• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

lewisgone

Good to hear an update isn't too far out. I'm enjoying this game but it's a little barebones in places, but especially so when challenges and other online features aren't functional. I made my own club which wasn't too exciting, but the server finally managed to process my club badge change so now it feels a little more personal. I was surprised at the limited options for club badge customisation though. I wish it was more like the emblem editor in Call of Duty or something.

These server issues are a real shame. I hope the game still has a good sized community once this is all through. I suppose the PS+ version might ensure that.

viveks86

Good to hear an update isn't too far out. I'm enjoying this game but it's a little barebones in places, but especially so when challenges and other online features aren't functional. I made my own club which wasn't too exciting, but the server finally managed to process my club badge change so now it feels a little more personal. I was surprised at the limited options for club badge customisation though. I wish it was more like the emblem editor in Call of Duty or something.

These server issues are a real shame. I hope the game still has a good sized community once this is all through. I suppose the PS+ version might ensure that.

Yeah. The PS+ version is the only way the game will recover from this mess. Hopefully they get to a state where releasing it is more helpful than harmful.

Anarion07

I've been really patient with this game...
But now that around 7 of my <500 leaderboard times/drift points are just GONE, I'm starting to develop a slight dislike towards it.

krioto

Thanks for the update on the update Viveks!

I'm still plugging away every night on this game, knocking off the vehicle type accolades - it really gives you a great feel for all the different cars and how they handle.

MMaRsu

Guys multiplayer works!! Sorta. Most of the time when you get into a lobby it connects 90 proecent of the time, so I'm having tons of fun racing. Anybody wanna friend up and race together?

Kinda sad there's no private lobbys yet but they have bigger things on their minds

benzy

This one is focused on fixing the game, but they would probably talk about it as well. Photo mode (and a whole bunch of free stuff) coming towards the end of the month (so probably the week after next).

It's gonna be a long two weeks.

I hope photomode actually renders supersampled images like in GT6/Forza rather than just let us tweak settings and move the camera to only use the Share button for a screengrab ala TLOU.

this one is the easiest to gain I think I got it not even trying, but if you want it bad enough you can cheat the system, you go to single event time trial and your first run go at a very slow pace your second run go slow but not as slow as last time your third run go as fast as you can so this one is really not the hardest one to get

I did it the normal way just tried to beat my times and got it without having to slow down

Thanks! I finally got the Rack Em Up, Knock Em Down trophy. Hadn't realized it was in Single Events mode and not the Tour. Got it on the first try, and I didn't even have to cheese it.

I didn't know the Time Trials in the Single Events mode had target times from other players to beat that are generated dynamically based on the lap times you just set. Wow! And it has other players' ghosts to race against as you continue your laps. Now that I've fully completed the Tour mode, I'm going to settle into the Time Trials working on the leaderboards until Challenges are working.

lordxar

Knocked a couple more stars out but the faster cars are getting a lot tougher to control. Sitting at like 109ish on total stars but it doesn't seem like I'm making much progress lol

Guys multiplayer works!! Sorta. Most of the time when you get into a lobby it connects 90 proecent of the time, so I'm having tons of fun racing. Anybody wanna friend up and race together?

Kinda sad there's no private lobbys yet but they have bigger things on their minds

i m mostly doing time trials cause leaderboards seem to work quite consistently now but i m always down for some multiplayer races.. psn deathrowinmate66.

Err, it's been like that for weeks?

Melchiah

It's a damn shame you couldn't create a club right from the start, as I've already driven 1610km (1000 miles), and I didn't get the trophy.

Err, yes.

It has been functional in that form for quite some time. Your proclamation of 'guys, multiplayer works!' as if it was some all-of-a-sudden about turn is wrong.

For sure, there have been short periods during that time where things have taken a temporary turn south, but those aside it has been working to the description you gave for a while.

MMaRsu

Err, yes.

It has been functional in that form for quite some time. Your proclamation of 'guys, multiplayer works!' as if it was some all-of-a-sudden about turn is wrong.

For sure, there have been short periods during that time where things have taken a temporary turn south, but those aside it has been working to the description you gave for a while.

Ehm nope not at all.

Most of the time when trying to connect it would throw up errors, way more often than last week. Even when I was able to connect it would let me race once, and throw be back into the menu with an error once it was trying to set up a new game.

This week I've been racing one race after another, without any errors in between.

Pretty huge difference if you ask me.

And trust me, I've tried to play online almost everyday for the last few weeks since launch.

