• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

Going to try multiplayer again. Any tips on what races I should be looking for? I don't like short races, much prefers the longer ones but the most I see is 3 lap races. Is that the most?

I guess you're going to like endurance race then. It's hard to find endurance events nowadays but last time I played it was 12 lap race.

JawzPause

What a clusterfuck of a release. 1 year delay and they didn't think to test the online servers out correctly? Sony must be really pissed at Evo right now. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the last game Sony publish for them

What a clusterfuck of a release. 1 year delay and they didn't think to test the online servers out correctly? Sony must be really pissed at Evo right now. Wouldn't be surprised if this is the last game Sony publish for them
They did test. And the delay wouldn't change how they test, so you would just have had the same situation, only a year earlier.

h3ro

I was hoping Evo would just push a small patch through allowing Club cars to stay unlocked even when the servers were doing their usual nonsense so at least I could fully enjoy the campaign without missing out on a car I really want to drive.

It's stupid.

Oh damn, first wheel? You're going to love it, but make sure you've got the mounting game plan ahead of time. If you don't want to spring for the wheelstand pro (although I can't recommend it enough, just playing it about two hours last night convinced me this is the way to go), get yourself a heavy, sturdy table or desk that you can clamp the wheel onto and have the needed leg/foot room for the pedal base. This also usually means sitting more upright on a chair, not leaning back on your couch. If your PC is on a suitable desk, hooking the PS4 into that monitor is also an option (play with headphones).

This is where the wheelstand pro is really worth it... it's very sturdy and adjustable enough that you can sit how you want to sit and then dial it in. I'm leaning back on my couch with perfect control.

Yep, first wheel ever :)

I've sorted the stand already. I went for a Pagnian, of all the stands I looked at online, the design looked the best to minimize movement.

http://www.pagnian.co.uk/racing-sim...nd-for-g27-g25-t500-rs-fanatec-wheel-140.html

Sorted with Pulse Elite headphones, and I'll get a little foldup chair. Should be a good combo.

Shadybiz

Looks like I'm getting into MP matches much more consistently now, which is nice. Got booted once out of I think 4 tries last night. Still work to do, but it's definitely much better than it was.

T_Exige

Le Mans Racing is looking for 1 more player. The club is level 28.
We are looking for an active and clean racer :)

Hmm seems my pre-order bonus is gone since this morning.

baconcow

Are they waiting for people to stop playing and then just hope the servers start working better? I played a bunch last night again and my ghosts were not there, no faceoff, no time section comparisons, no drift differences. Disappointment.

Tankshell

Leaderboards seem to be working now.

I just posted a time of 2:14.0xx on the first Canada track (Cayoosh Point) using the Venom. Ranked 8th in the world currently but I expect do drop out of the top 10 pretty quickly now that leaderboards are actually recording new times!

BTW, still looking for other GAFers to join my club called:

The Culture

(yes I am an Iain M. Banks fan!)

dano1

A Sheep
I was hoping Evo would just push a small patch through allowing Club cars to stay unlocked even when the servers were doing their usual nonsense so at least I could fully enjoy the campaign without missing out on a car I really want to drive.

It's stupid.

Yeah I'm sure they have nothing else to do..

DrTeflon

Guys, need some help. I owned driveclub, sold it because I had a digitial preorder. Now I cant download it :(. Deleted all savegame data, everything. When I try to download from my library on PlayStation Store, it just boots me back to the main menu.

Anyone had that issue?

Edit: So, I was able to add to my download queue.. now.. hmmm.. what?

ehkeru.jpg

Why is it asking me for buy it again?

TMC

Finally booted up the game but I never got an invite to a Gaf club. Anyone have any clubs with openings? Would be much appreciated! Thanks!

Jaxx

Banned
Guys, need some help. I owned driveclub, sold it because I had a digitial preorder. Now I cant download it :(. Deleted all savegame data, everything. When I try to download from my library on PlayStation Store, it just boots me back to the main menu.

Anyone had that issue?

Edit: So, I was able to add to my download queue.. now.. hmmm.. what?

Why is it asking me for buy it again?

Sony fucked up the pre-order of this. Many people that bought the 49.99 pre-order now see no entries in the store that say "purchased" on them. Many people also have the Library issue you speak of. In order to download your game again, you'll need to go to your Purchased tab on the website and then force it to download from there.

viveks86

Was this posted?

