• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Yes it has. People have been online playing and racing since day one.

It works.

What is wrong with it, is that there isn't enough capacity. A full nightclub is still operational regardless of if you can get in or not.

Likewise, the online is working, regardless of if you can connect or not.

I absolutely love this game, and am having a blast with the single player, but the apologists probably need to tone it down. This analogy is broken - this is not the way online games are supposed to "work." Not only did this game not ship feature complete (no replay mode, photo mode) but it's central social features (challenges, online, clubs) are not "working" by any reasonable definition of the word.

I can't begin to fathom how this could have happened but the poor communication from Evo and Sony at 2 weeks is just starting to make it more sad than frustrating. It would require a complete relaunch at this point to even save face.

Oh well. Back to the single player, and the absolutely mind blowingly awesome core racing action.

I absolutely love this game, and am having a blast with the single player, but the apologists probably need to tone it down. This analogy is broken - this is not the way online games are supposed to "work." Not only did this game not ship feature complete (no replay mode, photo mode) but it's central social features (challenges, online, clubs) are not "working" by any reasonable definition of the word.

I can't begin to fathom how this could have happened but the poor communication from Evo and Sony at 2 weeks is just starting to make it more sad than frustrating. It would require a complete relaunch at this point to even save face.

Oh well. Back to the single player, and the absolutely mind blowingly awesome core racing action.
I'm not apologising. It is a farce that there is still connectivity and capacity issues as well as delays in performing actions over 2 weeks since launch. Even if it was a disaster zone and needed re-writing in bulk I would expect this to have been complete by now but we don't seem to be making much progress and I would expect improvements are likely false improvements on the basis of many giving up hope on connecting, like the previous poster meaning reduced stress on the servers.

And all this without PS+ players.

As much as I don't like seeing people punished, someone needs a severe slapping for this. It has been handled extremely badly.

But it still works.

fernoca

Yeah. Love the game and even preordered it digitally along the season pass; even got a T80 which I really liked.

But this clusterfuck of online and it working sometimes. Then the over a million points yet barely 50k for my Club, then getting disconnected and not getting any points. Combined with the one friend that I convinced to get this, going through the same. If they at least talked about giving bonus points to your club or something.

At least the game is great. But hopefully things will be solved sooner rather than later. Disappointing. We're on the way to week #3. Have AC Unity and LBP3 already preordered, and hopefully that won't bring any problems.

I'm not apologising. It is a farce that there is still connectivity and capacity issues as well as delays in performing actions over 2 weeks since launch. Even if it was a disaster zone and needed re-writing in bulk I would expect this to have been complete by now but we don't seem to be making much progress and I would expect improvements are likely false improvements on the basis of many giving up hope on connecting, like the previous poster meaning reduced stress on the servers.

As much as I don't like seeing people punished, someone needs a severe slapping for this. It has been handled extremely badly.

But it still works.

It functions so it technically works on some level but I wouldn't just say that it "works" since it really is not working as it was intended to.

Tankshell

What I don't understand is: there have been virtually NO articles on any of the large gaming sites reporting the online/network problems this game has had since launch. It's almost like Sony are trying to keep it quiet...

But it still works.

That's like saying my car doesn't start but you can push it so it works.

The most annoying thing about this whole on/offline thing is you cant drive your "club enabled" cars when not connected

I know it's probably to prevent some kind of abuse but really puts me off from playing when I cant connect (which happens at least half the time still)

evo plz fix :[

viveks86

The nightclub has been closed for me.

The nightclub has been fickle with me. Most times I'm let in. I am good looking after all. But I'm promptly thrown out if I tried too hard to bring in more friends with me. And when I do get in, half the menu has been scratched out. Even if I ask for martini, they serve it stirred, not shaken. Ugh.

I'll go now. Will come back when Guerrilla fixes this shit.

Number45

The most annoying thing about this whole on/offline thing is you cant drive your "club enabled" cars when not connected

I know it's probably to prevent some kind of abuse but really puts me off from playing when I cant connect (which happens at least half the time still)

evo plz fix :[
I'm pretty sure this has been acknowledged as a bug, not working as intended.

The nightclub has been fickle with me. Most times I'm let in. I am good looking after all. But I'm promptly thrown out if I tried too hard to bring in more friends with me. And when I do get in, half the menu has been scratched out. Even if I ask for martini, they serve it stirred, not shaken. Ugh.

Lol.

Gav

Anyone still having leaderboard issues?

