturer colours, which might explain why there's 500 shades of red.

Whb29

So the online appears to be silky smooth since the last server upgrade. Anyone else think the double-fame weekend is a load test preparing for the PS Plus version/companion app?

GreedZen

Banned
Of the cars that are known to me from my list, which is incomplete and old, aka nothing is guaranteed, there is only remaining car that people may consider to be a duplicate. It is a concept version of a production car in the game but is a darn sight more powerful!

Well, technically that palette is made up of the manufacturer colours, which might explain why there's 500 shades of red.

Ewww, I hate chutney. lol Or should I say I've yet to encounter one I like.

Re: Car list: If I were to see what they have in store that may convince me to buy the DLC come pay day. As for now i'll wait until I have nothing else to play or all the DLC is out.

While some of the colours in the palette may apply to some cars. I dare to say it does not capture even 75% and that's being generous. Colour matching is a pain in real life much less using a games user tools. It's better for the dev to do it since they should have the colour info from the manufacturer.

Now I just need to finish off Demon's Souls (first time thru) so I can start cranking some time into this x2 exp thing.

lordxar

Yes I'm aware these cars have some major difference; however I'm not alone in preferring to have the best version from the start and completely new cars instead of variations on the same model.

This mean we can't ask for an 80's car cause its an old and shitty variant? Yea some are really close in specs or year but I'm guessing it has to do with what they can license more than their vision of which cars belong. I'm guessing there's more cars that they want but can't get.

This is my first car game in a long time and quite honestly there's too damn many cars as it is, not that I won't gladly have more but seriously there's a shitload of cars and more on the way.

You'll probably be waiting until July for a full list of cars. Their still adding cars from what I understand. So the future cars being added isn't set in stone.

LoveCake

I want to join a fellow GAF'ers club, preferably in the UK, i have sent requests to a few clubs in the game but have not been let in :(

I am good at racing games, but am not really enjoying DC at the moment as much as i thought i would (had issues with my HomeHub3, not have a HomeHub5 so i can play online) the rookie cars maybe the problem.

Siegmeyer

To those who have 3 starred the 'Small in Japan' event, which hot-hatch did you use? I seem to be half a second behind the 3 star ghost even by the end of the first bridge :(

What an awesome set of updates to come :)

Especially ranks over 50 (been 50 for a while now), rev counter in cockpit (I'll need this for some cars where I can't read the dash), factory paint jobs (woot), and reiterating that the PS+ edition is still coming.

And the new track of course!

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
I want to join a fellow GAF'ers club, preferably in the UK, i have sent requests to a few clubs in the game but have not been let in :(

I am good at racing games, but am not really enjoying DC at the moment as much as i thought i would (had issues with my HomeHub3, not have a HomeHub5 so i can play online) the rookie cars maybe the problem.

You can join Brit GAF if you want! We have one more space.

Ame

Fantastic update! Looking forward to downloading this next week. Still waiting for some Japanese cars though. Hopefully the next car pack.

Top Bottom