• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Konosuke

It's actually a modified Lotus Exige which was meant to be little more then a straight line highspeed monster, not much different then the Bugatti Veyron (Which is also handles like a boat and ISN'T an American car so your analogy towards American sports cars is a bit off)

I certainly wouldn't make the claim that the SRT Viper, Ford GT, C7 Stingray, or Saleen S7 handle like bathtubs.
Oh shit! So that's why it looked familiar to me. Those are the exceptions to the rule
/s

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
Hi guys I just got driveclub yesterday and I wanted to know if the photomode was already available and if yes how to activate it?

Sorry if it was obvious I didn't find how.

dano1

A Sheep
Looking for a racer that drives clean (or at least try's to) my club has just been sitting there waiting for my PS+ friends. Time to get it going.

quetz67

Banned
I don't really understand the game. I am bad at going into turns, so I just keep at full speed and turn the last second so I crash with the side losing nearly no speed. I get some of those points at the top deducted, but I don't care.

But when I try to do a turn rhe right way I might crash into some other car or take the turn to early and then there seems to be some penalty that slows down the car for a few seconds.

Game also seems to be rather arcadey when it comes to enemies crashing into you, often killing your pole position in the last few yrads.

YESSSSSS! just beat venom hot lap without even realising. Took me a day and a half but did it in the end. Feel like I've just beaten a boss in dark souls lmao. Magical! Right now to do the legend cup :p

No words could express my pain right now, so I'll let this one speak for itself:

ykdJq8O.jpg

Matush

Finally got online and created the club after 10 days. Enjoying the game much more, also, challenges are not working right now?

gl0w

Yeah, it took me less than 20 minutes to get there so I'm sure I'll make it soon enough, but five thousands of a second...in this race...that's just mean.

I took several days to complete that challenge, I was just about to give up.. And then i just started to get used to the car and the track.

I took several days to complete that challenge, I was just about to give up.. And then i just started to get used to the car and the track.

I've been using the Venom for most of the Legend-Tour so I feel as though I have a good handle on it. It's the one long turn with the drift Face Off that's giving me the most trouble. I know I'm doing something wrong there but I haven't figured out what.

Edit: 1:15:985. I'll take it.

Auctopus

Questions (akin to GT):
  • Will there be a way to download the ghost of leader board's top members time trials?
  • Will the game ever have a "Replay" feature?

I don't think the download is totally necessary. The game (when working) gives you ghosts of the people near you on the leaderboards so you slowly creep up to the #1 spot.

IISANDERII

I like the racing in the online multiplayer much better than the single player; way less rubberbanding. Incidentally, got wins in both of my first 2 races *puffs chest*

Has anyone successfully gotten a refund from the digital purchase? I'm sick and tired of waiting for them to get their shit together at this point. I'm just going to move on to other games.

Has anyone successfully gotten a refund from the digital purchase? I'm sick and tired of waiting for them to get their shit together at this point. I'm just going to move on to other games.

Have you even done any of the campaign events? I haven't raced online once but I'm still enjoying the game for what it is. A great racing game. And they'll get the online sorted eventually.

I played the multiplayer just now, drove Mercedes-Benz and beat all the Audi cars. It felt really great

9lVy0Hvl.jpg

Lol probably not. Evolution Studios will push PS5 hardware to achieve Driveclub with ultra-realistic graphic, 4K res and Project Morpheus support.

Also it will run at locked 30fps

I'd still play it though

Have you even done any of the campaign events? I haven't raced online once but I'm still enjoying the game for what it is. A great racing game. And they'll get the online sorted eventually.

Sorry for wanting to experience the game as a whole. I hate seeing a bunch of unlocked cars because I can't ever connect to the servers. It's a bunch of bullshit, and I want to play the game how it is supposed to be played. There's way too many other good games out there to waste time with this nonsense.

Cock of War

Finally got 225/225 stars and that infamous Venom Hotlap beaten but only by a fly's split pubic hair. As you can see it's quite sloppy and there is much room for improvement. Getting it down to 1.12 seems a bit impossible but I would love to see a video of that.

Bonus: This happened in an online race.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Sorry for wanting to experience the game as a whole. I hate seeing a bunch of unlocked cars because I can't ever connect to the servers. It's a bunch of bullshit, and I want to play the game how it is supposed to be played. There's way too many other good games out there to waste time with this nonsense.

Return it, man. Simple.

uod2w1p.gif

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
How do you return a digital game?

Oh...Well.

Always go physical, I say. I don't understand why people are so intent on just signing an agreement for the right to play a game that can be waived any time the service goes down.
You don't really own it. I'd rather hoard my games. Display them neatly, etc.

Hugstable

Banned
Hmm not connecting for me this morning, and it sucks that the cars you get for joining a club isn't usable if there is connection problems. I wanna use my Golf GTI! Absolutely in love with these Windy mountain tracks though, this is like my dream racing game and with a few improvements (true customization, tuning, etc) this game would be the perfect mountain racing game. Racing through mountains at high speeds reminds me of one of my most favorite arcade games ever, Initial D!

So I'm not a fan of racing game at all and I decided to try this out. Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with it. I'm sure I'll like it even more once all the kinks are ironed out. Pleasant surprise.

Contact Sony.

And yes, to answer the initial question, at least two people here have reported getting their funds back from Sony.

Yeah, I just did. They said they don't normally allow refunds on digital products but they created a case and will get back to me. Good to hear that some people were able to get a refund. If I do get one, perhaps I'll check it out again whenever things are working and it goes on sale.

dano1

A Sheep

Oh boy.

Wondeful lap man! I wish there were more people like you on online hyper races. They are always an absolute wreckfest. I actually managed to beat a couple of Zonda R's with the RUF, even lapping a couple players on a five lap race.

Yeah getting out of the pack in the hyper races is needed if you dont wanna go down with the rest of the group. Thats why I always cross my fingers for being in the front when the race starts lol

BiGBoSSMk23

Please tell me this isn't accurate.

It's not, your tail will spin out, especially in the cars with less traction control.

Some of the hypers let you get away with more recklessness but something like the Gran Turismo is a lot less forgiving of sloppy braking.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
http://youtu.be/qHtY9drctTs

Good showcase of AI fucking up even on Legend difficulty. Love how the cars get airborne when they go over the bridge.

Fuck me! Anyone got a similar video but with insane graphics quality? This video looks like shit (graphics wise) but the sense of speed is insane!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I suppose its normal that some events do not save my times for the leaderboards?
Anything I can do about it or is there at least a list of tracks that are affected?
On the first page, I cant make any leaderboard entries for Munnar Rally, Volkswagen series and Mini GP, but the ones before worked.

Top Bottom