Mullah88

It's been working but not on a consistent basis. like on Monday I couldn't get a race at all, it kept on booting me from the lobby but it's been working just fine since then.

You get the occasional blank player list after 3 track rotations with the spinning circle on syncing with players

i_max

Neo Member
This one is focused on fixing the game, but they would probably talk about it as well. Photo mode (and a whole bunch of free stuff) coming towards the end of the month (so probably the week after next).

Forgive me for my ignorance but do you work with Evo or something?

Not seen any difference in my connection with multiplayer. Still pathetic.
Unless something miraculous happens next week with this supposed update then I will give up on this game for a while.

dwr budr

Banned
I hate the venom hot lap with a passion, I've tried hour after hour yet I'm still 2 seconds off doing it, it's my last star to collect but can't see me doing it.

The team at Evolution continues to work diligently to resolve all of the server issues. We know you have all been extremely patient and understandably frustrated during DRIVECLUB&#8217;s launch, and to show our appreciation for the support during this challenging time, we will be offering the premium DLC packs for November (25th November-SCEA/26th November-SCEE/27th November-SCEJ) free to those who purchased the full game.

These premium DLC packs &#8211; The Ignition Expansion Pack and Photo-Finish Tour Pack along with two livery packs &#8211; will give you a total of five new cars, 22 new tour events, 10 new trophies and 10 new livery items to play with online and offline.
The Season Pass will be extended to include four extra packs in July 2015 to ensure players who purchased the pass get everything that was promised. So on top of the free DLC in November, the Season Pass will still include 38 cars, 176 tour events and 80 unique liveries.

On Tuesday we will also be releasing our next game update which includes our first round of player requested feature updates.

In addition to Photo Mode, which will allow you to share your most thrilling moments with your friends, we will be adding:

&#8226; Improved multiplayer collision physics to reduce frustrating spin-outs
&#8226; Adjustments to soften the corner cutting penalty system
&#8226; Options in the club menu to view everything your club has unlocked
&#8226; A fix to allow all club owners to update their club badges
This update also includes the first new tracks, which we announced back in September as part of our plans to keep supporting and expanding the game as you play. These include the following free new tracks for online and offline play (also playable in reverse):
&#8226; India &#8211; Yedepalli
&#8226; Scotland &#8211; Wester Ross
&#8226; Chile &#8211; Los Pelambres

https://www.facebook.com/driveclubofficial/posts/726036460814050

Update! Photomode incoming!!!

Hi everyone,
The team at Evolution continues to work diligently to resolve all of the server issues. We know you have all been extremely patient and understandably frustrated during DRIVECLUB’s launch, and to show our appreciation for the support during this challenging time, we will be offering the premium DLC packs for November (25th November-SCEA/26th November-SCEE/27th November-SCEJ) free to those who purchased the full game.
These premium DLC packs – The Ignition Expansion Pack and Photo-Finish Tour Pack along with two livery packs – will give you a total of five new cars, 22 new tour events, 10 new trophies and 10 new livery items to play with online and offline.
The Season Pass will be extended to include four extra packs in July 2015 to ensure players who purchased the pass get everything that was promised. So on top of the free DLC in November, the Season Pass will still include 38 cars, 176 tour events and 80 unique liveries.
On Tuesday we will also be releasing our next game update which includes our first round of player requested feature updates.
In addition to Photo Mode, which will allow you to share your most thrilling moments with your friends, we will be adding:
• Improved multiplayer collision physics to reduce frustrating spin-outs
• Adjustments to soften the corner cutting penalty system
• Options in the club menu to view everything your club has unlocked
• A fix to allow all club owners to update their club badges
This update also includes the first new tracks, which we announced back in September as part of our plans to keep supporting and expanding the game as you play. These include the following free new tracks for online and offline play (also playable in reverse):
• India – Yedepalli
• Scotland – Wester Ross
• Chile – Los Pelambres
Although currently we do not have an update regarding the timing for the launch of the PS Plus Edition, we are continually working on improving the server capacity to enable us to launch the PS Plus Edition as quickly as possible.
Once again, thank you for your support. We are truly sorry that the road to delivering the full DRIVECLUB racing experience on PS4 has been such a rocky one.

Update! Photomode incoming!!!

