• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DRIVECLUB |OT2| You Can't Rush Evolution

So if let me see if I understand this right.

Instead of the Season Pass going from November to June as originally planned, because of the networking issues, they basically pushed everything forward a month instead?

So December to July?

Does this mean we basically got Novemebers planned Season Pass content for free and are getting basically another month of content out of the deal that was initially unplanned?

So then

50 default Driveclub Cars
9 Free DLC Cars
38 Season Pass purchase cars
and 5 November pack cars

So with everything all set and done the full car count is going to be 102?

As for tracks, the default game has 55 tracks (Does this include reverse routes as well?) and they are planning to add 11 more? So 66, or is it 132 because of reverse routes?

All things considered for the few that claim Driveclub is barebones on content the default game is decent contender against other Arcade racers, factoring the Season Pass and Free Car / Track content it exceeds most. Still it's long time from now until July 2015.
Just think of the Season Pass as extending into July rather than June, with bonus additional content, as the first lot of content is being given for free to everyone.

And yes, 55 was including reverse and race circuit variations. There will be 1 new road circuit track for each retail location and a bunch of new tracks for the new location, again reverse etc on top of that.

Was waiting on this patch to jump back in, though GTA5 is taking my time too.

Whats the word on the new tracks? Are they all circuits? Or a mix? Are they open road like the middle tracks in each environment, or track based like the last tracks in each environment?

GodofWine

Does the free dlc apply to anyone who had installed/played the game prior to next week's download dates? (Is there a cut off, or is it just free forever?)

If the first now would be a good time to pick this up.

system11

The Scotland castle track is awesome.

However - I found that the best way to take turn one is to just slam into the barrier, it's way faster than driving properly. Is this what they meant by tuning corner/collision penalties or a bug particular to this track? Unsure...

Also Super class is still totally broken. Lots of DNFs if anyone is driving a BAC Mono, seems the Mono and Atom should be in their own entirely separate class.

Los Pelambres is a nice technical addition, Wester Ross has some great unique environmental elements and steep climbs, but I'm currently in love with the pure driving bliss of Yedapalli. Such a sexy, curvy, high speed romp of strip.

Evo, please never stop making tracks for this game. This shit is too good. :)

GodofWine

Also Super class is still totally broken. Lots of DNFs if anyone is driving a BAC Mono, seems the Mono and Atom should be in their own entirely separate class.

Maybe when the Caterham sp300 and the KTM Xbow come out they will make more events for them only (including the atom and mono)

Duallusion

Yep, Scotland track's the highlight of this update. DC shines the most at higher speeds, IMO, and the other two are just a bit too twisty for their own good.

Mullah88

The Scotland castle track is awesome.

However - I found that the best way to take turn one is to just slam into the barrier, it's way faster than driving properly. Is this what they meant by tuning corner/collision penalties or a bug particular to this track? Unsure...

Use a mclaren, anything else and you'll be pushing it. I always run with the Atom so I know what you're saying. Atom, mono, mclaren or ruff

Vein

Banned
Wester Ross is getting it done. Both reverse and normal are fun. The others were no slouches and decent additions. Game gets better with every patch. Going to jump on soon again.

Yep, Scotland track's the highlight of this update. DC shines the most at higher speeds, IMO, and the other two are just a bit too twisty for their own good.

Some of the lower speed cars are pretty sweet on those courses. I love going for joyrides.

sneaky77

Someone tried to do it to me. My ass end swung a little bit but it was very easy to recover from. Nothing at all like before.

Thats good to know because I did some multiplayer yesterday and damn were some people just playing bumper cars and obviously slamming you on purpose

-Amon-

Purely speaking of performance yes, but sometimes it's hard to come out of a race alive in those two lightweight cars if other racers play dirty with slower but eavier cars in the same class.

Purely speaking of performance yes, but sometimes it's hard to come out of a race alive in those two lightweight cars if other racers play dirty with slower but eavier cars in the same class.
And if the track has lots of long straights or long periods of acceleration then you're toast anyway. Every other car will eventually catch you up and pass you whilst you're at max speed, helpless.

Shaneus

I can't recall if there were less spinouts post-patch or not, because I put in the first session of DC for a few days and the patch landed mid-game. I did encounter my first fair portion of fuckwits ever in this game though, lots of people using me as a barrier to take corners faster :( I don't think it's enough for them to get penalised, but it's enough to allow them to carry more speed through the corner (while I get shoved behind).

But I can definitely see things are improving. I did get the odd error after a race and backing out of the current lobby where it wouldn't find any upcoming MP races, but it was few and far between. All the other stuff was running a LOT better.

I think I also got an error with the misreadings of the challenges (15000km/h speed traps) but again, can't remember if that was pre or post-patch.

Keep up the good work, Rushy et al. Loving the hell out of it!

le-seb

Uh, how am I supposed to enter Photo Mode while using a T500RS as a wheel?
My DS4 tactile pad doesn't seem to react to touches and I couldn't find an option to remap the key to one my wheel has. :(

Please tell me I'm just herp derping and there's an option.

