• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Auctopus

Your own ghost is not stored server side. Try signing out of PSN and your ghost shows up right at the start. The delay is related to the server issues. It seems to try and retrieve some info from servers when online (probably pick up the most appropriate ghost that isn't your own), fail, and then default to your ghost.

Yeah, I'm guessing
hoping
that our best times will eventually be sent over as mine does keep popping up now and then so it's saved somewhere.

And it handles like poo

It's one of the best handling cars in the game to me.

madp0k

Hoping they get this sorted soon, I'm happy to give them abit of grace but it's wearing thin now. Would be happy if the leaderboards were sorted and a decent lobby system at this point. I love the game but this is getting a bit silly now

kriskrosbbk

Guys ,I am trying to beat 1:45 on BHR Track day event . My record is 1:45:612 using the RUF.
Any car suggestions ,just cannot do the three stars.

GodofWine

Even my patient self is getting a bit frustrated now with this games kinda broken online.

1) leaderboards arent updating or arent updating quick enough to record times, i can set a time and play for an hour, and its not there, just my old time.
2) i wish theyd turn face offs off until they fix them, having a blue line or whatever pop up after seeing none for an hour is a great way to get me to crash
3) MP is a crapshoot and usually disconnects after one race

Even me , who is as apologetic for Driveclub as anyone, is starting to think this is long term broken, these issues must run very deep into the dna of the game

AndyD

aka andydumi
Even my patient self is getting a bit frustrated now with this games kinda broken online.

1) leaderboards arent updating or arent updating quick enough to record times, i can set a time and play for an hour, and its not there, just my old time.
2) i wish theyd turn face offs off until they fix them, having a blue line or whatever pop up after seeing none for an hour is a great way to get me to crash

Even me , who is as apologetic for Driveclub as anyone, is starting to think this is long term broken, these issues must run very deep into the dna of the game

I am starting to get frustrated as well. It's enjoyable and SP is mostly fine, but the inconsistent inclusion of face-offs in races is also throwing me off.

Atcha

I am on the same edge as you.

I want to sell this game. ( "sell" is written.. holy cow )

I beg to differ, but as much as I agree that it's great looking this way...

... they also fucked up big time with the fugly looking rear of the car:

It's even worse looking in its roadster version, IMO.
But, hey, it's just a matter of tastes I guess...

I have had an 2005 Mustang, a 2009 GT/CS Mustang and now drive a 2013 GT and I have to agree. A couple of dudes on my Instagram have them and in some angles it looks good. Others it looks horrible. It has mustang design cues but it isn't muscle-y at all

Still wouldn't mind one in driveclub. Or any american cars for that matter.

Jamesways

Don't you give my spot to someone else or I'll send Jamesways over to sort you out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEOml1f8wj4

;)

Haha! Oldie but goodie.

And yeah, DC certainly scratches that PGR itch, at least for me.

Who's the highest in our group at the moment?

Say my name bitch, SAY MY NAME! ;^)
This and...

Got 6 trophies left to unlock (incl the Platinum). One is a massive grind fest, completing the four game modes, one will come naturally (L50) and the other three are waiting for the bloody Challenges to unlock.

Not that I care about trophies. ;^)

Holy shit did you level up fast in this game! No sleeping at all?

I'm working on that trophy too, game mode one is going to take forever, other ones are close. I doubt I'll ever get the 225/225 stars, I'm terrible at the drift events.

I'm having fun doing Single events now, picking on mfg of car and going through every course with random time of day and other options. I should hit level 40 tonight.

Only played 3 hours yesterday, then took a break for a little Alien Isolation last night.

Hugstable

Banned

Yeah that's why I'm waiting til at least next monday before I ask for my refund, and I'm not trying to play very much more into the game just in case. While I'm enjoying the heck out of the single player right now, I'm worried about the long term with this game sicne after the SP content is done, all that's left it multiplayer and Challenges (which are awesome and can last lots of playtime..) but if it's not working soon I feel like it might be something that's truly a big deal like you said and must be coded deep into the game. If that's the case then I feel like I need a refund since half the game is literally not functioning at all. The Faceoffs I got where so much fun yesterday, but it's not consistent at all and I will end up going for races at a time with nothing. Plus the leaderboards issue as well. Please Evo fix this game, I'm enjoying it too much to start feeling the doubt that I'm already feeling :(

I feel the same way except I rented it from Gamefly with the intent to buy it if I liked it. Which I do, I love it, but now I can wait for the online to get fixed and weather to get patched, and hope to be able to purchase it in late November at half the price during the holiday sales.

GodofWine

They are lucky that they still have the PS+ 'bullet ' in the gun, assuming it is fixed "soon " and ps+ is released and millions of people try it, and 15% upgrade, the community for the game will be awesome, lots of ifs here though.