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/716027181814978

There are more servers coming online and there will be a significant server update to improve performance in the next 24 hours. We will also be running performance diagnostics around this update, but there shouldn't be much disruption or downtime.
This server update will improve online performance across the game and it also brings specific improvements for multiplayer racing and leaderboard updates.

More improvements will follow as we make progress on Sunday and Monday, but we still have more work to do to get everything back on track before we can give you any bigger or better news. We will keep you up to speed.

As always we appreciate your feedback about online play as it improves and about your time with the game in general, so please keep sharing with us.

Mullah88

Why am I the only one using the ariel atom and yet you have imbeciles ramming the Damn thing! It's already hard enough as is taming that car through corners and yet I get rammed! Anyone online now that wants to party up send invite. The servers have been working great today

Oh Europeans seem to be the worst offenders when it comes to ramming and running people off road

Yes :p

Let me know how many times you've ever seen cars act like wedges in real life. Thought so. Fast & Furious 6 doesn't count ;)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz7DLRpav18#t=9s

Why am I the only one using the ariel atom and yet you have imbeciles ramming the Damn thing! It's already hard enough as is taming that car through corners and yet I get rammed! Anyone online now that wants to party up send invite. The servers have been working great today

Oh Europeans seem to be the worst offenders when it comes to ramming and running people off road
Yeah that is annoying. Also, with the Atom I like to brake early so I can straighten up early and not zig-zag down the road. Trouble is everyone else can brake a lot later and they aren't expecting me to brake early and don't react to you braking so SMASH it is.

CozMick

Banned
Finally got the driver statistics to load.

Says I've driven 152 miles, funny how I just got the drive 1000 miles as a club member trophy.

Also Ive only earned 52,000f, yet the leaderboards say 6,100,000f

I'm done. The ocd side of me can't accept this shit. I had hoped that they would sync but guess not.

Crazy really. A fuck up of this proportion would have got me the sack instantly......

Oh and challenges still aren't working.

Face offs are working but they haven't downloaded the stats to beat while the race has commenced, says "downloading"

SMH

FtHTiny

Finally got the driver statistics to load.

Says I've driven 152 miles, funny how I just got the drive 1000 miles as a club member trophy.

Also Ive only earned 52,000f, yet the leaderboards say 6,100,000f

I'm done. The ocd side of me can't accept this shit. I had hoped that they would sync but guess not.

Crazy really. A fuck up of this proportion would have got me the sack instantly......

Oh and challenges still aren't working.

Face offs are working but they haven't downloaded the stats to beat while the race has commenced, says "downloading"

SMH

That´s one of the reason why i haven´t touched the game for over a week now. There is no way that they will get all the data throughout that whole disaster. Will play it once it´s really released.

Phreak47

Yep, first wheel ever :)

I've sorted the stand already. I went for a Pagnian, of all the stands I looked at online, the design looked the best to minimize movement.

http://www.pagnian.co.uk/racing-sim...nd-for-g27-g25-t500-rs-fanatec-wheel-140.html

Sorted with Pulse Elite headphones, and I'll get a little foldup chair. Should be a good combo.

That looks good, but definitely geared more towards use with a stool or upright chair, since you don't get a lot of horizontal separation between the wheel and base. For my purposes I'm happy with the WSP so that the sofa can be my chair in a room with very limited space.

While the WSP looks like it doesn't have a great center of gravity and could tip in any direction, this is more than made up for by how solid and heavy it is. Also, all the adjustments hold firm. No cheap parts here.

Sorry viveks and all my other friends / clubmates.

GsSADQ.jpg

And I still know where I can improve. I'll revisit it later ;)

Yeah they said they will never fix that...
Source for that? Because last I saw posted was the complete opposite. That it was a known bug and a fix was in the works.

I'm going to assume 'Voice Chat' in the Audio settings means for your microphone and not other people, right?

Mine is off and yet I get people that are 10x louder than my own car and music.

JP

Haven't returned to this since launch as I've got loads of games to play and wanted to wait until it was up and running properly. How is it holding up now? Not so much the multiplayer but things like challenges in single player?

Has there been any details as to when the weather update will be out yet?

Certinty

Gaf letting me down, that Venom time trial was pretty easy, just had to find the right racing line. I was hoping for a real test. :(

Tommi84

Not sure if it was posted already, but. here's some birds for ya:

Flying flamingos in 1080p (just cropped the borders):
ibh0i6wefMLD7a.jpg

Yes, flamingos are the pink something in the background

And standing flamingos in 720p (movie shot, was busy trying to win to stop and watch ;))
ibpinRmBVBQqId.jpg

Top Bottom