• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Gametrailers and SpikeTV All Acess Live discussion thread

zychi

Banned
Phil and Jack are great on the couch interview. Even though Jack isn't with Sony anymore, it is nice seeing these guys be respectful and joking with each other

This isn't an actual war, they were just business competitors. They both make a shit load of money off of fake feuds. As long as both are making profits, neither cares about the other after release of the console.

Hasney

lol "Can't even get through an AssCreed demo without being distracted by side missions"

Glad Kyle is getting all these promotions. you earned it buddy!

SRTtoZ

Lol Geoff, way to call the Sony conference "the big one" in front of Spencer.

I THINK he meant since the MS one is over, all of the ones after that don't add up to Sony's. Cmon, everyone knows Sony and MS are the big conferences to look for.

SRTtoZ

Its true though...as I was watching the UC demo, it LOOKED cool visually, and I like the new maneuvers but it still seems like the same shit underneath it all, people pick pocketing you and wanting you to chase them.

should be watching the 720p one linked in the OP in vlc. best quality stream i've seen.

Ahh, thanks. I was looking for it earlier but I checked the other E3 threads and didnt see it. Thanks, ill check it out.

MoHappyRobot

Neo Member
I dont know if this has to do with Sony's last year's conference or the fact that both consoles are out since last year, but all conferences today were about games games games. Not one technical, social media or tv related fact. This must be the most interesting E3 for gamers.

SpyGuy239

I dont know if this has to do with Sony's last year's conference or the fact that both consoles are out since last year, but all conferences today were about games games games. Not one technical, social media or tv related fact. This must be the most interesting E3 for gamers.

True. But for some reason or another, its not as exciting as last year I find...

antonz

The E3 after launch is the prove yourself E3 typically as far as presentation goes. Have to win the hearts of the gamers.

So far things have been solid but It seems like everything big is late 2015-2016 before things start getting serious

Sony might fuck that up with movies for gamers again.

Ubisoft was a good conference, mostly games, even if they didn't outright interest me they all look solid and had good presentation. Even the exercise game looked really good. Rainbow Six was the highlight of the show, but the show as mostly about recapping and game updates.

EA was really odd and had wierd pacing. Was disappointed because I thought it would be the most entertaining show, but it was pretty dry on content. Mass Effect 4 had essentially nothing except "It's going to be awesome!!!11!", and the new IP even less. Battlefront was really disappointing too, no gameplay. All of these games look like they're target 2016 at the earliest. 2015 looking like a dry year for non EA Sports games. They probably would have saved money not doing E3 at all. Hardline was pretty awesome but you could have presented it at Sony or MS and had the same effect.

MS however, was definitely excellent. A good combination of indies, sequels, new IP, 2014 lineup, and 2015 games. I don't think they could have done anything different. People set their E3 expecations to unrealistic heights, you won't see many big exclusives like how FF use to be, that just isn't how the industry works anymore. They also cut out the PR speak, notably "cloud computing". I think whoever organized this E3 (if it was Spencer), obviously knows their audience better than the last director.

Can't wait to see Sony, undoubtedly going to be some Arkham Knight, MK10, Project Beast and those three alone make it better than Ubi and EA's conference.

Zones

With PlayStation Now and Sony's 'Internet TV' on the horizon, you can bet those two (alongside some Morpheus talk) will take some time of the Sony's presser.

Top Bottom