• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

pop_tarts

Hell yeah No.1 (1.15.465)
Who has the fastest lap here in gaf?
(Venom hot lap)

Not sure if anybody has better but I have 1.14.666 with the Hennessey Venom GT

I'm trying to get all cars on that Tamil Nadu Course 1 track 1st place position, so far I have all the hot hatches and both Bentleys.

MJLord

Bizarre. I've never played a racer online before, so I'm very much new to it all. Kinda seems as if you're basically subscribing to shitty tactics completely against the spirit of the game, but I guess it's a unique problem that can't easily be governed.

It sucks for sure. It's not really a problem unique to racing though. Like people turning up their gamma and brightness in DayZ so that they can see better at night.

Mullah88

Cars in DC are much more tail happy than many others I've played.

The looseness at the rear end makes it very easy to be spun or spin someone out.

And people love to block and spin in this game.

I think the other problem is a lack of actual road space.

Lol a Bentley aka the yacht is very hard to spin (reason why i use it the most when given the chance)

Midnight Club online was fun and I don't remember ever raging over someone ramming or spinning me out...must be a driveclub thing

barit

Game gets really better the farther it goes. Played for the first time the BAC Mono (that Formula type racer). I say damn, this car is fast and is complete different in handling then any other slowass car that I driven before. The speed is insane. 150mph through Canada is a freaking blast.

Mullah88

Game gets really better the farther it goes. Played for the first time the BAC Mono (that Formula type racer). I say damn, this car is fast and is complete different in handling then any other slowass car that I driven before. That speed is insane. 150mph through Canada is a freaking blast.

Wait till you get a handle on the ariel atom, you'll be whizzing by people and they'll be fumbling trying to block you. That V8 is a beast!

pop_tarts

Wait till you get a handle on the ariel atom, you'll be whizzing by people and they'll be fumbling trying to block you. That V8 is a beast!

I can not handle that atom ticking spin bomb, maybe if I give it another try, used it for that one race ended up sticking with the BAC to finish up that 225 star completion

EGOMON

Not sure if anybody has better but I have 1.14.666 with the Hennessey Venom GT

I'm trying to get all cars on that Tamil Nadu Course 1 track 1st place position, so far I have all the hot hatches and both Bentleys.

Damn thats fast, do you use controller or a wheel?
FR sent

pop_tarts

Damn thats fast, do you use controller or a wheel?
FR sent

Controller, I'm trying to get number 1 with all the cars so far I've got 1st position with all the hot hatches and both Bentleys. Using those cars let me notice the different techniques I can do to improve my time with the faster cars. Hopefully I can get number 1 over all if not with the Hennessey maybe the McLarin P1

We already have the October free car, Mercedes AMG-GT.

The free track is cutting it a bit close now, so may have been pushed until servers are completely fixed.
I'd imagine that it was probably always planned for late October as if it was in the first two weeks it would be quite Soony after release.

We'll know on Tuesday I guess. The track is made so there's no need to delay release, I mean it isn't going to hamper their servers as a result.

EGOMON

Controller, I'm trying to get number 1 with all the cars so far I've got 1st position with all the hot hatches and both Bentleys. Using those cars let me notice the different techniques I can do to improve my time with the faster cars. Hopefully I can get number 1 over all if not with the Hennessey maybe the McLarin P1

wow that really awesome you seem very dedicated :)
Good luck with your goal pop i'll try to at least compete with you in the hyper cars class

pop_tarts

wow that really awesome you seem very dedicated :)
Good luck with your goal pop i'll try to at least compete with you in the hyper cars class

Awesome can't wait to see your ghost =) once's I'm satisfied with Tamil Nadu I'll move on to another track, don't care too much for point to points very hard to really learn the track for me.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I can not handle that atom ticking spin bomb, maybe if I give it another try, used it for that one race ended up sticking with the BAC to finish up that 225 star completion

The secret is not to back off the throttle completely when you start making your turn.

No throttle = less downforce on the rear.

Less downforce on the rear = slides out to the point of no return.

I tend to feather the throttle a little bit as I am turning. The faster you're going the more you can press the throttle but for tight corners you don't want too much.

The car is a blast to drive once you master it.

Game gets really better the farther it goes. Played for the first time the BAC Mono (that Formula type racer). I say damn, this car is fast and is complete different in handling then any other slowass car that I driven before. The speed is insane. 150mph through Canada is a freaking blast.
Yeah i love that car.

Mullah88

The secret is not to back off the throttle completely when you start making your turn.

I tend to feather the throttle a little bit as I am turning. The faster you're going the more you can press the throttle but for tight corners you don't want too much.