Id be happy with just leaderboards working right now, i can waste an evening trying to beat times no problem.

Fake edit : wonder if they are considering driveclub ps+ as a holiday release so that more people can play it? If its released in january there should be at least a million more potential players?

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I bought my dad a ps4 DC bundle on the 8th of Oktober and told him we could race in a club together. After explaining five times over the phone that we can't do that because of some server issues, He unplugged the ps4 and got the PS3 (gt6) running again. Guess that's one clubmate gone for good. What a bummer. Lol.

I bought my dad a ps4 DC bundle on the 8th of Oktober and told him we could race in a club together. After explaining five times over the phone that we can't do that because of some server issues, He unplugged the ps4 and got the PS3 (gt6) running again. Guess that's one clubmate gone for good. What a bummer. Lol.

Do you play with him online in GT6? Is he good?

And the worst part...

I LOVE THIS GAME. Nothing working beside Single player hurts me!

What you can do is post how you managed to get that insane time with the Golf on Holmastad Reverse. It's bugging the crap out of me. The time is too good. Even if you can't repeat it I want to see how you can get a competitive time with a Golf.

That time is you isn't it?

Hugstable

Banned
man once this game truly gets working perfecting online, we need to have a Driveclub Gaf Tourney! I wouldn't know how to go about setting one up, but it would be an awesome way to celebrate the game fully working online once it does!

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
I am enjoying driving the Golf GTI so much that it is making me consider buying one in real life. The handling is so great.

I'm a little apprehensive about moving onto the supercars, I'm sure the handling will be pretty unwieldy.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Do you play with him online in GT6? Is he good?

Meh... i gave my PS3 to my sister. Next gen and next gen only.

Actually, he takes incredible amounts of time to get the feeling for a car, but when he does, he is able to complete everything. He pretty much 100%ted all GT games except for mp stuff. Not bad for a 61 year old.

Once, i gave him my ps3 to grind GT5 for me. Two weeks later i had 10mil credits. So good.

Cyborg

Oh god still a lot of gamers cant play online without problems and where the fuck is the PS+ edition?

It just awkward!

Hugstable

Banned
I am enjoying driving the Golf GTI so much that it is making me consider buying one in real life. The handling is so great.

I'm a little apprehensive about moving onto the supercars, I'm sure the handling will be pretty unwieldy.

My buddy has this actual model of GTI, and it still trips me out how damn accurate it sounds to the real thing, blow-off valve and everything. Golf GTI is probably my favorite and most used car so far, I almost have max level accolade for VW cars lol

I'm looking for a wheel... which one would you buy?

HORI: 80 bucks
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L6AVN6I/?tag=neogaf0e-20
* Compatible with NFS too!!!
* Doesn't have anything to fix it to the table?
* A little small?

Thrustmaster T80: 100 bucks
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JDYMQ9C/?tag=neogaf0e-20
* Beautiful!
* Isn't compatible with NFS...

Thrustmaster T100: 150 bucks
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HRK6MM6/?tag=neogaf0e-20
* More expensive.
* Not officially licensed...
* Isn't compatible with NFS?
* What is "force feedback"?

I'm not a hardcore on this kind of games, so a "good" wheel it's fine. I have DriveClub and NFS, but I don't play this last one so often. I'll buy The Crew and Project Cars for sure.

see5harp

While I am enjoying the controls and load times I think I may have to return to this when there's less other stuff to get through. Not even simple leaderboards are working working. If this game has some crazy online social thing going on, it's hard to imagine where that is. With the way the game is setup, it's not even like the game has to fetch those in race things on the fly. It should just be a simple random assortment of face-off's and leaderboards when you start the race. I don't get it.

Xater

Is the online still not working? I didn't even bother trying this week. If it isn't maybe I should also try to get a refund. It's kinda bullshit that it's taking so long.

No it has not.
Yes it has. People have been online playing and racing since day one.

It works.

What is wrong with it, is that there isn't enough capacity. A full nightclub is still operational regardless of if you can get in or not.

Likewise, the online is working, regardless of if you can connect or not.

Xater

It works.

What is wrong with it, is that there isn't enough capacity. A full nightclub is still operational regardless of if you can get in or not.

It's not important which end of the equation fucks up the game. It's not working properly in any way and even if you connect not all features worked. So stop talking bullshit.

M.W.

It works.

The nightclub has been closed for me.

It's not important which end of the equation fucks up the game. It's not working properly in any way and even if you connect not all features worked. So stop talking bullshit.
It does because you said 'does it work', and the answer to that question is, yes it does. People are online racing. So, it works. If it didn't work, they wouldn't be online racing.

You need to ask a better quesiton.

Top Bottom