Hi everyone,
The team at Evolution continues to work diligently to resolve all of the server issues. We know you have all been extremely patient and understandably frustrated during DRIVECLUB’s launch, and to show our appreciation for the support during this challenging time, we will be offering the premium DLC packs for November (25th November-SCEA/26th November-SCEE/27th November-SCEJ) free to those who purchased the full game.
These premium DLC packs – The Ignition Expansion Pack and Photo-Finish Tour Pack along with two livery packs – will give you a total of five new cars, 22 new tour events, 10 new trophies and 10 new livery items to play with online and offline.
• Improved multiplayer collision physics to reduce frustrating spin-outs
• Adjustments to soften the corner cutting penalty system
• Options in the club menu to view everything your club has unlocked
• A fix to allow all club owners to update their club badges
• India – Yedepalli
• Scotland – Wester Ross
• Chile – Los Pelambres
Although currently we do not have an update regarding the timing for the launch of the PS Plus Edition, we are continually working on improving the server capacity to enable us to launch the PS Plus Edition as quickly as possible.
Once again, thank you for your support. We are truly sorry that the road to delivering the full DRIVECLUB racing experience on PS4 has been such a rocky one.

Sounds great! The comment section is damn depressing though :/

I'm ok with this.

For me my driveclub experience is great so far ( reached 127 stars last night ) , more events ? Perfect
corner system less dumb ? perfect
less spinning because of collisions ? mindblowing

photomode ? cheery on top of the cake.

i'm awaiting this update with a passion.

viveks86

Thank goodness they released it today. My reputation was at stake! Lol

Had expected more to be said on the state of the online issues and challenges. Looking forward to see how much of that is addressed next week.

QaaQer

Knocked a couple more stars out but the faster cars are getting a lot tougher to control. Sitting at like 109ish on total stars but it doesn't seem like I'm making much progress lol

wait for hypercars. Makes me nostalgic for the the hot hatch days.

The multiplayer so far in the last 2 weeks managed to get me online and playing ... some disconnects in the lobbies, sure ... but i can't see this , at all

What happens in this video happens to me once a night , maybe twice at worst

I wish I could play more. I fell in love with the game on the day I got it and paid for the season pass. Completed single player and that's been it for me. I get into 1 out of 20 games. So disappointed.

benzy

Thank goodness they released it today. My reputation was at stake! Lol

Had expected more to be said on the state of the online issues and challenges. Looking forward to see how much of that is addressed next week.

I'm still disappointed in you. You told me photo mode was coming in two weeks, apparently it's coming next Tuesday!

:p

Ehm nope not at all.

Most of the time when trying to connect it would throw up errors, way more often than last week. Even when I was able to connect it would let me race once, and throw be back into the menu with an error once it was trying to set up a new game.

This week I've been racing one race after another, without any errors in between.

Pretty huge difference if you ask me.

And trust me, I've tried to play online almost everyday for the last few weeks since launch.
Then your experience is not in line with the vast majority. Because trust me it has been how you described it for a very long time for the vast majority.

You even talk about having trouble connecting which has stable for quite some time now outside of the occasional lobby errors etc.

The experience you describe was typical of week 2, but not since then apart from a few dodgy spells as I described earlier. So you clearly were an unfortunate edge case citizen, to your relief I am sure.

Nice to see an expanded DLC. Might mean some Lambos now then :p

lordxar

wait for hypercars. Makes me nostalgic for the the hot hatch days.

Been tinkering with them on single events. How can you not fire one up when you unlock it? I'm sitting at like level 38 driver right now so I have very little to unlock. The McLaren is about the smoothest, the RUF is just an awful tailspinning mess for me :) I'm digging 200+ but hypers need so much room to slow down. Usually I will unwind to a hot hatch at the end of the night. *

* honestly I typically HATE going from the fastest to the slowest in racers but even the pos slow cars are even fun to drive here.

Wish they had an hour counter in the stats. I have fun just driving around the road tracks shaving seconds.

Edit: oh dam I need to get the season pass pronto. First group is free and all but I totally skimmed the chart when DC first dropped and didn't see it was a monthly thing for many months. Hate to forget and miss something.

MMaRsu

I am quite pissed off with this empty gesture by Evolution. A free DLC pack? Well thank fuck. I was planning on buying the season pass anyway.

I would rather take a discount on the season pass because I feel this is quite absurd.

Where is the news about private lobby's? Why can I still not set up to race with ghost cars as to not get fucked over by people who can't or won't drive clean?

Just annoyed at this news honestly. I couldn't care less about photo mode either. I thought we might get the weather update but sadly that's more than a month away.

Viveks you got a line at Evo? Tell then a dlc pack sucks as compensation for our patience and troubles. Almost all my friends in my club bailed on the game because of it.

Top Bottom