Here is me giving it a shot at a circuit track
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hlfqZXbNXLc

More or less. All you have to do is feather the throttle and baby it coming off a turn. You won't have issue if you're coming from a Sim background. The problem is the car is so light that once you get bumped it's hard to recover. It's much more fun to drive in time trials

QaaQer

I hate drifting. In any game. I hate drifting. That is all.

haha, yeah. The Spyker India challenge is actually a fucking challenge.

No rpg powerup mechanics, no f2p in-game purchases to boost the car, just the game saying "Fuck you mr.6384/6700pts, some other guy has over 12 000pts on this event, so get better or no 3rd star for you!"

This game is fairly niche as it makes no apology for penalizing bad drivers and the only way to progress is to get better. Most games that I've played just want to make you feel powerful and talented and trick you into thinking you are a winner.

This kind of old school play is great in its own right. It reminds me a bit of the older Super Mario games, before Tanooki suits, where finishing a level was really satisfying. Of course it's not all good, there is rage quiting, but even that is kinda cool because it is motivating the next time you fire it up.

These types of games, of course, only work if everything is fair. There is nothing worse than feeling cheated or ripped off. And, I must say, Driveclub has never felt cheap or unfair to me.

QaaQer

I don't understand this

you can literally drive any car on any track on any difficulty at any time of day - do you need the game to give you stars to feel like it's "content"?

I do. :shameface:

The online stuff, once fully working, will hopefully fill that void.

bombshell

I'd imagine that it was probably always planned for late October as if it was in the first two weeks it would be quite Soony after release.

We'll know on Tuesday I guess. The track is made so there's no need to delay release, I mean it isn't going to hamper their servers as a result.

I could see some backlash against Evolution if they start releasing content without the servers completely fixed. But yeah it could still be scheduled for next store update and make the October window.

pop_tarts

Glorified G
It's much more fun to drive in time trials
I haven't tried the Ariel in Time Trials yet, I'll also use that technique. I come from Sim background, I think it was the light weightness of that car that got me. If you remember GT3's S license last challenge, I basically became a throttle master with that game. Only got broze, but that was one of my happiest moments in gaming history.

Untalkative_Bunny
No rpg powerup mechanics, no f2p in-game purchases to boost the car, just the game saying "Fuck you mr.6384/6700pts, some other guy has over 12 000pts on this event, so get better or no 3rd star for you!"

Lol I felt this way with the Pagani challenge...fuk that challenge

Mullah88
Here is me giving it a shot at a circuit track
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hlfqZXbNXLc

Damn good race! I honestly didnt think you were gonna make it, since I thought the other guy had a Atom too.

Putty

Cool, leadboards times are now been registered. Tearing up the GAF times as we speak! Leading in a number of them. If i've not added you, please feel free to add me so i can beat you also.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Well, I was VERY bored today, so I used Audi TT and measured the distance of each track, minus BHR circut (game crashed)

Canada:
  • Cayoosh (P2P) - 7.4 km
  • Lytton (P2P) - 7.7 km
  • Fraser (road circut) - 2.6 km
  • Oliver (road circut) - 3.6 km
  • Maple leaf circut 1 (race track) - 2.6 km
  • Maple leaf circut 2 (race track) - 1.9 km
  • Maple leaf circut 3 (race track) - 2.5 km

Chile
  • Putre (P2P) - 8.7 km
  • Taapaca (P2P) - 9.6 km
  • Chungara Lake (road circut) - 2.6 km
  • Salar (road circut) - 1.8 km
  • Autodromo 1 (race track) - 2.7 km
  • Autodromo 2 (race track) - 2.8 km
  • Autodromo 3 (race track) - 2.3 km

India
  • Munnar (P2P) - 9.8 km
  • Nilgiri (P2P) - 9.1 km
  • Bandipur (road circut) - 3.8 km
  • Glenmorgan (road circut) - 3.5 km
  • Tamul 1 (race track) - 4 km
  • Tamul 2 (race track) - 2.4 km
  • Tamul 3 (race track) - 2.8 km

Norway
  • Holmastad (P2P) - 9.4 km
  • Hurrungane (P2P) - 9.6km
  • Sentraltind (road circut) - 3.9 km
  • Skjolden (road circut) - 4.6 km
  • Raceway 1 (race track) - 4.1 km
  • Raceway 2 (race track) - 4.1 km
  • Raceway 3 (race track) - 3.4 km

Scotland
  • The Kyle (P2P) - 7.4 km
  • Trotternish (P2P) - 7.1 km
  • Kinloch (road circut) - 4.5 km
  • Loch Duich (road circut) - 4.7 km

Cubed

Earned my trophy for winning the Legend Series. Now it's just earning all the other stars in the Legend class events.

