• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Things are improving. I couldn't play for the last two days so, tonight, when I launched the game I was surprised I could connect immediately. Updates were quick. That's positive. I did not try to race online though.

Cock of War

Check out that top four:

B0lCiAfIAAAxy7I.jpg:large

Video: http://youtu.be/FH4vt5keg84
Online has been working pretty good lately. Sometimes you get lucky and your competitors aren't all pit-maneuver experts. This was really intense. My heart was racing and I was sure I came in second. That Venom Hot Lap really paid off :)

Vaga

The fucking P1. What a car and what an erection it gives me. The way KERS & DRS alters the characteristics on the go, shiiiit. So this is my best time for now on The Kyle, my favorite track in the game, reminds me so much of OutRun it's crazy. They should put the whole fucking Scotland in the game.

Time is world record (won't upload on the leaderboards for some reason) but I suspect not many people tried this car & track combination yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJsv0GghZj0

Konosuke

So, who's ready to be disappointed next week?

15012015800_59e678b7db_b.jpg

First car DLC was the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S, they haven't talked about the free track yet. I'm not too confident that it will come.

SxP

Got the Cleanup trophy in the easiest possible way. 12 player multiplayer race (first time a week I managed to play some multiplayer) Maplewood 3, hot hatches, 1 lap. Started in first place and cruised to victory.

Oh, and the BAC Mono is like heaven on wheels. Fantastic car.

Shaneus

Holy shit did you level up fast in this game! No sleeping at all?

I'm working on that trophy too, game mode one is going to take forever, other ones are close. I doubt I'll ever get the 225/225 stars, I'm terrible at the drift events.

I'm having fun doing Single events now, picking on mfg of car and going through every course with random time of day and other options. I should hit level 40 tonight.
He's a beast, putting me to shame :/

I play a few now hours a night, haven't gone back to Alien since I picked up DC.

Some cars levels give you a buttload of Fame, pretty much a majority of that progression does and coupled with the Preorder Bonus you can level up quickly.
I'm still not sure how the preorder bonus works. It worked for a little while, but now nothing comes up at all.

I need to not get attached to certain cars during certain career missions. If I can't get a certain time, I need to try a different car rather than pushing the current one to try and get the time. Theoretically, every car available should be able to get that goal, but I can't not waste time trying to get them with my first pick.

No, but it's completly understandable, i hope this thing gets fixed soon so we can have him again over here. He's a pretty cool guy and we could we talking about how to improve the game with him instead of asking constantly if it's working or not. It's just sad and frustrating at the same time.
I was going to say it was probably because he was copping too much heat on Twitter for it, until I read viveks' post:
If only he could. Some his last tweets were obviously not PR approved and were picked up by the mainstream press. Guess what followed.
Any idea which tweets they were? Even ballpark ideas on what he was saying will do. I probably know the ones you're talking about, but it's hard to remember exactly who said what.

I do love him for his community interaction up to this point, though. He's done better PR for the game than MANY actual PR people for most games do, let alone project leads. Can't remember the last time a lead was so directly in contact with the general public on a large-scale title like Driveclub.

First car DLC was the Mercedes-Benz AMG GT S, they haven't talked about the free track yet. I'm not too confident that it will come.

I have a feeling we will see delays because they have been distracted by server issues

still cannot wait for more

now that I found a car I love cannot wait for the weather patch

dano1

A Sheep

It will come sooner or later. Not to worried about it.

viveks86

Any idea which tweets they were? Even ballpark ideas on what he was saying will do. I probably know the ones you're talking about, but it's hard to remember exactly who said what.

PMed you. I'd rather we don't bring too much attention to this particular issue. We all want him back on twitter and scrutinizing it further wouldn't help that cause.

Hugstable

Banned
As much as I enjoy the online... I don't think I will play it a lot. It's just too much of a ramming clusterfuck.

I really like the Face-Off stuff that's integrated into the game, and I'm interested in seeing what the challenges bring to the table. It's good ways of having multiplayer without having to race a whole bunch of other crazy drivers.

gl0w

Online is improving a lot, Im getting instantly connected as soon as I open the game.

Also I have been able to race online more than 10 times with 5 club members in a session.

Unfortunately face-offs were disabled, and leaderboards still not loading :(

NoFoX

As much as I enjoy the online... I don't think I will play it a lot. It's just too much of a ramming clusterfuck.

Yap!
I'll upload some videos when I have time.
Evo should really do something about people who only drive in my car.
This is soooo annoying.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Got a video saved of me having quite an epic crash in single player, rolled the car about 6 times at high speed. Can't upload atm as I need to crop the video somehow.

I'm still not sure how the preorder bonus works. It worked for a little while, but now nothing comes up at all.

I think it only works in SP and career mode and you need to be connected, can't confirm this but that is how it has appeared to me. I don't get a Preorder bonus in Single Events. Can cream a coneload of Preorder bonus in Career, especially the Trophy Events.

Loudninja

Online is improving a lot, Im getting instantly connected as soon as I open the game.

Also I have been able to race online more than 10 times with 5 club members in a session.

Unfortunately face-offs were disabled, and leaderboards still not loading :(
Just had some faceoffs.

Is anyone else only seeing team races again? This morning there was a wide variety of races and now 7pm my time im seeing nothing but Team Races again.

