• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

How do club requests work? Sent a few request to join gaf friend's clubs and I just got back on and still aren't in one. Imagine it was declined but is there any way to know? If I send 5 requests does only the last one count?

madp0k

I found a great way to be not bothered by penalties, race with HUD off and the music loud. It's just some extra beeps per minute :)

I do wish I could get a pit board though as I usually have no idea what lap I'm on or what position but to be honest I don't usually care lol love this game.

Blastoise

Banned
I found a great way to be not bothered by penalties, race with HUD off and the music loud. It's just some extra beeps per minute :)

I do wish I could get a pit board though as I usually have no idea what lap I'm on or what position but to be honest I don't usually care lol love this game.

Oh yeah. This is the way I've been racing since I got the game.

viveks86

HOLY SHIT! Just played my first quick single event on Bandipur at 5 PM, legend difficulty on a BAC Mono. Shit is intense. And freaking beautiful. AI is absolutely brutal, even to each other. Saw at least 4 cars wipeout in a single 3 lap race. lol

After the tour mode, I think chasing accolades is my new goal. There's so much fun stuff to try out and experiment. And it all goes to the club. If this is what people call "grinding", then I'm gonna grind all day! After the bad taste that grinding in Destiny left in my mouth, this is… refreshing!

How do club requests work? Sent a few request to join gaf friend's clubs and I just got back on and still aren't in one. Imagine it was declined but is there any way to know? If I send 5 requests does only the last one count?

You can send requests to as many clubs as you are interested in. Unfortunately, club requests are like friend requests. If the recipient doesn't notice it, or ignores it, you will not know. They do have the option to reject it though, which would notify you.

Probably makes sense to send a PSN message to the club owners' PSN as well, to make sure they at least acknowledge it.

I found a great way to be not bothered by penalties, race with HUD off ...
Seriously turning the hud off was the first thing I did. I never even know what's a penalty and what isn't unless I get the engine cut-off thing. And I mean really? So you've got 1,244,575 points instead of 1,286,954 points because grrrrr them darn penalties.

*** I managed to buy driveclub twice from PSN despite having a working copy ***

The first was the pre-order $49.99 edition. That's what I've been playing all along. I have the confirmation email dated 10/6/2014 at 6:10pm

In an effort to find out why my copy has NEVER connected, I noticed that when I moved to driveclub on the PS4 list of games, a yellow "buy - $49.00" option appears below the game (this does not appear below other games, instead there is the rate/rating box there).
So I bought it again. Add to cart, confirm purchase, thank you email, this one dated 10/19/2014 12.21am called Driveclub (Full Game).

Now I've bought it twice and will apply to Sony to get a refund.

It didn't fix the problem (yet) though, I still get no server connection.

Maybe PSN communicates with Evolution studios the PSN ids of those who own the game and my id was not on that list. Maybe it will be shortly.

Something is screwed up in PSN over the driveclub launch that charged people for games , allowed downloads, and updates, then did not correctly or completely record that they own them.

*** I managed to buy driveclub twice from PSN despite having a working copy ***

The first was the pre-order $49.99 edition. That's what I've been playing all along. I have the confirmation email dated 10/6/2014 at 6:10pm

In an effort to find out why my copy has NEVER connected, I noticed that when I moved to driveclub on the PS4 list of games, a yellow "buy - $49.00" option appears below the game (this does not appear below other games, instead there is the rate/rating box there).
So I bought it again. Add to cart, confirm purchase, thank you email, this one dated 10/19/2014 12.21am called Driveclub (Full Game).

Now I've bought it twice and will apply to Sony to get a refund.

It didn't fix the problem (yet) though, I still get no server connection.

Maybe PSN communicates with Evolution studios the PSN ids of those who own the game and my id was not on that list. Maybe it will be shortly.

Something is screwed up in PSN over the driveclub launch that charged people for games , allowed downloads, and updates, then did not correctly or completely record that they own them.

I've got the feeling the price showing is to do with it being on plus, as I think it's the same as with other PS+ content. Despite the fact the Driveclub PS+ copy can be kept forever, other PS+ content is part of your subscription unless you decide to buy it outright.

so your copy shows a price as well?

and, everyone can buy it twice over, if they so choose to make a donation to Sony?

edit: the only other games that show a "buy" option are Destiny (also a pre-order) and Don't Starve (which was a ps+)

but other ps+ freebie games I have don't show buy options. Confused..

i also never got any bonus download except from the store i got a merc sls whatever.
or is that the entirety of the psn pre order incentives?