I can't see myself on any event leaderboard at all, but they seem to be working and are full of friends.

dano1

A Sheep
Anyone still having leaderboard issues?

I can't see myself on any event leaderboard at all, but they seem to be working and are full of friends.

Seems to be if you set a time when its not online it doesn't record your time. Just race again and your time should show up. But I think it will be the latest time. Hopefully this will be put on the list of fixes.

What I don't understand is: there have been virtually NO articles on any of the large gaming sites reporting the online/network problems this game has had since launch. It's almost like Sony are trying to keep it quiet...
false, it's been all over the news.
fortunately, the servers are now largely operational.

now that DC is online, it's time to move onto the next big fish... game 100% needs replay/photomode. Console screenshot thread will explode.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Are the leaderboards working also?

They work if you are online, but if you disconnect, then it's unclear if they get updated when you reconnect or not. Some people say it remembers the last 24 hours of activity, but not more.

Gav

Seems to be if you set a time when its not online it doesn't record your time. Just race again and your time should show up. But I think it will be the latest time. Hopefully this will be put on the list of fixes.

I've been online the past couple of evenings, and nothing is showing. Even right now.

Frustrating.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
A little video I put together using the PS4's Share Factory app of the Audi Showdown event. In car, no hud. Game look soooo good. Very close to photo realistic at times.

http://youtu.be/pOnWPHmXGrQ?list=UU-iAi6Aq4ifY3m4HzCVDW3w

When I first got the game, when I made it to this race, that was when I first said "Wow" and I started to enjoy the game. The first trophy cup levels didn't give me this feeling at all, totally the opposite/

Hoje0308

Banned
Matchmaking is still awful for me. Rarely do I not get kicked after a race. Evo have until next Tuesday to get things sorted or I'll most likely be calling Sony.

Gen X

Holy shit did you level up fast in this game! No sleeping at all?

I'm working on that trophy too, game mode one is going to take forever, other ones are close. I doubt I'll ever get the 225/225 stars, I'm terrible at the drift events.

I'm having fun doing Single events now, picking on mfg of car and going through every course with random time of day and other options. I should hit level 40 tonight.

Only played 3 hours yesterday, then took a break for a little Alien Isolation last night.

I play a few now hours a night, haven't gone back to Alien since I picked up DC.

Some cars levels give you a buttload of Fame, pretty much a majority of that progression does and coupled with the Preorder Bonus you can level up quickly.

Gaz_RB

HOLY SHIT YOU ARE ALIVE!

I know. Hang in there! :)

Everyday I come home from school and turn on my PS4 to see if Driveclub online is working.

Everyday I'm met with disappointment.

I wanna race with da club :(

finally a car I can't beat up so badly to make it ugly
UpzhLxb.jpg

I love this car need more KERS

Gestault

No and sorta

Two days since the last facebook entry, either they are totally in the weeds or holding off on updating cause they are soooo close to fixing it

With the pacing of updates, I'd guess they've had to go in and totally change some of the networking modules, which means subsequent testing for each step they take. I'd bet they don't have a useful estimate yet, which is why they aren't bothering with too many redundant updates.

Did he say why he had to go dark?

No, but it's completly understandable, i hope this thing gets fixed soon so we can have him again over here. He's a pretty cool guy and we could we talking about how to improve the game with him instead of asking constantly if it's working or not. It's just sad and frustrating at the same time.

GodofWine

With the pacing of updates, I'm guess they've had to go in and totally change some of the networking modules, which means subsequent testing for each step they take. I'd bet they don't have a useful estimate yet, which is why they aren't bothering with too many redundant updates.

Aaaaaaand they just said something on Facebook 3 minutes ago LOL

Figures :)~

Got in a few online races today. This feels like GTA racing. This is both great and terrible.

Is it normal that I still can't download the 3 preorder cars? WTF.

Gen X

*edit* Beaten, but I supplied the quote for those that don't use FB or it's blocked at work.

From Facebook.

As more servers come online and regular server updates are rolling out we are steadily improving connectivity for everybody.

Improving server performance is taking time, which is frustrating for all of us, but please understand that we are doing everything we can to get all aspects of online play up and running smoothly as quickly as possible.

We've also made changes today in Multiplayer to ensure that there are more events available to you, and that you have more variety when you choose to race with and against other drivers online.

We will keep you up to date as we improve server performance for all aspects of online play. Thank you again for your support while this work continues.

Top Bottom