Another thing to note is that the last race I had online this morning was a Team race that glitched out right before the part when the game is supposed to tally up your fame. I had to close the game because it was stuck on a communicating with servers screen...just wondering if this is a bug that can be fixed or if they intentionally took away the other options once again.

viveks86

A few folks on twitter are also claiming that online is much improved today. Haven't tried it myself. Will do in a couple of hours and report my experience.

h3ro

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/skullgirls-on-ps4-will-support-ps3-fight-sticks/1100-5056/

A driver made by the guys at LabZeroGames and Cowboy from Naughty Dog for Skullgirls allows for PS3 peripherals (in this case, fightsticks) to be used on PS4. It can be used by all developers for FREE.

One of the guys at LabZero that posts here on gaf, MikeZ/Ravidrath has already messaged the Projectcars guys about this. If implemented, this could mean PS3 wheel support on PS4!

Let's get Rushy in on this!

GodofWine

Wow, racing humans is the worst experience possible :/

Edit. I got a collision penalty during a drifting event for the first time ever :!

iFootball

A few folks on twitter are also claiming that online is much improved today. Haven't tried it myself. Will do in a couple of hours and report my experience.
It is for me... while I'm still experiencing some matchmaking issues here and there, this evening I've been able to participate in at least 5 MP races in the past hour , including sharing a session with another Club Member

Chabbles

Wow, racing humans is the worst experience possible :/

I finally got into a match tonight, 3 races in total back to back without any connection issue or lag.. but damn, trying the multiplayer has given me a whole new appreciation for racing against the AI.. There is simulation in this game, and you'll find it in the multiplayer, pit maneuver simulator.

iFootball

...I just wanna take a moment to thank everyone who returned ther game or got a refund, as now the servers are not overloaded and we're getting some actual online multiplayer tonight =P

Hugstable

Banned

Yeah it's definitely better getting better and more consistent today which is good to see. Hopefully Challenges can go up soon and we be rolling!

Shaneus

Have you guys seen this?

http://www.giantbomb.com/articles/skullgirls-on-ps4-will-support-ps3-fight-sticks/1100-5056/

A driver made by the guys at LabZeroGames and Cowboy from Naughty Dog for Skullgirls allows for PS3 peripherals (in this case, fightsticks) to be used on PS4. It can be used by all developers for FREE.

One of the guys at LabZero that posts here on gaf, MikeZ/Ravidrath has already messaged the Projectcars guys about this. If implemented, this could mean PS3 wheel support on PS4!

Let's get Rushy in on this!
Licensing :/

Phreak47

Code:
Order Summary
Qty	Product Description	Price

Thrustmaster T300 RS: The FIRST official Force Feedback wheel for PS4 (1080°)
Item #: N82E16879337032

Order status: [B]PACKAGING[/B]

Come on come on Newegg, come on!!

Meanwhile, Amazon still doesn't have it so switching my order to Newegg was probably the right thing to do.

BUT COME ON NEWEGG

Had my wheelstand pro now for several days. I just need mah new wheelz

GodofWine

Egads!! I won a MP race! If you can just get ahead its over cause everyone else is just smashing into eachother.

But, getting blatantly spun out and coming to a stop facing the wrong way is rage inducing. :)

And that Marussia drift event, got my 2 stars and moved on, that will be a tough 3rd star

Online worked today without a hitch but challenges being still disabled and face-offs not working is a disappointment still. I think the syncing to lobby for MP takes WAY too long.

NateGrigs

What needs to be licensed? The driver and source are freely available for any PS4 developer to use, they just need to be willing to implement it.

I thought it was a patent-protected force feedback technology. Sony or Logitech would need to pay Immersion

Hugstable

Banned
Online worked today without a hitch but challenges being still disabled and face-offs not working is a disappointment still. I think the syncing to lobby for MP takes WAY too long.

Yeah I was noticing that today and it would take up to a minute for it to finally sync, and sometimes it didn't at all. I also still had a few disconnects. It's getting better but it's still not completely there yet :(. That said, I'm gonna be making my first Share Play video tomorrow with a clip I saved today from a pretty good race :D

Kumubou

I thought it was a patent-protected force feedback technology. Sony or Logitech would need to pay Immersion
I don't think that patent would have any bearing on this. These drivers allow for input from generic USB HIDs. So as long as the device supports the generic standard and the game is written to handle input from generic devices, it's not really going to care about the brand of the device you're plugging in. IIRC that patent licensing issue was because it needed to be licensed for each platform it was authored to be used on... but this would be using the wheel's generic PC USB support, which should sidestep that issue.

Daishogun

The problem for wheels on the PS4 isn't a patent issue. That was sorted way back in '07 when Sony got FF into that GT5 demo that was literally a single track. Issue is purely drivers. Logitech doesn't make console peripherals anymore, so they haven't bothered to make a PS4 driver for their wheels.

viveks86

Online has definitely improved. I did get thrown out a couple of times but it worked for the most part, even with 2 of us in the same session. Played a dozen races with no issues. It's still a destruction derby though. If you manage to break away from it, you can get far ahead. Otherwise you are fucked. Especially if you are trying to race clean.

Face offs showed up online a handful of times, but wasn't consistent.

Challenges are still disabled

Club connection was rock solid throughout

Syncing with lobby is sometimes really fast and sometimes really slow. Definitely a lot of room for improvement there

Its pretty damn demoralizing to beat your previous leaderboard time by six seconds only to have the game decide not update it for no reason whatsoever. It just decided, nah, didn't want to.

I'm finally running out of patience with this. Leaderboard competitions are nothing but a cruel tease if they aren't going to be reliable.

Edit: It actually updated some 10 minutes later. Don't understand whats going on under the hood as it lets me do some things and not others and I guess it can delay updates by quite a bit even when you otherwise seem to be online and connected. *shrug*

Top Bottom