Are the leaderboards still busted? I've easily beaten times from some of the people on the GAF friends list thingo and it hasn't updated my time...

and, everyone can buy it twice over, if they so choose to make a donation to Sony?

edit: the only other games that show a "buy" option are Destiny (also a pre-order) and Don't Starve (which was a ps+)

but other ps+ freebie games I have don't show buy options. Confused..

I can't check at the moment as the kids are on the PS3. I have it on disk though and I'm pretty sure it shows the store price

Maybe a donate button wouldn't be a bad idea, if it went straight to developers you like :) Good way to support indies.

NeoRausch

I just have to quote myself from the other thread:

I had to bump this thread because after a fun night of Driveclub online
(finally)
I found this on my phone this morning.

screenshot_2014-10-195erom.png

Yupp, feels pretty good.

Finally: 1:15,804 on the Venom hot lap. It was the stuff of nightmares to finally beat it. There is much room for improvement but i will never revisit that event again.

viveks86

Man! There's so much to try out with the accolades that I didn't do with the tour!

Also, I remember not being too impressed with the visuals in India. After playing around with the time of day, I am glad that I stand corrected. Just… wow.

wowzors

Good news: the three matches i played online were fun albeit flawed (people slamming into you for minimal penalty).

Bad News: The other 30 matches that did not load or kicked me out or had someother error. I thought they had fixed some of this but it looks like they need a bit more time to fix this to an acceptable level (not a good sign for PS+ edition).

poros1ty

Are the leaderboards still busted? I've easily beaten times from some of the people on the GAF friends list thingo and it hasn't updated my time...

I feel as though they are updating, just slowly. I had a drift high score that didn't show up until like a day later, even though I've already beaten it, I think it will show up eventually as well.

Sweep14

The multiplayer is undoubtedly getting better. Way more stable than it was earlier this week. Hope for Rushy and the team that they are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. This game really shines when everything clicks correctly.

wapplew

The multiplayer is undoubtedly getting better. Way more stable than it was earlier this week. Hope for Rushy and the team that they are seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. This game really shines when everything clicks correctly.

Could be server improve or many users gave up...

Syncing with Lobby...
Connecting to players.
Vehicle Select
Loading Content

What is this shit.
It's what i've been doing for hours on end. And restarting the game because it crashed completely, asking me to send a crash report. And ohhh the jolly fun with switching between party leader and not really knowing what the FUCK is going on. And then waiting, waiting, waiting, alsmost starting a race, and then: ERROR... Are you not entertained?

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Right, I need a club so I can unlock stuff and whatnot. Anyone got a spot?

EDIT: Either that or I can create one if there are others here that need a club. I'm thinking of the name "Quite Mediocre".

Right, I need a club so I can unlock stuff and whatnot. Anyone got a spot?

EDIT: Either that or I can create one if there are others here that need a club. I'm thinking of the name "Quite Mediocre".

You can also join Eau Rouge (PSN:gallusgallus). We have two open spots, so others are welcome as well. I think we're level 13 at the moment. No clue how active the club is, but at least it gives you some unlocked cars.

itsinmyveins

Gets to pilot the crappy patrol labors
Oh, MikeDub – how many open spots have you got? I'd rather join one with a lot of people in it from the start, to be honest!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I feel as though they are updating, just slowly. I had a drift high score that didn't show up until like a day later, even though I've already beaten it, I think it will show up eventually as well.

I have multiple tracks that still havent uploaded my times after 3-4 days, while others upload instantly. It really feels like some track leaderboards are completely busted for me.

Pjsprojects

Ready to give up on this and sell the game. Still not connecting and still the weather & photo mode are not present.
Might pick it up again in the future when its a tenner or less.

Late Flag

Syncing with Lobby...
Connecting to players.
Vehicle Select
Loading Content

What is this shit.

It takes way too long to get into a race. It wouldn't be so bad if your lobby carried over between races, but nope you get dumped and your new lobby re-syncs between every event. I know I should be grateful that the servers are functional now and maybe this process will speed up once they get the remaining kinks worked out, but I honestly think I'm spending about as much time looking at loading screens as actually racing.

So does mine. I was checking the store last night to see if I had overlooked a pre-order car, and I noticed the game still shows as $49.99 and I could even add it to my cart. (Didn't re-buy of course).

GodofWine

Ready to give up on this and sell the game. Still not connecting and still the weather & photo mode are not present.
Might pick it up again in the future when its a tenner or less.

They said from day 1 weather and photo mode before christmas, they never said at launch.

Sucks you still can't connect, i never dont connect now :/

Certinty

I'm glad I paid just under £30 for this game, anything more and I would feel pretty ripped off. Graphics, handling and tracks are awesome but really everything else more or less sucks, shame because it had a great core for an unbelievable game.

Top Bottom