How are the network issues now?

There's not really anything in the patch notes regarding the network issues, but photomode is really making me want this game, but I told myself I wouldn't bite until the issues were fixed.

Loudninja

How are the network issues now?

There's not really anything in the patch notes regarding the network issues, but photomode is really making me want this game, but I told myself I wouldn't bite until the issues were fixed.
So far so good for me did like 8 races had a few errors but much better for me.

Vaga

Sheeet, mp is flawless so far. No more connection issues, no more lobby syncing problems, they even fixed the long fucking waiting times. I managed to race 5 times in a row in the same lobby. Keep up the good work Evo.

Online is way better after the patch, other cars can still push you around but deliberately spinning people seems to be cured from what I've seen tonight. You can feel more confident about racing close to club mates too, knowing that a missed braking point isn't going to ruin their race. Just raced for the past 3 hours with friends and had some of the best racing yet, great stuff.

Is anyone else having a weird bug where the camera suddenly starts changing like crazy after a while into the race? I first thought it was the controller dying, but the same happens with a new one.

Had a few online race disconnects, then locked in to a nice series. As mentioned above, they've greatly reduced spinouts.

But, am I the only one noticing a sound change? Spent hours hot lapping the 458 (shifting by ear for much of it) and things sound...deeper?

Anyone?

ron_bato

Patch 1.07 isn't being downloaded for me, the disc is region 3 by the way. Is this just a timing issue for release of patches across regions?

Ok i've played 2 hours and i haven't seen a bugued face-off
And i hadn't any driveclub "server issue" during those face off either .

And it loaded very fast ...

That's ...very good ..

ron_bato

Hmm did you try turning off you PS4?

Yup, still nothing. I'm hoping it's just a timing issue with the different region updates and whatnot.

Successfully downloaded the latest battlefield patch with no issues. So it could be a DC thing.

Anyway thanks for your help. Cheers.

Did anyone else get a weird lighting bug in the into vid on some tracks? It's like the brightness is maxed out then gradually goes to the correct time of day.
The servers definitely felt more stable with fewer disconnects but still got the spinning ring thing when changing tracks now and then.
The corner and collision penalties seemed same as before or even slightly worse but I might be wrong.
I like that you can now click on players to find out their level etc but don't know why they don't just show the driver levels on the lobbly screen or the club icons on the results screen - we got a few 1,2,3's for our club last night but no one would know - seems like an oversight for a team driving game.

I m sooo happy this game made me have fun again with videogames. I ve been a pathetic trophy and gamerscore whore for years now and it feels so good firing up this game and just have fun without worrying about missing something, having to do another playthrough or grinding.
Now if only they cleaned up the leaderboards a bit it would be perfect.
Season pass dc and shadow warrior will keep me happy for quite some time and no need to buy all those yearly games a la cod and ac!

garyBig

Did anyone else get a weird lighting bug in the into vid on some tracks? It's like the brightness is maxed out then gradually goes to the correct time of day.

Yep. Fixing things while introducing new problems seems to be en vogue. Also, when pausing gameplay, the menu tiles always flicker for a split sec.

Yep. Fixing things while introducing new problems seems to be en vogue. Also, when pausing gameplay, the menu tiles always flicker for a split sec.
That's was happening before. You could easily trigger it by going into the garage and changing the time of day quickly.

Never personally had it for a race intro, but I've seen it occur from others and I think it again is down to dramatic shifts in time of day, so when in the menus the in the background it is day time then you go into a night race or etc.

garyBig

That's was happening before. You could easily trigger it by going into the garage and changing the time of day quickly.

Never personally had it for a race intro, but I've seen it occur from others and I think it again is down to dramatic shifts in time of day, so when in the menus the in the background it is day time then you go into a night race or etc.

In this case it would have been coincidence to see it for the first time and more than once only after the update (garage excl.) . Maybe. Maybe not. *need ... to do... more research*

The servers definitely felt more stable with fewer disconnects but still got the spinning ring thing when changing tracks now and then.
The corner and collision penalties seemed same as before or even slightly worse but I might be wrong.
I like that you can now click on players to find out their level etc but don't know why they don't just show the driver levels on the lobbly screen or the club icons on the results screen - we got a few 1,2,3's for our club last night but no one would know - seems like an oversight for a team driving game.

Yeah, I had the lighting issue as well.

Game ran really well last night, I do hope they can reduce the time spent between races and in lobbies though.

Other than challenges not working, that's probably my biggest complaint now. I had a few disconnects while playing multiplayer again and it feels like I spend more time waiting than racing. I was able to get in 10 or 11 multiplayer races though, so it's definitely going in the right direction.

-Amon-

Nice update. Photomode is done well, on par with the Gran Turismo implementation it looks from the half hour i played with it.

New tracks are really good, i'm enjoying all of them a lot.

Online for me, while getting better, has still it's problems. Disconnects from the lobby post race mainly. It's a pity :(

Oh, i miss challenges too :(

Top Bottom