I'm struggling with many of them.

p3n

You know what I thought for the 100th time today? It would be nice to include the full map/layout of the race tracks (at least) on the huge selection panels in track select. I just can't remember which of the BHRs or SKNOs are the full layouts and which are the shortened ones...

Well, I was VERY bored today, so I used Audi TT and measured the distance of each track, minus BHR circut (game crashed)

Canada:
  • Cayoosh (P2P) - 7.4 km
  • Lytton (P2P) - 7.7 km

Chile
  • Putre (P2P) - 8.7 km
  • Taapaca (P2P) - 9.6 km

India
  • Munnar (P2P) - 9.8 km
  • Nilgiri (P2P) - 9.1 km

Norway
  • Skjolden (roda circut) - 4.6 km

Scotland
  • Loch Duich (roda circut) - 4.7 km

great work
been hoping someone found a way

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10153374866192662&l=5381430374754111469

I don't see a count...wait in what mode does it count...or is inside the the car?
Cars show different things on their dashboard. Audi shows the most. There's the date, time, mileage, trip mileage, temperature, gear, speed.

ib0giIdRGzTEoN.png

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Loch Duich is my go to track for grinding, nice to know it's one of the longer road tracks at 4.7km. Thanks.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Well, there are some distance deviations (plus/minus 100-200 m), but i tried to drive on the middle of the road with minimal sliding in the corners.

Checked some tracks several times and numbers did match.

Getting into MP races last night was great. The matchmaking was happening really fast and drops were minimal. I was thinking about how different a tune people would be singing about this game if it had been like that day one. Its such a shame this whole mess happened.

GodofWine

Getting into MP races last night was great. The matchmaking was happening really fast and drops were minimal. I was thinking about how different a tune people would be singing about this game if it had been like that day one. Its such a shame this whole mess happened.

They just need to release the fully functional free edition for all the ps+version wanting people and then millions of people will get to experience the game. Most (not all ) the people complaining about this game dont even have it

I just tried remote play out for the first time via vita..
and i tried it with this game. this is amazing, it looks amazing on the vita screen!
i didn't realise remote play worked so well

Konosuke

Canada:
  • Cayoosh (P2P) - 7.4 km
  • Lytton (P2P) - 7.7 km

Chile
  • Putre (P2P) - 8.7 km
  • Taapaca (P2P) - 9.6 km

India
  • Munnar (P2P) - 9.8 km
  • Nilgiri (P2P) - 9.1 km

Norway
  • Skjolden (road circut) - 4.6 km

Scotland
  • Loch Duich (road circut) - 4.7 km
Awesome work!!! This will be super helpful for accolade grinding.

kriskrosbbk

Talking about the tracks.Guys, don't you miss a picure of the track itself before you start it?(GT way).Sometimes I really miss this feature.The other way is just to learn the tracks I know.

pop_tarts

Once you get all the stars is there anything left to do? ( not counting multiplayer)

Since I think I'm a skilled racer I am doing leaderboard climbing. Not sure if that interest you, but its fun to me because you get to learn each corner of a track well enough that when you enter multiplayer you'll cream them.

Once you get all the stars is there anything left to do? ( not counting multiplayer)
I don't want to sound like I'm picking on you, so please do not take offense. This isn't aimed directly at you, but the limited single player stuff has been brought up several times lately. This game is centered around the clubs, do people not understand that this isn't supposed to be just a single player affair? The entire premise was to form clubs, increase your ranks of said clubs and compete against others in their clubs. I understand a lot of that stuff was on hold due to these stupid server issues, but a lot of the club stuff is working now, yes?

Again, flipswitch I don't mean to talk down to you or anything, your post was just the catalyst to my response. But keep in mind, if you really don't want to play any multiplayer, that more courses and events are coming "soon". Hopefully the server stuff didn't mess up the schedule on that too much.

Talking about the tracks.Guys, don't you miss a picure of the track itself before you start it?(GT way).Sometimes I really miss this feature.The other way is just to learn the tracks I know.
That doesn't bother me too much, but one thing that always bugged me while doing the events (at least early on) they never even mentioned which country I was racing in. By now I know instantly what India looks like compared to Scotland or Norway (duh) but early on I never knew where these events were taking place or what courses I had raced in already. A brief mention while the game loads would have been nice.

acklame

I love this game. Driving just feels so great and immersive, especially with the in car view and with headset on. Amazing scenery too.

Top Bottom